• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Cool. Right now I know I am getting the switch version of Freedom planet. I have a birthday coupon that expires at the end of the month, and the game drops at the end of the month, so hopefully I can use it.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
I already preloaded Freedom Planet and just waiting till the 30th to be able to play it.

One hour to go folks.

WreckitRyan

Smash Apprentice
Plot twist: if we can keep this thread on page 68 by the time the Nindies Showcase starts, she'll be announced. Oh wait shoot, I'm not helping. Haha just kidding, good morning everyone, looking forward to seeing some cool new indie games and some release dates locked down.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Is it that dreaded? I just got a chuckle from it.
Nah, I do find it amusing like many things spawned off of 4chan. I'm just seeing it everywhere Shantae-related since last night.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
We hit 80 peeps in this thread.

That’s the most support I’ve seen for any character I support (barring K. Rool).

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
I will try to keep the replies to a minimum so that we hope our lucky number is #68.

This is going to be a real nerve wreck in this last hour.

EDIT: Where again is the livestream for the event?

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm keeping expectations low, but Shantae would be a nice surprise.

Remember, if she's not shown today, it doesn't diminish her chances. It's only over when she's deconfirmed.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'm keeping expectations low, but Shantae would be a nice surprise.

Remember, if she's not shown today, it doesn't diminish her chances. It's only over when she's deconfirmed.
exactly. I would love it if she appears today but if not its not the end

Louisacommie

Smash Apprentice
It probably be the ending one more thing thing anyway

I'm going to be on my commute to work so that sucks

loozer2

Smash Apprentice
It's also live on Twitch. Basically, use youtube if you don't want to see chat reaction and use Twitch if you want to embrace the cancer.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Who's ready for some cute nindie games. Hope we get to see some nice 2d sprites :)

zferolie

Smash Hero
It's also live on Twitch. Basically, use youtube if you don't want to see chat reaction and use Twitch if you want to embrace the cancer.
Youtube comments is cancer too. So much random names and other people shouting nindies only. normal junk

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Alright guys: while it would be amazing to see Shantae today, we must keep our expectations low and within reason. If she's not announced today, that just confirms she's still in the running for later.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if any more indies will make amiibos. Even without Smash involved.

loozer2

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure 90% of people do not seriously expect Shantae to be revealed but there's always a bit of childlike hope with these things.

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107
Did somebody here already mentioned that Shantae's game creator (Matt Bozon) recently followed Sakurai's twitter?
Part of me does not expect any Smash news tomorrow but another part of me hopes that we get at least 1 playable Nindie character
Also Im a little TOO late, add me to the support list

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
You can hide chat on Twitch, which is what I'm doing. Makes watching Nintendo streams better *thumbs up*

Top Bottom