• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
The top 4 characters I'd like to see would be,

1.Shantae
2.Mike Jones (Startropics)
3.Geno
4.BanjoKazooie

You could consider Isaac an honorable mentions.
I love whenever you post! :D
It feels like a special occasion, since you post so sparsely.

And I love StarTropics! Mike Jones would be great, though I see his role being reserved for an assist trophy, unfortunately.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

And I love StarTropics! Mike Jones would be great, though I see his role being reserved for an assist trophy, unfortunately.
It would still be an improvement from having nothing at all, really (which is how I feel about Shovel Knight's inclusion).

MagusOfIllusions

Smash Cadet

I love Startropics Too! It was my childhood favorite next to the Donkey Kong Country series

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Oh, and my pie-in-the-sky want that isn't going to happen because we were lucky enough to get even a stage based on it, but I'd love to have Urbosa or Mipha from Breath of the Wild in Smash. But I think the game is too new for the characters to get in.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Oh, and my pie-in-the-sky want that isn't going to happen because we were lucky enough to get even a stage based on it, but I'd love to have Urbosa or Mipha from Breath of the Wild in Smash. But I think the game is too new for the characters to get in.
Mipha is great!

I love both Midna and Mipha a lot, but still nobody matches Rotty!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well I missed Minecon. anything good from it? I'm skimming the video but it's like 4 hours long :/

Hold up, there were missed blog posts around the time of the Nindies, or am I misunderstanding what you're implying?

Also, I don't know if there's a support list in here, but I'm fully a believer that she's made it in. Put me in if I'm not already there. I really can't discount WF's silence and the whole Jammies mode theme going on, as well as that ending. THAT was a fully loaded comment not unlike Rodin's request letter in Bayonetta 2's tease.
Yellowlord Yellowlord looks like we have a new recruit (Aurora Jenny) :)

Yeah! I get nervous playing smash with others though, mainly because I don't wanna appear like a amateur or something.
Trust me there's plenty of people here that won't be super great. Definitely not going to judge on skill levels, I'm just happy friends will be able to play :)
That said, I think I'm decent so you probably dont stand a chance against me XD I'll try to be the best here with Shantae if she's in the game too :D

How do I not ever bring up Rotty again? :(
I dont think you would be kept from sharing your love of rotty here :)

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Something I find interesting about that artwork. Blaster Master Zero's Shantae artwork is a realistic-anime approach to her 1/2 Genie Hero appearance. This is a realistic-anime approach to her Risky's Revenge appearance! Kind of a neat touch. I wonder how she gets to the world of Indivisible. Warp Dance gone awry?
If you ask me the difference between that original and this is very minimal. Only has somewhat larger eyes, but it's just as cartoony as the original unlike the Blaster Master art.

Which just serves to highlight how surprisingly well Shantae seems to fit in that universe. If I didn't know about her series already, I'd be convinced she was made for this game! A stark contrast to Shovel Knight.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Well I missed Minecon. anything good from it? I'm skimming the video but it's like 4 hours long :/

Yellowlord Yellowlord looks like we have a new recruit (Aurora Jenny) :)

Trust me there's plenty of people here that won't be super great. Definitely not going to judge on skill levels, I'm just happy friends will be able to play :)
That said, I think I'm decent so you probably dont stand a chance against me XD I'll try to be the best here with Shantae if she's in the game too :D

I dont think you would be kept from sharing your love of rotty here :)
Oofy, i think I'm decent too. I just get nervous still.

zferolie

Smash Hero
She's a fully playable party member!
I actually wanted to put one of my characters in, and Alex liked the desogn a lot, but i didnt have the money for a playable or boss sadly. I really wanted Padmishri in the game and she would have fit so well too

Commission18.png
patreonrafflefullcomwinner3.png
aj_comission_v2_update_wip01.png

The last is the commision i had alex draw for backing black torch woth 2 other charavters with her.

Stephano

Smash Journeyman
Do you know what I would love? It would be awesome if WF released the unfinished ROM for Risky’s Revolution.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oofy, i think I'm decent too. I just get nervous still.
I used to get nervous at tournaments, but I just stopped caring after a while, because I realized the most important for me in smash is to have fun, and I wasn't having fun by only trying to be super good all the time.
When with friends, it's a good occasion to just kick back and have fun :)
And we all like shantae here, so I think that counts XD

Last edited:

Paragon-Yoshi

Smash Lord
Addressing WayForward's Radio Silence. It's kinda become a pattern at this point.

People trying to find alternate explanations for WayForward being silent about Smash, that involves Shantae not being in the game.
Yet every single time someone did that, it completely overlooked one detail, that harms its plausibility.

Shadowknight1

Addressing WayForward's Radio Silence. It's kinda become a pattern at this point.

People trying to find alternate explanations for WayForward being silent about Smash, that involves Shantae not being in the game.
Yet every single time someone did that, it completely overlooked one detail, that harms its plausibility.
The fact that if you ask them anything else Shantae related, they'll answer, even if it's a simple "We have nothing to announce at this time"? Heck, Matt answered a question regarding how Rottytops SMELLS. That's how much these guys like talking with their fans.

D

Deleted member

The fact that if you ask them anything else Shantae related, they'll answer, even if it's a simple "We have nothing to announce at this time"? Heck, Matt answered a question regarding how Rottytops SMELLS. That's how much these guys like talking with their fans.
And she smells beautiful

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Nobody can deny the most likely explanation (NDA). Other explanations are possible, just like anything, but there's no point on focusing on what's less likely (well, haters will, I guess)

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
If I were to pick 4:

1: Shantae (That's why we're here)
2: Bandana Dee (Believe it or not, he is a main character of Kirby [and would finally bring the Post-Sakurai era of Kirby games meaningful representation])
3:
4:

Edit: I forgot to fill those 2 in. I guess that's how you can tell those are the only 2 I really want.

Yes, this is what I like to see!

Can you just be like this from now on? Please?
That reminds me. Can you please stop with all the "Is this leak fake? I want it to be fake." stuff, unless it's from an actual viable source? It kinda brings in a lot of unnecessary drama to the thread. Most text leaks are just posts that take about as much time as this one. I don't know or sure, but I kinda feel that it gives off the same vibes as me going all pessimistic.

I never said she was out, and it's the same for Steve.

I wish so bad that the missing spots were meant for her indeed !
THAT reminds me... I have to check the week for blog posts to see if we still have 120 and 121 left unfilled. I can't do it now, so just remind me if I don't have it posted by tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
That reminds me. Can you please stop with all the "Is this leak fake? I want it to be fake." stuff, unless it's from an actual viable source? It kinda brings in a lot of unnecessary drama to the thread. Most text leaks are just posts that take about as much time as this one. I don't know or sure, but I kinda feel that it gives off the same vibes as me going all pessimistic.
Uhhh, why me?

I didn't say anything of the sort.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Ok I will stop
Just dont believe leaks and you'll be fine :)

It can still be worth discussing some leaks sometimes, though I feel like they're geting more and more boring to talk about.

..also, how can rotty smell good if she's a zombie? Where does she get her perfume?

Shadowknight1

Just dont believe leaks and you'll be fine :)

It can still be worth discussing some leaks sometimes, though I feel like they're geting more and more boring to talk about.

..also, how can rotty smell good if she's a zombie? Where does she get her perfume?
According to Mr. Bozon, Rottytops smells like Bonne Bell Cotton Candy Flavored Lip Smackers. Which is a Lip Balm. Because she's embalmed. A joke that took me far too long to get. :p

zferolie

Smash Hero

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Did he ever comment on how Shantae smells? ..hmm that question seems a bit creepy now that I've written it out. Oh well, still want to know what she'd smell like :p

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
*Sigh*

Here goes nothing:

So, I came to this thread after about a month of lurking about, and the only reason I joined was because of the interactions which I had viewed between everyone here, and to be honest, I was jealous. It hurt me deeply to see all of these different people, mingling so flawlessly, not one spark of negativity in sight. I wanted to be apart of this joyful community, it seemed like the perfect group of people, all speculating together in harmony.

So, there I was, finally in amongst these people I had been stalking for ages! And it started out great, some of the happiest times of life, chatting up with all of these wonderful people, joking about Rottytops, cookies and mushroom houses! It was amazing, it felt like pure bliss.

But then things felt like they were changing... very slowly.
More and more people came into the thread, which is a good thing, though it's now become a little too overcrowded for my taste. And it is because of this overcrowdedness, that I started to feel I was being ignored and left out. Negativity began seeping its way into the thread (no offence to people like hollywood, you're great! i dont have it out for anyone on this thread except for maybe connor... just a little). And then of course, the obvious happened, and that brought down the thread also, and I'm sorry that I caused that. The entire thread surrounded me for a time, and I'm sorry that things had to turn out that way, I wish it could have caused less of a scene.

I feel more disconnected from the thread now, it doesn't feel as homely anymore. I feel like it's kind of become a repetitious mess.

I'm also really distressed right now, I just want this to end, one way or another. One of the options is way out of my hellish life, and the other is where I continue it, and feel even more sorrow and pain, and give some to others. I don't know what to think, I've already failed to escape this tortuous life previously, so I might even welcome my death with open arms.

I'm so depressed right now. :crying:
I need a hug... preferably from Teeb147 Teeb147 or Mrs.Milky Mrs.Milky but that's beside the point...

Sorry if this is long and unnecessary, and quite frankly very messy itself, but I thought I'd put it out there.

Shadowknight1

Did he ever comment on how Shantae smells? ..hmm that question seems a bit creepy now that I've written it out. Oh well, still want to know what she'd smell like :p
I don't know, but I do know she's 32 pixels high!

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
According to Mr. Bozon, Rottytops smells like Bonne Bell Cotton Candy Flavored Lip Smackers. Which is a Lip Balm. Because she's embalmed. A joke that took me far too long to get. :p
I’ll take his word on that

Also I love how we’ve gotten to a point where we debate how these characters might SMELL

Top Bottom