• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Just wanted to expand, with the exception of Paper Mario (subbed for Dixie Kong), the popularity in the top five characters in replies is strangely in line with the 40K ballot results we talked about earlier.
I think most people would be happy if Geno, Issac, Bandana Dee, Dixie, and Shantae were in the final roster. We already got K Rool and Ridley.

Last edited:

CloudedSun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jay-Explosion
Switch FC
SW 8009 2151 5629
I think most people would be happy if Geno, Issac, Bandana Dee, Dixie, and Shantae were in the final roster. We already got K Rool and Ridley.
I know I'd be if these were the final five in the game.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Didn't we hit 50 pages yesterday? we're already 11 pages more. At this pace we'll catch up to Bandana Dee.
The Geno thread hit 100 around the same time and there's only 3 more pages since then.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I know I'd be if these were the final five in the game.
I don't care for Issac or Dee (no offense to their fans), but I'd be very happy if Geno, Dixie, and Shantae made it in. After Ashley was deconfirmed, they're my most wanted characters.

ToilerMoiler

Smash Apprentice
Stopping by to show my support for our favorite half genie hero!
I'm not expecting anything big from the Nindies direct tomorrow, but it would be a pleasant surprise

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't care for Issac or Dee (no offense to their fans), but I'd be very happy if Geno, Dixie, and Shantae made it in. After Ashley was deconfirmed, they're my most wanted characters.
It's good to be honest I think. I partially agree with almost everything you say :p Including about not wanting just an assist of Shantae. I think it'd be great to have her in any form, but yeah I ain't settling for it when she's got good chances to be playable.

I like Bana Dee, and I used to like Isaac, but now there's other ones I want more :)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Stopping by to show my support for our favorite half genie hero!
I'm not expecting anything big from the Nindies direct tomorrow, but it would be a pleasant surprise
Welcome aboard! *Gives him pirate gear* Here's your pirate gear.

GoodShepperd

Smash Apprentice
Funny, feels like a different wave of people came in. hi. :)
We've got ideas for what could happen, but not many of us are expecting tomorow to have smash news (though WF did make an interesting tweet about Shantae being at a picnic with friends, whatever that means XD). Would defniitely be pleasant surprise that we're going to look out for though!

The skies are open. Anything can happen.

I feel like most of the stuff will happen around the end of september and october though. Just my gut.
Willing to shift gears if it's sooner though :)
You mean the one from WF's twitter?

Where is this cryptic tweet? I can't find it. It sounds interesting

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I want to see Shantae and Super Spicy Curry.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
One thing I've noticed is that Shantae hasn't appeared in any major leaks - not counting random anonymous 4Chan text leaks that should never be trusted.

To me, that's more evidence towards WayForward being under an NDA and it being very effective.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Now that would be a dream roster. And that's not even accounting for the extra echos.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
One thing I've noticed is that Shantae hasn't appeared in any major leaks - not counting random anonymous 4Chan text leaks that should never be trusted.

To me, that's more evidence towards WayForward being under an NDA and it being very effective.
What is NDA?

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
Oh, I know I would be pretty happy with that roster. Most of those guys are on my top 15 list. (Plus Inklings and Dark Samus.)

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Shulk's reveal was a JP exclusive 3DS Direct, on 08/28/14
Shantae's reveal could be at tomorrow's direct on 08/28/18, which is an American exclusive Direct

Last edited:

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
I've been staring at this tweet for far longer than is considered healthy, haha. Something about it seems really off.
Hey, wreckitryan. Do you know if sakurai tweets anything in english?

Ive been theorizing that Sakurai may not retweet the direct seeing as it would seem odd that he would retweet a USA only direct if most of the readers would be Japanese.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
With the inclusion of K. Rool, Ridley, the Inklings and Simon motherf*cking Belmont, the only heavily requested characters left to be represented in the game are Isaac, Shantae and Geno.

At this rate i'd be surprised if Shantae didn't even get a regular trophy atleast, and as for Isaac and Geno, i'm 90% certain that they'll be revealed just before the release of the game.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
With the inclusion of K. Rool, Ridley, the Inklings and Simon motherf*cking Belmont, the only heavily requested characters left to be represented in the game are Isaac, Shantae and Geno.

At this rate i'd be surprised if Shantae didn't even get a regular trophy atleast, and as for Isaac and Geno, i'm 90% certain that they'll be revealed just before the release of the game.
Uhh theres a few more than just those three...

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Also for the people that say SK getting A.T.'d kills Shantae's chances at being in the game; one has nothing to do with the other:

-SK was at one point the most popular indie character, but he's merely a one-hit wonder, whereas Shantae has had a growing fanbase since her first game on the GBC
-Smash has been open to indie characters since Wii U with the CommanderVideo trophy, and T.B.H. CommanderVideo isn't as popular or requested as Shantae

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I've always been Shovel Knight vs Shantae, and could never pick side.
Both equally deserved it. Shovel Knight for his current importance, but Shantae for her historical importance with Nintendo.

Shantae has been an interesting case, since I think she has a lot going for her, and for moveset potential.
I've never played any of the game (same case with SK), but now that Indie is a bigger part, I and Shovel is out of this round, I believe it's settled. I'm teaming up with Shantae and finally picking a side.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Also for the people that say SK getting A.T.'d kills Shantae's chances at being in the game; one has nothing to do with the other:

-SK was at one point the most popular indie character, but he's merely a one-hit wonder, whereas Shantae has had a growing fanbase since her first game on the GBC
-Smash has been open to indie characters since Wii U with the CommanderVideo trophy, and T.B.H. CommanderVideo isn't as popular or requested as Shantae
The people who make that argument also always forget Shantae's history with Nintendo. She's been around since the Gameboy Color days while SK was only one game released on every platform.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I've always been Shovel Knight vs Shantae, and could never pick side.
Both equally deserved it. Shovel Knight for his current importance, but Shantae for her historical importance with Nintendo.

Shantae has been an interesting case, since I think she has a lot going for her, and for moveset potential.
I've never played any of the game (same case with SK), but now that Indie is a bigger part, I and Shovel is out of this round, I believe it's settled. I'm teaming up with Shantae and finally picking a side.
Welcome aboard on this crazy conspiracy boat!

Last edited:
Top Bottom