• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know the name of the clause Shantae could be under regarding keeping her from being playable in other fighting games.

I know there's a name for it. When an IP can't be shared for a certain period of time. What is it?

zferolie

Smash Hero
Does anyone know the name of the clause Shantae could be under regarding keeping her from being playable in other fighting games.

I know there's a name for it. When an IP can't be shared for a certain period of time. What is it?
Exclusivity clause

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
I've been away for a week or so because my computer needed to be fixed, and when I got back I found I had 40 pages of this thread to read through.

THANKS FOR THE MARATHON, GUYS.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I've been away for a week or so because my computer needed to be fixed, and when I got back I found I had 40 pages of this thread to read through.

THANKS FOR THE MARATHON, GUYS.
Those are a couple hours of your life, you're never gonna get back, bud.

Not much of relevance has happened in those past 40 pages, there's still no news from Nintendo. :(
This period of waiting feels like it's taking forever.

Last edited:

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Exclusivity clause
That's ****ing perfect!

NDA and Exclusivity Clause. As long as we casually bring this up in places, people will slowly start to get it.

I also highly recommend someone make a video on both of these theories in depth and share them. It'll make us look way smarter than making theories about some chairs, clouds, or following another fake leak.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
That's ****ing perfect!

NDA and Exclusivity Clause. As long as we casually bring this up in places, people will slowly start to get it.

I also highly recommend someone make a video on both of these theories in depth and share them. It'll make us look way smarter than making theories about some chairs, clouds, or following another fake leak.
"I must confess, you have an astonishingly good idea there doctor"

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I gotta say the youtubers with all the 4chan leaks are getting stale. Some leaks claim Shantae is playable while others say assist trophy. I think I’m concluding all leaks are dumb. I’m not wrong am I?

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I gotta say the youtubers with all the 4chan leaks are getting stale. Some leaks claim Shantae is playable while others say assist trophy. I think I’m concluding all leaks are dumb. I’m not wrong am I?
No, you're not wrong. As I said...
Yeah, you shouldn't believe any of these supposed "leaks", only trust the words that come from Nintendo themselves.
Don't worry about them. :)

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
Lol Indie Nobody. They think Shovel Knight is bigger because its newer and stars a man. Let the trolls stew in their salty tears.
Why would people think that Shovel Knight is a bigger deal because he's a man ? People just underestimate Shantae because Shovel Knight is a bit more popular in the west. And they just probably ignore that Shantae is a big deal in Japan.

Yeah these leaks are horrible, in my opinion, you should just watch PapaGenos and Billybo10K, they only talk about at least interesting leaks and not some random texts on 4chan.

If I had to make a prediction about Shantae, I would say that she's probably one of the most probably characters for DLC.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I think he's more complaining about the focus youtubers keep giving them

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
The thing with all the tin foil hat theories is that they're coincidental. But too many coincidences start to mean something more after a while.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Thats cool, and the comments there are a lot more positive

Why would people think that Shovel Knight is a bigger deal because he's a man ? People just underestimate Shantae because Shovel Knight is a bit more popular in the west. And they just probably ignore that Shantae is a big deal in Japan.

Yeah these leaks are horrible, in my opinion, you should just watch PapaGenos and Billybo10K, they only talk about at least interesting leaks and not some random texts on 4chan.

If I had to make a prediction about Shantae, I would say that she's probably one of the most probably characters for DLC.
I was saying there are assholes on the internet that just act like all female characters are just for sex sells or sjw agenda. i see to much of that **** on 4chan and its left me jadded

Klimax

Smash Ace
I was saying there are ******** on the internet that just act like all female characters are just for sex sells or sjw agenda. i see to much of that **** on 4chan and its left me jadded
Well, there's left wings trolls like SJW, so yeah, there's also right wings trolls (and 4Chan is like their headquarters). These people are all toxic, better ignore them, they can't just enjoy some good games because they're just all about politics and hate.
Anyway, a minority of trolls living in their basement claming "muh shantae is a nobody. muh sjw agenda" doesn't change even 0,001% of Shantae's chances. ;)

D

Deleted member

Lol Indie Nobody. They think Shovel Knight is bigger because its newer and stars a man. Let the trolls stew in their salty tears.

Also Conner, I think this week is still likely, given this facebook post from Nintendo of Cananda Qubeq

https://www.facebook.com/events/354889078582986/
Heh funny why do I get a dark feeling skull kid is coming?
https://m.facebook.com/ArcadeMTL/photos/a.572056122896912/1503184629784052/?type=3

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1499671980135317&id=568549236580934

*Gulp*

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I don't wanna speak to soon, but I'm just gonna stay pessimistic about it. If I'm right, then I'm right. If I'm wrong, then good: Another newcomer slot gone. Yep. Shantae's an Assist Trophy.

Well, there's left wings trolls like SJW, so yeah, there's also right wings trolls (and 4Chan is like their headquarters). These people are all toxic, better ignore them, they can't just enjoy some good games because they're just all about politics and hate.
Anyway, a minority of trolls living in their basement claming "muh shantae is a nobody. muh sjw agenda" doesn't change even 0,001% of Shantae's chances. ;)
That's where I have to disagree. All of these haters spreading the idea that she's nothing but "Waifu Trash" will get others to believe the same thing, which creates more hate for Shantae, and also less support. It's gotten to the point where the only people supporting her are a few people who mostly stuck around from the ballot.

I was recently talking on the Bandana Dee thread about the same thing, and if all of this hate goes unchecked, there will be negative effects for both in the long run. I think that if they don't get into Ultimate's base roster (even if they're an Assist Trophy), it will have negative effects, since in DLC and/or Smash 6, they'll just be the laughing stocks of the fighter candidates when it actually matters who nobody save a few support threads will support, so I think we need to take a stand. Does this sound crazy? Yes, but I think we should find a way to fight back against the haters. Granted, I'm not saying to stoop down to their level, but I'm saying that we should do something big to show them that we won't just keel over and let them bring our favorite character down to the levels of Shrek, Goku and Freddy.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yeah I know nothing they say effects her chances, still pisses me off that place.

Why in that last video does he ignore hyrule warriors? thats a fantastic game...

Another newcomer slot gone. Yep. Shantae's an Assist Trophy.
Why do you keep saying that? trying to piss people

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Can you stop with the hate for Skull Kid! What is wrong with him?

:facepalm:
Jesus will you stop with the assist part It ain’t gonna happen! also this might not mean anything at all.
Now you're hating on Jesus too! Wut?

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
welp everyone hates me now because I posted this on iFunny

https://ifunny.co/fun/RYMrzJOA6?s=cl
Well yeah. You don't deserve the hate but the concept of Shantae having all of Zelda's poses makes zero sense. It's just a silly coincidence. Sakurai wouldn't make Shantae a Zelda skin. Not even echos are like that. They don't even share the same series.

They COULD use Zelda's base for Shantae but the poses have nothing to do with that hypothesis.

I feel like I've been seeming like an asshole but I think some of these theories need to be proof read before going public because not a lot of these make sense logically.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Remember, dont make too many memes :)

Also D DOTBHDD
I agree with you, it's much better only to share the strongest stuff (evidence wise) with strangers. And by strangers I mean people unfamiliar with Shantae or those who dont like her in (yet). Else it's like giving them straw. Any hater can build strawmen from things that are reaches. It's not to say they wont anyway, but it's better to keep the reaches within the community, for those that already have a stronger footing with this.

That said, it's the internet, and not everyone is able to contain themselves. I think it's a good point to stick with the stronger stuff, for sharing, but just encourage it, not needing to bash people for being how everyone else is :)

(Also, Daisy's bumping is one of the most extreme 'reaches' there is, so I wouldn't make much of that one either :p)
-unless just sharing for fun, not in the context of 'proving' anything

Last edited:

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Remember, dont make too many memes :)

Also D DOTBHDD
I agree with you, it's much better only to share the strongest stuff (evidence wise) with strangers. And by strangers I mean people unfamiliar with Shantae or those who dont like her in (yet). Else it's like giving them straw. Any hater can build strawmen from things that are reaches. It's not to say they wont anyway, but it's better to keep the reaches within the community, for those that already have a stronger footing with this.

That said, it's the internet, and not everyone is able to contain themselves. I think it's a good point to stick with the stronger stuff, for sharing, but just encourage it, not needing to bash people for being how everyone else is :)

(Also, Daisy's bumping is one of the most extreme 'reaches' there is, so I wouldn't make much of that one either :p)
Yeah. A few of these absurd theories is why many don't like the Shantae fan base or respects the character. Which bothers me because outside of all this Smash discussion, she's an awesome character with some pretty damn good games. I'd hate for that to be tarnished because of Smash speculation.

We just need to stick to what's simple and makes sense. The Zelda poses are such a big reach because half of those poses don't even connect.

Idk. We just need to be more smart with how we share our information and what information we put out there. If we put put a lot of nonsense then our support for her will seem like nonsense.

NDA and Exclusivity Clause is the perfect example of what should be shared with people. Not poses or chair colors.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah. These absurd theories is why no one likes the Shantae fan base or respects the character. Which bothers me because outside of all this Smash discussion, she's an awesome character with some pretty damn good games. I'd hate for that to be tarnished because of Smash speculation.

We just need to stick to what's simple and makes sense. The Zelda poses are such a big reach because half of those poses don't even connect.

Idk. We just need to be more smart with how we share our information and what information we put out there. If we put put a lot of nonsense then our support for her will seem like nonsense.

NDA and Exclusivity Clause is the perfect example of what should be shared with people. Not poses or chair colors.
It's mostly the salt (and jealousy, etc) that gets to some people. I know it's hard not to see the haters, but they're just a group of people, and dont reflect the community as a whole :)
That is, you're right we can do better, but it's not that bad overall. (depending on where you focus)

I think you made a good point about the zelda poses, when I skimmed quick. It would be odd for a new character to have the same taunts or whatever. Doesn't mean it's not a fun bit, and who knows zelda could be even be a base, but to claim it as evidence is silly. :p

Also, even if technically 'exclusivity' is a good term, it's used too often to mean console exclusivity, etc, so I think 'Non-compete clause' may be more appropriate (and accurate), in most cases. :)

Off I go. Remember to have a good time :)

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Well yeah. You don't deserve the hate but the concept of Shantae having all of Zelda's poses makes zero sense. It's just a silly coincidence. Sakurai wouldn't make Shantae a Zelda skin. Not even echos are like that. They don't even share the same series.

They COULD use Zelda's base for Shantae but the poses have nothing to do with that hypothesis.

I feel like I've been seeming like an ******* but I think some of these theories need to be proof read before going public because not a lot of these make sense logically.
Nah, this all just truth. We don't want to cram non Shantae supporter's heads, with all of these far reaching theories. Firstly, they should be shown only the hard evidence, do it in a respectful manner though. And, eventually, when a person's become a little more accustomed to the character, they can start to learn about these theories, at their own pace. :)

But, unfortunately, this is the internet, and respect is a concept it sometimes find hard to grasp...

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
It's mostly the salt (and jealousy, etc) that gets to some people. I know it's hard not to see the haters, but they're just a group of people, and dont reflect the community as a whole :)
That is, you're right we can do better, but it's not that bad overall. (depending on where you focus)

I think you made a good point about the zelda poses, when I skimmed quick. It would be odd for a new character to have the same taunts or whatever. Doesn't mean it's not a fun bit, and who knows zelda could be even be a base, but to claim it as evidence is silly. :p

Also, even if technically 'exclusivity' is a good term, it's used too often to mean console exclusivity, etc, so I think 'Non-compete clause' may be more appropriate (and accurate), in most cases. :)

Off I go. Remember to have a good time :)
That is a better term. I'll think on that. Thanks for your input.

D

Deleted member

Sooo I found this comment on the alpha video and I want to see what you guys think about it.....
5060D005-57E4-4A34-9855-9DBD12F16359.jpeg

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
this rumor thing makes sense but is 0% proven so far. Unless the guy has a whole community of people inside his head.

I might consider changing my avatar as well ...

Top Bottom