• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Until more official news pops in (which is the next Nintendo Direct in November), we are going to be continously be hit with "leaks" . So hang tight, we are almost at the end of October (and the haunting of Halloween).

Morning Raven

Smash Apprentice
Also, looks like that "leak" about Shantae that was posted in here a few pages back didn't see the light of day after all. Seemed very ominous either way.
What page was this "leak" on? I glanced through it but can't remember how far back it was. And I'm ignoring about 5 things I've been wanting to mention in here because I just can't find that comment. I'm being blind.

Last edited:

Biometal

Smash Journeyman
What page was this "leak" on? I glanced through it but can't remember how far back it was. And I'm ignoring about 5 things I've been wanting to mention in here because I just can't find that comment. I'm being blind.
Here.
Blank text leak. No source. Completely anonymous.

D

Deleted member

Oof. OOF. That's just...ow, Cristina.
It’s ok it’s not bad

Talking about smash dosent confirm or disconfirm a character

edit: oh wait your talking about the first tweet nvm

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's entirely possible that negotiations have been set aside for now. Besides, DLC for this game may go on for at least two more years. Anything can happen in the meantime.

Reminder that absolutely no one can explicitly confirm that they are involved in certain games until official reveals, or it'll be a breach of NDA contract.

They can joke about the game, but they can't say if they're directly involved, is all.

But seriously guys, I don't want you to be worry-warts, the Geno thread has suffered because of that kind of thinking.

On a side note, even characters from other series can have silly concerns from people stemming from differing cultural views: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...rprised_that_fans_find_lead_character_so_sexy

it was 4chan.
More specifically /v/, the section with the lowest likelihood or autority on talking about games.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If Sabi or none of the other leakers with big names don't all agree on one character, I ain't buying it. I don't even know what the hell is even going on anymore, what's reality or fantasy, so at this stage I'm just waiting for a Terry release once November starts, for the moment.

In other news, it looks like Shantae's not the only one who can't get to enjoy a vacation.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ing_persona_5_scramble_in_japan_next_february

Dukefire

Smash Master
As more "leaks" appears, the more I say this to them regarding of it looking legit:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Welp, Shantae's going to go onto EA's storefront.
Tweet Source
I would post something that would have a character go "oh ****!", since the big "no" is a bit cliched to me, but beggers can't be choosers.
WayForward's open to trying out unusual things like that. I mean, let's not forget about Cat Girl Without Salad only being sold on the Humble Bundle.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
WayForward's open to trying out unusual things like that. I mean, let's not forget about Cat Girl Without Salad only being sold on the Humble Bundle.
I still don't trust EA. I can appreciate WayForward going out of their way to make sure everyone knows Shantae, but I just don't have a single bone that can trust EA to not screw them over or try to make a move on them

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I still don't trust EA. I can appreciate WayForward going out of their way to make sure everyone knows Shantae, but I just don't have a single bone that can trust EA to not screw them over or try to make a move on them
EA would barely even notice them, they're too busy churning out sports games and figuring out ways to sway angry Star Wars fans.

At worst, they'd only commission them to do a licensed game with far too short of a deadline. It's not like they're going to buy out WF, or anything.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Lets not try to get worried over little things too much. Sure EA isn't what it was years ago, but don't jump to conclusions too early just by assumptions.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Lets not try to get worried over little things too much. Sure EA isn't what it was years ago, but don't jump to conclusions too early just by assumptions.
I would not trust EA even if it was the last video game company in the world. That is how bad they tend to do stuff.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Honestly, I stopped trusting EA after C&C Tiberium Twilight.

For tonight, here is a shantae artwork.
Artist: JaysonBlade
shantae_street_fighter_ibuki_edition_by_jaysonblade_ddizlfc-pre.jpg

Also, while Halloween is a week early, here is one.
dd70nkc-2df9609f-00bd-4414-8ed7-9a4b3df08fb6.png

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Honestly, I stopped trusting EA after C&C Tiberium Twilight.

For tonight, here is a shantae artwork.
Artist: JaysonBlade

Also, while Halloween is a week early, here is one.
Seeing Shantae dressed up as my favorite character from Street Fighter makes me very happy.

I didn't need to see that other image, though.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
It'd be some Nega Shantae-level posting.

Speaking of, if our genie girl makes it, I don't see a Nega Shantae alt happening due to their emotions being vastly different, but the recolor skin is assuredly Alt Color #8.
I'd personally love an alt with a permanent this face

Nega Shantae fired up.jpg

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Here's a very stupid question. I ask only to relieve myself of some boredom.

Someone hands you a button, if you push it, it will guarantee Shantae being put into Smash Ultimate and as a permanent member of the roster for all future games, remakes/rereleases etc in the series. She will be the fifth fighter in the Fighter Pass.

Upon pushing the button however your consciousness will be transported to an infinite and completely empty void with no true flow of time. There you can walk forever and find no end, you will feel no pain, nor be able to die. You cannot sleep or fall into an unconscious state. You will exist in this location by yourself for 500 million years with nothing but yourself. After its over your consciousness is brought back to your real body and you forget everything that happened in those 500 million years. It will be as if nothing happened after you pressed the button.

Would you do it?

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Here's a very stupid question. I ask only to relieve myself of some boredom.

Someone hands you a button, if you push it, it will guarantee Shantae being put into Smash Ultimate and as a permanent member of the roster for all future games, remakes/rereleases etc in the series. She will be the fifth fighter in the Fighter Pass.

Upon pushing the button however your consciousness will be transported to an infinite and completely empty void with no true flow of time. There you can walk forever and find no end, you will feel no pain, nor be able to die. You cannot sleep or fall into an unconscious state. You will exist in this location by yourself for 500 million years with nothing but yourself. After its over your consciousness is brought back to your real body and you forget everything that happened in those 500 million years. It will be as if nothing happened after you pressed the button.

Would you do it?
This kind of reminds me of a chapter from horror manga author Junji Ito, called "The Long Dream" in which a patient in a mental ward says that he's having dreams that keep getting progressively longer. For example, one night he was in his dream for a week, the next, a year, then the next, 10 years--but still all over the course over his 8-hour sleep or however long. There's more to the story, but it explores some interesting and creepy stuff.

As for your question, no, I wouldn't press it lol. I love Shantae, but not enough to literally go insane in my consciousness.

Top Bottom