• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Also : You have a friend to whom you really want to reveal that stuff; you either show it physically to him without giving him any piece of proof he can show to others or you just trust him enough to send him the picture of the REAL THING FROM UP CLOSE
Edit : and that trolly attitude fits perfectly with the matching text leak which announced the same characters

Last edited:

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Even if this leak was real, I don't think you guys should worry, I always thought shantae would have a much better shot as a dlc character. When you see a fan base this big and this dedicated for an indie character, you can basically guarantee that Shantae will be in smash, there's no way Sakurai can ignore you guys. Shantae will be in smash for sure but her best shot for playable is as dlc, stay hopeful guys! You have my support

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
There was a problem fetching the tweet

>actually SK is under shantaes shadow because

1.japan
2.japan devs love her
3.if AT recognition=more fans and boosts her sales
4.if not AT there’s always dlc
5.haters are wrong:p

I still love my girl if she’s an assist and so will you all let’s all enjoy for what’s to come next for shantae and ultimate:) and remember what Sakurai said about AT....”all of them are considered special guests”
View attachment 171679
Look even shantaes happy to show up as an assist. V
View attachment 171682
@Makai Wars plz do more:sadeyes:
Man not sure why that guy thinks shantae is fully lost. While I still think this leak could be real it is looking more like it could go either way. Perswonally I still think shantae is base but I would be more then happy with that roster in the leak

D

Deleted member

Man not sure why that guy thinks shantae is fully lost. While I still think this leak could be real it is looking more like it could go either way. Perswonally I still think shantae is base but I would be more then happy with that roster in the leak
Me too GUH-HUH!!

And the best part about it is that verge is no more

Last edited by a moderator:

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
All the character's poses on the banner are more or less unseen and quite inspired. And yet Ken appears to have this same pose :

Same for banjo's position which looks a lot like this one
1540422913308.jpeg

Yes I hate this leak, yes I want it to be fake, yes I may be biased but I still think I make logical points :p

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I won’t ever abandon shantae. She isn’t deconfirmed yet and future dlc could be her way in. No assist trophy means I keep believing in her. She has my full on support until the very end!!!
I couldn't agree more. It's quite simple for me. I believe the leak is real, but I don't believe it's the final roster. Shantae still has a shot, alongside Phoenix Wright, to be a fighter. Be it base roster or DLC.

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I couldn't agree more. It's quite simple for me. I believe the leak is real, but I don't believe it's the final roster. Shantae still has a shot, alongside Phoenix Wright, to be a fighter. Be it base roster or DLC.
If both of those characters are playable Smash would truly be Ultimate for me.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
All the character's poses on the banner are more or less unseen and quite inspired. And yet Ken appears to have this same pose :

Same for banjo's position which looks a lot like this one
View attachment 171697

Yes I hate this leak, yes I want it to be fake, yes I may be biased but I still think I make logical points :p
Nice catch on the Ken pic. Although I don't think that picture of B&K is the same I can't shake the feeling that the images for B&K and Chorus kids both seem very familiar to me.

Anyway there is one thing I want to re-state as I think some people might have missed it. The Grinch part doesn;t have to be fake for the Smash part to be fake.

The leaker could work somewhere that has prereleased materials for properties like the Grinch. They may have thought to themselves "You know the real problem with these fake leaks is that there is never anything to really give them credibility. I have access to real things people haven't seen but will eventually find out are real. What if I 'non-chalantly' include one of these pieces in the corner of a leak? People would say 'Why would a fake leak go so far as to fake unrelated material' giving my leak credibility."

Yes, it seems paranoid, but every leak is going further and further to one up each other. Doing something like this would be an excellent way to ad credence to something completely made up.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Seeing the CG Grinch just made me think: If wayforward ever begin having a Shantae film made, I sincerly hope that Illumination has absolutely nothing to do with it. I mean look at what happened with the Lorax.
I think we’d see an animated series with Shantae before a movie but yeah I was so hyped to hear Mario was getting an animated movie until I heard it was Illumination behind it. As someone who’s going into animation as a career, I despise Illumination on for many reasons.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I think we’d see an animated series with Shantae before a movie but yeah I was so hyped to hear Mario was getting an animated movie until I heard it was Illumination behind it. As someone who’s going into animation as a career, I despise Illumination on for many reasons.
Hey, I don't think I've asked yet, what would the artstyle be? Would it be like, anime?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Here's something fun to think about: how do you think Shantae handing out invitations (to what doesn't really matter) to the Smash cast would play out?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Hey, I don't think I've asked yet, what would the artstyle be? Would it be like, anime?
It would definitely draw some parallels from anime just like the games. Honestly in my opinion, I think the HGH artstyle and design reflect the series humor and writing the best, so that’s what I have in mind for the overall artstyle for the animation

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace

Have you guys noticed how Samus's left leg disappears behind Zelda in the "leak" ? In the actual banner's perspective, Samus seems much closer to the "camera", which means that Samus' leg should hide Zelda's face in the leak.

Yes I'm determined to take that leak down xD

Oh and also : Diddy kong's jet makes a yellow light on Pitt's right wing in the official banner; but, in the "leak", that yellow light remains in the same spot although Diddy kong got moves a little lower. Pay close attention

Last edited:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace

Have you guys noticed how Samus's left leg disappears behind Zelda in the "leak" ? In the actual banner's perspective, Samus seems much closer to the "camera", which means that Samus' leg should hide Zelda's face in the leak.

Rip it apart my man. Rip it apart piece by piece.

D

Deleted member

Oh and also : Diddy kong's jet makes a yellow light on Pitt's right wing in the official banner; but, in the "leak", that yellow light remains in the same spot although Diddy kong got moves a little lower. Pay close attention
Wait so what your saying is it’s fake?

Tybalt: Herbal One

Smash Cadet

Thats a good find with the Diddy and Pit light. That is very suspicious. You keep doing what you can to disprove this "leak"! /cheer

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

You should put this in the general discussion thread. It will end well. :p

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I will forever reference Pokken Croagunk to remind people of this.

Not caught up with the thread yet, but saw this and...I just have to express my disappointment that it's Croagunk and not the evolved form Toxicroak that made it as a fighter in Pokken...I'm sure they had some reason, but darned if I know what it is.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
If that leak is real then that is a pretty good final roster, and gives us more characters than anyone thought would be in and we get fan favorites like Isaac, Geno, and mother f***ing Banjo and Kazooie. Plus DLC is a thing now and Sakurai knows which characters people want, and he might have even planned some but didn't put them in the base game due to time constraints.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
For now, we can look, question, and pick some things apart, and allow others out there to question it and find things too. Maybe with enough it'll be compelling (more clearly fake), but for now we're still just scouting.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Source Gaming is having a live stream about the leak. They dont seem to believe the leak is real. btw.

https://gaming.youtube.com/c/SourceGamingInfo/live
I'll watch a vod of it if its on youtube later. just working on my daily destiny 2 stuff. I am happy to see people looking deep into this, and if its fake, then cool. Shantae still has a chance at base roster

He said several times that Incineroar was in the base game. He's wrong regardless if the cat is DLC or not.
Ah did not know he said base for sure.

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Not caught up with the thread yet, but saw this and...I just have to express my disappointment that it's Croagunk and not the evolved form Toxicroak that made it as a fighter in Pokken...I'm sure they had some reason, but darned if I know what it is.
Possibly Croagunk's prominence in the anime as one of the gag Pokemon of Gen 4. Being the one who kept Brock in check whenever he tried to hit on girls.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
cuter. ;)

I'll watch a vod of it if its on youtube later. just working on my daily destiny 2 stuff. I am happy to see people looking deep into this, and if its fake, then cool. Shantae still has a chance at base roster

Ah did not know he said base for sure.
They dont seem to have any evidence either way. They're just voicing their suspicions. They dont think it's real, though it's just opinion.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Pit's wing doesn't have Diddy's light, and Samus could very well be behind Zelda. Pit's wing doesn't even have the light in the official banner, I checked in paint.NET.

Last edited:

Grimacebsx

Smash Apprentice
I see you guys are trying to debunk the banner leak.
Do we even need to it's pretty obvious it wasn't real. Although I do like to see people coming together making sure misinformation isn't being spread.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I see you guys are trying to debunk the banner leak.
Do we even need to it's pretty obvious it wasn't real. Although I do like to see people coming together making sure misinformation isn't being spread.
It's definitely suspicious, for a lot of reasons. It's hard to tell exactly though.

What makes you say it's obvious to be not real though? im curious.

Last edited:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Well, its always best to try and find everything wrong, rather than have people think its real and get let down (as a lot of people were really hoping for characters like Geno, Isaac, Chorus Kids, Banjo & Kazooie, Shadow, etc)

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord

Dudes! Check out DK's hand! in the official he is holding onto a vine that overlaps with pit's wing, but in the "leak" Dk's hand is there, but the vine can't be seen until it is behind Pit's wing. It looks like they were trying to move Pit around but they positioned hiw wing between DK's hand and the vine.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I really like the pic that source gaming is using , they upped the brightness and contrast i think, it looks sharper. Have a look if you want another look at it:

Screenshot 2018-10-24 21.04.59.png

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, even if this leak is legit (which it could be, I can't say either way) I think Shantae is one of the top 5 contenders as far as DLC.
The reason I think this may be legit is if Sakurai was 100% serious about the ballot and fan service. According to polls taken everywhere Isaac, Geno, and Banjo were probably top contenders with Ridley and K. Rool with alot of moveset potential. Shadow as an echo or semi-clone has been speculated alot. Ken echo is in the same boat. Mach Rider a super retro character that Sakurai likes to throw in any game he can so that makes sense. And Chorus Kids were supposedly cut from Smash 4. If so they were already partly finished, and they were easier to finish than a "from scratch" character.

Top Bottom