• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
OMG no this is too stressful xD

By the way, can anyone of you provide me with an english link for the direct ? Because I keep finding french ones
https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/11-01-2018/

I'm gonna be salty as **** if Shantae is an Assist Trophy, but @Connorb0t2 is super right. Let's show some class as a fanbase if that happens. It's still way better than nothing. Plus I still think ATs getting upgraded to playable fighters is a DLC possibility.

Well in that case, regardless of whether it's real, which of the Grinch characters would you guys be most excited to see join the roster?

For me it's probably Isaac, despite not playing much Golden Sun back in the day. I know a couple people who would be thrilled to have him in the game, especially my brother. Plus I just started playing some Golden Sun on Wii U VC, so I'm starting to feel some of the hype for him firsthand now.
Dont worry about that, we'll deal with it if it comes to it.
Looking to see her in all her glory! Well, keeping open :D

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well guys: today's the day of the Smash Direct. No matter what happens in this direct, we'll stick together. I feel that regardless of the result, we should be respectful of what we see and not get frustrated or sad if Shantae isn't confirmed as a character or just isn't in the Direct at all. At this point, that is all I ask of all of you, alright? :)

Here's my bingo card before I head off:

Bingo Card v3 November.jpg

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
It's so weird that we've only known about this game for a relatively short time. Now we are less than an hour away from the final reveals. I won't be able to watch it live, so best of luck to us all. Let us dance through the danger one more time. #ShantaeForSmash!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't know if i'll post much during the direct, maybe 1 or 2, but i'll mostly be glued to what there is there :)

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
Ladies and Gentlemen we are reaching our final destination of the last Direct. As we approach our stop please fasten your seat belts and keep your speculation-tables in the upright position. We hope you enjoy your ride on Sakurai's hype train and hope to serve you again another time.
But without further ado...
LET THE FESTIVITIES COMMENCE

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
It's so weird that we've only known about this game for a relatively short time. Now we are less than an hour away from the final reveals. I won't be able to watch it live, so best of luck to us all. Let us dance through the danger one more time. #ShantaeForSmash!
It's been the shortest wait for any Smash game and yet it's felt like the longest to me.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
You know something guys this year Nintendo had a Mini Direct on 1. 11. 2018 while today is 11. 1. 2018 Smash Direct. Maybe a clue? Maybe not.

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
It has been an honor to share this journey with all of you. I'm proud to be a Shantae fan! Now, let's go into the breach!

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
Not even Brawl? Geez, but I can understand that.
I was super pumped for Brawl coming, but I don't remember feeling this level of constant anticipation.

I still remember watching the reveal for Meta Knight with my brother though. Probably the character we wanted most at the time. As soon as we watched it we were both like, "hmmm, super fast with a sword and can fly.... yeah he's gonna be totally busted".

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Less than half an hour to go boyz!!!!!!

#ShantaeForSmash

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
The most nervous part is that it feels like we've all been on a journey, and its all culminating into this one 40-minute direct...

conTAgi0n

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1668 7817 3192
It hurts knowing that I'll never rectify my first post in this thread, in which I just scolded someone, for being harsh.

Simpler times.
Don't carry your regrets with you. All is forgiven here in the Shantae thread lol.

logicandreason logicandreason That profile picture is amazing, do you have the original fan art handy?

EDIT: Damn actually all of you have some amazing fan art in your profile pictures, we need a collection of these in the OP.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's time to shine. This is the biggest moment that we've been going towards. :)
nd there's going to be a ton of great smash news. and i want to see all the characters that get in :)

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
15 more minutes! It's been a wild ride, everyone. Let's hope for the best for Shantae.

Does anyone have a link to an English Direct? The chat always ruins it for me on YouTube.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
15 minutes left. And before we start, I just want to share a Rottytops Gif I just finished making of her Hooligan outfit. I never seen it online before so wanted to make it for everyone here especially Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy

Rottytops Hooligan.gif

If you guys think it should be slightly slower let me know. I think that was her speed ingame

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Well folks, this is it.

I remember before August the thread barely had even 1/100 of the pages it has today.

Let us hope our Genie is RET-2-GO!

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
You know, whoever posted that GamingIntel link where they said Banjo-Kazooie was out of the base roster makes me fairly happy, because if they're out that means the grinch leak is already kill.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm going to be watching the Direct in a few minutes, so I won't be posting here until after it's over. I wish our half-genie get's in.

Top Bottom