• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Hey guys its been awhile since I've been here. With all the new leaks coming out for the game, how likely do you think we are for Shantae to come in as DLC? Its been awhile since I heard anyone offer their gander on her chances.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Now something else, I specifically remember reading in the original (Now removed) datamine that Rottytops was also a Spirit, however now it appears that she’s not present at all, I’m wondering if she was removed as a Spirit due to her more... Suggestive outfit... Of course this is all just speculation and we probably won’t know the true answer since Sakurai never opened up about Tharja.
Well, at least, they may have considered her, I guess, but, still... aw, come on!

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
for these 30 slots, I feel like even if they are dlc related we won't get 30. its probably 30 place holders in case they ever need them.

Now, I have 2 subsets of who I think the first wave DLC will be. The Spirits do deconfirm DLC for the first wave and the spirits do not Deconfirm DLC. I just want to keep my mind open for both possibilities.

SPirits Deconfirm:

Slime_(Dragon_Quest).jpg or Agnes.png

This is a tough one. Slime as a DQ rep makes the most sense business wise to me, but, we see SE is being very stingy with their properties in this game. no new Final Fantasy Music. No FF spirits other then cloud. Only SE spirits are Geno and Mallow and they are listed as Mario Characters. Plus how I have heard how terrible getting DQ music is due to the composer being a xenophobe and refuses to give the actual music outside of japan makes me very hesitent we may get a DQ character. However, Bravley Default is a Nintendo only game, and there are talks/rumors of a Bravely Default 3 in production, so I can see Agnes being a DLC fighter. That may be the least hoops Nintendo would need to jump through

KSA_Adeleine.png

There are a few key missing characters as spirits, and Adeleine is the biggest missing Kirby one. If there is a kirby rep they want to add, she seems like a good one. She would have a good uniquer moveset with a different style then Inkling. She could be a trap/set up character that paints monsters to assist her

Sylus.jpg

Other important Metroid characters are in the game, including some of the other hunters, but not Sylux, who is heavily implied to be the main antagonist of Prime 4. Seems very odd for him not to get a spirit after all that, plus he has had a trophy before.

Rhythm Girl.jpg

The only missing main character from the Rhythm Heaven games, Rhythm Girl is normally to for front of advertising for the game. For her not to be a spirit is jarring. We know Sakurai wanted a RH character in the past, and she could appear as DLC if they plan to make a new game next year.

5. Reimu.png

Reimu is my big third party addition. I really don't think we will get a microsoft rep(even though Banjo would be nice and there are some odd rare files in the game for other games). However Touhou is massive in Japan, ZUN has been talking about wanting to put offical games on nintendo platforms and talks highly about hopefully working with nintendo in the future, Reimu would bring a very unique playstyle to the game and is a gaming icon in japan. The Face of Indie games for japan.

SPirits don't deconfirm DLC

Shantae smashified.png

Obvious pick is obvious. Shantae is just growing and growing, the face of Indies out west. We know she has 2 spirits and a fighter icon. It shows nintendo really has her in their sights,

Slime_(Dragon_Quest).jpg Agnes.png Geno.png

Same talks for the first 2, plus adding Geno as that could have even less hoops then the others,

XC2-Pyra-and-Mythra-artwork.jpg

I do beleive Mii Costumes deconfirm sadly, but nintendo knows how big this series is, and would be nuts not to include the "waifus" of the game. Plus Nia and Rex are mii outfits, but not theres 2, arguably the most popular ones, and are just spirits? Fishy

Rhythm Girl.jpg

Same reasons as above but even with spirits in she would be the best way to represent the full series.

Sylus.jpg or Edelgard.png

either of these 2 from upcoming nintendo games.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I just wonder why people spoil and show the game early before worldwide release. It just might end up showing as a bad picture for nintendo to view the community and the internet.

Capture+_2018-11-26-03-37-12.png

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I just wonder why people spoil and show the game early before worldwide release. It just might end up showing as a bad picture for nintendo to view the community and the internet.

View attachment 179985
Sakurai is probably fuming as this might be the sequel to “Brawl’s cutscenes going on YouTube”

The sequel nobody asked for!

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
Because people are natural assholes. And they want a few seconds of fame to ruin everyone's surprise, including the creator. I do miss the days when things weren't spoiled heavily on the internet unless you actively looked for it.

Cause now I'm getting videos and pics without me typing Smash, and it'll pop up on my news feed.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
for these 30 slots, I feel like even if they are dlc related we won't get 30. its probably 30 place holders in case they ever need them.

Now, I have 2 subsets of who I think the first wave DLC will be. The Spirits do deconfirm DLC for the first wave and the spirits do not Deconfirm DLC. I just want to keep my mind open for both possibilities.

SPirits Deconfirm:

View attachment 179945 or View attachment 179946

This is a tough one. Slime as a DQ rep makes the most sense business wise to me, but, we see SE is being very stingy with their properties in this game. no new Final Fantasy Music. No FF spirits other then cloud. Only SE spirits are Geno and Mallow and they are listed as Mario Characters. Plus how I have heard how terrible getting DQ music is due to the composer being a xenophobe and refuses to give the actual music outside of japan makes me very hesitent we may get a DQ character. However, Bravley Default is a Nintendo only game, and there are talks/rumors of a Bravely Default 3 in production, so I can see Agnes being a DLC fighter. That may be the least hoops Nintendo would need to jump through

View attachment 179947

There are a few key missing characters as spirits, and Adeleine is the biggest missing Kirby one. If there is a kirby rep they want to add, she seems like a good one. She would have a good uniquer moveset with a different style then Inkling. She could be a trap/set up character that paints monsters to assist her

View attachment 179949

Other important Metroid characters are in the game, including some of the other hunters, but not Sylux, who is heavily implied to be the main antagonist of Prime 4. Seems very odd for him not to get a spirit after all that, plus he has had a trophy before.

View attachment 179944

The only missing main character from the Rhythm Heaven games, Rhythm Girl is normally to for front of advertising for the game. For her not to be a spirit is jarring. We know Sakurai wanted a RH character in the past, and she could appear as DLC if they plan to make a new game next year.

5.View attachment 179948

Reimu is my big third party addition. I really don't think we will get a microsoft rep(even though Banjo would be nice and there are some odd rare files in the game for other games). However Touhou is massive in Japan, ZUN has been talking about wanting to put offical games on nintendo platforms and talks highly about hopefully working with nintendo in the future, Reimu would bring a very unique playstyle to the game and is a gaming icon in japan. The Face of Indie games for japan.

SPirits don't deconfirm DLC

View attachment 179971

Obvious pick is obvious. Shantae is just growing and growing, the face of Indies out west. We know she has 2 spirits and a fighter icon. It shows nintendo really has her in their sights,

View attachment 179945View attachment 179946View attachment 179970

Same talks for the first 2, plus adding Geno as that could have even less hoops then the others,

View attachment 179972

I do beleive Mii Costumes deconfirm sadly, but nintendo knows how big this series is, and would be nuts not to include the "waifus" of the game. Plus Nia and Rex are mii outfits, but not theres 2, arguably the most popular ones, and are just spirits? Fishy

View attachment 179944

Same reasons as above but even with spirits in she would be the best way to represent the full series.

View attachment 179949 or View attachment 179978

either of these 2 from upcoming nintendo games.
How do Mii costumes deconfirm when we still have the Isabelle, Inkling and K. Rool costumes alongside their fighters now? I'll tell you what actually is fishy: having a costume in 4 but losing it in Ultimate, like Geno.

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
Because people are natural ********. And they want a few seconds of fame to ruin everyone's surprise, including the creator. I do miss the days when things weren't spoiled heavily on the internet unless you actively looked for it.

Cause now I'm getting videos and pics without me typing Smash, and it'll pop up on my news feed.
I agree. I tried hard to not get spoiled, and yet still saw a new boss for classic mode. that kinda upsets me.

zferolie

Smash Hero
How do Mii costumes deconfirm when we still have the Isabelle, Inkling and K. Rool costumes alongside their fighters now? I'll tell you what actually is fishy: having a costume in 4 but losing it in Ultimate, like Geno.
Thing is those Mii costumes didn't become fighters till the next game.

Geno missing could mean he is a fighter for sure, and honestly he is the most likely that also doesn't require a ton of legal hoops. Also if he is in the Shantae is still in too

TJKBird

Smash Cadet
Geno is technically a third party character and I'm pretty sure all third party Mii costumes were cut so I wouldn't read into it too much.

D

Deleted member

From what I've seen Nintendo consoles are easier to hack and Nintendo games just in general garner more attention on the internet especially Smash.
yeah, there were a lot more people talking about BotW then Horizon Zero Dawn despite both games being pretty similar in premise and release date

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
Funny that you say that. During my searches for people's opinions on potential characters I came across some Japanese forum discussions and found some interesting opinions. While we're fighting against characters like Sans and Steve in the West, Japan is busy fighting over Reimu and Katalina as there are people who genuinely want them due to their large popularity over there. And when something becomes popular it becomes a large target for hate. And boy do some people have very strong opinions about them.

Here are a few excerpts (paraphrased a bit due to translation):
"People who support Touhou in Smash are filthy Otakus who'll never touch a girl in their life"
"Foreigners don't care about this weeb **** Nintendo needs to appeal to a global audience"
"Nintendo wouldn't try to appeal to a bunch of NEETs just for some extra sales here"
"Why"

While I'm personally fine with their inclusion it's interesting to see these different opinions and the various arguments that come with them, be it constructive or hilarious.

D

Deleted member

now that zferolie zferolie brought this up I’ll bring up my list of dlc fighters if spirits decomfirm
25B2B89C-1772-458E-8B12-4B534558EC5C.jpeg

1.Dq11 hero-this guys is what the dq rep is gonna look like. A advertisement for dq11 getting ported to the switch in the future and before you say he isn’t on a Nintendo platform dq11 was on the 3ds but jp exclusive. Square may be stingy with their ip but one more wouldn’t hurt and maybe slime will be a hat for a mii fighter
2.porky-why him? Well he was not found as a spirit including his statue the only thing they had of him was his absolute safe capsule with no one in it. And earthbound is gonna turn 30 next year so he would be a fighter instead of a boss and his statue would make a great final smash. So he’s probably a lock.
3.sylux-as mentioned by zferolie he would most likely be a lock like porky. Rumors said that he would be the main badie of mp4 and a great promotional character. Plus he’s both an ad and a fan fav.
4.Adeline-she would mostly be the 4th Kirby rep plus all of the Kirby characters are spirits but not her. And there is a rumor of a Kirby game in 2019 and she would be a perfect ad for it (it might be a remake idk)
5.banjo and kazooie-why did I put him here you may ask?
Here’s the reason why
712B5440-AA7A-416D-95BF-77CDFDD8F126.jpeg

84233D3E-DC0E-4102-BFDA-7A8147167F35.jpeg

3B66CA1C-9439-4F87-91DA-4FD045373518.jpeg

•Healthy relationship with Microsoft with cross-play for Minecraft and other games
•Microsoft understands relevance of Rare in Nintendo history
•Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps categories found in Spirits files
•Possible N64 Classic incoming eventually
• Jet Force Gemini, Blast Corps, and both Banjo games are on Nintendo UK's games database.
•veggie burger said Minecraft is in smash but it’s represented as a boss and nothing else.
•hitagi finally convinced that he is a fraud like loz18 and he is done leaking

In conclusion Nintendo is listening to us as stated in this interview....
B66E132F-BCEF-4C5D-950E-D2CC9A8EF067.jpeg

So you see Nintendo knows we don’t want another fe character and a character we all didn’t ask for in the ballot.

But if spirits don’t decomfirm

I would replace hero,porky,Adeline with shantae,geno,bandana dee

ever notice nintendo games seem to get datamined and leaked more often than PS4 ones for whatever reason?
Because everyone hates Sony after that whole cross play incident back in June

For example....
https://youtu.be/Oj2Vj-PbzfE

Ok that was off topic let’s just get back to shantae

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I find it hard to speculate about the dlc characters this time around. I'm open to the surprises, anyway :p

While I'd love to have Adeleine in over some other characters, Bandana Dee is still more likely. In whatever case I feel Kirby and Zelda both deserve a new rep. I like a lot of kirby, so i'll like any addition. While Zelda I obviously want Impa to get in.

As for an SE rep, I really hope it's a girl character, but it'll still be cool to see another square character regardless. Slime could be funny too.
What would be interesting is a character with some kind of rpg element, I dunno what, but something different and interesting.

+Shantae of course would be nice :)

zferolie

Smash Hero
Here is a picture from Bard bot. Would link his twitter but... SUPER NSFW

Funny that you say that. During my searches for people's opinions on potential characters I came across some Japanese forum discussions and found some interesting opinions. While we're fighting against characters like Sans and Steve in the West, Japan is busy fighting over Reimu and Katalina as there are people who genuinely want them due to their large popularity over there. And when something becomes popular it becomes a large target for hate. And boy do some people have very strong opinions about them.

"People who support Touhou in Smash are filthy Otakus who'll never touch a girl in their life"
"Foreigners don't care about this weeb **** Nintendo needs to appeal to a global audience"
"Nintendo wouldn't try to appeal to a bunch of NEETs just for some extra sales here"
"Why"

While I'm personally fine with their inclusion it's interesting to see these different opinions and the various arguments that come with them, be it constructive or hilarious.
Yeah I have heard those too. Funny how we forigners wouldn't mind Reimu at all haha.

now that zferolie zferolie brought this up I’ll bring up my list of dlc fighters if spirits decomfirm
View attachment 179984
1.Dq11 hero-this guys is what the dq rep is gonna look like. A advertisement for dq11 getting ported to the switch in the future and before you say he isn’t on a Nintendo platform dq11 was on the 3ds but jp exclusive. Square may be stingy with their ip but one more wouldn’t hurt and maybe slime will be a hat for a mii fighter
2.porky-why him? Well he was not found as a spirit including his statue the only thing they had of him was his absolute safe capsule with no one in it. And earthbound is gonna turn 30 next year so he would be a fighter instead of a boss and his statue would make a great final smash. So he’s probably a lock.
3.sylux-as mentioned by zferolie he would most likely be a lock like porky. Rumors said that he would be the main badie of mp4 and a great promotional character. Plus he’s both an ad and a fan fav.
4.Adeline-she would mostly be the 4th Kirby rep plus all of the Kirby characters are spirits but not her. And there is a rumor of a Kirby game in 2019 and she would be a perfect ad for it (it might be a remake idk)
5.banjo and kazooie-why did I put him here you may ask?
Here’s the reason why
View attachment 179993
View attachment 179994
View attachment 179996
•Healthy relationship with Microsoft with cross-play for Minecraft and other games
•Microsoft understands relevance of Rare in Nintendo history
•Jet Force Gemini and Blast Corps categories found in Spirits files
•Possible N64 Classic incoming eventually
• Jet Force Gemini, Blast Corps, and both Banjo games are on Nintendo UK's games database.
•veggie burger said Minecraft is in smash but it’s represented as a boss and nothing else.
•hitagi finally convinced that he is a fraud like loz18 and he is done leaking

In conclusion Nintendo is listening to us as stated in this interview....
View attachment 179999
So you see Nintendo knows we don’t want another fe character and a character we all didn’t ask for in the ballot.

But if spirits don’t decomfirm

I would replace hero,porky,Adeline with shantae,geno,bandana dee

Because everyone hates Sony after that whole cross play incident back in June

For example....
https://youtu.be/Oj2Vj-PbzfE

Ok that was off topic let’s just get back to shantae
Good list. Yeah I can see Porky and the DQ11 hero and Banjo still. I just wanted to put Reimu there. I know banjo and porky have the higher chances for sure.

Hmm, a remake Kirby game.... Kirby 64 remake, and thats why we get Adeleine as dlc?

I find it hard to speculate about the dlc characters this time around. I'm open to the surprises, anyway :p

While I'd love to have Adeleine in over some other characters, Bandana Dee is still more likely. In whatever case I feel Kirby and Zelda both deserve a new rep. I like a lot of kirby, so i'll like any addition. While Zelda I obviously want Impa to get in.

As for an SE rep, I really hope it's a girl character, but it'll still be cool to see another square character regardless. Slime could be funny too.
What would be interesting is a character with some kind of rpg element, I dunno what, but something different and interesting.

+Shantae of course would be nice :)
I mostly have Adeleine because if spirits deconfirm then Bandana is out. Plus honestly, she would be cooler to fight as then him. But its true we really don't know what is possible till we start to see them. Hopefully soon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Might as well since I haven’t been that active here recently:

If Spirits deconfirm characters:

1: Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
2: Banjo-Kazooie
3. Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)
4. Slime (Dragon Quest)
5. Nightmare (Soulcalibur)

If it was just spirits that could be made into DLC fighters:

1. Shantae
2. Rayman
3. Cynthia (Pokémon) ~ she herself isn’t, but Garchomp and Milotic are
4. Geno
5. Dixie Kong

And who I’d want altogether:

1. Shantae
2. Ryu Hayabusa
3. Rayman
4. Banjo-Kazooie
5. Geno

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I know. we all have are own opinions. I won’t judge you:)

As for the Kirby game
https://www.thegamer.com/amazon-leaked-new-2019-kirby-game/
Man i would love a remake of Kirby 64. such a good game... also give us Kirby Air ride remake!

Might as well since I haven’t been that active here recently:

If Spirits deconfirm characters:

1: Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
2: Banjo-Kazooie
3. Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia)
4. Slime (Dragon Quest)
5. Nightmare (Soulcalibur)

If it was just spirits that could be made into DLC fighters:

1. Shantae
2. Rayman
3. Cynthia (Pokémon) ~ she herself isn’t, but Garchomp and Milotic are
4. Geno
5. Dixie Kong

And who I’d want altogether:

1. Shantae
2. Ryu Hayabusa
3. Rayman
4. Banjo-Kazooie
5. Geno
Good choices. Yeah I think the only choice for a koei tecmo is ryu for sure(imagin a DoA girl in smash haha)

Dukefire

Smash Master
Something for us to think,

So far, we has these bosses revealed offically:
Rathalos
Giga Bowser
Dracula
Galeom
Master Hand
Not including one that was spoiled.

What bosses can you guess?
Capture+_2018-11-20-08-18-43.png

D

Deleted member

Here is a picture from Bard bot. Would link his twitter but... SUPER NSFW

Yeah I have heard those too. Funny how we forigners wouldn't mind Reimu at all haha.

Good list. Yeah I can see Porky and the DQ11 hero and Banjo still. I just wanted to put Reimu there. I know banjo and porky have the higher chances for sure.

Hmm, a remake Kirby game.... Kirby 64 remake, and thats why we get Adeleine as dlc?

I mostly have Adeleine because if spirits deconfirm then Bandana is out. Plus honestly, she would be cooler to fight as then him. But its true we really don't know what is possible till we start to see them. Hopefully soon.
That pic seems uhh... pretty nsfw if you ask me. Better watch out for mods

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Let me repeat this again: the 29 slots can be easily filled up by costumes and alts, so they won't necessarily be characters. Given this, I can expect at least 10 DLC characters in total (ignoring :ultpiranha:).

Well, at least, they may have considered her, I guess, but, still... aw, come on!
I'm pretty sure they just ran out of time. At least my gal Risky is in here in some form.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
That pic seems uhh... pretty nsfw if you ask me. Better watch out for mods
Fine :( I spoilered it

Let me repeat this again: the 29 slots can be easily filled up by costumes and alts, so they won't necessarily be characters. Given this, I can expect at least 10 DLC characters in total (ignoring :ultpiranha:).

I'm pretty sure they just ran out of time. At least my gal Risky is in here in some form.
Yeah I think 10 is most likely, 15 is pushing it, but possible. no more then that though

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Fine :( I spoilered it

Yeah I think 10 is most likely, 15 is pushing it, but possible. no more then that though
Going that far would put a lot on the team's plate, so that is fine.

Also, Sakurai did post a video about his reaction towards the masterpiece being leaked early before release. Poor guy to see all his hard work going down the drain

D

Deleted member

Going that far would put a lot on the team's plate, so that is fine.

Also, Sakurai did post a video about his reaction towards the masterpiece being leaked early before release. Poor guy to see all his hard work going down the drain
Really? Link?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Good choices. Yeah I think the only choice for a koei tecmo is ryu for sure(imagin a DoA girl in smash haha)
Thank you, yeah considering his legacy in the NES era alongside Castlevania and Mega Man along with Tecmo working with Nintendo a lot lately with the Warriors series, I think he’d have a good shot.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

"Why"

Pot, meet kettle. They're not so different to us after all.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Still in general, please don't leak even if it does give you some time of fame.
Last time I leaked, everyone in the vicinity began laughing hysterically at my very unfortunate situation, and I then slowly started to walk away, wet trousers in hand, wallowing in shame...

So, leaking is less a claim to fame, and more to infamy. :p

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Last time I leaked, everyone in the vicinity began laughing hysterically at my very unfortunate situation, and I then slowly started to walk away, wet trousers in hand, wallowing in shame...

So, leaking is less a claim to fame, and more to infamy. :p
And you can even be accused of leaking even if you didn't do anything, simply because you're associated with a certain character. Yeah, you can tell I hate groupthink mentality.

Top Bottom