• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Hey, I'm just another Isaac supporter here, stopping by to say hi. I've come to wish you guys the best of luck, Shantae seems like a pretty cool character, and I'd actually love for her to be included.

Lets hope both the Golden Boy, and Half Genie, make it into Smash! :p
That's a bit insulting to actual Isaac supporters stopping by.

WAH!

....and now GameFAQS has gone completely crazy and have determined Mickey Mouse as more likely than Shantae.

Help.
Welp. This Shantae hate can't go any lower without crimes being committed.

Mario9919

Smash Apprentice
Mickey Mouse more likely than Shantae? What?

First of all, Mickey Mouse is completely disqualified because he is not a video game character. Thats a Goku or Shrek level suggestion. Second, Shantae is actually pretty popular, not only during this speculation scene (and during the ballot period), but has been recognized multiple times as a major indie by Nintendo, being featured in multiple splash screens, icons, etc whenever they do content related to "#Nindies". Third.... GameFaQs...
Yeah. That argument is way beyond stupid. GameFAQs is just filled with nothing but bullies. Don't you agree?

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
To be honest, I'm honored that some rando on 4chan thinks I'm worthy of being talked about.

Last edited:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Huh,I am more shocked that there was a Doomguy supporter comment. Though, one of those comments(As rude as it was) did get me thinking, there really has been a surge of Shantae talk, especially recently.
Oh, I noticed that too. It's part of the reason why I joined this forum. Im not entirely sure where it started, or when exactly it picked up... it just randomly happened earlier this month.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I feel like putting this here for the first and last skit.

Disclaimer: Not hating on FE. Just putting what I think Waluigi would say.

"Waaaaah!? Waluigi can't even Wah without having his-a joke being stolen by stupid Fire Emblem reps?"

That's not even a leak. It's a prediction. Sorry to say, but you're grasping at straws and will believe every little thing at this point.

Huh,I am more shocked that there was a Doomguy supporter comment. Though, one of those comments(As rude as it was) did get me thinking, there really has been a surge of Shantae talk, especially recently.

Edit: Also yeah, the post itself is nothing.
It's minaly because 1: Shovel Knight's deconfirmation which has made everyone think Shantae's got a good chance or no chance at all and 2: The evidence that was found.

D

Deleted member

IM CALLING IT RIGHT NOW!!!! TRY TO STOP ME IF YOU CAN!! BECAUSE YOU WONT!!!!:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:
C0F0F8D9-0EDF-40F9-A359-BFF65A515151.jpeg

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
I'm not even mad that someone took the time out of their day to talk about me on 4chan. I'm flattered and laughing my butt off all at the same time.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I guess. I thought we weren't supposed to trash other communities.
No, we are most certainly are not supposed to do that.

Most likely. I said bullies because of that in the first place. Just wanted to keep it family friendly.
You want family friendly, eh?

So, what about "*****"?
Meow?

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
IM CALLING IT RIGHT NOW!!!! TRY TO STOP ME IF YOU CAN!! BECAUSE YOU WONT!!!!:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:
View attachment 171235
Welp. I'm gonna try anyway. I don't think that theory holds any weight. It's not like stages where the layout could be remotely important, so, as I said before, it's just "add a new slot where misc was, move misc over one space, or if needed, move it to the first slot of the next row". Even if there are 3 more new franchises, all they'd need to do for DLC is the same thing, meaning it would probably be a coincidence.

D

Deleted member

Welp. I'm gonna try anyway. I don't think that theory holds any weight. It's not like stages where the layout could be remotely important, so, as I said before, it's just "add a new slot where misc was, move misc over one space, or if needed, move it to the first slot of the next row". Even if there are 3 more new franchises, all they'd need to do for DLC is the same thing, meaning it would probably be a coincidence.

I don’t think so

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Imma try something different to get Dylly back. Hey Dylly! Here’s a playlist I made for a certain someone in mind, it’d be a shame if it went to waste!

Or, it means that she's going to fight her hardest for world peace, a planet where all nations live in harmony. Meow!
Well until the fire nation attacks

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Imma try something different to get Dylly back. Hey Dylly! Here’s a playlist I made for a certain someone in mind, it’d be a shame if it went to waste!

Quick! someone do the sway-gif thing!

I'm going to assume Skull Kid and Geno are off-screen as their series are as well.
But they're in Zelda and Mario, respectively.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Well until the fire nation attacks
Well, he's back, sort of?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Umm, alright?
Err, let’s just say Shantae X Sky wasn’t the ONLY pairing I found songs for...

It's... a step in the right direction.

Edit: Gosh someone's gonna be reading through this thread and think we're idiots with all the antics goin on here.
If they didn’t think we were idiots already

Top Bottom