• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Okay, I got a tough question for y’all. What would you rather have,
1) Shantae be in SSBU
2) Have a Shantae game released Q4 of Next year?
I would still rather have her in Smash. They will eventually make her a new game, but you never know when the last Smash Bros (headed by Sakurai anyway) will be. Each one he says it's his last one, and this time he basically didn't even take a break between Smash 4 and Ultimate.

I really wouldn't be surprised if this is his last Smash game and it would be amazing if Shantae could get that Sakurai level of detail and polish before he bows out.

Plus the money and publicity WF gets from her being in Smash just means that her next game after that will probably have all that more funding and support.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
It's bad when I try to deliberately disable my AdBlock on Nintendo's YouTube videos and I still can't get an ad playing on there!
I have youtube premium, so I have to take everyone's word for it. Still these ads showing up are probably just targeted by algorithms. They see we do searches for "Shantae" and then feed that info into the ad pool. Now if we had evidence of people who don't seek out Shantae info getting the same ads... Now that would be interesting.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Okay, if she does only make it in as an assist trophy, I still think it will gain Shantae quite a lot of attention, any role in Smash is huge, which seems to be something some people have forgotten.

There is no "be all end all" prize in Smash.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Posting my thoughts on the ruffled feathers/image leak ****. For context, the dude posting it alluded to Cloud on NeoGAF before his announcement using Star Wars references (Episode VII = FFVII. Blonde Protagonist = Cloud. Bespin City Stage = Midgar Stage). Keep in mind, he doesn't like to directly leak anything.

As for the actual substance, here's my thoughts on it that I posted on GFAQs:

"I'm going on the notion that the supposed leak being alluded to is not actually publicly out in the wild yet. None of the recent image leaks look real and Tansut isn't sure either. He's only assuming it is because Nintendo reacted to it. (https://www.resetera.com/threads/super-.73893/page-130#post-13867387)

I would assume it's one that is already out there, otherwise I'm not sure why anyone would be talking about it.
All Nintendo has to do is know it exists to be upset about it. If one exists then the possibility for multiple leaks exists and that requires immediate action on Nintendo's part. With how anti-leak Nintendo is being with this game, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of moles in insider circles just to keep an eye on what's going through the woodwork."

Needless to say, I don't think it's much to worry about just yet.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Okay, I got a tough question for y’all. What would you rather have,
1) Shantae be in SSBU
2) Have a Shantae game released Q4 of Next year?
Well the only reason I bough HGH and PC is because of Smash... and if I could get one video-game related wish, it'd be either Shantae or Bandana Dee in Smash as a fighter.... hmmmm.....

Option 1. #ShantaeforSmash

Edit: Sorry if I came of as rude about it.

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Posting my thoughts on the ruffled feathers/image leak ****. For context, the dude posting it alluded to Cloud on NeoGAF before his announcement using Star Wars references (Episode VII = FFVII. Blonde Protagonist = Cloud. Bespin City Stage = Midgar Stage). Keep in mind, he doesn't like to directly leak anything.

As for the actual substance, here's my thoughts on it that I posted on GFAQs:

"I'm going on the notion that the supposed leak being alluded to is not actually publicly out in the wild yet. None of the recent image leaks look real and Tansut isn't sure either. He's only assuming it is because Nintendo reacted to it. (https://www.resetera.com/threads/super-.73893/page-130#post-13867387)

All Nintendo has to do is know it exists to be upset about it. If one exists then the possibility for multiple leaks exists and that requires immediate action on Nintendo's part. With how anti-leak Nintendo is being with this game, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of moles in insider circles just to keep an eye on what's going through the woodwork."

Needless to say, I don't think it's much to worry about just yet.
Moles you say? Preposterous! Now if you will excuse me...

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
So, question. Do we know that Nintendo is mad about a leak that's out there? This is something I've just heard about today.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
So, question. Do we know that Nintendo is mad about a leak that's out there? This is something I've just heard about today.
All we know is what the Resetera guy said. Nintendo's feathers were ruffled because of something. He assumes a leak and it's not exactly preposterous to assume as such. Problem is, the community nor the guy who said it know which leak it could possibly be.

D

Deleted member

Ok what I'm gonna say is obviously 1000000% stretching tinfoil and stupid for all of you but……

Dose Cristinas dress from the shantae tweet resemble the smash logo?
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Ok what I'm gonna say is obviously 1000000% stretching tinfoil and stupid for all of you but……

Dose Cristinas dress from the shantae tweet resemble the smash logo?
There was a problem fetching the tweet
That's really a stretch, even by tinfoil standards. It's a pretty funny find tho :)

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I think we’ve really hit that part of waiting for news.

I guess we are merrily on our way to nowhere in particular.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I think we’ve really hit that part of waiting for news.

I guess we are merrily on our way to nowhere in particular.
I want to just say Woomy, because that's a random unrelated thing that we have come to.

And to make it Shantae-related: (Fan art by Kyattsuai7)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I noticed in runbow that shantaes lines are recycled from PC. So if she was an assist then they would have done the same thing and Cristina would not know just like the others but I don't think all of this leads to an assist because she isint saying smash possibly nda her lines would actually be a fighter and given her teasing with shantae (liking smash tweet,shantae tweet with her) she really has a secure spot in the roster and with that rumored direct date between 2 shantae dates (24th) she is super duper likely to be in a fighter revival. and of course let's not forget the possible exclusivity clause.

Sorry about what I said it just came in my mind

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I noticed in runbow that shantaes lines are recycled from PC. So if she was an assist then they would have done the same thing and Cristina would not know just like the others but I don't think all of this leads to an assist because she isint saying smash possibly nda her lines would actually be a fighter and given her teasing with shantae (liking smash tweet,shantae tweet with her) she really has a secure spot in the roster and with that rumored direct date between 2 shantae dates (24th) she is super duper likely to be in a fighter revival. and of course let's not forget the possible exclusivity clause.

Sorry about what I said it just came in my mind
That part about the recycled lines makes a lot of sense, actually. Literally all they would need to do is reuse "Ret-2-Go!", along with some "grunts" she uses when she attacks, and some screams when she gets hit/KO'd (and maybe "Transform!", if she'd use that as an AT). (Edit: Assuming Cristina IS under a Smash-related NDA,) They could do the same if she's a fighter, but 1: if she does have a role with new-lines, there'd be no good reason for it to be an Assist Trophy. It wouldn't be impossible, but it wouldn't make sense. and 2: They'd be better off recording new lines, especially since she would need victory quotes besides "All Clear".

Good find, Connor. Stephano Stephano I think we should add that to the spreadsheet.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Wow, that has much larger implications, beyond simple Smash speculation...

Btw, have I told you yet about how much I love your avatar? May I see the source please, Sneaky?
Don’t think too much about going merrily on our way. The part I mentioned is, after all, a part of a song from a Disney movie.

As for the avatar, I found it here.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Got off work a little bit ago, how are things going around here?

Have I ever mentioned how much I love Cristina Vee?
Have I ever mentioned how much I love the Real Ghostbusters? Because your new avatar reminded me that I might not have voiced that opinion to everyone yet.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Have I ever mentioned how much I love the Real Ghostbusters? Because your new avatar reminded me that I might not have voiced that opinion to everyone yet.
I was testing out that image, I was trying to readjust it, it wasn’t working yet, I’ll try again later. And yes I love that cartoon, it’s severly underappreciated.

(Sorry Dylly, that was by accident)

EDIT: There we go, I'll change it back to Pidge after spooky month is over

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I was testing out that image, I was trying to readjust it, it wasn’t working yet, I’ll try again later. And yes I love that cartoon, it’s severly underappreciated.

(Sorry Dylly, that was by accident)

EDIT: There we go, I'll change it back to Pidge after spooky month is over
Seriously, Janine, April O'Neil, Ariel... My entire childhood was hellbent on giving me this redhead fetish...

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Aside from Shantae's release on the switch over in Japan happening a week from now? Not necessarily. It's just people dying over the lack of information and fake leaks. I think that the release of Pirate's Curse is smelling ridiculously tinny, however.
tinny you say?

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
You're not alone. Virtually every game where I can create a female avatar character, she has red hair.
Nintendo has been really getting me mad lately because of that. No proper red hair for miis, no red hair for the pokemon protagonists... Like what the ever loving heck?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Seriously, Janine, April O'Neil, Ariel... My entire childhood was hellbent on giving me this redhead fetish...
Same here, except in my case I ended up with
AF3146E7-3713-4912-96DD-B5E44D1302C1.jpeg

1A33B489-CCD7-4756-B103-8F8C2E079BDD.jpeg

26A2D409-DD9B-4515-AB94-8F89480508C2.png

517D5D88-C1DA-4354-B991-92A873FF2D5E.png

A520334D-A353-44F6-A4C0-36DAD2724ABC.jpeg

B85F2353-C7A8-44D0-ABA4-29C1138D3D94.jpeg

Nintendo has been really getting me mad lately because of that. No proper red hair for miis, no red hair for the pokemon protagonists... Like what the ever loving heck?
So, Celica for Ultimate?

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I don't know if there is any ginger Rotty fanart either. What a sad world we live in. :(
I don't know if you could make Rotty a ginger tho. I mean i can't see changing anything on her that would be an improvement. Plus orange hair and green face, she would look like a reverse pumpkin.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I don't know if you could make Rotty a ginger tho. I mean i can't see changing anything on her that would be an improvement. Plus orange hair and green face, she would look like a reverse pumpkin.
Even if it looks bad, it still has to be done. It has to happen.

Maybe it would work better in her human form?
Eww, horrid!

Top Bottom