• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It'd actually be really cool if she had an alt color for each shantae character. (well the ones wanted by fans)

And maybe 2 palettes that are just super pretty. I dont know what, but I just want to see cool outfits or colors on her :)

also, goodnight :tired:
(and that's right you never really heard of any club. forget about it. .. and enjoy the natural miracles of your life :))
So here’s the thing, I plan on recreating most of not all of these palette swaps that I made before back when I was on here during the Smash 4 area, back when I was basing it of the Pirate's Curse design:

Shantae_SSB4PaletteSwaps-01.png

Shantae_SSB4PaletteSwaps2.png

Quite the difference from what I’m doing now huh? This time I'm actually a bit more competent in my work.

(Nega Shantae's on there twice because of the differences in their eyes, and yes that last one is Sharha from Secret Rings, I threw that one in there for fun)

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
off to dream land

I've heard that dreamland is a pretty dodgy place at the moment.

Something to do with jamba hearts, and the king, starving the country's residents, by taking all of the food for himself?

So here’s the thing, I plan on recreating most of not all of these palette swaps that I made before back when I was on here during the Smash 4 area, back when I was basing it of the Pirate's Curse design:

Quite the difference from what I’m doing now huh? This time I'm actually a bit more competent in my work.

(Nega Shantae's on there twice because of the differences in their eyes, and yes that last one is Sharha from Secret Rings, I threw that one in there for fun)
Whoa, I just had a splendid idea! Do this exact thing, but with Rottytops!

There are some pretty fun alts that she could have. :)

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Looks to me like someone is finally starting to speculate over on 4chan instead of trying to deceive others with fake information. Welcome to March 8th, 4chan. The rest of the world has been expecting you.
Or at least trying to.
That being said though, that new style is actually sort of disorientating to me, because I was used to the basic ***** white style.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Alright. Topic of discussion, maybe a bit of a guessing game...

Its quite possible to get a surprise direct by the end of the month. However, what day do we all think it's going to be.

My guess is going to be the 28th, as it sounds just right for "last October", but leaving a bit before the release of the Ultimate-themed Switch Consoles.

Another little bit of trivia for y'all. the 4 year anniversary of the 50 fact extravaganza is today

Last edited:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
DING DING DING! We have a winner!! Rich, tell Wwlink55 Wwlink55 what they’ve won...

Woo!

Alright, im off to bed. Lets hope we get something soon. It is the anniversary of the 50 fact extravaganza after all. Would be a fantastic time for them to announce some characters back-to-back, like Shantae.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Can't wait to see what is going to happened either in two days or in November.

It's that time again.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
we're already the 23rd !? We've come a long way guys ! :D
After crossing the desert and encountering plenty of mirages, we'll finally get to Scutlle Town's oasis :p

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
First two have different earrings. In the last one, one has a jacket, the other doesn't
Umm... sure, yeah.

But, you kind of left out that in the second one, the thingamabob in between her boobs, is much darker on the right, than it is on the left. And, the device which is holding her hair into a ponytail in the third one, is dark on one side, not on the other.

DING DING DING!

Can't wait to see what is going to happened either in two days or in November.

It's that time again.
Not just yet. ;)

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Geno and Shantae are pretty much the most popular and widely discussed 3rd parties, right?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Ok this is going to far!:mad:
View attachment 171280
As a Bandana Dee fan, I am beyond triggered by this. There is no correlation between Steve and Bandana Dee, but he HAD to do that. Honestly, this just has me convinced that at least 90% of Steve fans are scum who can't tolerate anyone else and not people who unironically like the character (not 100%. There are still a few)

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
make me hate Steve even more than I already do.
As a Bandana Dee fan, I am beyond triggered by this. There is no correlation between Steve and Bandana Dee, but he HAD to do that. Honestly, this just has me convinced that at least 90% of Steve fans are scum who can't tolerate anyone else and not people who unironically like the character (not 100%. There are still a few)

I can not tell you how discomforted I feel right now.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I have to admit, I would be perfectly fine with Steve in Smash. Do I want him in before B&K? Not at all, but I would welcome him in like any third party. Helps that he has history with Nintendo and is one of the most popular and successful games of all time.

D

Deleted member

I say SHANTAE and BANJO are locks to 2 new 3rd party franchises and studios.

WHOSE WITH ME?!?

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
If Shantae and Geno are among the most requested 3rd party characters like Banjo and Rayman, what do you guys think the most requested 1st party characters are? I just know Isaac has to be in the top 3!

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I say SHANTAE and BANJO are locks to 2 new 3rd party franchises and studios.

WHOSE WITH ME?!?
I'm with you all the way connor! Those being in with Isaac and Geno would be the dream come true for me! I also hope Sora makes it in too! He's my secondary main in super smash flash 2 (Isaac being my #1 main of course!) ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom