• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Was this covered already? Apparently the Famitsu cover going around was the already released issue, and it went over the 900 songs bit.
Then there's this:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

So there may not be a rush to upload the direct after all
"Confirmed to be featured THUS FAR"

That sounds to me there's still games to be featured we don't know about.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
I actually got a little story that just happened in the evening hours.
So, I'm still in college, and they had this event going on upstairs with donuts, mainly a mini-freshman orientation thing. But yeah, I went upstairs and, shortly after, there were these two Japanese exchange students in the same room. After I had my donuts, I introduced myself to her. Now, at this point, I didn't know she was from Japan, so I had a hunch. When she asked about my Pikachu shirt, I told her I actually loved Pokemon, so then she told me that she came from Osaka, Japan, while I just told her I was a Montanan native. Of course, I went and told her about the Hokkaido earthquakes and we sort of had a friendship bond over that, though I wanted to say this so I could give to her some form of respect.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'm just gonna sneak this in here like I always do. I made this a while ago but lost motivation to really finish it. It's in the spoiler tag because of how big the image is.
Shantae trying to learn a Japanese line for hours is a very Shantae thing to do.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Maybe this is just me and my ADHD impusivity, but am I the only one thats super impatient about SOME sort of news? Anything at all?
No. I am starting to get very impatient at what's going on with this Direct, but I go to places like this to forget about my overwhelming anxiety.

Veodok

コードー002
Switch FC
SW-0381-1083-3350
Of course, I went and told her about the Hokkaido earthquakes and we sort of had a friendship bond over that
Sorry, I think it's cool you made a friend but I just laugh thinking about the possible weird conversation that could have been had.

"Oh, I'm from Japan. Osaka specifically."

"Wow, that's pretty cool. I know that some people died in the Hokkaido earthquake recently."

"..."

"Wanna be my friend? :D"

Last edited:

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I'm just gonna sneak this in here like I always do. I made this a while ago but lost motivation to really finish it. It's in the spoiler tag because of how big the image is.
So, what's the Japanese?

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Alright: if anyone would like to be added that I may of missed or didn't see while I was gone, go ahead and quote this message asking to be added! :)

NukeA6

Smash Master
At this rate, I think all of our guests will be joining Smash Boards within two weeks. I won't be surprised if one of them happened to be Bozon. Makes me believe more that Shantae will actually get in for real.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Sorry, I think it's cool you made a friend but I just laugh thinking about the possible weird conversation that could have been had.

"Oh, I'm from Japan. Osaka specifically."

"Wow, that's pretty cool. I know that some people died in the Hokkaido earthquake recently."

"..."

"Wanna be my friend? :D"
Haha, that sounds much worse than how it went. And basically how it went, though I tried to be respectful of Hokkaido, because it's almost certain to be on the news at the moment. Actually, the reason why she revealed she was from Osaka was because I asked her where she lived. I was asking about college halls because I wanted to possibly befriend her if possible. But yeah, the way I typed it out sounded pretty horrible and there's no way around that XD

I think it's just "Yes, Mr. Sakurai." Trust me, I know a very very small amount of Japanese, and that's certainly what she said.

So, what's the Japanese?
I think it's just "Yes, Mr. Sakurai." Trust me, I know a very very small amount of Japanese, and that's certainly what she said.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
It's not a lack of dark skinned girls, it's just a lack of girls in general!
Yeah, there's a real lack of female representation in Ultimate. I don't count "avatar characters" like Inkling.

I don't know if that's something Sakurai is considering, but if he is, then Shantae, Impa, Dixie, and Elma would all be good characters to add.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
So recently, I've been thinking up some ideas for the soundtrack and I came up with this list of songs:

Also there are some spoilers here, so be careful...

Dance Through the Danger (duh)
Neo Burning Town (I feel like this version of the theme best suits Smash)
The Nightmare Woods (Run Run Rottytops)
The Tenacious Tentacled Terror (Squid Baron)
Cape Crustacean (did you kill the racers because you thought that you had too?)
Yo, Go Crazy (More Squid Baron)
High Above Tassel Town (The Sky Bridge)
Bolo's Theme (Oh, Bolo!)
Final Boss (HGH)
Final Boss (PC)
Boss Battle (HGH)
Rottytop's Theme (The Best One)
Risky Boot's Theme (HGH)
ORLY YARLY (It sounds funny)
Day Travel (RR)
Let's Make a Meal (It almost sounds as hectic as the Shantae thread a few hours ago...)
Trip Through Sequin Land (insert text here)
Scuttle Town (PC)
Streamworks (Saliva Island)
Rave in the Grave (Zombie Island)
Cult of Personality (Those outfits though...)
Bran-Son (The hero Gotham needs!)
The Darkest Night (This track is so underrated!)
The Desolate Domain (Oubliette of Suffering)
The Floating Factory (Propeller Town)
DO U EVEN WHIP? (Yes that is the name of the song)
Credits (PC)
Uncle Mimic's Theme (HGH)
Counterfeit Mermaids (i don't really have to say anything here)
Barrel-O-Mermaids (the one with the slide)
Hypno Baron's Castle (the slimegals are too cute to kill...)
Risky's Hideout (Tinkerbat Factory)
Title (GBC)
Zombie Town (My girl Rotty)
Bandit Town (I'd say this is the one where bandits live)
Risky Boots Battle (GBC)

I hope you like it.
The only thing missing is any version of the original labyrinth theme, such as Back to the Roots. Can't leave that one out!

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Alright: if anyone would like to be added that I may of missed or didn't see while I was gone, go ahead and quote this message asking to be added! :)
Add me please. I've been supporting her since the previous thread (Sucks that the list is numbered because now it looks like I just joined in) :(

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I had some moments of impatience about the direct, especially yesterday, but now I'm back calm and just expectant of some news. I'm ok back waiting, but I still want it to be as soon as it can be and still good. Like maybe monday or tuesday could be good, though really I think knowing when, first, would be good too.

Just gonna do my best to enjoy other stuff and going on our way too.
s'all good. (Tho I know there's still people who're feeling impatient, and I understand, sorry you feel that way, and hoping that some news will help you :))

Add me please. I've been supporting her since the previous thread (Sucks that the list is numbered because now it looks like I just joined in) :(
If it matters to you, you can have my spot(#), I don't mind really. :p
Just say the word if you do want.

soup, do you like songs? I see you lyric-ing now and then :D

Last edited:

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Alright, my video on all existing evidence of Shantae's inclusion is underway. If anyone would like to contribute little known facts, suspicious tweets (I lack these), or anything clever, feel free to PM me with what you've got!

I am exited, I'm finally going to have a concrete pro Shantae argument to copy paste on disbelievers! I don't want to miss anything so don't feel shy about cramming my inbox.

Last edited:

MagusOfIllusions

Smash Cadet
Welcome to Smashboards! Hope you like it here! Could I offer you some cookies to help make yourself feel more at home?
Funnily enough i've been around since the brawl days its just that i lost my old account years ago however with all of the interesting circumstance surounding shantae and the fact that this smashbros is catered to the fans more than ever i felt inclined to make a new one and ride sakurai's wild ride haha.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Funnily enough i've been around since the brawl days its just that i lost my old account years ago however with all of the interesting circumstance surounding shantae and the fact that this smashbros is catered to the fans more than ever i felt inclined to make a new one and ride sakurai's wild ride haha.
Do you still want cookies though?

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
You double posted. Gonna have to report you now. I'm sorry it had to end like this...

R.I.P SoupCanMafia
03/09/2018-08/09/2018
Idk if it's because it's late and I'm sleepy, but this was the funniest **** i read all day.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Yes pls :>
Well, I'm sorry to say this but it seems that sometime in the last hour, somebody broke into the house and stole all the cookies to sell at the Shantae Support thread's very own tin foil hat stands. I really do apologise for this inconvenience, and because I hardly have any money I can't buy the ingredients to redo them.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's ok, the cookies, the money will go back into making more cookies.
Also, there's fake cookies, so we make double the money, and you have to gamble on if you're getting a real one or not. Magus you have an advantage here if you're learning illusion magic. just sayin'. still gonna cost you for the cookie tho.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
Alright, my video on all existing evidence of Shantae's inclusion is underway. If anyone would like to contribute little known facts, suspicious tweets (I lack these), or anything clever, feel free to PM me with what you've got!

I am exited, I'm finally going to have a concrete pro Shantae argument to copy paste on disbelievers! I don't want to miss anything so don't feel shy about cramming my inbox.
Not exactly evidence of her being in smash, but while I was looking up which indie games she had guest starred in to make sure none of them were fighting games, I found that Matt Bozon made a Shantae micro game for WarioWare D.I.Y.

which also might be why one f the artists for WarioWare made this fanart of her...

Again, not evidence of recent times, but it does show that even back in the DS days people at Nintendo were aware of our girl.

Last edited:

MagusOfIllusions

Smash Cadet
Well, I'm sorry to say this but it seems that sometime in the last hour, somebody broke into the house and stole all the cookies to sell at the Shantae Support thread's very own tin foil hat stands. I really do apologise for this inconvenience, and because I hardly have any money I can't buy the ingredients to redo them.
In the words of shantae.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Before we all disappear into the night, this truly was one of those videos that boosted my fire to higher levels and I thank it for doing that.

In response to the above comment, I knew about Shantae NAB, because the NoA people actually considered Matt Bozon a "Big Name" guy. However, I did not know that she was popular enough with the WarioWare team that she got a cute sketch of herself! That's actually pretty cool!

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Not sure if this has been posted yet

but have you guys considered the possibility that Shantae could share a special or two that involves her hair with a hypothetical Dixie Kong Echo? Hear me out. Diddy's only tail-using move was removed in Ultimate, and Dixie has always been very similar to Diddy in her home games aside from the prehensile hair. Chrom showed us you can be an Echo of one fighter but borrow a move or two from someone else.

If Dixie is a Diddy Echo but uses a Shantae move or two (prehensile hair attack/spin), that would explain why she was not shown alongside King K. Rool as to not spoil Shantae in advance. I'm not the first one to come up with this theory, but I thought it was sound enough to share here.

Given Diddy's tail attack removal and pink palette removal, and all of the stuff with WayForward, do you guys thing a Shantae could be revealed alongside Dixie Kong?

Top Bottom