• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
People always discredit Simon Belmont for some reason when they talk about a retro rep. It makes no sense to me because Simon is a fantastic one.
Simon Belmont isn't a retro rep and nether is K. Rool because they have both been in a lot of games. A retro rep, in my opinion would be a character who only appeared in one game a long time ago and was never seen again like the Duck Hunt Dog or Geno.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
OK, lets see what I missed the passed 12 hours

who thinks we'll get a smash direct in early october? mid maybe?
I have been saying since August that Mid October will be a smash focus direct focusing on modes like the story mode, break the targets, and other stuff. Then a last direct in late november 2 weeks before launch for the last characters, online mode(as I am sure Sakurai is still fixing that till the end), other stuff not in full detail like all star mode, boss rush, maybe trophies and stickers in not talked about yet, and then discussing the DLC path and showing us a preview of the first planned DLC, either Rex and Pyra or Banjo and Kazooie.

Remember how I kept talking about the suspicious gap in blog posts near the Nindies direct right before the Isabelle Direct?

Well, I've done some digging, and here's what I found, starting from the Pikmin music, continuing up until today in chronological order:

146: Pikmin Music
141: Summit
148 and 149: Ryu
[No Number]: Switch Bundle, Pro Controller, GC controller, Isabelle added to photo
134: Isabelle Trailer
136 and 137: Isabelle
145: Shovel Knight
140: Animal Crossing Music
147: Onett
144: Ganondorf (Edit: Memory wasn't posted, but it's pretty safe to assume that the memory is 145)

Still nothing relating to #120 and #121, which should have been slated for the Nindies Direct day. Could they be for Shantae?
Yeah, those 2 spots are still suspicious. like at first they were planning to reveal her there, but changed their mind early enough that the didn't also need to change numbers or remove posts planned for her stage and music, but late enough that her reveal and spotlight were gone. If she was planned there, they may have moved her to the october direct, as the september really couldn't fit her in it. Have maybe 3 unique newcomers shown then maybe.

So as of right now, we have two possible trailer ideas for Shantae to make her appearance:

1. Toon Link since it has the pirate's setting. He sets sail towards scuttle town since he spots it under attack (as always in the beginning in every shantae game.)
2. Daisy could respond to the disaster by entering the chaos with her toads since she spotted it from her kingdom (Rules in the desert: Sarasaland Kingdom)

Other ideas I'm fresh out. Though the one with Daisy was based on the image of speculation. Of course, take it with a Grain of Salt

Props to Connorb0t2 to finding the image.

Yeah I feel the trailer could go with either toon link, or daisy. While toon link seems very likely, I think Shantae and Daisy, my favorite mario princess, interacting in a trailer would be freaking awesome.

So... with post #’s 120 and 121 still not being used even after that direct... THERE’S TOO MUCH EVIDENCE WHEN ADDED TOGETHER FOR HER NOT TO BE PLAYABLE! (Sorry, got a little excited there)
Its tinfoil hat theory, but all shantae evidence is tinfoil hat theories haha. Yeah I think its possible she was planned there. like above, we could see her in the october smash focused direct, or in a random surprise announcment at some point.

Stanley would be a horrible choice for a Retro rep. If they are going to include a Retro rep the best pick would be Ayumi Tachibana.
My most wanted is Donbe and Hikari from Shin Onigashima, but Lip or Ayumi are what I feel are the more likely ones.

How about we start the Stanley Bandwagon right now? That would be a bizarre turn of events for the Shantae Support Thread :laugh:

Anyway, never stop supporting, people!!!:estatic: Keep it fun and keep it healthy ;)
#Shantae4Smash
#SupportYourTownGenie

EDIT: I can finally post images! Yay!View attachment 165638
Thats some great fanart there.

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
Remember how I kept talking about the suspicious gap in blog posts near the Nindies direct right before the Isabelle Direct?

Well, I've done some digging, and here's what I found, starting from the Pikmin music, continuing up until today in chronological order:

146: Pikmin Music
141: Summit
148 and 149: Ryu
[No Number]: Switch Bundle, Pro Controller, GC controller, Isabelle added to photo
134: Isabelle Trailer
136 and 137: Isabelle
145: Shovel Knight
140: Animal Crossing Music
147: Onett
144: Ganondorf (Edit: Memory wasn't posted, but it's pretty safe to assume that the memory is 145)
But isn't Shovel Knight #145 like you said?

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
OK, lets see what I missed the passed 12 hours

I have been saying since August that Mid October will be a smash focus direct focusing on modes like the story mode, break the targets, and other stuff. Then a last direct in late november 2 weeks before launch for the last characters, online mode(as I am sure Sakurai is still fixing that till the end), other stuff not in full detail like all star mode, boss rush, maybe trophies and stickers in not talked about yet, and then discussing the DLC path and showing us a preview of the first planned DLC, either Rex and Pyra or Banjo and Kazooie.

Yeah, those 2 spots are still suspicious. like at first they were planning to reveal her there, but changed their mind early enough that the didn't also need to change numbers or remove posts planned for her stage and music, but late enough that her reveal and spotlight were gone. If she was planned there, they may have moved her to the october direct, as the september really couldn't fit her in it. Have maybe 3 unique newcomers shown then maybe.

Yeah I feel the trailer could go with either toon link, or daisy. While toon link seems very likely, I think Shantae and Daisy, my favorite mario princess, interacting in a trailer would be freaking awesome.

Its tinfoil hat theory, but all shantae evidence is tinfoil hat theories haha. Yeah I think its possible she was planned there. like above, we could see her in the october smash focused direct, or in a random surprise announcment at some point.

My most wanted is Donbe and Hikari from Shin Onigashima, but Lip or Ayumi are what I feel are the more likely ones.

Thats some great fanart there.
No not all thr evidence is tinfoil hat type theories. In fact Shantae is one of the few characters that has evidence that isnt tinfoil type.

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
Simon Belmont isn't a retro rep and nether is K. Rool because they have both been in a lot of games. A retro rep, in my opinion would be a character who only appeared in one game a long time ago and was never seen again like the Duck Hunt Dog or Geno.
No im pretty sure Little Mac was considered a retro rep despite appearing in a fairly recent game.

EDIT: im sorry for the double post.

Last edited:

Midnight Torch

Smash Cadet
Well guys: while I won't be adding new supporters tonight, anybody who wishes to be apart of the supporter list may quote me or tag me: I will get them added as soon as I am able to and not swarmed with work and stuff. This includes anyone I may of missed recently.

Also, 10,000 replies is honestly awesome, especially after 250 pages. Just goes to show how much this thread has grown since August, huh?

Either way, see you guys at another point in time!
Can I get on that list please?

Stephano

Smash Journeyman
I found this Tweet by Wayforward interesting.

It seems like such a corporate response to a question that Wayforward or Matt Bozon would respond to in an exciting way or with at least a smile or exclamation point. To me Wayforward would respond with something like, "We would love to do that in the future" or something like that

What are they planning? Why won't they tell us? Is Nintendo holding GBC games or DSI ware hostage? Toon in next time when Stephen has nothing interesting to say and tries to change the subject

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So one of the things I like to do when working on my art (both my original stuff and fanart) is listen to music that I think fit the characters/scenarios I’m using. I could use some help thinking of mainstream songs that fit the Shantae characters.

For example:
Troublemaker - Olly Murs
Raise Your Glass - P!nk
Never Get You Right - Brandon Flowers (actually that last one could also fit the Shantae and Rottytops ship as well)

(Don’t be afraid to suggest whatever you want, doesn’t matter if neither you or I like the music or artist. As much as I dislike Meagan Trainor, I still think Better When I’m Dancin’ would fit Shantae pretty well. Also before anyone else suggests it, I think I already know the perfect song for miss Holly Lingerbean)

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
I found this Tweet by Wayforward interesting.

It seems like such a corporate response to a question that Wayforward or Matt Bozon would respond to in an exciting way or with at least a smile or exclamation point. To me Wayforward would respond with something like, "We would love to do that in the future" or something like that

What are they planning? Why won't they tell us? Is Nintendo holding GBC games or DSI ware hostage? Toon in next time when Stephen has nothing interesting to say and tries to change the subject
Yeah they have been doing a lot of corporate responses for things that MIGHT connect back to Smash.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Random Shantae thought: the only things climbable by human Shantae are chains. No vines, ropes or ladders... just chains.

Veodok

コードー002
Switch FC
SW-0381-1083-3350
I found this salty image over on KYM. Though it's been over a month and a half, the salt here is outrageous!
Yeah, they're a mod(?) on the We Want Shantae For Smash Discord server. Acting like that only brings ill will to anybody who wants Shantae involved in Smash Bros. Pls don't do.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I mean, I think there is a fair amount of us here that wanted K.Roll, right? Or at the very least, wanted to see the K.Rool fans happy after over a decade trying to get him in.

IGuessItsOver

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5424-4083-0824
Do you guys have a screencap
I found this salty image over on KYM. Though it's been over a month and a half, the salt here is outrageous!
Wow.... i REALLY want Shantae too, but why instulting other people's most wanted characters?

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
[/SPOILER]
Yeah, they're a mod(?) on the We Want Shantae For Smash Discord server. Acting like that only brings ill will to anybody who wants Shantae involved in Smash Bros. Pls don't do.
Oh my God you're right... He is a Discord mod on that server!
is this stupid image of King K. Rool disguising himself as Shantae. XP

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
I like to imagine this video as an accurate representation of what leaks do to the speculation side of Smash:

In this case:

Uncle Blobb = Vergeben / Fake leaks
People on the "train ride" = Smash speculators
The Carnival = Smash Ultimate
The 3 characters who actually ride the rides = people not swayed by leaks

(I'm bored, pls don't sue I just wanna ****post, plus this video is meme-worthy IMO)
Heh, never thought I'd see a 3-2-1 Penguins scene around here. Just for that, have a like.

Sheesh... What did K. Rool ever do to that person? I don't even know how K. Rool's inclusion "throws Shantae fans under the bus"...

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
People who rage just because a FIRST PARTY CHARACTER gets announced isn't really confident in the chances the characters they want to be in Smash. Basically those few Shantae fans have zero faith and rather than look at all the evidence they rather throw the other fandoms under a bus or something like that.

This is why I like you guys here since you at least try not to get out of control most of the time lol.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
I mean, I think there is a fair amount of us here that wanted K.Roll, right? Or at the very least, wanted to see the K.Rool fans happy after over a decade trying to get him in.
Not me, but to incinuate that he in any way changes our chances is laughable. It's also incredibly shortsighted to insult the majority rules.

K. Rool being in smash should bother nobody who either has a main already or has an unfulfilled wish of a character. Same goes for all other newcommers. If you get personally bothered by new characters being included play Melee.

Not every newcomer is made to please everyone.

Swade

Smash Apprentice
Bro, King K. Rool was on my top five list of wanted characters in Smash Ultimate, next to Shantae and Banjo and Kazooie. Freaking lost it when they showed him in the smash direct.

GammaMax

Smash Rookie
I really don't think Shantae is going to make it in. I feel like if any idle character was going to get in, it was going to be Shovel Knight. It would be awesome if she makes it in as a character or as an assist trophy, but I'm not holding my breath.

D

Deleted member

I really don't think Shantae is going to make it in. I feel like if any idle character was going to get in, it was going to be Shovel Knight. It would be awesome if she makes it in as a character or as an assist trophy, but I'm not holding my breath.
Oh great here we go again STOP!

Moderately obsessed

Smash Journeyman
o_O... What have you done?

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Soooo, I figure I should bring this up
On Twitter I've been doing this dumb thing where I draw Shantae every single day until Wayforward finally says something about Shantae in regards to Smash Bros. I posted a cute sketch of Rotty and Shantae and

https://twitter.com/HeroPivi/status/1040413431214624768
Here's the thread in question btw, I've been at it for like a week now.
If they actually give in I'll let everyone know.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
On Twitter I've been doing this dumb thing where I draw Shantae every single day until Wayforward finally says something about Shantae in regards to Smash Bros. I posted a cute sketch of Rotty and Shantae and

I like how they singled out that one out of the whole thread.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Wait it took us this long to talk about these tweets? While this was new, I tried to remind people that it was only one person so we wouldn't all be seen as bad fans.

Swade

Smash Apprentice

That is a pretty adorable picture if you ask me.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
This is an interesting opinion, one I've never heard before. Please, tell me more.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord

They are all super cute, I mostly like the one with her and Dixie.
Tho, I would not it up if I were you. Mostly Shantae and smash, and occasionally mix in a non smash one like your Shantae/Rotty pic.

If they consistently interact with the non smash ones that may at least makes the current evidence more blatant.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Let's just ignore the ones that have no faith. Anyway we can see that the silence narrative(or lack there of lol) by WayForward continues on. Man maybe Sakurai promised them two characters instead of just Shantae if they keep silent until their characters are revealed. But that is just my speculation.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Let's just ignore the ones that have no faith. Anyway we can see that the silence narrative(or lack there of lol) by WayForward continues on. Man maybe Sakurai promised them two characters instead of just Shantae if they keep silent until their characters are revealed. But that is just my speculation.
inb4 we're actually getting Risky Boots and Shantae as newcomers with the Pirate Master as the boss.

Me in that situation:

Last edited:
Top Bottom