• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Even with the new pace we've been at, the Isaac thread has had a similar pace, and theyre close to 200 pages more than we are. I don't think we can catch up lol.

It'd be impressive if we did, but I don't want to imagine what kind of pace we'd be at for that haha. This is fine now.
If they've had a similar pace, then I suppose that would make sense. But we do get pages and pages every single day!

And of course it's fine now! It's all in good fun and completely meaningless, so I don't think it even really needs to be said :p

Veodok

コードー002
Switch FC
SW-0381-1083-3350
i think it would take us who are currently on right now (around 65 people) to comment once every minute, for a good 12 hours per day, every day. :p
We went up 600 replies in one day. And the Ashley thread is only 1,400 replies away. Though yeah, Issac or Shantae are going to get confirmed before we ever reach Issac's numbers.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Here's something to discuss:

If Shantae did get revealed are there any youtubers you'd want to see their reactions/post-discussion to her reveal?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Anyhoo, I brought it up before, but how many of you would want to see a new poll for this thread? Personally I think a good potential poll would be "Who would be the Shantae Series Assist Trophy?" or something along those lines. that topic seems to come up often.

If Shantae did get revealed are there any youtubers you'd want to see their reactions/post-discussion to her reveal?
A mix of excitement, confusion, and possibly anger, depending on who you watch. I doubt there will be much of that last one though.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

No.
I want to be safe, I only want to hear nice things and enjoy the thrill with other shantae fans, at first :)

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Anyhoo, I brought it up before, but how many of you would want to see a new poll for this thread? Personally I think a good potential poll would be "Who would be the Shantae Series Assist Trophy?" or something along those lines. that topic seems to come up often.

A mix of excitement, confusion, and possibly anger, depending on who you watch. I doubt there will be much of that last one though.
You fool! You didnt answer my question correctly! you fail!

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239

Etika. Have you see that guys reaction to Smash Ultimate? He literally broke his thumb.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Yeah, why not? My answer is gonna be Risky Boots and all they have to do is take the final boss fight from the original Shantae and you already got a pretty good Assist (and boss fight if they wanna go there).

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Etika. I enjoy his videos and reaction ones from the Smash Direct. He's a great guy, very nice.
Despite what people say about him, you can tell he's genuine, just very naturally energetic and expressive about it. No one intentionally breaks one of their shelves during a reveal. I like him too, he seems like someone whou'd be great to hang out with.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Besides the obvious (our lord and savior Risky), I'd go with Squid Baron

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Even with the new pace we've been at, the Isaac thread has had a similar pace, and theyre close to 200 pages more than we are. I don't think we can catch up lol.

It'd be impressive if we did, but I don't want to imagine what kind of pace we'd be at for that haha. This is fine now.
All the ex K. Rool supporters need a new bandwagon looks like...

zferolie

Smash Hero
I wish here in Puerto Rico was the same. It took about 11 months to restore power to 100% of the island.

EDIT: We should have been prepared especially when we are in the Hurricane lane part of the World. Then again I blame my island's government.

But what do I care. I have

to keep me happy.
Japan has a lot better things then us. Transite is another

MFW skipping 10 pages everyday just to get a word in this thread.

I guess the hype never dies.
You didn't miss much lol

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
The way some people express the "No Western characters" idea paints Sakurai in a really bad light, when it's really just a matter of convenience for Sakurai than any kind of bigotry. Sakurai doesn't speak English, so it's just easier for him (and less risky, what with mistranslations and cultural differences being a potential issue) to meet with Japanese developers. I just wish people would stop assuming the worst about him...
I wish they would stop assuming things and putting words in his mouth too.
Gamefaqs board is dead! Have you been there lately. It's nothing but leaks. Not even the shotposts are quality anymore.
And there only a bunch od fake leaks at that lul

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576
I watch pretty much every reaction under the sun for every Smash reveal (and even other big titles too,) so I will be there to see them all.

I think for a lot of the Youtubers though, there would be more confusion than salt. Let's face it: if you watched as many reactions as I always do, then you know like 70% of Smash players don't actually play other games.

None of them ever know who anyone is unless they are super obvious or a Bandwagon'd "leak."

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
I watch pretty much every reaction under the sun for every Smash reveal (and even other big titles too,) so I will be there to see them all.

I think for a lot of the Youtubers though, there would be more confusion than salt. Let's face it: if you watched as many reactions as I always do, then you know like 70% of Smash players don't actually play other games.

None of them ever know who anyone is unless they are super obvious or a Bandwagon'd "leak."
Castlevania *cough, cough*

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965

I'm going to be posting my reactions from now on out in anticipation of Shantae.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Etika will 100% make Shantae one of his waifu characters he puts on merch and stuff along with Robin and Corrin if she gets confirmed. I hate to say it but I know it's gonna happen. I think she won a poll he ran back in Smash 4 about DLC characters in the ballot so yeah.

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
I added Shantae to my prediction list, I was originally highly reluctant but I got convinced after someone I know who knows how the industry works got convinced that we were getting her. Plus with all of the evidence pointing towards her inclusion I really feel like this is something that will come to light in this iteration of Smash.
How did your friend get convinced she was in smash?

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
The fact that this thread keeps on going and surpassed the Geno thread just shows how much support there is for her. What I also like is the overall positive atmosphere here. It makes me glad I stopped going to GameFAQs years ago.

I hope that Sakurai knows this and made her playable. Making her an assist trophy would be wasted potential.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
How did your friend get convinced she was in smash?
Well two things actually, one is that there’s a lot of very convincing evidence going in her favor, the other thing is Dixie Kong who they thought could potentially be a Diddy Echo that would barrow attributes from Diddy, which I thought was fairly convincing since they both have similar abilities involving their hair-whip.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
The sad part for me is that I only remember the main character from the series last name, Belmont. I never remembered any of their first names... lol god I'm awful.
It's not like I am exactly innocent. I had no idea as well, but that can be chalked up to me not really knowing the series. The only game I have played from the series is, and get this, Castlevania Judgement. I will say it gets more hate than it deserves, but I still find it weird that is the only game I have played so far.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
If Shantae gets in one of the first things Im doing is going on Smash's page on KnowYourMeme and go to the image gallery.

Baws

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Groosin
3DS FC
4742-4786-7576
It's not like I am exactly innocent. I had no idea as well, but that can be chalked up to me not really knowing the series. The only game I have played from the series is, and get this, Castlevania Judgement. I will say it gets more hate than it deserves, but I still find it weird that is the only game I have played so far.
I'm just surprised more people didn't recognize Richter because of him being a meme. I would have thought he would be even more recognizable than Simon for non-Castlevania fans.

Although, no one actually knew who Simon was either. They knew only because of the leak, but there were so many people who still weren't sure who it was until his name appeared on the screen.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman

RogerSBase. No idea how he feels about Shantae, but he always overreacts so much his videos are pretty amusing to watch. Sometimes he even loses his voice after so much screaming.

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
Well two things actually, one is that there’s a lot of very convincing evidence going in her favor, the other thing is Dixie Kong who they thought could potentially be a Diddy Echo that would barrow attributes from Diddy, which I thought was fairly convincing since they both have similar abilities involving their hair-whip.
Also helps for Dixie is that Diddy lost his tail hits for a possible echo based on Diddy.

Last edited:

Swade

Smash Apprentice
I'm just surprised more people didn't recognize Richter because of him being a meme. I would have thought he would be even more recognizable than Simon for non-Castlevania fans.

Although, no one actually knew who Simon was either. They knew only because of the leak, but there were so many people who still weren't sure who it was until his name appeared on the screen.
Funny thing for me I remember Ritcher from one of AVGN's reviews. That's how I was able to recognize him fast.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
So recently, I've been thinking up some ideas for the soundtrack and I came up with this list of songs:

Also there are some spoilers here, so be careful...

Dance Through the Danger (duh)
Neo Burning Town (I feel like this version of the theme best suits Smash)
The Nightmare Woods (Run Run Rottytops)
The Tenacious Tentacled Terror (Squid Baron)
Cape Crustacean (did you kill the racers because you thought that you had too?)
Yo, Go Crazy (More Squid Baron)
High Above Tassel Town (The Sky Bridge)
Bolo's Theme (Oh, Bolo!)
Final Boss (HGH)
Final Boss (PC)
Boss Battle (HGH)
Rottytop's Theme (The Best One)
Risky Boot's Theme (HGH)
ORLY YARLY (It sounds funny)
Day Travel (RR)
Let's Make a Meal (It almost sounds as hectic as the Shantae thread a few hours ago...)
Trip Through Sequin Land (insert text here)
Scuttle Town (PC)
Streamworks (Saliva Island)
Back to the Roots (Cackle Tower)
Rave in the Grave (Zombie Island)
Cult of Personality (Those outfits though...)
Bran-Son (The hero Gotham needs!)
The Darkest Night (This track is so underrated!)
The Desolate Domain (Oubliette of Suffering)
The Floating Factory (Propeller Town)
DO U EVEN WHIP? (Yes that is the name of the song)
Credits (PC)
Uncle Mimic's Theme (HGH)
Counterfeit Mermaids (i don't really have to say anything here)
Barrel-O-Mermaids (the one with the slide)
Hypno Baron's Castle (the slimegals are too cute to kill...)
Risky's Hideout (Tinkerbat Factory)
Title (GBC)
Zombie Town (My girl Rotty)
Bandit Town (I'd say this is the one where bandits live)
Risky Boots Battle (GBC)

I hope you like it.

Last edited:

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I'm actually expecting Shantae to be more recognizable than anticipated.

If anyone ever browses the eshop, you're bound to bump into her. On the other hand, casual fans are less likely to be deep into the Nintendo history like us, missing out on Simon. I even saw a few that didn't recognize K. Rool. =P

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace

If anyone ever browses the eshop, you're bound to bump into her. On the other hand, casual fans are less likely to be deep into the Nintendo history like us, missing out on Simon. I even saw a few that didn't recognize K. Rool. =P
That one hurts me about K. Rool. And it's sadly true. 10 years can do soo much damage on a character.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978

What sad **** doesn't recognize K. Rool?

Top Bottom