• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

kazoka122

Smash Cadet
First we should look at everything that came from the trailer and content itself:

"Shantae x Blaster Master Zero" = "Super Smash Bros x ____" (I also noticed that the actual games are first, and the games crossing over into them are second)
"A new transformation approaches" = "A new challenger approaches"

And then there's a lot of evidence that follows the theme of "Everyone" which is also the theme of Ultimate.

"Jammies Mode is HERE" = "Everyone is HERE"
"Free for Everyone, regardless of version, backer or not" = Follows the theme of bringing everyone in
"Ultimate Slumber party", in which she wants everyone, even her enemies = The Ultimate Smash Game
Shantae says something to Risky along the lines of "My Ultimate Slumber party wouldn't be Ultimate without you". This could be a metaphor for Sakurai and someone who was particularly hard to get back, like Snake, considering how both Konami and Risky both came off as reluctant to join, since Konami was completely absent from SSB4 and Risky is the main villain of her series and requires 2 boss fights to cave in(?).

There's also something in the ending involving Mimic, but i don't really understand why people are using that as evidence. (Can someone tell me?)

Regardless, there are too many things that align for many of them to be coincidences. Maybe if it were one or two things, but six (at least)? They're definitely playing at something.
To add to this, there's a part where you invite the memory girl Holly and she states that "she will make a special surprise appearance at the slumber party" so it can be taken that she would make special appearances if shantae was in smash with her stage.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Wow guys, we are so desperate for information we are looking at google trends haha

I have a feeling because its taking them so long to make a new date for the direct, that nintendo is redoing most of it. removing bits already talked about, maybe adding new ones.

And still new smash bros website update since thursday... if we get nothing tonight and tommorow then they had quite a few days planned for stuff that was gonna show in the direct

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Wow guys, we are so desperate for information we are looking at google trends haha

I have a feeling because its taking them so long to make a new date for the direct, that nintendo is redoing most of it. removing bits already talked about, maybe adding new ones.

And still new smash bros website update since thursday... if we get nothing tonight and tommorow then they had quite a few days planned for stuff that was gonna show in the direct
pfft, yeppers on that.

C'mon over, /v/ers and GameFAQers of all kind! Get a bag of popcorn with your comically large soda!

K.O.Ninja

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2638-3836-1861
Switch FC
SW-8125-1321-6340
Just think of all the remixes Jake could bring to Smash. If he revives some of the music from the old games like Zombie Caravan I would be overjoyed.
Speaking of remixes, here are some of my favorites that he did:
The Impresario (Final Fantasy VI)
Get on the Bus (EarthBound)
Wake Up! (ToeJam and Earl)
Contravirt (Contra)
These remixes are phenomenal, so I hope he gets to remix for Ultimate!

Last edited:

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice

Hey now google trends is a top quality information source that sits right up there with Twitter moments. I mean where else can I learn that Alex Trebek has a beard?(I wish I was joking)

https://twitter.com/i/moments/1038493175881654272?lang=en

Booper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
For us, the Smash site updates Sunday through Thursday. Friday and Saturday don't get updates. Thursday's update never happened, so the blog hasn't updated since Wednesday.
I think the confusing part (at least for me) is that several people here are counting today and yesterday as "missed" updates, but they're not, only Thursday was missed, as the others are never planned.

loozer2

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys think Simon was put in from the ballot? I'm asking because if he was, then we can assume that the numbers of voters aren't everything, which can be good or bad. (Good being that Shantae's relative obscurity isn't too much of a hurdle, and bad being that we [along with fans of other highly requested characters] are putting too much weight on the ballot.)
Very few people were even talking about Simon during the ballot and I can't remember a single person bringing up Richter. I think Simon placed pretty low in the ballot, but considering how Iconic he is and Sakurai having to meet with Konami anyways to get Snake back surely helped him get a spot.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Very few people were even talking about Simon during the ballot and I can't remember a single person bringing up Richter. I think Simon placed pretty low in the ballot, but considering how Iconic he is and Sakurai having to meet with Konami anyways to get Snake back surely helped him get a spot.
I am pretty sure Richter was in some form influenced by the Japanese side of the ballot. While Simon may be the first, Richter is much more popular in Japan, at least from what I heard. I would not be surprised if they included him as an echo because they saw some demand. Maybe not major, but it was likely more notable than all the other Belmonts.

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord

I think the confusing part (at least for me) is that several people here are counting today and yesterday as "missed" updates, but they're not, only Thursday was missed, as the others are never planned.

Thursday's update was either planned for the direct or disrupted by the earthquake. We're just going to have to wait for tommorow to see what happens with future updates. If it was the earthquake, we won't be seeing anything. If there's a second update planned for after the direct meant for Sunday, it will probably be replaced by an update about something we already know, like a veteran.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thursday's update was either planned for the direct or disrupted by the earthquake. We're just going to have to wait for tommorow to see what happens with future updates. If it was the earthquake, we won't be seeing anything. If there's a second update planned for after the direct meant for Sunday, it will probably be replaced by an update about something we already know, like a veteran.

The blog post before the delay was a living palm tree and there were lots of palm trees in shantae.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
The blog post before the delay was a living palm tree and there were lots of palm trees in shantae.
That probably doesn't mean anything. The last update before Simon and King K. Rool were revealed was the Bomber from Kirby, and I don't think that can really be connected to either of them.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
That probably doesn't mean anything. The last update before Simon and King K. Rool were revealed was the Bomber from Kirby, and I don't think that can really be connected to either of them.
The Bomber meant that bombs were about to be dropped and the Exeggutor means that a certain character is reaching new heights.

...or something.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I think it's just mainly the top talked characters he decided to do as bingo. Not sure on his actual stance for Shantae.
Well, the last we heard of his opinion on Shantae was on this video(10:40 or so on the video). Again, would love to see what he would think of all this evidence we have found. I am sure he already knows, he seems to look into that sort of thing whenever it rears itself.

Edit: Sorry if the video starts in a weird place, I always have hard time getting rid of that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Im going to sleep I hope you all find more reasons like jakes nda and daisy hip bumping that can make her a fighter.

Edit: Can someone post some shantae to me please I’m feeling a little down right now:(:(

Last edited by a moderator:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
No one is ever gonna get a bingo.
You say that but on the bingo thread I have King K. Rool and Ridley already filled in one row and the rest of it is filled with Shantae Springman and....Primarina.

I feel I can get at least one bingo on this with DLC. Updated Smash Bingo.png

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Well, the last we heard of his opinion on Shantae was on this video(10:40 or so on the video). Again, would love to see what he would think of all this evidence we have found. I am sure he already knows, he seems to look into that sort of thing whenever it rears itself.

Edit: Sorry if the video starts in a weird place, I always have hard time getting rid of that.
its not hard just get rid of the
t=# in the video its found after a "?" after the video's actual web address

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
With all this talk of Shantae, it's just reminding me of a GBC game also made by WayForward, a game that released a year prior to Shantae's first adventure. Nah, this has nothing to really do with Smash, but I just want to sort of slow down with the entire thing, even if the resulting "stopping" is like trying to stop a B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber with a toothpick.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Here's some interesting way to make smash and shantae art. Do it in minecraft :p
(The size of this is huge btw, look at the tiny picketed sign board at the bottom)

Last edited:

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Im going to sleep I hope you all find more reasons like jakes nda and daisy hip bumping that can make her a fighter.

Edit: Can someone post some shantae to me please I’m feeling a little down right now:(:(
rotty3.gif
8f0.gif
Shantae rotty.gif

Hopefully this will make you feel better

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
Man, I have a gut feeling that this direct is gonna be delayed a whole three weeks. I hope I’m wrong...

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Man, I have a gut feeling that this direct is gonna be delayed a whole three weeks. I hope I’m wrong...
Most likely wrong ;)
All we can do is go day by day looking forward to it. I think it'll be sooner than later. maybe they'll give us the date monday.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, here is an old question with a twist. What character would want to see Shantae interact with that is not in the game, but could be a potential newcomer? Characters like Geno, Isaac, Dixie, etc.

Top Bottom