• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
You can feel whatever you want. The scientific method doesn't care about your feelings. It cares about facts
And in this case, the fact is due to how NDA's work its impossible to know what they say with 100% certainty.
if something's unclear though, i am still allowed to have my own interpretation of things.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
If I'm not mistaken, I remember people saying that WayForward was replying with the standard "We have no news about Shantae at this time!" or something akin to that.

However, I can't find it so sorry if I'm wrong Embarrass
Oh yeah, I saw that when they were talking about their Kickstarter completion. Of course, just because they have no news they can announce about her at this time...

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Good morning! How're you all?

I hope you all slept well. :3

Damn, this sounds like some real good drama right here. You should get this published!

Geez, what kind of game is this then? Is the super crown in it, or something?

I could make multiple jokes about Simpleflips here, but none of you would probably get them. :/
Indeed. How are you today?

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Here's some Shantae news!
PC's hitting Japan (again) on Switch on the 25th!

Okay now THAT'S a big think, PC gets announced for a JP re-release and then a leak says we're getting a big info dump the day before......
View attachment 169175
Hmmm...
I've been away the past several days. What leak is this?

Definitely seems suspicious, though!

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
If I'm not mistaken, I remember people saying that WayForward was replying with the standard "We have no news about Shantae at this time!" or something akin to that.

However, I can't find it so sorry if I'm wrong Embarrass
It would always happen in comment sections. There would be either a post WF made them selves or a post someone else made that WF would wither share or comment on. Then people in the comment section would start asking questions. If the questions were about her being in some other indie game or Shantae getting a new game of her own, the answer would always be along the lines of "We have nothing to announce at this time" but were the questions ever about her being in Smash, they wouldn't be acknowledged at all.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
NDA's are not the same across the board, they're different for each contract, though typically a company will use similar ones again, so we can at least assume a little that the timing of when it can be disclosed, for nintendo, is when it's announced, since Yatch Club was able to talk about Shovel Knight after he was revealed.
This is close to what TheCJBrine TheCJBrine mentioned.

And to counter that argument, I brought up Yacht Club Games, who, if I am not mistaken, started talking about Shovel Knight Assist Trophy as soon as he was revealed in the 8/8 Direct.
This will most likely be important to note for nintendo contracts. but other than that it's hard to say exactly what cristina's voicing projects are and if it's just for smash. That said, it's safe to assume she'd be under one even for an assist trophy, so who knows really. (in the case she's the voice actress)

And who decided that?
The scientific method.
Yeah. It's normal to play devil's advocate in order to strengthen theories. It helps to get good information as concrete as possible, making sure that what's thought to be the case is in line with the reality of things. It's like putting your equipment to the test, stress-testing it to see if it works well.

That said, a lot of times it's better to make it a bit more clear that you're not opposing someone or their views but just countering to test the theories.
Not everyone likes to feel like their views are being opposed, especially if they're attached to them or are sensitive.
But yes in general when someone is comfortable it can be good to verify and be able to strengthen a view so that it holds well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've been away the past several days. What leak is this?

Definitely seems suspicious, though!
The leak said that we might be getting a direct on the 24th in USA time making it the 25th Japan time it might come on during the late afternoon or evening for us

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Then you are a fool.
Finally showed you true colors, huh?
Looks like my suspicions were correct...

NDA's are not the same across the board, they're different for each contract, though typically a company will use similar ones again, so we can at least assume a little that the timing of when it can be disclosed, for nintendo, is when it's announced, since Yatch Club was able to talk about Shovel Knight after he was revealed.
This is close to what TheCJBrine TheCJBrine mentioned.

This will most likely be important to note for nintendo contracts. but other than that it's hard to say exactly what cristina's voicing projects are and if it's just for smash. That said, it's safe to assume she'd be under one even for an assist trophy, so who knows really. (in the case she's the voice actress)

Yeah. It's normal to play devil's advocate in order to strengthen theories. It helps to get good information as concrete as possible, making sure that what's thought to be the case is in line with the reality of things. It's like putting your equipment to the test, stress-testing it to see if it works well.

That said, a lot of times it's better to make it a bit more clear that you're not opposing someone or their views but just countering to test the theories.
Not everyone likes to feel like their views are being opposed, especially if they're attached to them or are sensitive.
But yes in general when someone is comfortable it can be good to verify and be able to strengthen a view so that it holds well.
It's a personal decision to make though.
Either you want to do it or you don't. And both options are fine.
There is no law telling you what you should do with your feelings.

And berating someone for not doing the advocate is not okay.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Finally showed you true colors, huh?
Looks like my suspicions were correct...

It's a personal decision to make though.
Either you want to do it or you don't. And both options are fine.
There is no law telling you what you should do with your feelings.

And berating someone for not doing the advocate is not okay.
I agree there's better ways to treat people.
Though ProtoTwi did say that you have 'absolutely' the right to your own interpretations.
So I feel that even though that statement('fool') was harsh (and may be partly a joke), that he's not saying you cant have your own thoughts.

The thing is that you ARE free to not debate them. It's just the ideas talked about are general/easy thoughts in regards to the theories people are talking here, so they're free game, so they can talk about them and counter the theories freely.
The hard part may be detaching from them enough to see them simply as thoughts and theories, and debate them to strength-test them.

If you dont want to debate them, you're free to do so as well (I mean, to withhold or only share), and I hope they can respect that and discuss them with someone else instead if they still want to.

Last edited:

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
I agree there's better ways to treat people.
Though ProtoTwi did say that you have 'absolutely' the right to your own interpretations.
So I feel that even though that statement('fool') was harsh (and may be partly a joke), that he's not saying you cant have your own thoughts.

The thing is that you ARE free to not debate them. It's just the ideas talked about are general/easy thoughts in regards to the theories people are talking here, so they're free game, so they can talk about them and counter the theories freely.
The hard part may be detaching from them enough to see them simply as thoughts and theories, and debate them to strength-test them.

If you dont want to debate them, you're free to do so as well (I mean, to withhold or only share), and I hope they can respect that and discuss them with someone else instead if they still want to.
I wish I was this eloquent.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
The thing is we knew she would voice Shantae for Indivisible as soon as Shantae herself was announced. So that right there can't be used as a reason for her silence. Everyone knows that if Shantae requires voice work then Cristina Vee is the person you contact.
Okay, I completely forgot this was a possibility in things so yeah, Indivisible CAN'T count towards the secrecy thing. This would only apply towards projects where her involvement would tip things off before the company was ready, so yeah, thanks for the correction, mate.

Wait...

Are we all just going to bypass this phrase "fingers in the pie"?

I'm so fascinated with idioms.
where's that come from?

As for the idiom, gimme a sec. **googles** Let's see. Right, I'm just going to link to this, my good fellow!
https://www.bloomsbury-internationa...iom-of-the-week/1671-finger-in-every-pie.html

In short, back in the old days, it means someone's gotten greedy and helped himself to sampling the grandmothers' freshly baked pies...and ALL of them at that. Shakespeare basically immortalized the phrase in his play which is why is probably more well known than most idioms. Also, nowadays it refers to people who have an active hand in a lot of different things, whether up front or behind the scenes. It can be good or bad, depending on your perspective.

Last edited:

TJKBird

Smash Cadet
And why am I not allowed to assume that?
I mean, we all agree that Shantae is very likely to be in the game in some form.
So if that's the case, why can I not assume she is doing voice work for Smash? o_O

If you agree with it, why bring up opposing views at all?
It really doesn't make it look like you agree with it...

Never said otherwise.
I was just trying to understand, why she would still be under an NDA over something that was already announced?

Sorry, but you got it completely wrong.
The issue wasn't Yacht Club Games talking about Shovel Knight.

It was about Vee's Twitter Post, where she hinted that she completed voice work for something secret or something like that.
What exactly she is hinting at is anyone's guess.

However it makes sense to rule out a role for her, that was already revealed at that point.
But someone arguied she still is under an NDA, even though her involvement in that project, was revealed already at that point in time.

And to counter that argument, I brought up Yacht Club Games, who, if I am not mistaken, started talking about Shovel Knight Assist Trophy as soon as he was revealed in the 8/8 Direct.
You seem to be under the impression that because Yacht Club games was able to speak about their inclusion in Smash after SK's reveal that Vee would be able to talk about her role in Icons after its reveal. As many have stated not all NDA's are the same, there is not one contract that every company just copy and pastes, they all draw up their own contracts and can set different limitations.

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
You seem to be under the impression that because Yacht Club games was able to speak about their inclusion in Smash after SK's reveal that Vee would be able to talk about her role in Icons after its reveal. As many have stated not all NDA's are the same, there is not one contract that every company just copy and pastes, they all draw up their own contracts and can set different limitations.
At this point, I don't care anymore.
Just believe what you wish.

I'm done arguing...

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
I don't see the problem; he's just explaining NDA's.

It's not like WayForward isn't already acting suspicious :S
If you express something and get nothing but flak and resentment, you will eventually feel people are against you.
Sorry but all this speaking up and the feeling of getting constantly spit in the face for doing it, is just mentally exhausting.

There is a lack of empathy in general, but dang...

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Since every view can be visited and revisited, there's no need to take sides, especially because what we want is the truth.

If this weren't about finding out what's what, we might hold certain positions stronger, but we don't need to.
(And we can still hold open to great potential :))

If you express something and get nothing but flak and resentment, you will eventually feel people are against you.
Sorry but all this speaking up and the feeling of getting constantly spit in the face for doing it, is just mentally exhausting.

I'm sorry you feel that way paragon. It's true there's a lack of empathy, but that's generally how it is in society still.

The trick is to detach from your feelings when it comes to views like these (though they can still be motivated) that some people like to discuss coldly.
It's also hard to tell how someone feels in certain cases, especially just through written word. Most people here dont feel resentment or things like that when they talk or debate (like making it personal), though now that I say that it's not completely true, since they may feel 'some' amount of frustrations when something doesn't make sense to them or they hold a position they value. They certainly dont hold flak for sharing your views though.

There are ways to talk about things to be more considerate of others and their feelings. It's just hard sometimes to take both into account well.
My wish is for you and others to both feel good as well as able to discuss things freely :)

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Since every view can be visited and revisited, there's no need to take sides, especially because what we want is the truth.

If this weren't about finding out what's what, we might hold certain positions stronger, but we don't need to.
(And we can still hold open to great potential :))

I'm sorry you feel that way paragon. It's true there's a lack of empathy, but that's generally how it is in society still.

The trick is to detach from your feelings when it comes to views like these (though they can still be motivated) that some people like to discuss coldly.
It's also hard to tell how someone feels in certain cases, especially just through written word. Most people here dont feel resentment or things like that when they talk or debate (like making it personal), though now that I say that it's not completely true, since they may feel 'some' amount of frustrations when something doesn't make sense to them or they hold a position they value.

There are ways to talk about things to be more considerate of others and their feelings. It's just hard sometimes to take both into account well.
My wish is for you and others to both feel good as well as able to discuss things freely :)
Well, due to my social phobia, I cannot deal with aggression and stress as it is.
So discussing in a cold-hearted manner is nothing for me.

I rather have a polite discussion, than an "in your face" approach.
Because the latter feels disrespectful. But that's just me...

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well, due to my social phobia, I cannot deal with aggression and stress as it is.
So discussing in a cold-hearted manner is nothing for me.

I rather have a polite discussion, than an "in your face" approach.
Because the latter feels disrespectful. But that's just me...
Thanks for sharing that. It can help some people to know how you feel, more directly like that.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

I don't expect positive posts for their sake when I write something. Only likes.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Saw this, just from someone that apparently started working on a fan game,
it's cool to see shantae and k rool together like this:

:)

Bonus random art pic for yous:

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That's MUGEN though :p
It's cool that it's still pretty cool how it's still getting updates.
I thought so too, but the description said they were working on a fan game. unless it's based on mugen, i dont know.
Anyway, I was wondering about mugen, maybe there's some interesting matches with her online.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I thought so too, but the description said they were working on a fan game. unless it's based on mugen, i dont know.
Anyway, I was wondering about mugen, maybe there's some interesting matches with her online.
MUGEN's ancient though.

It's been around since before the beginning of the millennia for goodness sake. Really cool to know it's still being supported. :D

Teeb147

Smash Legend
MUGEN's ancient though.

It's been around since before the beginning of the millennia for goodness sake. Really cool to know it's still being supported. :D
Well any open source program that allows people to be creative is cool :)
Though I dont know how popular it is still.

I did find some matches, though it's a bit chaotic, but still interesting to see:

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The leak said that we might be getting a direct on the 24th in USA time making it the 25th Japan time it might come on during the late afternoon or evening for us
Over a week and a half? That'll be a long wait for a killswitch...:dizzy:

MUGEN's ancient though.

Shame that Ahuron and Orkimides eventually gave up on Card Sagas War and released what was finished of it though.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Man all these teasing by WF and Shantae's VA really is starting to really get me in the mood for some....something.....I got nothing.

Top Bottom