• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think it was just released onto the Japanese Switch eshop. Oh, but related to that, suddenly out of nowhere Pirate's Curse got a new rating of T.
I blame the Leia Bikinis.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Guys, what happened to the word, "leak"? It's lost all of it's meaning. The things we're calling "leaks", should be referred to as something else, because none of them are actually "leaks".

And "leaker", is another word which has been used incorrectly for quite awhile. A word that'd fit the "leakers" better, is "rumourmongerer".

Any news on the Shantae front while I took a weekend off?
Nah, nothing.

It's all been quiet over here on the western front...

I blame the Leia Bikinis.
Blasphemy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wow gamefaqs and 4chan are calling our girl shantal the half hearted hero (really?)

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Guys, what happened to the word, "leak"? It's lost all of it's meaning. The things we're calling "leaks", should be referred to as something else, because none of them are actually "leaks".

And "leaker", is another word which hasn't been used incorrectly for quite awhile. A word that'd fit the "leakers" better, is "rumourmongerers".
I literally said that two pages ago. Granted, I went into a rant questioning the rumormongers' intelligence and emotional maturity while I was at it, while pointing out that genuine leakers are committing career suicide and the online fame gained from leaking can't possibly be worth that, so actual leakers are also stupid, which makes the rumormongers even more stupid for believing that people will respect them if they can somehow convince them that they're actual leakers, plus the ruse is doomed to fail anyway due to actual leakers being virtually nonexistent due to leaking being a "shoot your hands off"-level-stupid thing to do...

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I literally said that last page. Granted, I went into a rant questioning the rumormongers' intelligence and emotional maturity while I was at it, while pointing out that genuine leakers are committing career suicide and the online fame gained from leaking can't possibly be worth that, so actual leakers are also stupid, which makes the rumormongers even more stupid for believing that people will respect them if they can somehow convince them that they're actual leakers, plus the ruse is doomed to fail anyway due to actual leakers being virtually nonexistent due to leaking being a "shoot your hands off"-level-stupid thing to do...
Oh, I'm sorry. I don't usually read through all of the long posts, it's difficult.

EDIT BOYYY: Well, it seems my apology, has been RETRACTED!
Yep. They've been calling her "shantal" for a couple weeks now.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Yep. They've been calling her "shantal" for a couple weeks now.
Longer than a few weeks. I was lurking Gamefaqs for a while before i learned about this thread and a bunch of Gamfaqers were already bleeting that around (tho i think it was mostly one guy with a bunch of clone accounts and a few others who could tell it was one guy but still thought it was funny to go along)

Grimacebsx

Smash Apprentice
One thing to take away from all these "leaks" is that people in the community seem to be getting more convinced on Shantae's chances.

I mean a month or so ago none of the leaks would ever mention her and now she seems to be listed as an AT in all of them.

These "leaks" are always made by fans paying attention (to some degree) to how things are progressing and now more and more of them feel the need to include Shantae. Either they are worried about her getting in and trying to discourage fans, or they are seeing her being included is more and more likely, but not ready to admit she has a good shot at being a fighter.
Just give it some time. When we get closer to December you may see something from these "leakers" of shantae being a fighter with her own stage probably the lighthouse and risky's ship, holly lingerbean as an echo fighter, and risky as an assist trophy.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Just give it some time. When we get closer to December you may see something from these "leakers" of shantae being a fighter with her own stage probably the lighthouse and risky's ship, holly lingerbean as an echo fighter, and risky as an assist trophy.
I think all of that is a bit much to hope for. Really only the part about getting an echo seems unlikely to me. I mean, when Shantea gets in, a good number of people aren't going to know much about her, so they Definitely won't know who Holly is (Not to mention that her hair would require different hit boxes and we don;t even know if what she said about being a half genie was true, so her using all of Shantae's abilities might not make sense)

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Just gonna say, if we get an announcement on the 24th or whatever for a 25th Direct it all but guarantees to me a Shantae reveal given it would line up perfectly with Pirate's Curse debut on the Switch in Japan.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I don't get why people believe 4Chan fake text leaks. Everyone and their grandmother can make one.

No matter how detailed people make them, they never offer any proof that they're real. These are people who are either doing it for the attention or to ruffle feathers.

I personally don't buy any news unless it's from Sakurai and Nintendo themselves.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Here's some nightmare fuel, imagine Shantae with this face.

Smug Rei Ayanami lol.jpg

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Just gonna say, if we get an announcement on the 24th or whatever for a 25th Direct it all but guarantees to me a Shantae reveal given it would line up perfectly with Pirate's Curse debut on the Switch in Japan.
What if Wayforward are keeping another Shantae related thing secret, until that time, for the Western fans? Of course, her appearing in Smash would certainly already be enough to satisfy us, but I could see Wayforward announcing something else around that time. Maybe not even something Shantae related, just a new project from Wayforward would be cool.

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
Throw me on the supporter list if you've got one. I've actually played every Shantae game ever released, due to fate and randomness in my childhood that left me with a GBC and only Pokemon Silver and Shantae. I've enjoyed every game (Pirate's Curse is the best imo), backed Half Genie Hero, but haven't loved it to the point of trumpeting my support for the franchise like I've done for Golden Sun.

However, I saw Wayforward's campaign for Shantae back during the ballot and actually voted for her along with Isaac and Sami from Advance Wars. Add in the fact that Cristina Vee is by far my favorite voice actor and I would absolutely be playing her hardcore as a character loyalist (hopefully together with Isaac/Felix) in Smash Ultimate.

I'm also really, really excited for the situational evidence of her in Smash, specifically the silence by Wayforward and the inclusion of K.Rool, Chrom, Ridley and Dark Samus, even Shovel Knight as an assist. I know all these leaks are like "Ken and steeeeeve", but I've got more faith in the evidence. Or maybe I just want to believe.

Last edited:

Grimacebsx

Smash Apprentice
I think all of that is a bit much to hope for. Really only the part about getting an echo seems unlikely to me. I mean, when Shantea gets in, a good number of people aren't going to know much about her, so they Definitely won't know who Holly is (Not to mention that her hair would require different hit boxes and we don;t even know if what she said about being a half genie was true, so her using all of Shantae's abilities might not make sense)
You're probably right but too many people are expecting the worst anyway I'd prefer to wish for the best. ( and i don't think it's that crazy since we got richter and isabelle) Holly did say she "might" make a surprise appearance. But as far as the moveset as long as they get creative it might work. But the quote aside i do think risky is the better choice.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
What if Wayforward are keeping another Shantae related thing secret, until that time, for the Western fans? Of course, her appearing in Smash would certainly already be enough to satisfy us, but I could see Wayforward announcing something else around that time. Maybe not even something Shantae related, just a new project from Wayforward would be cool.
Seriously. My biggest dream is for Nintendo to make a "bayonetta 2" kind of deal with Wayforward and fund her next game as a Nintendo exclusive. Maybe make it her big debut into 3D, Like her Mario 64. With amiibo functionality to give her costumes of the human amiibo figures and transformations of the non-humanoid figures....

I mean, a guy can dream...

D

Deleted member

Huh

Why do I get the feeling shantae is gonna be revealed as a fighter next week?

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
A new game would be pretty nice. Of any franchise, really.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Sooo uhhh anyone gonna answer why Nintendo ads on youtube (ones they curate and actively CHOOSE btw) are showcasing HGH right now...a 2 year old third party game?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Sooo uhhh anyone gonna answer why Nintendo ads on youtube (ones they curate and actively CHOOSE btw) are showcasing HGH right now...a 2 year old third party game?
Well, Half-Genie Hero: Ultimate Edition is only 5 months old, and I assume the advertisements are for that?

Oh did someone remember me?
You sneaky little bugger you.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
man the smash drought is making everyone nuts... Sakurai or nintendo needs to administer something quickly...

Stephano

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I got a tough question for y’all. What would you rather have,
1) Shantae be in SSBU
2) Have a Shantae game released Q4 of Next year?

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
omg, Dylly the prophet, he predicted something from NIS with shantae the other day :O
DYLLY IS A LEAKER! BIG CONFIRMED!

Also man, why is it that whenever a leak mentions Shantae as an AT, it's just offhandedly. Usually also it's one of the only ATs they mention.
It's almost as if they just don't like Shantae and would rather she not be a fighter or something... :ohwell:

Stephano

Smash Journeyman
OKAY SO IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS BEEN SEEING THOSE.
I’ve been seeing those everywhere. I never understood why.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Okay, I got a tough question for y’all. What would you rather have,
1) Shantae be in SSBU
2) Have a Shantae game released Q4 of Next year?
Geez, ouch.
I think I'd rather her be in Ultimate really, it'd be much better for Wayforward, they'd get a lot more attention, and eventually when the next game is released, there'd be a lot more buzz surrounding it than there would be if she didn't make it in.

DYLLY IS A LEAKER! BIG CONFIRMED!
Oh no, my cover has been blown!

Call in the squad, I need backup immediately!

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Let's hope October 24th goes by uneventfully.
No stupid we WANT that to have something. fake leaks can "happen" on the same day as a real one.

stop getting your panties in a twist over another BS leak with no backing to it.

Top Bottom