• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I really want to support Shantae, guys. I really do. But everytime I come back to this thread I see this ridiculously heated arguments over semantics. A lot of you guys are amazing, but seeing this take place here is a serious mood-killer.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I really want to support Shantae, guys. I really do. But everytime I come back to this thread I see this ridiculously heated arguments over semantics. A lot of you guys are amazing, but seeing this take place here is a serious mood-killer.
Yeah, the environment still need some time to cool down a bit. I think things worked out in the end though, all things considered.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Well, vagueness tends to do that to people. Personally, I don't see the point in arguing. Just support her however you can. Whether she makes this round of DLC or a hypothetical second wave, our girl needs our support.

WreckitRyan

Smash Apprentice
I swear this thread is like some sort of drug, haha. Me and others have said countless times that we're going to take a break from the site, yet we keep coming back XD

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Super Smash Bros? Dark?
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I have no idea where you got that idea.
But seriously, some of this artwork breaks my heart.
Smash Bros has always been dark. I mean, the original Game Over song is pretty spooky.

But the funny memes people make more than compensate for it.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I swear this thread is like some sort of drug, haha. Me and others have said countless times that we're going to take a break from the site, yet we keep coming back XD
That does seem to be a trend. I guess that happens when you dedicate yourself to a thread for so long, at some point it just becomes secound nature to check in.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
"Corrin was announced alongside Bayonetta during the Super Smash Bros. - Final Video Presentation on December 15th, 2015, and both released on February 3rd, 2016 "

Fire Emblem Fates release date:
"JPJune 25, 2015
NAFebruary 19, 2016 "

XenoBlade Chronicles 2 was released December 1, 2017

Edit: Maybe the dates werent what I thought before. I'll leave that info there and look at it.
But XBC2 was still released a year before smash ultimate releases.
That is the thing though. Fire Emblem Fates was already out, and like with Melee, Smash 4 was used a springboard for advertising him. Smash 4 also was already out and complete. Corrin was a dlc added on while Smash 4 was deep in, and nearing its end. XBC2 on the other hand, came out well before Smash Ultimate. It seems that unlike Corrin, Rex wasn't a mandate to the extent of Corrin who was downright marketing fuel.
Believe that if you want.

Just... try not to spend energy convincing others of that.
think it was [IMG]https://smashboards.com/data/avatars/s/320/320946.jpg?1520965041[/IMG] conTAgi0n who said to go at it with positive energy, and to just go for it as much as it feels good (passion or otherwise), and that's the line of thought I agree with the most. Especially because right now my motivation is shot. I'll love to see what everyone's able to accomplish, whatever comes from that kind of supportive energy :)

I think it's ok to discuss anything people want to too, it's still a forum, but we can also get better at how we do things to aim for what's good at the same time. Just be yourself, too.

I say enjoy whatever trek you decide to do as much as you can, and when you feel something brewing or are inspired to share or plan something to help the cause of shantae in smash, then go for it :)

#ShantaeforSmashDLC
Now these are good mentalities I can agree with. We look on the bright side of things. Sure, I fight to find the truth, but the truth here is that Shantae isn't out of the running for DLC in this game by a long shot until that DLC campaign is confirmed over and dead. And if Season 1 sells enough, who's to say Season 2 wouldn't come right after?

So, here's to Shantae and her endeavors!

And hey, further on the bright side, she technically does get to join the fight in World of Light, possessing Samus!

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
I think HGH did everything after Jammies Mode was released. Now we are just waiting for the next game.
Yeah that's what I meant, sorry. Because the last game was kickstarted, I just wonder if that's what they're gonna do again or maybe they have different plans. I missed supporting it last time too, I feel bad about that.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Yeah that's what I meant, sorry. Because the last game was kickstarted, I just wonder if that's what they're gonna do again or maybe they have different plans. I missed supporting it last time too, I feel bad about that.
I wonder that as well. They don't Kickstart every game they make, but most games they make usually has some third party funding them, so who knows?

Tybalt: Herbal One

Smash Cadet
Super Smash Bros? Dark?
I have no idea where you got that idea.
But seriously, some of this artwork breaks my heart.
I love the fact that talented artists are making pictures showing what the characters that weren't shown were doing moments before demise ;_;

I had the idea that incineroar attempted to pick up as many children as they could and tried to protect them.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I love the fact that talented artists are making pictures showing what the characters that weren't shown were doing moments before demise ;_;

I had the idea that incineroar attempted to pick up as many children as they could and tried to protect them.
And of course there has been a ton of Infinity War jokes and art. And there is a shocking amount focusing on Shulk and his similarity with Doctor Strange.
Also, here is more Shantae/Samus art I found.

Last edited:

grizby2

Smash Lord
since we have a long while to wait, im gonna put my energy towards a bit more productive.

im gonna try to make some Shantae-styled music!
anything to support our gal and give her a good image is a win in my book.

not like im famous or anything but i try my best!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys when I was rewatching the smash direct to focus more on spirits mode........I noticed shantae isn’t the only indie that’s a spirit
6350A70B-5A33-4807-9E06-E07EA28EA095.jpeg

Looks like he wanted to join the possessing party as well. too bad black knights an assist.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
And of course there has been a ton of Infinity War jokes and art. And there is a shocking amount focusing on Shulk and his similarity with Doctor Strange.
Also, here is more Shantae/Samus art I found.
I was so tempted to post that first one as well. But yeah I get the feeling the next big crossover title will get a lot of jokes about massive amounts of beloved characters getting killed off. I wouldn’t be surprised if people followed suit with Jump Force even if nobody gets axed in that.

since we have a long while to wait, im gonna put my energy towards a bit more productive.

im gonna try to make some Shantae-styled music!
anything to support our gal and give her a good image is a win in my book.

not like im famouse or anything but i try my best!
Same here, starting to sketch some ideas for Shantae fanart in the meantime

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
This will be my new profile pic for a while since the one for halloween is already done

Artist is IzharDraws. Also, noticeable on the art itself.

Edit: Sorry for double posting. Only time it will happen

DHaEKtzWsAAZRdY.jpg

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The singer for the Kirby opening, was the one that also sang the lifelight japan version for the Smash Bros Ultimate game
Even more evidence this is just a Kirby game in disguise.
Not that I mind, I love that little ball of terror.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Literally everyone:
Should’ve figured as much.

Yeah, so I brought this up a LONG time ago, but I thought the alt. versions of Shantae’s jammies would fit her friends pretty well

Like I think Sky would look good in these ones:
35077E66-5D7C-4165-96FD-B6CD34339912.png

And that leaves Bolo in these so think of that what you will...
76616A0C-733E-4A8D-AD48-22FA2C27B576.png

Last edited:

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice

Well Sakurai did advertise the Spirits/World of Light as a place where "imagination meets reality" and gave us the trailer to make our own conclusions.

I've seen a lot of fanart, interpretations and theories about the world of light and how it plays into the overarching story of Smash which goes to show how well Sakurai and his team developed the whole thing to promote community interaction and conversation
Even more evidence this is just a Kirby game in disguise.
Not that I mind, I love that little ball of terror.
Well as a Kirby main I can't deny my excitement to the thought of that. He is the true ultimate life form after all.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Should’ve figured as much.

Yeah, so I brought this up a LONG time ago, but I thought the alt. versions of Shantae’s jammies would fit her friends pretty well

Like I think Sky would look good in these ones:
View attachment 175562

And that leaves Bolo in these so think of that what you will...
View attachment 175563
I think I recall that. They really do match the character, though I don't know what that last one means for Bolo...

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I think I recall that. They really do match the character, though I don't know what that last one means for Bolo...
I mean as much as I hesitate to bring up RWBY again, considering who I compare Bolo to that series:
8D77FA30-4E03-4CE1-9D44-BFF56317EAEA.png

(Yes I mean the guy in the middle)
I don’t think it’d be too out of line to see Bolo like that

Well Sakurai did advertise the Spirits/World of Light as a place where "imagination meets reality" and gave us the trailer to make our own conclusions.

I've seen a lot of fanart, interpretations and theories about the world of light and how it plays into the overarching story of Smash which goes to show how well Sakurai and his team developed the whole thing to promote community interaction and conversation
Yeah, it kinda makes me wonder if that was their main intention when they were creating this mode.

Well as a Kirby main I can't deny my excitement to the thought of that. He is the true ultimate life form after all.
True that, the little dude takes on Eldridge abominations and Lovecraftian horrors on a weekly basis and eats galaxies for lunch after apparently eating cake for breakfast.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I mean as much as I hesitate to bring up RWBY again in present company, considering who I compare Bolo to that series:
View attachment 175569
(Yes I mean the guy in the middle)
I don’t think it’d be too out of line to see Bolo like that
I could not agree more.
Casual onlooker of the trailer: "So wait, does this make Kirby the strongest Nintendo character?"
Scholar of Kirby Lore: "Was that even a debatable question!?"

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
How dare you bring up that show in my presence!
Actually, it's quite funny that the show is being brought up again, considering what I heard happens in the next episode relates to something that is pretty important in the Shantae series. I won't say what it is of course, because spoilers.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Actually, it's quite funny that the show is being brought up again, considering what I heard happens in the next episode relates to something that is pretty important in the Shantae series. I won't say what it is of course, because spoilers.
Great...

Okay, so may I ask, why does that show look so butt ugly? The animation is pretty horrendous (at least in the ones which I've seen).

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Great...

Okay, so may I ask, why does that show look so butt ugly? The animation is pretty horrendous. :p
That was vol. 1, when it was getting started. As time went on, the general look of the show kept on improving. Tragically, at a point the fighting animation took a sharp kick to the ribs when the series creator and mastermind behind the fighting animation died. Luckily, it seems like the show is starting to get back into the old mojo they had with said fighting animation, though it will likely never be the exact same ever again.

Top Bottom