• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
To be fair, I think this is a far different situation. I feel like not using Shantae's english voice would be very odd, but that aside Cristina Vee did in fact state she wasn't' in Smash as Shantae (though noting she would love it) in Smash 4, so it wouldn't be out of character for her to deconfirm herself in Smash this time.

Not saying that it means anything, just that I do think it's a different situation.
Umm also I dont think SHantae HAS any other voices.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My picks are Pirate's Curse's boss them and version of Burning Town and Half Genie Hero's Mermaid factory.

loozer2

Smash Apprentice
Guys, I found the picture of Shantae going yay. It's a piece of concept art. You can see it in this video at 3:55.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwH51he2-wg

That's one conspiracy theory down.
I guess so. That's from HGH, though, which was still just in the early stages of its kickstarter when the smash ballot was happening. I still think it was the first time they released that image to the public.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Guys, I found the picture of Shantae going yay. It's a piece of concept art. You can see it in this video at 3:55.

I mean, it was kind of obvious that it was concept art, I think. It's still pretty much the same case, where they used the image only twice, besides the gallery in the game. Maybe it lessens it a little, but to me the 'theory' was just using back the same art they used at that time of the ballot, as a subtle hint.
They didn't use it aside from those times.

It was already kind of a weak theory, it's just one of the many little and big things around them, shantae, and smash.
Nice find though.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I mean, it was kind of obvious that it was concept art, I think. It's still pretty much the same case, where they used the image only twice, besides the gallery in the game. Maybe it lessens it a little, but to me the 'theory' was just using back the same art they used at that time of the ballot, as a subtle hint.
They didn't use it aside from those times.

It was already kind of a weak theory, it's just one of the many little and big things around them, shantae, and smash.
Either that, or they're so busy right now that they can't afford to make a new artpiece specifically to thank people. Sometimes you go for the quickest route.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Either that, or they're so busy right now that they can't afford to make a new artpiece specifically to thank people. Sometimes you go for the quickest route.
Could be. It's just they didn't use any art for the other milestones they celebrated, which were quite a few. And wondering about shantae being in smash is at an all-time high right now. It's clear when you read the comments in there lol.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Well we can't say that it doesn't mean anything. Remember that they used this art for a 60K milestone rather than say 50K(which they didn't celebrate at all).

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
Since Shantae being a tomboy like Daisy was brought up earlier, I realised they'd become fast friends for that reason. Crossovers are fun
It be pretty cool if Nintendo did a fun crossover with Shantae that involved with Mario Party. Kinda like Square did with 3 on 3 Hoops and the Mario Sports Mix game.

EDIT: I dont mean just the Shantae series but all of WayForward characters.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
One thing I’ve noticed with Shantae’s VA is that she has been in quite a few Nintendo-related roles since the Ballot ended, including Pokémon Genrations, FE Heroes, Echoes, Three Houses, Sushi Striker and Warioware Gold.

The two that stand out most to me are Three Houses and Warioware.

In FETH, she’s gotten the role of Edelgard, which, from the looks of it, is a major role, comparable to that of Xander and Ryoma.
In Warioware gold, she voices 5-Volt and 13-Amp, who, interestingly enough, are the only two female characters who fit into the 9-Volt sub-plot, which is based around Nintendo Crossovers.

So one thing I’m wondering is wether or not Nintendo got Cristina to voice act for Smash, and decided to use her for other characters since they had her closeby (that and the Warioware part looks pretty fishy).

(And also, add me to the supporter list, please)

Last edited:

WreckitRyan

Smash Apprentice
You know, some people theorize that the reason Daisy is doing a hip bump in the big "EVERYONE IS HERE!" poster is because she's bumping with Shantae.
That's what I've always pictured. Like I've said before, a lot of the characters seem to be interacting with one another and Daisy is one of the only ones I see that appears to be designed to be interacting with *someone* who's just not there yet. Her eyes are too low to address Simon, so I truly think someone will be bumping hips to the left of her. Who else could logically fit in this place? Isabelle? Definitely not. Dixie Kong? Maybe... Shantae? Hmm.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That's what I've always pictured. Like I've said before, a lot of the characters seem to be interacting with one another and Daisy is one of the only ones I see that appears to be designed to be interacting with *someone* who's just not there yet. Her eyes are too low to address Simon, so I truly think someone will be bumping hips to the left of her. Who else could logically fit in this place? Isabelle? Definitely not. Dixie Kong? Maybe... Shantae? Hmm.
If that is the case, wouldn't that give us a good idea the size they could be going for for Shantae? Unless Shantae was literally jumping into Daisy, wouldn't that mean she is about Daisy's size?

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration

It's also in the inner cover of HGH's Ultimate Edition among all the other Shantae doodles. Speaking of those, I hope some of those are taunt worthy cause they're cute as a button!

Also, WreckItRyan, that avatar of a Smashified Shantae is great! No offense to ArtsyOmni, but I think that one is better.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
One thing I’ve noticed with Shantae’s VA is that she has been in quite a few Nintendo-related roles since the Ballot ended, including Pokémon Genrations, FE Heroes, Echoes, Three Houses, Sushi Striker and Warioware Gold.

The two that stand out most to me are Three Houses and Warioware.

In FETH, she’s gotten the role of Edelgard, which, from the looks of it, is a major role, comparable to that of Xander and Ryoma.
In Warioware gold, she voices 5-Volt and 13-Amp, who, interestingly enough, are the only two female characters who fit into the 9-Volt sub-plot, which is based around Nintendo Crossovers.

So one thing I’m wondering is wether or not Nintendo got Cristina voice act for Smash, and decided to use her for other characters since they had her closeby (that and the Warioware part looks pretty fishy).

(And also, add me to the supporter list, please)
If that is the case, wouldn't that give us a good idea the size they could be going for for Shantae? Unless Shantae was literally jumping into Daisy, wouldn't that mean she is about Daisy's size?
You all are awesome. These are very good points to bring up for a speculation standpoint.
daisyshantae.png
I've never thought about this before but it's a viable talking point. They have in fact moved some characters out of the way before so it makes sense.
changingtheimage.png

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I keep thinking of a plot involving Dark Samus witnessing Risky's machinations in Half-Genie Hero, and then putting her own spin on it or developing an interest in this "dark magic" thing for it's ability to corrupt.

For songs in Smash, I'd like:

Streamworks (Saliva Island)
Neo Burning Town (Half-Genie Hero)
Tassel Tower Remains (would be a great Break The Targets theme!)
Tassel Sky Bridge
Oubliette Of Suffering

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I still want to hear the boss theme from Half-Genie Hero in Ultimate if she's in. There's something so catchy about that one.

loozer2

Smash Apprentice
On the topic of the daisy hip bump, the positions of the characters in that art changes every time they reveal new characters. If you compare the positions from before and after reveals they change so we don't know what position she's going to end up at. It's still interesting, though.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Why does GameFAQs hate Shantae so much?
“So you can stop listening to them bringing up all the same points”

Because “Shantae fans are just horny” and “Bandana Dee’s nothing more than a Hat Goomba” (yeah I’m a fan of him too) are such original counterarguments. (Sarcasm)

Last edited:

loozer2

Smash Apprentice
Why does GameFAQs hate Shantae so much?
Just by how people on gamefaqs talk, I feel like their userbase is a lot younger than other sites. In their minds, since Shovel Knight isn't a playable character and more relevant(popular) than Shantae, she is automatically disqualified from showing up for smash. They attack pretty much every fanbase that isn't their own most wanted character, though. Never seen another community that spends more time in the threads of other characters being toxic rather than discussing their own characters except for maybe console fanboys. To them it's basically Nintendo vs Sony vs Microsoft and one character(console) with a chance is a threat to their own.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Just by how people on gamefaqs talk, I feel like their userbase is a lot younger than other sites. In their minds, since Shovel Knight isn't a playable character and more relevant(popular) than Shantae, she is automatically disqualified from showing up for smash. They attack pretty much every fanbase that isn't their own most wanted character, though. Never seen another community that spends more time in the threads of other characters being toxic rather than discussing their own characters except for maybe console fanboys. To them it's basically Nintendo vs Sony vs Microsoft and one character(console) with a chance is a threat to their own.
Heck, the consol wars are more peaceful. At this point Nintendo and Microsoft are on good terms, and from what I can see, the fanbases have generally follow suit. Of course that is all under the banner of "F*** Sony," but it's still progress.

Last edited:

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
On the topic of the daisy hip bump, the positions of the characters in that art changes every time they reveal new characters. If you compare the positions from before and after reveals they change so we don't know what position she's going to end up at. It's still interesting, though.
to be fair some spots where characters already are, definitely are gonna be replaced by another character. the mii gunner is seperated by the other miis (which some of us on the geno thread think that's where he's gonna be)

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
It's also in the inner cover of HGH's Ultimate Edition among all the other Shantae doodles. Speaking of those, I hope some of those are taunt worthy cause they're cute as a button!

Also, WreckItRyan, that avatar of a Smashified Shantae is great! No offense to ArtsyOmni, but I think that one is better.
ehh the eyes on that render are too far apart and the legs are abit different in their proportions to one another by the looks of it.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
That makes sense, but I feel it’s more about people hating anyone who isn’t Geno, Skull Kid, Shadow or Isaac. No offense to their fans, but I feel that those four are the only ones who aren’t overhated, just because they’ve achieved somewhat of a bandwagon status, leaving most of the other highly requested characters to be hated. I might be biased though, considering Shantae and Bandana Dee are the only two characters I really want for the base game.

Last edited:

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
Man that poll up there is the saltiest looking poll I ever did see. Well people can have their opinions I guess, but wanting a character deconfirmed because "I'm sick of people supporting them" is silly to me.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I hope all of those people get a paper cut during their daily activities once Shantae is added to the game. Negativity like that is a terrible way to live your life.

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576
I'll also be late to the party and do my three most wanted tracks.

1. Zombie Caravan from GBC (I would LOVE a remix/arrangement of this)
2. Desert Sandstorm from Half-Genie Hero
3. Boss Theme from Pirate's Curse

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
This subject was kinda touched upon before, but what characters in Smash Bros would you love to see Shantae interact with? I know that her actually having a full blown conversation with anyone is unlikely outside of Snake and the Uprising cast, but it is still a fun question. Who knows, maybe we will have a cutscene filled story mode like Brawl where we could see some crossover dreams come true.

Top Bottom