• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
What do you guys think? Do you think this would be her fighter spirit?
There was a problem fetching the tweet
It’s a big sacrifice but it’s worth it.
I still think they should base her design as a fighter on her HGH design and use the Pirate’s Curse artwork to replace the art on her current spirit. The spirit battle seems to fit PC better anyway.

On a side note, something to think about: what character do you think that if they got into smash as a fighter, would be almost gurented to also get an echo fighter. For example, if NiGHTS was announced as a fighter, i think reala would also be announced as it's echo
Off the top of my head, i can only think of Isaac from Golden Sun having a Felix echo.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Is it possible Nintendo considers Shantae more than a ''Nindie''? As far as I remember, Half-Genie Hero Ultimate Edition was revealed as part of a general direct instead...

Also, an ''original'' design for Smash whose render doubles as a fighter spirit is always possible.

Grimacebsx

Smash Apprentice
If Shantae becomes dlc I think they'll use her design for half genie hero regardless of her spirit having it. (Her needing two different styles is more of an assumption) Also I think Nintendo could use her design from her new virtual console artwork it's kind of a nice middle ground.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
If Shantae becomes dlc I think they'll use her design for half genie hero regardless of her spirit having it. (Her needing two different styles is more of an assumption) Also I think Nintendo could use her design from her new virtual console artwork it's kind of a nice middle ground.
what artwork?

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
It's possible they could, and just use her render as her fighter spirit. Alot of fighters do that surprisingly, not just cloud.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
That reminds me, right now Shantae is having her turn highlighting the plaformer section of the Wii U eshop.

D

Deleted member

Hey again guys. I've recently been trying to collect all the spirits, which at this point means "Enhanceable Spirits," since I already bankrupted myself fifty times over getting the "Summonable Spirits." And doing so, it occured to me that it would be a great idea if Shantae was enhanceable. I really wish that at level 99, she turned into Nega-Shantae! And if not that, she could be an animal, or a tinkerbat, or...
you know...
download.jpeg
lel.
And I wish they jumped on that opportunity.

Also, can we as a forum agree that Enhanceable and Summonable spirits were a bad idea? And that enhanceable summonable spirits are the spawn of satan?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, not even a formal stream for the indie games.

I didn't expect much and I was still disappointed.

When they did the virtual console release of shantae gbc they made new artwork of the old shantae box art. It was in the trailer for it too.
They redid the Xtreme Sports box art as well, so I'm not sure if this really affects anything.

That reminds me, right now Shantae is having her turn highlighting the plaformer section of the Wii U eshop.
This, however, is more telling.

D

Deleted member

I feel as though at this point, "Indie Highlights" should just become a codeword for 'disappointment,' or 'killjoy,' o̶r̶ ̶"̶S̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶U̶n̶d̶e̶r̶t̶a̶l̶e̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶D̶L̶C̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶S̶h̶a̶n̶t̶a̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶h̶o̶u̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶p̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶1̶5̶-̶2̶0̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶n̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶s̶e̶r̶i̶e̶s̶"̶...

Or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It's possible they could, and just use her render as her fighter spirit. Alot of fighters do that surprisingly, not just cloud.
As far as I can tell only :ultcloud: and :ultpokemontrainer::ultpokemontrainerf: do that, it seems like more of an exception, I doubt they’d have trouble getting any more art from her series.

And doing so, it occured to me that it would be a great idea if Shantae was enhanceable. I really wish that at level 99, she turned into Nega-Shantae! And if not that, she could be an animal, or a tinkerbat, or...
you know... View attachment 187954 lel.
And I wish they jumped on that opportunity.
Nah, she’s perfect the way she is.

D

Deleted member

As far as I can tell only :ultcloud: and :ultpokemontrainer::ultpokemontrainerf: do that, it seems like more of an exception, I doubt they’d have trouble getting any more art from her series.
There were reasons most likely for why characters don't have original models.
For Cloud, SE is overly stingy about what IPs can and can't be used in the game, so he got stuck with his Ultimate.
And for Pokémon Trainer, they're more of an original character (like G&W,) because they aren't entirely based on either the games or the anime. If they were using the games, technically it would be Red & Leaf, and they couldn't use the anime anyways.
There are probably others too.
Nah, she’s perfect the way she is.
Well, yeah... but I still thought it could be cool. And besides, you could just choose to not enhance her once she's Level 99.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
There were reasons most likely for why characters don't have original models.
For Cloud, SE is overly stingy about what IPs can and can't be used in the game, so he got stuck with his Ultimate.
And for Pokémon Trainer, they're more of an original character (like G&W,) because they aren't entirely based on either the games or the anime. If they were using the games, technically it would be Red & Leaf, and they couldn't use the anime anyways.
There are probably others too.
The Pokémon Trainers designs are based off Fire Red and Leaf Green:

It seems like moreso that they just couldn’t use the official art assets from the actual games, that seems to be the case with the rest of the Pokémon spirits outside of Detective Pikachu and the Let’s Go ones as the art style is different compared to the ones here

Well, yeah... but I still thought it could be cool. And besides, you could just choose to not enhance her once she's Level 99.
I mean I guess, I’m just not really sold on the enhancement idea for her, moreso into something like Nega-Shantae, though I could reasonably see the Harpy or maybe the PC version as base and the HGH form being the enhancement.

Dukefire

Smash Master
While the Indie Highlight of course not a actual direct, its better then having nothing at all for the month. If we are expecting a direct, maybe in February or March for major news.

Also, here is a shantae art.

Artist: gpwlghr123

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

It seems like moreso that they just couldn’t use the official art assets from the actual games, that seems to be the case with the rest of the Pokémon spirits outside of Detective Pikachu and the Let’s Go ones as the art style is different compared to the ones here

I mean I guess, I’m just not really sold on the enhancement idea for her, moreso into something like Nega-Shantae, though I could reasonably see the Harpy or maybe the PC version as base and the HGH form being the enhancement.
The thing with enhanced forms is that they are either the same character at a more advanced point in time, or an honest-to-goodness powered-up mode. Nega-Shantae is not only a separate character, but likely not even technically stronger than regular Shantae. If any character from the series gets one, it'll likely be human Rotty to zombie Rotty.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well doesn't look like much came from the indie highligh (which i guess was expected)
I'm sure we'll get a nintendo direct in not too lont tho :)
(hopefully end of this month or start of feb)

Wait, there's a detective pikachu spirit? :O

D

Deleted member

While the Indie Highlight of course not a actual direct, its better then having nothing at all for the month. If we are expecting a direct, maybe in February or March for major news.

This is why pirate Shantae should be a fighter because she’s fierce and lovely

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I mean this is based off the Detective Pikachu game.
I know, but pokemon appearances in the movie are funnier :)
the one in the game looks like a regular pikachu.

Imagine a pokemon game based on the models from the movie :p

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well, it's good to see this thread still going strong despite the large news drought and general uncertainty on Shantae's future. I remain hopeful, but all we can do is wait and see at this point, really.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As expected, nothing huge happened, but seeing Hive Jump, Cross Code, Momodora: Rèverie Under the Moonlight and Goat Simulator go to the Switch is nice.

In any case, I can hardly wait for early Feb now. :smash:

This is so great. :love:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I know, but pokemon appearances in the movie are funnier :)
the one in the game looks like a regular pikachu.

Imagine a pokemon game based on the models from the movie :p

I would be so down for that. Tho were such a thing to happen it would probably have a limited number of pokemon because it would take forever to redesign all 809 pokemon. With those numbers a lot of people would have their favorite pokemon left out. It would be Pokken all over again.

D

Deleted member

Look, guys. I get that my logic was COMPLETELY flawed. I'm mostly just thirsty for more Shantae content in Smash, and enhanced spirits are ****ing me.

Although to turn this into a question, if any characters in the Shantae universe were to be enhanced and unenhanced versions of one another, who do you think it would be?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Look, guys. I get that my logic was COMPLETELY flawed. I'm mostly just thirsty for more Shantae content in Smash, and enhanced spirits are ****ing me.

Although to turn this into a question, if any characters in the Shantae universe were to be enhanced and unenhanced versions of one another, who do you think it would be?
I certainly consider the jump in outfits for Sky and Bolo from GBC/RR to PC/HGH an enhancement.

Legitimately though, I could see his regular Ammo Baron to MCU Ammo Baron from HGH.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978

TinkerTub into the P.O.O.P.T.O.O.T

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Already mentioned human Rotty to zombie Rotty, but I guess Brandon to Bran-son could also work.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord

I could see a mermaid to Giga Mermaid as an option. Or Sky with Wrench enhancing to Sky with Mega Wrench. Tinkerbat to Kacklebat...

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
Typing this up before I head off to bed, so it might sound a bit weird I suppose.

Spent some time drawing Shantae tonight. Thought it looked ok, though not what I wanted to look like anyways. Tried an action pose with a scimitar that just wasn't working out so I scraped it. Mind started wandering so I just messed around with a few "Biohazard" ideas for a tabletop roleplaying idea I had. I have some weird crazy ideas thought up so maybe I'll mess around with that kinda stuff the coming days. I like to do dark shading on stuff so teeth seem to stick out more anyways.

Figure I'd let people know that I'm gonna be trying to draw stuff everyday.

grizby2

Smash Lord
cheers to a new year guys ( im a little late) heres hoping I get a six pack this year so I can belly dance like shantae~

also PP is getting released soon! cant wait to see a ton of those online XD

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Well, it's good to see this thread still going strong despite the large news drought and general uncertainty on Shantae's future. I remain hopeful, but all we can do is wait and see at this point, really.
I'd say the uncertainty actually helped breed certain topics that wouldn't have come up otherwise. Like that RPG discussion.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The geno thread is only a few pages behind now. To be expected I guess. Might change after a square enix character's revealed.

Well anyway, Shantae still always gonna be awesome :)

Side note, the inkling boy emoji kinda looks a bit like shantae doesnt it?
:ultinklingboy:

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Nintendo's reminder of getting Piranha Plant for free since this is the last week.
Its in Japanese though, but I know they will put a English on later.

Also, it might be hard for future Smash Installments to top Ultimate off since this game has blown so much on the records as a crossover game series.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Nintendo's reminder of getting Piranha Plant for free since this is the last week.
Its in Japanese though, but I know they will put a English on later.

Also, it might be hard for future Smash Installments to top Ultimate off since this game has blown so much on the records as a crossover game series.
Aw I was hoping for some gameplay in it. Ah well. shouldn't be too too long now.. :O

RockOfMind

Smash Apprentice
Glad I checked my Email a few days ago cause I wasn't aware they sent the code out in December. I also told my friend about it as well cause he didn't know either. I guess we'll see if I like the Plant enough to play as him often. Though I do like picking random a lot when playing with friends.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Glad I checked my Email a few days ago cause I wasn't aware they sent the code out in December. I also told my friend about it as well cause he didn't know either. I guess we'll see if I like the Plant enough to play as him often. Though I do like picking random a lot when playing with friends.
Does the code need to be used now? or we just need the code before it's out.

Top Bottom