• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
So for us older members, what did you think Shantae's chances were when you first joined this thread or started seriously supporting our half-genie runt?

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
So for us older members, what did you think Shantae's chances were when you first joined this thread or started seriously supporting our half-genie runt?
I started supporting her around the beginning of July, and thought her chances were pretty high, even then.

EDIT: Upon reading the question again, I realised that I hadn't been here that long.

Last edited:

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
Back in Smash 4 for me before the Ballot was even brought forth. A character that was extremely unique in my eyes that no character can copy. That's why I started to support her. Also helps I enjoyed her games as well to boot.

Last edited:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Supported her prior to the Smash direct. (In this thread anyway. I voted for her on the ballot.)

I thought it was like a 5% chance that she'd be playable. That's not missing a zero by the way.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I've been wanting her since Smash 4 and even voted for her three times on the Smash Ballot.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
I thought she had a 20% chance, now I think she has a solid 55%.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
While I recall me voicing my support(Or at least voting) before the direct, it was not till after I saw Shovel Knight and realized the possibility from the evidence that my Shantae spirit was invigorated. I will say though, I did vote for her in the ballot, so I guess it goes farther back then I realize.

Edit: To be more precise, pre-direct I was around 15%. After, it went to 50% and started rising from there.

Last edited:

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
So recently, I've been thinking up some ideas for the soundtrack and I came up with this list of songs:

Also there are some spoilers here, so be careful...

Dance Through the Danger (duh)
Neo Burning Town (I feel like this version of the theme best suits Smash)
The Nightmare Woods (Run Run Rottytops)
The Tenacious Tentacled Terror (Squid Baron)
Cape Crustacean (did you kill the racers because you thought that you had too?)
Yo, Go Crazy (More Squid Baron)
High Above Tassel Town (The Sky Bridge)
Bolo's Theme (Oh, Bolo!)
Final Boss (HGH)
Final Boss (PC)
Boss Battle (HGH)
Rottytop's Theme (The Best One)
Risky Boot's Theme (HGH)
ORLY YARLY (It sounds funny)
Day Travel (RR)
Let's Make a Meal (It almost sounds as hectic as the Shantae thread a few hours ago...)
Trip Through Sequin Land (insert text here)
Scuttle Town (PC)
Streamworks (Saliva Island)
Rave in the Grave (Zombie Island)
Cult of Personality (Those outfits though...)
Bran-Son (The hero Gotham needs!)
The Darkest Night (This track is so underrated!)
The Desolate Domain (Oubliette of Suffering)
The Floating Factory (Propeller Town)
DO U EVEN WHIP? (Yes that is the name of the song)
Credits (PC)
Uncle Mimic's Theme (HGH)
Counterfeit Mermaids (i don't really have to say anything here)
Barrel-O-Mermaids (the one with the slide)
Hypno Baron's Castle (the slimegals are too cute to kill...)
Risky's Hideout (Tinkerbat Factory)
Title (GBC)
Zombie Town (My girl Rotty)
Bandit Town (I'd say this is the one where bandits live)
Risky Boots Battle (GBC)

I hope you like it.
Anything with Nightmare Woods and Rottytops' Theme I'm 100% behind. That character has the most entrancing tracks IMO.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Okay so I'm gonna post a gif, what would need to happen that's Shantae/Smash related to make you react in a similar manner to this gif?

Absolute Horror.gif

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Out of curiosity, does anyone know when the Shantae rate their chances is happening? I am sure it's not to far off, though it might be put off if the direct happens before that day.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Out of curiosity, does anyone know when the Shantae rate their chances is happening? I am sure it's not to far off, though it might be put off if the direct happens before that day.
plot twist she gets revealed the day after that period in the rate thread ends (most still put her at less than 50%)

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
I first joined the thread as soon as I got started on this website, which was very recent because I am not involved in the smash community whatsoever, but I've put Shantae in my top most wanted (#1 K. Rool, #2 Ridley, #3 Simon... #4 Shantae. It's been a good year to me lol) for several years now. I think I've been imagining her in smash ever since I played her first game on a GBC emulator, after reading an article about the rarest video games in existence. I fell in love pretty quick.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
plot twist she gets revealed the day after that period in the rate thread ends (most still put her at less than 50%)
Wouldn't that be a treat. No matter what happens though, I hope everyone can pop into that thread to voice your support for her, as well to lay out all the evidence we have amassed over this last month or so. I have the distinct feeling that her day will be an intense one.

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Well got to go to sleep now. Got my monthly drills to get to. Chat with you all tomorrow afternoon.

I bet I will have about 20 more pages to get through by then lol.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
While I wasn't a member until September 2018, I supported her WAY back when I was nothing more than a whelp back in 2015, as soon as the late Iwata announced the Smash Ballot. I was a vocal supporter of her until the Final Smash Bros 4 Direct. Then... nothing. Just empty space. However, that ember started coming in with the reveal of the full name of Super Smash Bros Ultimate at E3. But, from this small ember, came a small fire. A fire of hope. But then came August 8th, and that fire grew in size. And with the circumstantial evidence and everything else in between, that ember grew from just a modest campfire to a raging inferno, which only grew in strength when I found you guys! And now, this fire is the largest fire in my gut and my soul.

And before you guys asked, yes, this was when I was playing Shantae on my 3DS, both the original GBC title and Pirate's Curse.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
This.

I'll suffer, but can live if she's not playable. If Shantae just ends, I'll lose my mind.

That series has a special place in my heart.
Shantae gets into Smash, then a day later its revealed Cristina Vee died in a car accident.

I've only ever drank for obligatory 21st birthday, but that'd probably make drink that night.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Shantae gets into Smash, then a day later its revealed Cristina Vee died in a car accident.

I've only ever drank for obligatory 21st birthday, but that'd probably make drink that night.
Go knock on some wood, don't bring that bad juju here!

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
The first few moments is just stunned silence.
Then at the "crescendo" you start getting super mad.
To Be Continued is when you just pick up a chair to swing at something, anything.
And that's how a To Be Continued meme can live on with a Shantae AT Reveal! :D

Also, with the car crash thing... Try not to bring too much bad mojo. Though knowing she's smart, her death via car crash chance is extremely small. As long as she gets the seat belts and she doesn't try to do the Frat Boy Fail Challenge, she'll be alright. My major concern on her is surprise cancer, which would be very bad.

Last edited:

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
I have some crazy Shantae for smash campaign ideas in case of a second ballot.

If we start posting art of Shantae and more popular characters like K. Rool, their supporters will begin to associate their character with ours. Then we can get a piece of those bigg numbers since they would now need someone new to vote for.

LunarLiv

Smash Apprentice
The first few moments is just stunned silence.
Then at the "crescendo" you start getting super mad.
To Be Continued is when you just pick up a chair to swing at something, anything.
And that's how a To Be Continued meme can live on with a Shantae AT Reveal! :D

Also, with the car crash thing... Try not to bring too much bad mojo. Though knowing she's smart, her death via car crash chance is extremely small. As long as she gets the seat belts and she doesn't try to do the Frat Boy Fail Challenge, she'll be alright. My major concern on her is surprise cancer, which would be very bad.
Ok but imagine if next direct, we get a Smash trailer and the music starts up, and then some purple hair whips into frame followed by the screen freezing with "To be continued" in the corner

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
Here's something to discuss:

If Shantae did get revealed are there any youtubers you'd want to see their reactions/post-discussion to her reveal?
I'd love to see SomeCallMeJohnny's reaction since he's on record as a fan of the Shantae series and is one of my favorite youtubers/streamers.

Also since it was mentioned he knows Castlevania very well and recognized Richter and his reaction for the whole thing was great to see :)

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
I have so ideas in case of a second ballot.

If we start posting art of Shantae and more popular characters like K. Rool, their supporters will begin to associate their character with ours. Then we can get a piece of those bigg numbers since they would now need someone new to vote for.
I could see a lot of people finding that kind of stuff obnoxious in large quantities..... Like, "Oh, we get it. you want X character in Smash! Get over it, it's not happening" sort of backlash, kinda like what Waluigi's going through.

I think the best thing we can do is just let the support happen naturally- it's already pretty big as is, and if people are interested in her, or see us as a peaceful, respectful, and not annoying community, they'll come to support her.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
-Dance Through the Danger plays
-Cannon balls being fired from Risky's Ship crashing down upon the ground, fires rage, palm trees collapse and civilians flee for their lives
-But then out of the blue, almost as if by magic, a figure materialises in a puff of smoke, in the middle of this climactic scene
-The camera pans around to get a closer a look at this figure and they're holding... a sword

because it was a mii fighter costume the entire time oh got em

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Here's something to discuss:

If Shantae did get revealed are there any youtubers you'd want to see their reactions/post-discussion to her reveal?
I'd love to see NintendoCapriSun's reaction. It was his Let's Play of Half-Genie Hero that made me a fan of Shantae in the first place.

And Tom Fawkes. His reactions are always priceless.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
-Dance Through the Danger plays
-Cannon balls being fired from Risky's Ship crashing down upon the ground, fires rage, palm trees collapse and civilians flee for their lives
-But then out of the blue, almost as if by magic, a figure materialises in a puff of smoke, in the middle of this climactic scene
-The camera pans around to get a closer a look at this figure and they're holding... a sword

because it was a mii fighter costume the entire time oh got em
...That's a dagger... in my heart. Did you forget to get it back after it was mysteriously lodged in there? *dead*

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Oh God... It's the Ridley shadow all over again...
Ugh..... I know it was obvious to literally everybody else, but we really thought we had something when we analyzed the crap outta that shadow..... Well, at least we have him now.

I swear, if Shantae's just a boss, I'm gonna lose it.

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Ugh..... I know it was obvious to literally everybody else, but we really thought we had something when we analyzed the crap outta that shadow..... Well, at least we have him now.

I swear, if Shantae's just a boss, I'm gonna lose it.
To be honest, I wouldn't see Shantae as being a boss character. Even Sakurai wouldn't be that obtuse about her character. XP
Like, here's the main thing. You either have obvious Tron Bad Guys™, wild animals, or other constructs from other guys including Tron Bad Guy™ or general villains as a whole. Shantae fits none of them.
Then again, Pirate Queen's a thing, but that's beside the point.

D

Deleted member

Okay so I'm gonna post a gif, what would need to happen that's Shantae/Smash related to make you react in a similar manner to this gif?

View attachment 162466
I love Index/Railgun.

Anywho. I've always known Shantae was a longshot. But after everything we have uncovered here. I feel she has a real chance and isn't a pipe dream.

D

Deleted member

Ok but imagine if next direct, we get a Smash trailer and the music starts up, and then some purple hair whips into frame followed by the screen freezing with "To be continued" in the corner
Is that a jojo reference?

PichuMain

Smash Journeyman
Maybe this is just me and my ADHD impusivity, but am I the only one thats super impatient about SOME sort of news? Anything at all?

Top Bottom