• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, it's working to a Degree...
Yeah, it's a shame that name recognition gets them the attention they need and people don't know any better.

Would you support Amy Rose for smash? I'd prefer her over Shadow personally.

I dunno, Maybe we should swap art in PMs? I'm going to bed for now, but maybe tomorrow.
Also, I would be ok with Amy getting in. Most any of the Sonic cast would be preferred over Shadow for me. Tho I would honestly want Either Knucles as a slower, stronger echo, or Tails as a partial echo with less emphasis on speed and more on recovery and air game (Between the two i would like Tails more, but Knuckles would be easier and therefore more likely)

Shark X

Smash Lord
I don't know if you already know this but There are actually two harvest moon series now. The Natsume ones and the Xseed ones(under the name Story of Seasons). The Xseed ones are the Real ones made by the people who made the original games.

The situation used to be that Marvelous made the Harvest Moon games and Natsume would merely translate and publish them. Marvelous later decided to dump Natsume and leave publishing to Xseed. But due to legal reasons, Natsume got to keep the harvest moon trademark. So Natsume decided to create their own generic farming sim and slap the Harvest Moon name on them leaving alot of casual consumers thinking they were the same series,

So the "Harvest Moon" games you are thinking of are probably the Natsume ones. Story of Seasons is the real Harvest moon series just with a different name.
The last few "harvest Moon" games aren't really Harvest Moon.

You see the original games were published by Natsume in the West. They came up with the name Harvest Moon. A few year back tho, the game developer parted ways with Natsume, but Natsume technically owned the name Harvest Moon. So the original series had to change it's western name (now going by Story of Seasons) and Natsume started making cheap clone games and releasing them under the "Harvest Moon" title to rick people into thinking it's good.
I technically knew there was some crap going on with the name, and saw Story of Seasons, looked like crap. Then I saw Harvest Moon, and was like "They got the name back?!" Still looked like crap. Guess the Harvest Goddess, Witch Princess, Cliff, Anne, and all the rest of the long running cast went the way of the Metal Gear cast, permanently non-existent... What other long time favorite series of mine will cease to exist because of bullcrap legal reasons? >.<

Shark X

Smash Lord
Yeah when it comes to echos, I'd MUCH rather Metal Sonic over Shadow. Metal Sonic is one of the top main antagonist, one of the longest running characters, a lot more famous, and is just 'actually' cooler instead of forcing the 'coolness'. Plus, those damn scary eyes. Sadly, Shadow for no good reason other than they sort of have the model and past Assist Trophy experience, is more likely to get in over Metal Sonic...

I REALLY wanted Knuckles, followed by Eggman, followed by Blaze, followed by Metal Sonic, followed by Tails, followed by Amy, then whoever.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I know it’d never happen over Shadow or Metal Sonic, but I’d kinda would like to see Blaze as Sonic’s echo, I think it’d be fitting for a Sonic character that debuted on a Nintendo console. (I think it’d also be interesting to see how she’d interact with Shantae on top of the other princesses)

Last edited:

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Yeeh, I reaallyy wish they'd add some other outfits. Maybe they will, unless we can see all the alts?

Another thing I was thinking about; dlc skins.
Oh. I'm certain that will happen. Especially for the characters that changed heavily between Smash 4 and Ultimate. Like I would be very surprised if they don't release the Twilight Princess outfits for all the Zelda characters just so the people who preferred them can still have them.

I could even see them Switching the pokemon trainer with other trainers from the games. I mean, if they sold a Misty Skin I promise you it would sell, even if it would seem weird seeing her controlling a Charizard and Ivysaur.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Thank you you’ve increased my chances to 100% fighter thank you!
Yeah, i find it really hard to think of her not being a fighter. I mean, she has to be in the game because of all the hints and radio silence, but not being shown along side Shovel Knight and having seemingly more restrictions on which kinds of games she can appear in means that she must be more than an Assist.

I try and be rational and remind myself that anything can happen and anything could be amazing coincidences, but I just don't see her not being playable at this point.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I know Sakurai wants him and Geno has a lot of fan support behind him, but if I'm being completely honest here I'd prefer Sora as the SE rep (and yes I know that's a tall order to accomplish).
Sora? Why? Why not an SE character that's actually been on a Nintendo game? Like Terra from FF6? Or hey, a generic Light Warrior from FF1?

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I know Sakurai wants him and Geno has a lot of fan support behind him, but if I'm being completely honest here I'd prefer Sora as the SE rep (and yes I know that's a tall order to accomplish).
Sora's Disney, Not SE.

Either way, I'd prefer a DQ or BD rep as an SE rep. I am not fond of Geno at all.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Sora? Why? Why not an SE character that's actually been on a Nintendo game? Like Terra from FF6? Or hey, a generic Light Warrior from FF1?
Kingdom Hearts: Chains of Memories and Kingdom Hearts 3D were on Nintendo consoles. There's also 365/2 Days but it Roxas (Sora's Nobody) is the protagonist. That's more than what Cloud had before the Nintendo Direct.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
So, you just want another FF character?
Personally, I'd swap either of them for Cloud, but that's me....And while I didn't mention him, Geno falls into that category. I just have no connection to Super Mario RPG.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Yeah, i hated that Cloud got in, he was the only DLC fighter that I didn't buy.

Not only had he never been playable in a Nintendo game (yes in some games characters dressed like him and one of the KH games had a card of him, but he was never playable) But he also symbolizes the moment that Square and FF turned their backs on Nintendo.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I would say it almost certainly is fake. a few things just feel off. Like Dixie being an assist trophy while Felix becomes and echo. I do think Isaac has a decent chance, but if he get's in it's only as a favor to the fans, and at the same time i doubt Sakurai would give two favors to those fans and completely shaft the fans of a far more relevant and important character like Dixie.

Also, i really don't want a Steve AT. I don;t mind Minecraft representation, but it it happens i would see it as a stage. One that comes in with slightly random terrain like the Mario maker stage and destructible terrain. That would better represent what the whole premise of Minecraft is more than a stiff block character walking around with a pixel sword. Also if Minecraft got an assist I imagine it would most likely be a creeper, not only are they the mascot of the franchise, but they would obviously make the game so much more chaotic, which is what Smash with items is all about.

D

Deleted member

I would say it almost certainly is fake. a few things just feel off. Like Dixie being an assist trophy while Felix becomes and echo. I do think Isaac has a decent chance, but if he get's in it's only as a favor to the fans, and at the same time i doubt Sakurai would give two favors to those fans and completely shaft the fans of a far more relevant and important character like Dixie.

Also, i really don't want a Steve AT. I don;t mind Minecraft representation, but it it happens i would see it as a stage. One that comes in with slightly random terrain like the Mario maker stage and destructible terrain. That would better represent what the whole premise of Minecraft is more than a stiff block character walking around with a pixel sword. Also if Minecraft got an assist I imagine it would most likely be a creeper, not only are they the mascot of the franchise, but they would obviously make the game so much more chaotic, which is what Smash with items is all about.
12yr olds will rage that he isn't playable lol

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
I doubt it, personally. Feels far too safe with its picks and I'm sorry, but there's no real way in Hell that Felix will come in as well as Isaac. There's a reason why Richter came in, but it doesn't apply to Isaac/Felix, at least I feel it doesn't.
Plus, it's 4chan, when did they get stuff right when other people also "predicted" those people.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I doubt it, personally. Feels far too safe with its picks and I'm sorry, but there's no real way in Hell that Felix will come in as well as Isaac. There's a reason why Richter came in, but it doesn't apply to Isaac/Felix, at least I feel it doesn't.
Plus, it's 4chan, when did they get stuff right when other people also "predicted" those people.
I imagine Richter came in because he provides half of Simon's moveset and, overall, is far more popular to Castelvania fans than Simon is. Felix doesn't do that. He's literally just there.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Yeah, Richter is in because popularity wise it was mostly evenly split between him and Simon. Western and old school fans prefering Simon and Eastern and modern fans preferring Richter. Further in making the moveset, Richter supplied just as many moves as Simon did so it felt only fair to have them both.

Felix on the other hand pales in popularity to Isaac. The best he could get is being an alt for Isaac similar to what they did with Olimar and the other protagonist they used.

D

Deleted member

I imagine Richter came in because he provides half of Simon's moveset and, overall, is far more popular to Castelvania fans than Simon is. Felix doesn't do that. He's literally just there.
I heard that Simon was to please the u.s and richter was to please japan due to his jojo look

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I heard that Simon was to please the u.s and richter was to please japan due to his jojo look
I'm talking about the Castelvania community at large preferring Richter over Simon. Alucard is probably the most popular Castlevania character as a whole. Western casuals know Simon more. That's about it.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Yeah, that's one of the safest fake leaks I've seen, but there's no way Dixie would be regulated to an assist trophy when they probably know how requested she is.

Plus, it's an anonymous 4Chan text leak. Everyone and their grandmother can make those. I wouldn't buy into any of it. A fake text leak from 4Chan isn't worth getting stressed over.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
nothing is certain just yet

so unfortunately Yellowlord Yellowlord probably not

by im doing well i meant mood wise
It's great to have you back on the board. I'm convinced that part of why this board was growing so fast was because of your contributions. I mean, you joined a day before i did and have nearly 5 times as many posts as I do. You are like a Shantae support machine!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's great to have you back on the board. I'm convinced that part of why this board was growing so fast was because of your contributions. I mean, you joined a day before i did and have nearly 5 times as many posts as I do. You are like a Shantae support machine!
Not to mention all the likes. But you know that already.

And, There is lots of love for you around here Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy :) <3

Last edited:
Top Bottom