• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I think he meant a Gameboy Classic, comprised of games from the whole Gameboy lineup of consoles. :)
While I could see them merging the first two Gameboys since they're pretty much the same apart from graphics, including the Advance ones seems a bit excessive, would provide a somewhat jarring contrast in quality and they have shoulder button functionality that the others lack.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It would have to be a Gameboy Color Classic because Shantae was exclusive to that (one dungeon used a color mechanic like the bonus one in Link's Awakening DX).

If the Shantae spirit really does work best with Peach/Daisy, we really will be able to dance through the danger.

Actually it's kind of crazy how much she has in common with the ladies of Smash. Shantae has Palutena's winsome long hair (and is semi-divine to boot), Zelda's magic, Peach and Daisy's happy-go-lucky nature in peaceful times (and occasional propensity to use their booty) and Samus's adventuring skills.
Don't forget about Bayonetta's killer bod, too.

While I could see them merging the first two Gameboys since they're pretty much the same apart from graphics, including the Advance ones seems a bit excessive, would provide a somewhat jarring contrast in quality and they have shoulder button functionality that the others lack.
Nah, all they'd need to do is shrink the original grey brick, that'll be enough for it to be Pocket-sized.

zferolie

Smash Hero
It would be pretty cool to announce a Shantae 1 HD remake as a switch exclusive, along side shantae for smash

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
It would be pretty cool to announce a Shantae 1 HD remake as a switch exclusive, along side shantae for smash
I just hope Wayforward does make a new Shantae game in the future given the success of half genie hero. I would love the 1st game to be remade into hd given I have played through it on a fan made cartridge and was impressed with how good it felt to play.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I just hope Wayforward does make a new Shantae game in the future given the success of half genie hero. I would love the 1st game to be remade into hd given I have played through it on a fan made cartridge and was impressed with how good it felt to play.
In the meantime, they're working on Bloodstained, which hopefully can actually get finished next year.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I love the Richter one lol. :p
Same, and it sounds like Yuri Lowenthal is back playing Alucard, no surprise since he voices Marth as well.

I’m hoping if they manage to get the voice actors for the Kid Icarus characters for DLC fighters Guidances, that for Shantae’s she directly interacts with them.

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
Same, and it sounds like Yuri Lowenthal is back playing Alucard, no surprise since he voices Marth as well.

I’m hoping if they manage to get the voice actors for the Kid Icarus characters for DLC fighters Guidances, that for Shantae’s she directly interacts with them.
I like how they talked various smash techs, how the ice climbers were "banned", and bayonettas outfit. And i think they will get the voice actors back to do dlc characters. If i remember correctly, in smash 4 data miners found the "no data on this character" line at launch, and i dont think anyones found that yet in ultimate.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

I like how they talked various smash techs, how the ice climbers were "banned", and bayonettas outfit. And i think they will get the voice actors back to do dlc characters. If i remember correctly, in smash 4 data miners found the "no data on this character" line at launch, and i dont think anyones found that yet in ultimate.

I just hope they add Snake codecs when the DLC arrives. Surely it doesn't cost a bundle just to cover every character Hayter didn't get to do...

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I just hope they add Snake codecs when the DLC arrives. Surely it doesn't cost a bundle just to cover every character Hayter didn't get to do...
I think the problem might be getting the voice actors from the other Metal Gear characters in the codecs (Colonel, Otacon, Mei Ling) back at least in the English version. The original actors are union and only Brawl was able to get union voice actors so unless they can go uncredited like Antony does with Pit, they’d have to be recast for this game.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I think the problem might be getting the voice actors from the other Metal Gear characters in the codecs (Colonel, Otacon, Mei Ling) back at least in the English version. The original actors are union and only Brawl was able to get union voice actors so unless they can go uncredited like Antony does with Pit, they’d have to be recast for this game.
At the very least they better have Snake interact with one of the PG segments.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
And I believe the Japanese VA for the Colonel passed away, so, there's that too...

Also, I haven't seen it, but apparently Chrom doesn't interact with the crew for his PG, which is a shame.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
And I believe the Japanese VA for the Colonel passed away, so, there's that too...

Also, I haven't seen it, but apparently Chrom doesn't interact with the crew for his PG, which is a shame.
Chrom just isn't the type to throw shade himself, even if he does hold a grudge. If he didn't do it for the guy responsible (or so he thought) for killing his sister why start here?

Dukefire

Smash Master
Let's hope for what characters Nintendo has chosen is true. (Can't please EVERYONE of course.)

Forgot who made it since I found it on twitter. Apologizes.

Dne-wQFX4AYFMxg.jpeg

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
But a fan of what?
A FAN OF WHAT RODRIGO?!
GOOMBA WITH A HAT?!
WHAT?!
DON'T DO THIS TO ME
HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS
THEY'VE ACTIVATED THE DESIRE SENSOR QUICK TRY TO BRAIN RESET SO SHANTAE WILL BE SURPRISING ENOUGH.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
But therein lies the problem. Nintendo's probably under the mentality that since Fighter Spirits exist the don't need to make spirits for the fighters as it would be redundant or break the lore about spirits losing their bodies or something so naysayers will always point to that.
You're expecting Smash Bros to follow the "deepest lore"? Well, surprisingly it does, even with the Partner Pokemon. Spirits range to plenty of characters including variations of them, as Galeem's lazers fired into the afterlife, as well as across the cosmos of space and time. This was clarified by Sakurai himself during the Kirby talk about how the puffball survived.

So, it's easy to explain how "partner Pikachu", clearly wouldn't be the same character as the Pikachu in Smash. Lord knows there's plenty of Pikachus anyway.
That being said it doesn't have to be a one way street. Just because fighters can't become spirits doesn't mean spirits can't be fighters. Their goal is to regain their bodies back after all while fighters already have theirs
Like I said. Likely for Season 2 or onward. Not really looking likely for Season 1, espeically with the unfortunate timing of Matt Bozon pushing for Shantae, by which time the DLC was already picked assuredly.
And from a development perspective it seems kinda stupid for Sakurai's team to lock themselves out of potential characters just because of a spirit they made before DLC planning even started.
That is, unless they were given strict instructions on the matter of the DLC, which comes to mind. Let's not forget that Nintendo were the ones who chose the list of DLC that Sakurai could chose 5 from. And we already know from the Box Theory that they don't care about how hard we sleuth.
Just like the Grinch Leak neither side will give up banging their heads against a wall until Nintendo says so so all we can do is wait...
I mean, with there being no sign of a Pirhana Plant spirit, despite the game being datamined, you can't blame people for leaning toward the Spirits deconfirm theory. Granted, that's not even the main reason I have doubts for Shantae in Season 1, as I stated earlier,

Yes, we'll see, but right now, with the correlation of evidence present, I'm saving my hopes for Season 2 DLC in her favor, so either way, I can be pleasantly surprised.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, now we're steadily leaning into the route of "don't trust any leakers, even the ones with reliable info, they're wishy-washy and shifty".

I'd rather play games right now anyway.

That being said, pushing hard for season 2 is the best course of action as it stands.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Amalee just posted a cover of "Lifelight."
To quote DBZAbridged's version of Vegeta: "Never in my life have I needed something so much and never known til I received it."

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Amalee just posted a cover of "Lifelight."
To quote DBZAbridged's version of Vegeta: "Never in my life have I needed something so much and never known til I received it."
I love her covers so much and so glad she did this song.

Ooh, imagine if she covered “Dance Through the Danger”...

Top Bottom