• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Again, I think he just saw most of the other hashtags and didn't bat an eyelid the shantae4smash hashtag.
Now, if he retweeted that and it only had shantae4smash, then it would be a fatal red alarm.
I suppose but I noticed it right away, it's just something to keep an eye on though, it's really suspicious

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
I keep seeing this, but ignore it. What is the significance of being on the list, may I ask?
As petty as it sounds it's a great way to prove that you actually believed in Shantae beforehand if she gets revealed and a bunch of people bandwagon up and act like they totally knew she was gonna get in the whole time. I saw almost nobody but a few diehards believe that Richter would ever get his chance in Smash, and then as soon as he popped up a bunch of people immediately backtracked and claimed that he was "totally obvious if you know anything about Castlevania."

Another is that it's fun to feel like you're part of the club. It's all not that important really but it still feels cool, ya know?

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
I checked and near as I can tell, since March of 2017, the word "Smash" has only been on his page 6 times and only one was the #Shantae4Smash
And more than one of them might be for his traditional Easter Gladiators thing. So yeah, except for this time (which very likely wasn't immediately apparent to him), he was just as shut out as WayForward was. Though I'm certain that, in his role as the character owner/designer, he's under NDA for incredibly obvious reasons.

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
So, this is what I'm noticing. Any Tweet that is only about Shantae for Smash is ignored. Any Tweet that may possibly mention Shantae for Smash but also mentions something else is Liked or Retweeted by WayForward or Matt Bozon.

https://mobile.twitter.com/StudiosEdwards/status/1037777358781116417 (Matt Bozon Retweeted this image).

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ushimimi/status/1036791665329991680 (WayForward likes this Tweet around September 3rd).

https://mobile.twitter.com/WayForward/status/1037872178912317440 (Shantae for Smash is brought up but no comment).

https://mobile.twitter.com/WayForward/status/1034967628043808768 (Shantae for Smash is mentioned more than enough times for them to see yet they're ignored).

NDA could still very well heavily be in effect. Not once have they commented about it since the ending of the ballot.

Last edited:

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
I checked and near as I can tell, since March of 2017, the word "Smash" has only been on his page 6 times and only one was the #Shantae4Smash
If that's the case then this has to mean something, I mean, I'm sure he loves the Fan art, but the smash text is just thrown in there.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Really now? I tend to go Occam's Razor on these sorts of things and assume that he was just retweeting a fanart, nothing more nothing less. The fact that he hasn't retweeted a lot of Shantae Smash stuff though is interesting.

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
So...are we saying that him retweeting this is a mark for Shantae's inclusion or a mark against?

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
So...are we saying that him retweeting this is a mark for Shantae's inclusion or a mark against?
He probably didn't notice it in the 7 hashtags that tweet has, but its hard to say. I know i dont look at every hashtag on every post i look at.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
I think NDAs will stay until they're revealed or they're let go. No other time, no other space.
Mean, look at YCG when you want some evidence of this in action :p
Remember, it's just fanart, very broad fanart that may ultimately just be in reference to HGH's Costume DLC and nothing else. There's no truly underlying meaning of the picture itself, which helps. So I say it's neither nor.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I would say neither. A hypothetical NDA just means they can't talk about Shantae being playable in Smash. The easiest way to do that is to simply not acknowledge the subject of Smash all together. I've really only noticed Wayforward and Matt acknowledge Shantae4Smash in tweets that generally just haphazardly throw it in with no real relation to the tweet itself.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I come back and you're one page ahead of Geno. way to go, shantae is on the up & up :)

Gonna check out this tweet that's being talked about..
Doesn't seem to be much since the tweets aren't about smash, but interesting that he did retweet a couple of those. Don't think it changes anything..

Last edited:

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
90% of WayForward's Twitter has been fan art. I don't think there is anymore info we can pick up from them for Smash. We know they won't comment on it so... idk. Their Twitter is gonna be very bare bones for a while.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
90% of WayForward's Twitter has been fan art. I don't think there is anymore info we can pick up from them for Smash. We know they won't comment on it so... idk. Their Twitter is gonna be very bare bones for a while.
Hopefully not for long hahaha

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
So, can we seriously bring up that Daisy topic agian? I feel like this was just brushed off but...
1. Look how awkward she looks.
2. What other popular request would even ve interacting with Daisy in that manner.

Idk. I know some of y'all tryna sleep but... man, idk. Feels like this should be touched upon a little more.

Does anyone have that image, btw?

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
So, can we seriously bring up that Daisy topic agian? I feel like this was just brushed off but...
2. What other popular request would even ve interacting with Daisy in that manner.

Idk. I know some of y'all tryna sleep but... man, idk. Feels like this should be touched upon a little more.

daisyshantae.png

It's honestly the most exciting piece of evidence we have in my opinion. I can't think of a single other character that would fit in there.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Maybe Dixie Kong?

DOTBHDD

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Dixie Kong?
I think so too... maybe. But she would be paired up with her boyfriend; Diddy, yeah? And Isabelle would be with Villager.

So Dixie is a maybe and Isabelle is a maybe. How many series are cross interacting?

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Matt retweeting a piece of fan art that has the #ShantaeForSmash hashtag most likely wouldn't be violating an NDA, but it is odd that he did that the day the Direct was supposed to happen just like it's odd that Half Genie Hero was 30% off on the same day.

How much circumstantial evidence can one character have?

ProtoTwi

Smash Ace
NNID
Proto-Twi
Matt retweeting a piece of fan art that has the #ShantaeForSmash hashtag most likely wouldn't be violating an NDA, but it is odd that he did that the day the Direct was supposed to happen just like it's odd that Half Genie Hero was 30% off on the same day.

How much circumstantial evidence can one character have?
i wouldnt use the 30% off as "evidence" Amazon seemingly randomly puts things on sale, If it was the Eshop then there might be something there.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Heya, Mod speaking time.

I've recently given out some warnings and infractions here. Now, it might seem harsh, but this is an issue as is. As per the rules, please try to spoiler any images that are a little risque, with a note saying that. Another, is that to not post videos that have uncensored swearing in them. Then, there's the fact Media-only posts are popping up(just a Link, a Video, a Picture). As well as double posts. Let's avoid these things and follow the rules a bit more carefully, please. https://smashboards.com/help/terms#privacypolicy Here's the full link to the rules.

Lastly, and this is due to the leaks(well, rumors) popping up. There's been a bit of uncivil behavior lately about this factor(yes, I've taken care of it as well). Not all users like reading leaks right out into the opening. On the other hand, leaks are really rampant here, so every single one being in spoilers would make the discussion look weird. Either way, it's up to the topic in general(maybe a poll or something?) if you guys want to spoiler these leaks or not. It is respectful to do so, as some want to be surprised or avoid constant leaks(part of why some don't frequent 4chan). Yellowlord Yellowlord Would you rather make a poll or just let people say their piece here and I'll enforce it.

Now for my piece; I honestly think she'll be in the game. Playable, Assist Trophy, or Trophy. Either way, a Trophy is guaranteed, but I'm not sure she's a lock beyond that part. I feel she has a good chance of being in gameplay though. Her biggest competition for "very relevant and popular Indies" is Shovel Knight, and he's in the gameplay via an AT. This is why I feel she's a lock for being present in the game. I could be wrong, but considering the various tweets by WayForward, I think they're under NDA.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Heya, Mod speaking time.

I've recently given out some warnings and infractions here. Now, it might seem harsh, but this is an issue as is. As per the rules, please try to spoiler any images that are a little risque, with a note saying that. Another, is that to not post videos that have uncensored swearing in them. Then, there's the fact Media-only posts are popping up(just a Link, a Video, a Picture). As well as double posts. Let's avoid these things and follow the rules a bit more carefully, please. https://smashboards.com/help/terms#privacypolicy Here's the full link to the rules.

Lastly, and this is due to the leaks(well, rumors) popping up. There's been a bit of uncivil behavior lately about this factor(yes, I've taken care of it as well). Not all users like reading leaks right out into the opening. On the other hand, leaks are really rampant here, so every single one being in spoilers would make the discussion look weird. Either way, it's up to the topic in general(maybe a poll or something?) if you guys want to spoiler these leaks or not. It is respectful to do so, as some want to be surprised or avoid constant leaks(part of why some don't frequent 4chan). Yellowlord Yellowlord Would you rather make a poll or just let people say their piece here and I'll enforce it.

Now for my piece; I honestly think she'll be in the game. Playable, Assist Trophy, or Trophy. Either way, a Trophy is guaranteed, but I'm not sure she's a lock beyond that part. I feel she has a good chance of being in gameplay though. Her biggest competition for "very relevant and popular Indies" is Shovel Knight, and he's in the gameplay via an AT. This is why I feel she's a lock for being present in the game. I could be wrong, but considering the various tweets by WayForward, I think they're under NDA.
Are you referring to the Twitter posts by chance?

Veodok

コードー002
Switch FC
SW-0381-1083-3350
Heya, Mod speaking time.
I've got a very serious question. Why are media only replies not allowed on the board? Why do I need to add unneccessary text to a reply if the thing I'm replying to is simply asking for a piece of media?

What difference is there between "Here is the image: [image]" and just posting the image alone? What is gained? What is lost by not adding text?

Last edited:
Top Bottom