• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Um...Hi, I actually work at Lab Zero (the company who made Skullgirls) and we're just working on Indivisible at the moment, there's definitely no plans for another Skullgirls character or anything like that since everyone is working on our other game...sorry....

Shantae is in indiv though, I'm very excited to work on her
Wait you for real!?

Edit: That's awesome!

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Um...Hi, I actually work at Lab Zero (the company who made Skullgirls) and we're just working on Indivisible at the moment, there's definitely no plans for another Skullgirls character or anything like that since everyone is working on our other game...sorry....

Nice one. :p

But yeah, this actually sounds more plausible, even if it's meant to be just a joke.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Sorry for the late reply(sleeping lol) So first that interview as we all know happen before the finalized roster. Heck years before lol.
Next the stages I think might be new.
1. Scuttle Town(Shantae)
2. Mele Mele Island(Pokémon Sun & Moon)
3. Minecraft World(just this not anything else)
4. Bowser's Kingdom(Super Mario Odyssey)
5. Banjo & Kazooie stage(Banjo & Kazooie)

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
I think the stages we get depend on the remaining newcomers.
For example: If we get Waddle Dee as a new character, I don't think he will get a stage.
It'd be the same case as with K. Rool. He didn't need a stage, since there are already plenty DK-themed stages in the game.

But if someone like Shantae enters the fray, whose franchise appears in Smash for the first time, you can bet that she will get a stage as well.
Of course they could always opt to include Shantae without a stage. I'd be fine with that as well, as long as she is in the game.
But her with a stage just makes more sense.

GoodShepperd

Smash Apprentice
I hate to bring an heir of pessimism. However, there is currently only one OTHER logical reason i've heard to explain why Shantae isn't a fighter in any fighting games is that she might appear in the upcoming Switch port of Skull Girls. Apparently, WF is really close to that game's developers. and Matt Bozon himself said they would be open to the idea of including Shantae in skull girls. https://youtu.be/PDQUa_96N7E?t=1h34m24s

While it doesn't make sense for Shantae to not be in ANY fighting games it does make sense that WF might not want to oversaturate her appearances and would choose ONE fighting game to include her -- If indeed she's not a fighter in Smash or merely an Assist trophy.

However, I still think Shantae as a fighter is the most likely situation. Because, if Shantae isn't in the game at all then Why doesn't WF just come out and say she isn't? and if she's merely an Assist trophy why would they tease her in Jammies mode if she was simply going to be a NPC? It's wreckless and makes no sense.
Ooh I'd actually be super down for a Switch Port of Skullgirls with Shantae in it

Edit: I'm greedy tho, now I want both

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
I’ve been waaay out of the Smash speculation loop for a while because of hectic life at the moment, but wanted to pop in and congratulate on over 300 pages! Shantae support going strong!

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord

That is so cool! From the moment I heard of Indivisible I wanted that game (but that was back in the WiiU days so I figured I'd never see it) but when I heard it was coming to Switch I got excited all over again. Then I heard our favorite half genie was coming along and I got even more jazzed.

Keep up the good work over there.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I have to post this cause its hilarious.

spoilers for bad words in it.

Shantae hate 27.png

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace

I can't wait to see this d*ckhead proven wrong !
He makes a minor point in the first sentence. But I really don't see WayForward behave like that with their fans.
Another option would be if, altough Shantae is not in the game, Nintendo asked them not to say anything just to keep the speculations going.
Because if every character not chosen were to be deconfirmed, it would only leave the included ones and thus kill the suspens...

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
I always like when people are like "Her games are mediocre" or call them Shovelware considering most games have pretty dang good critical receptions. Also saying everyone who buys her games is just horny is another silly one, like... you know Shantae has female fans, right? Also people who just really enjoy her games and her as a character 'cause she's fun. You get that, right?

Plus it's kinda weird when people call her a nobody, yet have to address her fans, 'cause if she was a nobody then she probably wouldn't have enough fans to even warrant a response for people who hate on her.

Great job, Shinuto, you found the perfect dumb blind Shantae hate post. Or to put it better:

Thanks! I hate it!

Also I forgot to say this earlier but congrats on 300 pages, Shantae thread! You're the most fun space to speculate, keep going strong!

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I always like when people are like "Her games are mediocre" or call them Shovelware considering most games have pretty dang good critical receptions. Also saying everyone who buys her games is just horny is another silly one, like... you know Shantae has female fans, right? Also people who just really enjoy her games and her as a character 'cause she's fun. You get that, right?

Plus it's kinda weird when people call her a nobody, yet have to address her fans, 'cause if she was a nobody then she probably wouldn't have enough fans to even warrant a response for people who hate on her.

Great job, Shinuto, you found the perfect dumb blind Shantae hate post. Or to put it better:

Thanks! I hate it!

Also I forgot to say this earlier but congrats on 300 pages, Shantae thread! You're the most fun space to speculate, keep going strong!
but Liv, you cant trust reviewers be they professional or otherwise. Most of them are either idiots who can barely beat any game they review and the rest are shallow people who give 9s and 10s for the most graphicest of games.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So I've been thinking about all the "evil counterparts" Nintendo has given us over the years, and how they compare to Nega-Shantae. In the interest of simplicity, they have to literally come from their originals, so no rivals with similar abilities like Wolf, or man-made creations. I've decided to sort them by affiliations and motives...

Good: Shadow Kirby
Neutral: Dark Pit
No-motive antagonist: Dark Meta Knight, Shadow Dedede, Cosmic Mario/Luigi, Dark Link
Evil: Dark Samus, Dark Bowser

Nega Shantae draws the most from Dark Bowser, both being spawned from dark energy and eventually defeated inside a person's body, and have similar motives of covering everything in the darkness they wield.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
You're the most fun space to speculate, keep going strong!
Yeah, besides the fact that I'm here to turn it into a dark mess, this thread is great!

Ha, I'm really not the best person to represent the Shantae series then.
I love the games, of course, but if you saw my computer, and my "collection" of Rottytops "stuff", oh boy, it is vast!

I love Rotty mostly because of how strong her character is, but I'm creepy, which is why I have the "stuff" in such large amounts.
I hope this doesn't turn any people away from me. :(

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Yeah, besides the fact that I'm here to turn it into a dark mess, this thread is great!

I love the games, of course, but if you saw my computer, and my "collection" of Rottytops "stuff", oh boy, it is vast!

I love Rotty mostly because of how strong her character is, but I'm creepy, which is why I have the "stuff" in such large amounts.
I'm literally 100% certain I outcreep you on my personal stash of pics for fictional characters.

zferolie

Smash Hero

You do? are you one of the guys that went to the 2012 Evo for the skullgirls Indiegogo? I'm one of the 2 people that gave enough for that reward!

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
Don't worry, you dorkface! You're fine. It's always nice to see you here.

but Liv, you cant trust reviewers be they professional or otherwise. Most of them are either idiots who can barely beat any game they review and the rest are shallow people who give 9s and 10s for the most graphicest of games.
Oh yeah, whoops. I completely forgot that reviews are just a way for people to make trash look good, and no reviewer ever has an opinion that hasn't been bought 'cause its a conspiracy. WAY FORWARD PAYS REVIEWERS THE BIG BUCKS AND IS GETTING AWAY WITH IT, WAKE UP, SHEEPLE!
(Just in case anyone somehow thinks I'm serious, I'm not. WayForward's games are fantastic and they get good reviews because they're legit good)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So I've been thinking about all the "evil counterparts" Nintendo has given us over the years, and how they compare to Nega-Shantae. In the interest of simplicity, they have to literally come from their originals, so no rivals with similar abilities like Wolf, or man-made creations. I've decided to sort them by affiliations and motives...

Good: Shadow Kirby
Neutral: Dark Pit
No-motive antagonist: Dark Meta Knight, Shadow Dedede, Cosmic Mario/Luigi, Dark Link
Evil: Dark Samus, Dark Bowser

Nega Shantae draws the most from Dark Bowser, both being spawned from dark energy and eventually defeated inside a person's body, and have similar motives of covering everything in the darkness they wield.
Dark Link's motives change from game to game. In his first appearance, he was the final trial to test Link was worthy for the final piece of the triforce which makes him good in a strange way. Definitely evil in Four Swords Adventure

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Dark Link's motives change from game to game. In his first appearance, he was the final trial to test Link was worthy for the final piece of the triforce which makes him good in a strange way. Definitely evil in Four Swords Adventure
But the problem with Dark Link, is that he's not one single character.

He's multiple different entities throughout the series, all serving different purposes in Link's adventure.

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Okay. That question doesn't make much sense, but I'll try to answer anyways:

1. Scuttle Town (Shantae)
2. The Plains (Minecraft)
3. A Xenoblade Chronicles stage, maybe based on X?
4. The Forest Maze (Super Mario RPG)
5. Lighthouse (Golden Sun)
He's talking about the chorochoro magazine that states that theres 108 stages. (Well I mean if you already know this oofy)

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
So I found out something amazing today. People like Shantae memes. A lot. Lmao.
I shared a few with my friends and even some on a few message boards and they eat 'em up.

Why don't we make more Shantae memes. Like, her facial expressions are literally perfect meme material. Lol.

Attachments

Last edited:

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
I just made like 3 people who didn't like Shantae, like Shantae because of some memes. Lmao.

Shantae's next transformation should be a damn comedian.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration

You're far from alone. I DO love Shantae and the other characters for their quirky personalities and such, but...I have also looked at such "stuff."

D

Deleted member

Soooooo....I found This when scrolling in iFunny for memes.

Please be fake please be fake please be fake!

Top Bottom