• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member

I expect literally nothing Smash related this time around. My main hope is that it's not just a rerelease of the previous direct 8 days ago.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
On the off chance Shantae is revealed at the Nindies, I wanted to say I support her now. I've done a complete 180 on her chances. I never realized how popular and likely she was, and with all this evidence popping up, I can't help but get hyped. I love the Shantae games, and while I don't absolutely need Shantae in this game, it would be a nice surprise. Good luck!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yikes, 5 pages since last night?

Things are getting crazy-go-nuts.

One thing, if Shantae is in as a PC then the music tomorrow will be from her series, but I'm keeping my hype in check.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Why did I think sleeping early was a good idea? I'm gonna go bonkers waiting for this thing lol

zferolie

Smash Hero
So have any other indie devolpers retweeted or said anything about the ballot? If not then we shouldn't take Wayforwards silence that they have nothing to show. Its possible no one is supposed to say anything about the game

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I am certainly excited to see some indies, though I will hope that Shantae makes some appearance, Smash or not.

Drakonix

Smash Cadet
I see the poll and want to answer. "I honestly have no idea." ... But you know Shantae is an interesting character. I'll give you fans some extra support. Shantae 4 Smash Ultimate! :)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Remember to keep your expectations in check.

This is an Nindie Direct, the chance of Smash popping up in any form is highly unlikely.

loozer2

Smash Apprentice
So have any other indie devolpers retweeted or said anything about the ballot? If not then we shouldn't take Wayforwards silence that they have nothing to show. Its possible no one is supposed to say anything about the game
Yacht Club Games(Shovel Knight) were liking tweets related to smash and responding to tweets asking about whether he is in the game with stuff like, "It'd be a dream come true!" leading up to the smash direct. Dante potentially being in smash was completely shut down while Phil Spencer has said he'd love to have Banjo in smash but those are the only examples I can think of.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Finally got through all the update posts lol. Man that one tweet from WayForward going off topic just light another fuel tank that is the Shantae hype train for me. I am here in the National Guard of Puerto Rico using my Brigade's WiFi from the Chapel building in order to text to you all. Let's hope that this Nindies Direct end with the bang we all hope for.

#ShantaeForSmash
#ShantaeForUltimate
#ShantaeFor5mash
#HalfGenieHero

This is going to be an interesting day no matter what.

EDIT: On another note: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GW3YK17 Soon we can preorder this bad boy.

Last edited:

CloudedSun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jay-Explosion
Switch FC
SW 8009 2151 5629
The hype train has resumed course this morning.

CloudedSun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jay-Explosion
Switch FC
SW 8009 2151 5629
I wanna see new HGH content or a new Shantae game.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm not really looking forward to anything. Cave Story and Shovel Knight is already in, and Undertale is coming.

Doesn't mean I won't be watching it though.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
So nothing new from Sakurai, Matt, or WayForward this morning. Could be that they want it to be a complete surprise and Sakurai is impossible to predict. It still sounds like WF is under an NDA.

I'm not expecting any Smash news today, but at the same time you can't help but realize how out of character WayForward has been this time and all the coincidences that are adding up.

loozer2

Smash Apprentice
It's a good thing Nintendo doesn't have live chat on their website. I bet 80% of viewers will be smash fans and I can imagine the reaction when nothing smash related gets announced during the direct even though that's the most likely outcome by far.

CloudedSun

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jay-Explosion
Switch FC
SW 8009 2151 5629
Isn't the Nindies direct gonna be streamed on YouTube too like the last one?

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
To be fair, it's not like they told us K Rool was in before doing the last Direct. Dance through the danger, not your patience!

Last edited:

CrowGoesCaw

Smash Journeyman
Logically I'm not expecting Shantae in this direct, but my heart dares to hope anyway.

But regardless, I'm interested in the direct itself. I'm hoping for some Wargroove and Monster Boy stuff.

Last edited:

NukeA6

Smash Master
There probably won't be any Shantae reveal but I hope WayForward shows something. I tend to like their games very much. Even Wendy the Witch was good and is like a prototype Shantae.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Shantae made me a fan of WayForward, so I'm interested to see if they have anything coming up even if it's nothing to do with her.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Finally got through all the update posts lol. Man that one tweet from WayForward going off topic just light another fuel tank that is the Shantae hype train for me. I am here in the National Guard of Puerto Rico using my Brigade's WiFi from the Chapel building in order to text to you all. Let's hope that this Nindies Direct end with the bang we all hope for.

#ShantaeForSmash
#ShantaeForUltimate
#ShantaeFor5mash
#HalfGenieHero

This is going to be an interesting day no matter what.

EDIT: On another note: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GW3YK17 Soon we can preorder this bad boy.
mfw i live in Mexico and there aren't any preorders yet
So, besides the obvious, what is everyone hoping for?
Skullgirls and Warframe release dates

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Hopefully if Nintendo does announce Skullgirls, the dreaded coming soon will be replaced with an actual release date.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Hopefully if Nintendo does announce Skullgirls, the dreaded coming soon will be replaced with an actual release date.
You know, although it will likely not happen this game, what if a Skullgirls character appeared in Smash, be it a fighter or assist? I am not super familiar with the series, but it's been around for a good while.

VizardJeffhog

Smash Cadet
NNID
VizardJeffhog
Personally I'm looking forward to seeing games like Marble It Up, Dust: An Elysian Tail, and Undertale being shown off since they're all out next month. Never thought I'd see Dust hit another console in particular, so I'm pretty hyped for it!

Veodok

コードー002
Switch FC
SW-0381-1083-3350
Personally I'm looking forward to seeing games like Marble It Up, Dust: An Elysian Tail, and Undertale being shown off since they're all out next month. Never thought I'd see Dust hit another console in particular, so I'm pretty hyped for it!
But aren't all those already announced? This direct says it's about unannounced indie games.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Was dust announced or no? loved that game

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
Can anybody say what the Europe nindie vid showed off? That way we can tell if this thing is just a rehash of that old news without waiting for the end.

Top Bottom