• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
While I'm not usually one to give @Connorb0t2 credit on anything, him posting Guile's Stage theme from Ultimate reminded me. I saw someone put the Banner commercial to that song and what do you know, it went with it very well. What is it about that commercial that lends itself so easily to alternate musical accompaniment? I even saw someone put it to The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny...which, let me say, was far TOO fitting.

D

Deleted member

While I'm not usually one to give @Connorb0t2 credit on anything, him posting Guile's Stage theme from Ultimate reminded me. I saw someone put the Banner commercial to that song and what do you know, it went with it very well. What is it about that commercial that lends itself so easily to alternate musical accompaniment? I even saw someone put it to The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny...which, let me say, was far TOO fitting.
Was it this?

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
It's just a collection of random fighting poses and movements and as such can fit with practically any background music as your brain will go into autopilot to find connections between whatever you see and hear.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
How can you attack such a masterpiece. Everyone wants Fortnite guy in Smash right? He's got the potential, popularity, and relevancy(also on the switch) which, according to fan rules, makes him a top candidate right?

right?

Oh no, we’re losing Hyfiner Hyfiner too! Hang on, I got this...

A1E4D92B-AE37-4604-BB0D-FD64492D64A7.jpeg
75618C9C-51ED-4FD1-A68F-2B5710B7F5D6.jpeg

“BONK!”

Feeling better yet?

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
The first rep isn’t a se rep isn’t it?
They didn't confirm it was going to be related to DLC or anything. In fact, I'd personally say it would be more in line with the confirmed day 1 patch, as there is speculation there's more than just Game and Watch's feather being removed.

They mentioned absolutely nothing regarding a rep, and we will have to wait until the actual event to see if it actually is related to upcoming fighters. Even so, I believe it is unwise to assume anything about it other than "there will be an announcement".

Last edited:

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
Oh no, we’re losing Hyfiner Hyfiner too! Hang on, I got this...

View attachment 180814 View attachment 180812

“BONK!”

Feeling better yet?
Aw thanks feeling much better. Now as I was saying

FORTNITE'S OVERRATED AS **** THE FANBASE IS FULL OF PANSY 9 YEAR OLDS WHO WORSHIP NINJA'S **** AND THINK STOLEN DANCE MOVES ARE EPIC AND ORIGINAL FORTNITE MORE LIKE TRASHNITE AMIRITE GUYS?!?!?!?!

alright I think this joke has run it's course moving right along.
https://twitter.com/BoundaryBreak/status/1068682697365745664?s=19

Di...did Reggie just confirm a Smash announcement during the game awards on the 6th!?
The way he tried to hide his smirk by looking down seems telling that he's actually planning something which does get my hopes up. Then again Sakurai said they'll work on the DLC after the main game releases so who knows.

Last edited:

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I would say no. Something special for your show can literally just mean playing smash Bros, a tournament of sorts, or even some fun fact about the game to hype it up.

Releasing new information about the game less than 12 hours before it starts leaving shelves is not a good business move.
While I agree that the prospect of a Smash announcement at the Game Awards seems unlikely (I'm pretty sure it's not even streamed in Japanese)...I can't imagine what else Smash-related they could do. The Game Awards isn't a place for a "tournament of sorts," and it's not like they'll have just some new trailer for it.

Despite Reggie definitely hinting at something Smash-related, I'm going to assume it was just teasing and there won't be anything Smash.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Just realized today is December 1, allow me to do the honors:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Time to deck those halls, fellas!

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Just realized today is December 1, allow me to do the honors:

And know I can listen to Christmas music without feeling triggered.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
What sort of sick twisted person would even do that?!:sadeyes:
Who knows? Well aside from
4B8372CC-B300-40FF-9A03-A688E2B3D940.jpeg

What’d be real sick is if you unlock Lucas before coming across that spirit battle and the game gives you the option.

...“I walk a lonely road, the only one that I have ever known...”
206A85E4-1E61-451D-B098-FDFA97FB3DCC.jpeg

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Guys, guys, relax. You should be happy. We have 6 days remaining to the Ultimate Smash Bros game comes out. GET HYPE'D!!!!!!!!!

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Mythra's outfit is censored in Ultimate yet Shantae isn't? Oh well at least we know that if her Pirate's Curse version becomes a DLC fighter than we would have no problem with her outfit.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Mythra's outfit is censored in Ultimate yet Shantae isn't? Oh well at least we know that if her Pirate's Curse version becomes a DLC fighter than we would have no problem with her outfit.
Well, Shantae's outfit doesn't have an issue with panty shots and doesn't overtly display her breasts... which are pretty small anyway. Cleavage is not out of the question either since the Bayonetta 1 costume has it.

zferolie

Smash Hero
They actually made a free update in Xenoblade 2 giving Mythra Smash's costume as a free gift

Just did it today

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
Thought this was pretty neat! (Hope I did the URL link right)

Top Bottom