• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Here is something for the morning.

Its a fan made series in case you get fooled and its now finished.

Dukefire

Smash Master
This video was uploaded earlier today by no other SMG4
Be Ready for December 7 coming in 6 days.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
While I agree that the prospect of a Smash announcement at the Game Awards seems unlikely (I'm pretty sure it's not even streamed in Japanese)...I can't imagine what else Smash-related they could do. The Game Awards isn't a place for a "tournament of sorts," and it's not like they'll have just some new trailer for it.

Despite Reggie definitely hinting at something Smash-related, I'm going to assume it was just teasing and there won't be anything Smash.
Could be Metroid Prime 4 anyway.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Are we still having confident hope in shantae making in as one of the dlc characters or is this thread just slowly losing traction? Sorry I have been away for awhile as I've been over at the geno thread just discussing hard over the possible square enix rep we will get. I still believe in Shantae as I think nintendo of japan would at least acknowledge her.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Are we still having confident hope in shantae making in as one of the dlc characters or is this thread just slowly losing traction? Sorry I have been away for awhile as I've been over at the geno thread just discussing hard over the possible square enix rep we will get. I still believe in Shantae as I think nintendo of japan would at least acknowledge her.
Not too confidant, from the general look of things. Traction has also slowed down a bit as well, but I am not to sad about it. I mean, we still are pretty active, even if it is slower than what we used to be, and there is always that faint glimmer of hope. I also think most of us are happy that she got as far as she did and the acknowledgment she did get.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
For a second wave of DLC, I'm confident. Not so much for Season 1 though, all things considered.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Her chances are somewhere between 0 and 100%.

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
This may be unrelated to Shantae, but you guys have any of your top picks as far as the new remixes from Ultimate go?

From separate franchises mine are Fortress Boss SMB3, Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr Medley, Midna's Lament, Vs Ridley, Staff Roll KDL/KSS, F-Zero Medley, Destiny (Ablaze), Training Menu Wii Fit U, Bomb Rush Blush, Elektroplankton, Yuyuki Medley, Title Theme Wii Sports Club, Trouble Brewing 2, Mappy Medley, We're Robots, Guile Stage, Theme of Solid Snake, and Cross Your Heart.

But the single one that takes the care for me personally above the rest is easily no contest Battle Elite 4/Solgaleo & Lunala

D

Deleted member

This may be unrelated to Shantae, but you guys have any of your top picks as far as the new remixes from Ultimate go?

From separate franchises mine are Fortress Boss SMB3, Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr Medley, Midna's Lament, Vs Ridley, Staff Roll KDL/KSS, F-Zero Medley, Destiny (Ablaze), Training Menu Wii Fit U, Bomb Rush Blush, Elektroplankton, Yuyuki Medley, Title Theme Wii Sports Club, Trouble Brewing 2, Mappy Medley, We're Robots, Guile Stage, Theme of Solid Snake, and Cross Your Heart.

But the single one that takes the care for me personally above the rest is easily no contest Battle Elite 4/Solgaleo & Lunala
1.gangplank galleon
2.vs Ridley
3.bristar depths
4.duck hunt
5.vega stage

It’s 50/50 right now

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Personally I think her being represented in the game to begin with gives her a pretty good chance.

Off the top of my head...SMB3 Fortress Boss, Donkey Kong/DK Jr. Medley, Gangplank Galleon, Crocodile Cacophony, Death Mountain, BOTW E3 Trailer Theme, Vs. Lorekeeper Zinnia, Vs. Ridley, Pokémon Sun and Moon Trainer Battle, Big Blue, Mega Man X Opening Stage, Duck Hunt Medley, Dark Man Stage, Out of Time, Divine Bloodlines, Galaga Medley

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Personally I think her being represented in the game to begin with gives her a pretty good chance.

Off the top of my head...SMB3 Fortress Boss, Donkey Kong/DK Jr. Medley, Gangplank Galleon, Crocodile Cacophony, Death Mountain, BOTW E3 Trailer Theme, Vs. Lorekeeper Zinnia, Vs. Ridley, Pokémon Sun and Moon Trainer Battle, Big Blue, Mega Man X Opening Stage, Duck Hunt Medley, Dark Man Stage, Out of Time, Divine Bloodlines, Galaga Medley
Lookie here: https://twitter.com/Pokemon_cojp/status/1069033679450718214

That there's a Pikachu spirit being added post-launch. It's labeled "partner" but is otherwise completely identical to the Pikachu we have now. First of all this proves that we can get more spirits down the line (and likely for free!), and along with the retro Pit spirit is another knock against the "only alts of fighters get usable spirits" argument.

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice

Big Blue's remix is my jam. I didn't think anything could top Melee's version in Smash till I heard it.
Definitely gives the MK8 version a run for it's money.

Forgot to post this earlier, but just something to lighten the mood around here after things got a little depressing last night plus it is the 6th day marker, so here hold this...

View attachment 180918
Fluffy blob if fluffy.

Also on a (kinda) side note I found this limited time Kirby cafe In Tokyo and it just makes me jealous I'm not there.
Hey Yellowlord you better check this out while you're over there.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Excuse me, there's a Death Mountain remix? Which Death Mountain theme?
Enjoy it while it lasts (or until next week)

Big Blue's remix is my jam. I didn't think anything could top Melee's version in Smash till I heard it.
Definitely gives the MK8 version a run for it's money.

Fluffy blob if fluffy.

Also on a (kinda) side note I found this limited time Kirby cafe In Tokyo and it just makes me jealous I'm not there.
Hey Yellowlord you better check this out while you're over there.
Agreed, that song’s gonna get me so pumped up to. (Well a good chunk of them will)

Also thank you for finally mentioning that pic

I'm not wrong though. ;)
I mean it’s basically the same thing as betting on the sun coming up tomorrow, but okay.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Wademan94 Wademan94 Perhaps, but hey. It's better than saying 100% in and being disappointed. I do think she has a decent shot, but we'll see what happens.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Now, most people have their money on Nintendo announcing something related to Prime 4 at Game Awards, and I don't disagree, but...

Is there a chance, however small, that we may get something Shantae related? I just can't shake the feeling of their physical Switch Pirate's Curse release date meaning something, no matter how much I try...

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Now, most people have their money on Nintendo announcing something related to Prime 4 at Game Awards, and I don't disagree, but...

Is there a chance, however small, that we may get something Shantae related? I just can't shake the feeling of their physical Switch Pirate's Curse release date meaning something, no matter how much I try...
It's most likely gonna be related to Prime 4.

Which is okay in my book since I wanna know more about it since that small tease we got back in E3 2017!

D

Deleted member

Lookie here: https://twitter.com/Pokemon_cojp/status/1069033679450718214

That there's a Pikachu spirit being added post-launch. It's labeled "partner" but is otherwise completely identical to the Pikachu we have now. First of all this proves that we can get more spirits down the line (and likely for free!), and along with the retro Pit spirit is another knock against the "only alts of fighters get usable spirits" argument.
Welp there goes the “spirits decomfirm dlc” argument:p

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It's most likely gonna be related to Prime 4.

Which is okay in my book since I wanna know more about it since that small tease we got back in E3 2017!
Wait we’re getting Shantae in Prime 4?!

Yes!! I knew her being Samus in her Spirit Battle meant something greater!

I’m shocked you people still allow me on this thread.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Wait we’re getting Shantae in Prime 4?!

Yes!! I knew her being Samus in her Spirit Battle meant something greater!
**** this Shantae for Smash bull****, Shantae for Metroid is much better! :p
I’m shocked you people still allow me on this thread.
If people are still allowing freaking Connor to be in this thread, then, trust me, there is no way you're getting kicked out. ;)

Last edited:

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
Welp there goes the “spirits decomfirm dlc” argument:p
To be fair the entire augment is basically "a character has been represented in the game via PNG therefore that character can never been represented in Smash in any other form particularly as a fighter" which when you think about it pretty flawed logic given that fighters and assist trophies hove trophies of themselves.

Top Bottom