• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

A1Again

Smash Cadet
I know it doesn't mean much, but look at Vee's post from a few hours ago.
"Anybody wish for a half genie?"

Also, bad news...

... my sharpener broke. So now I have to wait a few hours for shops to open for the day before I can continue working on my sketch. I hope everybody is cheerful today.

Stephano

Smash Journeyman
Well, considering that I'm actually up at this hour of you sending that, means I got up WAY to early and that's gonna bite me super hard. But other than that, I'm okay I guess.
Dude I feel you. I have to get up at 4:45 AM every morning and spend 30 min driving and 30 min walking just to get to school.

I feel for you fam

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Hey, guys, I've been gone for almost a day. Did I miss anything important? I tried skimming all the pages i was absent for but you guys move fast. Did we ever get official word on an upcoming Direct?

Also Mrs.Milky Mrs.Milky I was lucky enough to notice your Rottytops painting. It was absolutely lovely, you are far too hard on yourself.
Sometimes you have to be hard on yourself to improve.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Hey guys here's something I could use your take on. If Dixie Kong gets in as a playable fighter, do you think that will hurt Shantae's chances as she fights with her hair like Shantae does? I personally don't, cause Shantae's special moves could easily carry her inclusion. It's just something that's been on my mind for a short while.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Hey guys here's something I could use your take on. If Dixie Kong gets in as a playable fighter, do you think that will hurt Shantae's chances as she fights with her hair like Shantae does? I personally don't, cause Shantae's special moves could easily carry her inclusion. It's just something that's been on my mind for a short while.
This is such a pointless thought to have.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Well, then there's two hair users. Problem?
How many sword users, gunners, and magic wielders are there again?

And also, hey! How are you? :D

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
I know it doesn't mean much, but look at Vee's post from a few hours ago.
"Anybody wish for a half genie?"

Also, bad news...

... my sharpener broke. So now I have to wait a few hours for shops to open for the day before I can continue working on my sketch. I hope everybody is cheerful today.
Is that the only thing she says in that tweet or did she show anything else besides that?

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
What was that tweet all about? She even tagged Matt and WayForward.
Toy stop tweeting to them "DOES THIS MEAN SMASH?!! Like you KNOW they arent going to answer! stop it, you're making us look bad!

Please.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Morning guys.

So if we are getting a direct this week we should hear about it in a few hours. at most 12 hours I beleive.

Pit93

Smash Apprentice
Toy stop tweeting to them "DOES THIS MEAN SMASH?!! Like you KNOW they arent going to answer! stop it, you're making us look bad!

Please.
Eh, who cares honestly? If you think back to Sm4sh and how much WF pushed for Shantae to the point that people started calling WF themselves obnoxious, I don't think they'd have the right to complain about fans doing the same thing now. And it's not like the tweets Toy the Gamer made in the past were malicious or anything. They were amusing at best and a little bit annoying at worst, everyone should take a chill pill on that front. ;)

Last edited:

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
Eh, who cares honestly? If you think back to Sm4sh and how much WF pushed for Shantae to the point that people started calling WF themselves obnoxious, I don't think they'd have the right to complain about fans doing the same thing now. And it's not like the tweets Toy the Gamer made in the past were malicious or anything. They were amusing at best and a little bit annoying at worst, everyone should take a chill pill on that front. ;)
Thank you Pit!

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion

Please.
Don't see how it's making anyone look bad. If anything, it helps show that there's an audience interested in having her playable whether or not she's already in.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Before I'm eyes deep in work, I want to say this about Christina Vee's tweet...that woman is smokin hot!

That is all. I'll probably see you guys this evening, so hype responsibly!

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Don't see how it's making anyone look bad. If anything, it helps show that there's an audience interested in having her playable whether or not she's already in.
Hmm, well I agree with you there.

It doesn't make us look bad, but I'd say it's pretty mean. We've talked a lot about how Wayforward must feel horrible not being able to answer the fan's pleas for her in Smash after all . I'd say it's just making them feel worse. :(

zferolie

Smash Hero
I am of the opinion its rude to keep badgering people about shantae. It makes us come accross as needy and stuff. Wayforward cannot say anything, so why keep asking? They will say something when they can say something.

Sure, you can make art of shantae and smash and push for her, but asking for wayforward to like or reply to a comment asking if she is in smash is a bit rude by now

Before I'm eyes deep in work, I want to say this about Christina Vee's tweet...that woman is smokin hot!

That is all. I'll probably see you guys this evening, so hype responsibly!
Whaqt tweet? something new?

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
I am of the opinion its rude to keep badgering people about shantae. It makes us come accross as needy and stuff. Wayforward cannot say anything, so why keep asking? They will say something when they can say something.

Sure, you can make art of shantae and smash and push for her, but asking for wayforward to like or reply to a comment asking if she is in smash is a bit rude by now
I didn't ask them for anything in that tweet.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005

Whaqt tweet? something new?
Here: https://twitter.com/CristinaVee/status/1049925767814098944/video/1

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord

Sure, you can make art of shantae and smash and push for her, but asking for wayforward to like or reply to a comment asking if she is in smash is a bit rude
Pretty much this.

And you don't think it's odd that they pushed for her during the Smash 4 ballot, only to go silent and ignore anything Smash related now?
tell me, why do you think that is?

The point is simply: No matter how much you ask, you won't get an answer. Because they most likely CAN'T give you an answer.
So stop badgering them.

Stop being an impatient little brat and wait patiently for official announcements.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
It doesn't make us look bad, but I'd say it's pretty mean. We've talked a lot about how Wayforward must feel horrible not being able to answer the fan's pleas for her in Smash after all . I'd say it's just making them feel worse.
I dunno. If anything, maybe it's making them feel excited themselves for surprising fans if she's in. I don't think it's really in our place to assume how they feel and thus, to dictate other people asking them or whatnot. It's a bit prude-ish.

Pit93

Smash Apprentice
And you don't think it's odd that they pushed for her during the Smash 4 ballot, only to go silent and ignore anything Smash related now?
tell me, why do you think that is?

The point is simply: No matter how much you ask, you won't get an answer. Because they most likely CAN'T give you an answer.
So stop badgering them.
I agree with the reasoning and that's why I'm so darn hopeful for Shantae as a fighter in Ultimate, I simply don't care about the badgering part. I myself haven't tweeted them even once (I don't even use Twitter ;) ), but I couldn't care less about people who do. It comes off as needy? Maybe because people are. I would consider myself needy for Shantae (and a few others) in Smash as well, so I wouldn't necessarily mind coming off as needy. XD

Stop being an impatient little brat and wait patiently for official announcements.
I see it as simple hyping, nothing as bad as you make it out to be. Seriously, when I see the toxicity that comes out of this community at times, I'm absolutely grateful for harmless stuff like this. :)

I also don't think the people at WF are sitting there thinking "Those damn Shantae-fans, that keep tweeting us about Shantae in Smash. Damn them!" :p
That's simply the way of the hype. :happysheep:

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Excuse it all you like.
You still won't get an answer, no matter how many times you ask.
Why wasting everybody's time?

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
I mean, if it annoys you, you can just ignore it. Not like it would hurt her chances anyway.
This is not about Shantae's chances, but simply about being a considerate person.

The common conseus here, is that WayForward is probably under an NDA.
They can't speak, even if they wanted to.
No amount of questions will change that.

And honestly, as fan-oriented as they are, I can imagine them not liking having to give their fans the cold shoulder like that.
Since this is not what they'd normally do.

And I think it's possible that the more questions they have to turn down, the worse they'll feel about it.
I simply wouldn't want to take that risk and contribute to that possibility of making them feel miserable.

That's why I don't want people to keep pestering them like this.

Either way, you won't get an answer. So you're just wasting your time.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Why do people want them so badly anyways?
After all, they are anime-exclusive characters, that didn't appear in the games at all.
Well, I know they appeared in Yellow and are set to appear the new games.
However, as far as the main continuity is concerned, they don't exist there.
Not to mention they single-handedly destroyed Team Rocket's reputation as a sinister, intimidating crime organization.
(And I said it once and I'll say it again, the anime is trash.)
Because we like them. That's all the reason we need. We don't need to justify why we want Meowth and Team Rocket in Smash. We just do.

Why are people even talking, let alone trash talking, about Meowth and Team Rocket on a Shantae support thread?

Last edited:
Top Bottom