• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
It doesn't seem like that though. I'm looking for help now, and all I'm getting is this:

I'll never improve if you keep bringing up my past mistakes. :(
Also, this is the 15,000th post in the thread. Unfortunate it had to be me doing this again, huh?

I just want people to care about me for once. :c
Why can't that ever happen?
Honestly I dont care about anyone's state of being as long it isnt causing arguments. m here to to discuss and speculate on Shantae's chances on getting in Smash, Im not here to be someone's counselor with the emotional and mental problems. Other people here might be up to handle that but Im not. This thread is about Shantae, and I dont care one way or another about any one particular user's personal problems.

Pit93

Smash Apprentice
I just want people to care about me for once. :c
Why can't that ever happen?
Well, if you ignore that people here actually show concern for you, then nobody can help you.
You also have to accept the sympathy that others have for you and not just brush it off.

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
We've gone from post about 6,900 to post 15,000 in a month. What the actual **** that's insane.
EDIT: Also we've jumped a total of 200 pages in that amount of time.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
We've gone from post about 6,900 to post 15,000 in a month. What the actual **** that's insane.
EDIT: Also we've jumped a total of 200 pages in that amount of time.
I dont pay attention to it but how the hell is Isaac thread still so far ahead? What they hell do they have to talk about with a two game dead series?

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Hmm, well it seems I had another little bout of negativity there, and I promised if that ever happened again, I would leave. I really want you guys to stay sane. So, I guess I should leave, for all of your sakes.

Take all of the hugs you can with you.

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Well, if you ignore that people here actually show concern for you, then nobody can help you.
You also have to accept the sympathy that others have for you and not just brush it off.
I agree, before I started talking here more, a lot of people were showing concern amd sympathy for dyl while he was out.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Hmm, well it seems I had another little bout of negativity there, and I promised if that ever happened again, I would leave. I really want you guys to stay sane. So, I guess I should leave, for all of your sakes.

Take all of the hugs you can with you.
Or, and this is a big or, you could stay and just think twice about posting something negative before you do it next time. You don't actually have to hit that orange "Post reply" button when you type out something negative, you just need to write it out and read over it a few times before deleting it.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Or, and this is a big or, you could stay and just think twice about posting something negative before you do it next time. You don't actually have to hit that orange "Post reply" button when you type out something negative, you just need to write it out and read over it a few times before deleting it.
I usually enjoy snark, but I'm not sure if it'll be helpful here.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
You know despite everything, I'm still impressed Dylly managed to snag the 15,000th post in this thread.

Pit93

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, well it seems I had another little bout of negativity there, and I promised if that ever happened again, I would leave.
Why so radical? Just do it step by step. If you set goals for yourself that are this strict and prone to be broken, you're bound to disappoint yourself. Set achievable goals one after the other, like "check before posting, if I've written something negative and completely unrelated".

Btw, I want hugs too. I'd give you one if I were there, but please accept this virtual hug and be a bit more lenient with yourself and the people trying to support you. :)

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I usually enjoy snark, but I'm not sure if it'll be helpful here.
I'm not being snarky, and I'm sorry if it came across that way, but it's some serious advice that actually works. Sometimes the keyboard feels like an extension of your emotions and you just type something and send it without thinking. Being able to control that emotional impulse and focus your thoughts in a more constructive manner is something tons of people usually have to figure out for themselves, so I thought I'd give him a tip on how to do that. If you really have grievances you want to air out, there's always a way to do it so that others can help.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hey guys.

So. Of course this thread is about shantae, and it should stay on that, as much as possible.

All I want to add, is that at the end of the day we're all people, and a lot of people have problems, and yes I dont think this is the right place to bring them, though of course it's normal that some of it spills out, not everyone has trained up the ability to partition how they feel and what they express. This is also a site for a game that has all ages, and of course there's bound to be immaturity here and there.

I feel like often when there's some issues, some people blow it out of proportion, and it just keeps it going rather than knowing it's just about a few posts or select people (who have trouble with how their emotions affect them and their posts). It's understandable, even if at the same time is not an excuse to post negativity.

In the end, simply do your part to bring what you think is good for the thread, and maybe talk things with friends elsewhere about personal problems to feel a bit more help, and threads like these can stay on track. I kind of wish there were more counselors in the world, or more places that people could talk about their problems and get good advice and all. I try to do my part, but I'm only one person, and in some cases it's actually really hard to help. We can only do what we can, and try our best to move along too.

So, let's just get back on track, and it's fine to voice feelings too you know, it's just about being considerate of others too.
Thanks for reading if you did :)

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Honestly, I still think this place should be a place to discuss Shantae... it really shouldn't be a place to get mad at each other or talk about fake leaks or clickbait videos. I get that there's conflict, but this really isn't the place to be fighting each other when we should be working together or not fighting each other over stuff we don't even know is true.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
I dont pay attention to it but how the hell is Isaac thread still so far ahead? What they hell do they have to talk about with a two game dead series?
I don't know. We must keep posting, even if just for the sake of posting! (But no double posting. Dylly's watching.)

And also, about what's going on, can we please try to stay on topic, because we're almost all guilty of going off topic here, and nobody's to blame for it.

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Honestly, I still think this place should be a place to discuss Shantae... it really shouldn't be a place to get mad at each other or talk about fake leaks or clickbait videos. I get that there's conflict, but this really isn't the place to be fighting each other when we should be working together or not fighting each other over stuff we don't even know is true.
Exactly if you want a conflict then go to Gamefaqs or twitter.

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Exactly if you want a conflict then go to Gamefaqs or twitter.
I don't think anyone here seeks conflict.
I just want people to be considerate towards all parties involved.

Such as stopping with the negativity, not losing faith over meaningless things, forcefully being negative and ruining the mood for everyone...
You get the picture...

Like I said earlier, people get so needlessly aggressive over things, it's exhausting...

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think it's fine to speculate about anything, so long as we keep our feelings in check enough to have a proper talk about it. I dont personally like leaks, but I know some people do and it can be fun to gander and wonder & talk. If you cant handle them because you're shaky about some character's chances, then one advice is to try to ignore them and let others talk about it if they want to. (Also, it's better to bring good points or talk respecfully than just judge things as being 'negative'. Or just bring goodness :))

But I agree that really in the end it shouldn't be too much about if it's true or not, because they're all just claims, and the most important is what comes from the source, ie nintendo & such. (doesn't mean we can't play with theories or respectfully debate too ;))

Let's just have fun talkin as much as we can (& care to) :)

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Personally I don't see how we can be negative. Shantae is in. There are too many coincidences and hints for her not to be. Whether as a fighter or an assist trophy, Shantae is in. I am sure of this.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Personally I don't see how we can be negative. Shantae is in. There are too many coincidences and hints for her not to be. Whether as a fighter or an assist trophy, Shantae is in. I am sure of this.
Nice to see confidence :) If it's in any form, then yeah I think it's easy to be pretty confident that she is, with everything we've seen.
I son't think I mentioned this before, but I really want to play her, so I wouldn't be glad if she's an AT. Maybe eventually I'd settle down and appreciate that she's at least in, but yeah. I wanna play :D

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Nice to see confidence :) If it's in any form, then yeah I think it's easy to be pretty confident that she is, with everything we've seen.
I didn't mention this before, but I really want to play her, so I wouldn't be glad if she's an AT. Maybe eventually I'd settle down and appreciate that she's at least in, but yeah. I wanna play :D
At least you're not blindly hating on Assist Trophies. ;)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
At least you're not blindly hating on Assist Trophies. ;)
I used to like them when I played more casually. And I like that they can be hit & ko'ed now, and even grabbed :O
It makes them a bit more interactive and interesting.
(Also, I assumed people were joking about them being evil :p)

leaving for now, hf everyone.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Personally I don't see how we can be negative.
*One Winged Angel begins to play*

Oh, well, you see, 'tis I, the physical embodiment of all that is bad in this world, hatred incarnate! "Positivity" is a concept that I'm unable to grasp, very foreign to the empty, black, chasms, sunken into my face, which one might refer to as eyes!

Ahh, evil. Now this is my field of expertise!

Hmm, there are no JOKES to be found here. Everybody is dead serious. Do not take anything lightly!
Mwhahahahahaha!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Were lucky that we are getting Medusa 54e in her current design thanks to daddy sakurai

If this didn't happen then we be stuck with this Design

(Bonus) captain N design

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
I used to like them when I played more casually. And I like that they can be hit & ko'ed now, and even grabbed :O
It makes them a bit more interactive and interesting.

leaving for now, hf everyone.
Wait they can be grabbed?

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Were lucky that we are getting Medusa 54e in her current design thanks to daddy sakurai

(Bonus) captain N design
what is it with american adaptions of japanese characters making everythig super ***** in terms of design?

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
*One Winged Angel begins to play*

Oh, well, you see, 'tis I, the physical embodiment of all that is bad in this world, hatred incarnate! "Positivity" is a concept that I'm unable to grasp, very foreign to the empty, black, chasms, sunken into my face, which one might refer to as eyes!
You do have a huge talent when it comes to formulate elaborate sentences, you should try to write stories and books :D

NukeA6

Smash Master
what is it with american adaptions of japanese characters making everythig super ***** in terms of design?
It's a lot of reasons. Some try to make things more realistic which does not work well with anime. Others have limited knowledge of a videogame when producing the crappy cartoons (American videogames are victim to this as well) so there tends to be some really funky crap especially when they tone down characters for a young audience. That's all in the past now.

Shadowknight1

(Bonus) captain N design
That brings up a good point. I don't think Medusa is 100% confirmed, but here's a question. Do we know if Palutena still has her Medusa inspired color swap?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
That brings up a good point. I don't think Medusa is 100% confirmed, but here's a question. Do we know if Palutena still has her Medusa inspired color swap?
Anyone who wasn't playable in the E3 demos, we know little to nothing of their colors. Even those may be missing some like Meta Ridley.

SimonferSmash

Smash Apprentice
Are folks here pestering Wayforward's twitter account as of late?

C'mon gang...I thought some of you were better than this.

Also wanted to say that while I still have a glimmer of hope, I don't consider her a shoe-in or guarantee as much as I did.

Then again the same could be said for any character really, no matter how popular they are.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Are folks here pestering Wayforward's twitter account as of late?

C'mon gang...I thought some of you were better than this.

Also wanted to say that while I still have a glimmer of hope, I don't consider her a shoe-in or guarantee as much as I did.

Then again the same could be said for any character really, no matter how popular they are.
Toy's been doing that. I've simply wanted to them ask about that dual-CD that had Mighty Switch Force and Risky's Revenge on it.

Shadowknight1

Anyone who wasn't playable in the E3 demos, we know little to nothing of their colors. Even those may be missing some like Meta Ridley.
Ah, fair enough. And that Meta Ridley thing is interesting, makes me wonder if there will be more than the usual 8 colors for everyone or if there will select "costumes" for only certain characters. Time will tell!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Ah, fair enough. And that Meta Ridley thing is interesting, makes me wonder if there will be more than the usual 8 colors for everyone or if there will select "costumes" for only certain characters. Time will tell!
Well one thing's for sure, we're not seing jammies unless they opt to keep Shantae's hair done while wearing them, because she's never shown able to hair-whip while not wrapped in a ponytail.

Top Bottom