• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Regardless what you believe, the leaker who revealed Cloud (I think) mentioned a leak that upset Nintendo and it isn't the Ken leak (!!).
Cloud got leaked!? AND there's a real image leak out there? Now I'm scared (and probably on Teeb's ignore list now).

The Geno image is nice, but what's the stage on the back ?
It looks like the Wii Fit studio, IMO.

Last edited:

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Regardless what you believe, the leaker who revealed Cloud (I think) mentioned a leak that upset Nintendo and it isn't the Ken leak (!!).
Oh I thought we were talking about the random post under a youtube video which was shared here, my bad.
I guess this guys is reliable.
Too bad no image leak of Shantae surfaced x)

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
They might've discussed that in the geno thread, you could try asking them what they thought about it if youre curious enough :p
looks a bit like the training stage to me. (was it wii fit? i forget..)
Leak or not, I really believe that Geno is a lock for this game... just a gutt feeling ( not that I care about him )

EDIT : oh woopsie, I thought someone posted after me.... Dylly, please overlook this :p

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah, her hair... and GUNS!
Ill take whatever they give us, but I prefer the magic route :)
Transformation would be fine too, if they can pull it off.

Cloud got leaked!? AND there's a real image leak out there? Now I'm scared (and probably on Teeb's ignore list now).

It looks like the Wii Fit studio, IMO.
Ya aint on it yet.
But I have to ask, why you scared about an image leak you know nothing about and could be anything?

Last edited:

NukeA6

Smash Master

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Ill take whatever they give us, but I prefer the magic route :)
Transformation would be fine too, if they can pull it off.

Ya aint on it yet.
But I have to ask, why you scared about an image leak you know nothing about and could be anything?
TBH, I'm just trying to avoid credible leaks; my only worry with these image leaks is that it'd mean even less space for Shantae, so nothing directly affecting her. And also, I wasn't saying I was scared of any particular leak. I was just saying what stage it looked like that 1 Geno one was.

Leak or not, I really believe that Geno is a lock for this game... just a gutt feeling ( not that I care about him )

EDIT : oh woopsie, I thought someone posted after me.... Dylly, please overlook this :p
Yeah, Geno is really likely, even when ignoring Dark Lord Vergeben. I considered him a near-lock beforehand just because he had Sakurai's support on top of a whopping amount of fan-support.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I shall leave now, to make my mistake forgiven... :p
Have a good night and hopefully some new info will be dropped at us soon ! ugh
You dont have to leave? (thought dylly was going to respond..)
I say that but im about to leave myself :p

TBH, I'm just trying to avoid credible leaks; my only worry with these image leaks is that it'd mean even less space for Shantae, so nothing indirectly affecting her. And also, I wasn't saying I was scared of any particular leak. I was just saying what stage it looked like that 1 Geno one was.

Yeah, Geno is really likely, even when ignoring Dark Lord Vergeben. I considered him a near-lock beforehand just because he had Sakurai's support on top of a whopping amount of fan-support.
Well, it's hard to tell when youre serious or not, youve seemed pretty serious/literal up to now.
It is what it is. No need to be scared. just like there's no need to believe leaks. The truth will come out with the directs. :)
We dont know how many slots there are, there could be 1 to 8 for all we know (pre-dlc), People claim things, and sometimes get stuff right. Doesn't close off further possibilities, but just try your best to stay open. as much as you can, i guess.

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Cloud was leaked? I didn't know Cloud was ever leaked. I'm guessing maybe his lack of ties to Nintendo stopped the rumor from spreading around? Anyway, when is the Smash Direct coming?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Cloud was leaked? I didn't know Cloud was ever leaked. I'm guessing maybe his lack of ties to Nintendo stopped the rumor from spreading around? Anyway, when is the Smash Direct coming?
There are rumors that it's gonna happen in the 24-26th range, but we don't know, yet. We're definitely gonna get something before the end of November.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I don't recall him ever being leaked as well. It was a shock to everyone.

D

Deleted member

There's been word that a recent leak has "ruffled some feathers". Could this be it?

If so, RIP Shantae.
https://imgur.com/a/YLB1Z6D
Isaac as an assist again while being heavily requested?

Lolololololololololololol

Decidueye over inceniroar? worlds collide instead of spirits?

Lololololololololololololx2

My uncle can make a better leak than this one

And the shantae as an assist always gets me every time in every fake leak

One more thing talking about reveal trailers are FAKE!

Grimacebsx

Smash Apprentice
As a general rule i only take leaks seriously a day before the announcement. Any before than don't really add to speculation for me.

MagusOfIllusions

Smash Cadet
Lol for all we know it could be the Coro coro magazine image that states 108 stages are in that is messing with Nintendo.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Honestly, I'm sure Shantae is in the game, but I'm still 50/50 on whether she's a fighter or an assist. I don't think she'd be just an assist, but...I also thought Simon was a lock for Sm4sh, and he didn't join the fight til Ultimate.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
I really hope you're right, because I'm terrified beyond reason right now.
Why are you willing to pay attention to 4chan text leaks? For all we know, it could just be someone who has a hate boner for us all. You have to calm down, because you flipping your lid at practically every single "leak" that says "Shantae's an Assist Trophy" is not going to help. And neither will you happen if you just keep stubbornly think that Shantae's going to be a lock-in as a fighter. I'm sorry to everyone on the Shantae support thread, but I can welcome Shantae if she's in as an assist trophy, because it does mean that Sakurai and Sora has listened to us. And the entire thing will not change my opinion on WayForward.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Honestly, I'm sure Shantae is in the game, but I'm still 50/50 on whether she's a fighter or an assist. I don't think she'd be just an assist, but...I also thought Simon was a lock for Sm4sh, and he didn't join the fight til Ultimate.
Well, for me, her being a fighter is the only things that covers EVERYTHING we've gone over. Her being an assist would cover their radio silence, but Yacht Club wasn't silent as long as them, so there is still some time where their silence would be unexplained.

And her absence from all the indie fighters makes more sense for her being a fighter, because if she was an assist then the only reason she wouldn't be in would be because Matt or WF didn't want her in them.

And although Jammies could have all been a reference to Smash just because of her being an assist, it seems a little overkill. I mean Bayonetta added a little text screen as a hint that Rodin would be showing up as an assist, but not the script for an entire game mode.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
As a representative of the Isaac thread, I can very soundly say that this leak is almost certainly false. While the newcomer choices seem plausible, what give it away is the idea that the final trailer is in the demo and, thus, only available to those who have the demo. It seems illogical for Nintendo to not get this final trailer, if it is more hype then all the others, to as many people as possible marketing wise. Besides, RAYMAN as an assist trophy. No. That also kills it more then seeing Shantae or Isaac as it would make no sense to put Rayman as an assist when Ubisoft has Brawlhalla, a competing game where Rayman is a playable character, to agree to have Rayman be relegated to a side show in a competing game. If Rayman is Ultimate, he will be playable. Those two things limit the leak in its believability.

Prodis

Smash Rookie
Well, he's a long time lurker. I've seen him snooping around here a couple times, although never posting, and never liking...
Sorry, I'm just a bit timid. I assure you I am a very avid supporter for the Half Genie Hero.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I'm sorry to everyone on the Shantae support thread, but I can welcome Shantae if she's in as an assist trophy, because it does mean that Sakurai and Sora has listened to us. And the entire thing will not change my opinion on WayForward.
Hey, I agree with that.

As long as her existence is at least acknowledged in the game, I'm good. I'd prefer her be playable, but her even only making it in as a normal trophy, would still make me satisfied enough.

Sorry, I'm just a bit timid. I assure you I am a very avid supporter for the Half Genie Hero.
Hey, Prodis.

Nice to finally see you! :)

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
There's been word that a recent leak has "ruffled some feathers". Could this be it?

If so, RIP Shantae.
https://imgur.com/a/YLB1Z6D
Let me throw my thoughts on this "leak", it's garbage. Text leaks that have this much detail are always fake. There are a ton of text leaks like this that have come and gone that ended up being definite fakes. 4chan is a website where anyone can write whatever they want without much effort. I can make an easy fake leak if I want right now. Don't you find it weird that the assist trophies listed are characters with sizeable fanbases and this person has this much detail about Vergeben's leakers. Sounds like a bunch of fanfiction to me. Even if this guy gets the date right, there has been many leaks with false information that has done this. My advice is to not believe anything that isn't Sakurai or Nintendo

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
One thing to take away from all these "leaks" is that people in the community seem to be getting more convinced on Shantae's chances.

I mean a month or so ago none of the leaks would ever mention her and now she seems to be listed as an AT in all of them.

These "leaks" are always made by fans paying attention (to some degree) to how things are progressing and now more and more of them feel the need to include Shantae. Either they are worried about her getting in and trying to discourage fans, or they are seeing her being included is more and more likely, but not ready to admit she has a good shot at being a fighter.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Any news on the Shantae front while I took a weekend off?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So is Pirate's curse getting a physical Switch release in Japan or purely digital?

While I was away I watched some RPG maker tutorials to see if I could wrap my head around it and now I know how to change the title screen! (Learning is a slow process.)

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
So is Pirate's curse getting a physical Switch release in Japan or purely digital?

While I was away I watched some RPG maker tutorials to see if I could wrap my head around it and now I know how to change the title screen! (Learning is a slow process.)
I think it was just released onto the Japanese Switch eshop. Oh, but related to that, suddenly out of nowhere Pirate's Curse got a new rating of T.

Top Bottom