• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I'll be visiting the forum here and there, but I'm pretty 'seasonal', I'm more around when it's closer to something coming out, or at least some interesting speculation :p
That pretty much always has been the case with me. I've learned a long time ago, that it's not wise to spend constant time on here vying for your most wanted.

Just like it is not wise to hinge on every little thing, or so much as a delay of a book as some sign that a particular fighter is getting in.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That pretty much always has been the case with me. I've learned a long time ago, that it's not wise to spend constant time on here vying for your most wanted.

Just like it is not wise to hinge on every little thing, or so much as a delay of a book as some sign that a particular fighter is getting in.
Yeah honestly it makes me impatient if I think about smash wanted characters too much XD
Still I enjoy speculating and hanging around once in a while.

Right now it feels like since seph just came out there won't be too much new for a bit.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Teeb147 Teeb147 Tell me, when was the first time you met Apocalypso?
I think only in the last year. Never talked to him directly, just saw some of his videos and posts.
I don't mind someone who's a fan of Shantae, obviously :p And making connections or giving more hope and all that, but when someone makes a big deal of everything as if it means she'll be in smash, it's a bit much XD

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Right now it feels like since seph just came out there won't be too much new for a bit.
And I will admit, being my Number 2 most wanted pick, right after Phoenix Wright, Sephiroth certainly did see me breaking out of pattern to return here as well.

Been back ever since his announcement which has brought very interesting developments to these forums, let me tell you.
Teeb147 Teeb147 Tell me, when was the first time you met Apocalypso?
Who now?

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
And I will admit, being my Number 2 most wanted pick, right after Phoenix Wright, Sephiroth certainly did see me breaking out of pattern to return here as well.

Been back ever since his announcement which has brought very interesting developments to these forums, let me tell you.
Lol, well, at least some people are glad with it then :p Don't know what went on besides the geno thread closing. At least we still have 3 characters left to speculate about.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Barring unforeseen announcements from Wayforward, this year is looking to be one for Yacht Club games: Cyber Shadows and at least one new Shovel Knight game.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Off topic, but if you do play Super Smash Bros Crusade. The team are putting up an announcement for their development for 2021 and beyond. In the timestamp for this post, the video is not premiering yet.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
Another Youtuber takes a stab at what the ideal indie fighter roster would look like:

Aside from the confusion on Shantae’s origins which have been corrected in the comments section, it’s nice to see him shine light on so many indie series. I know we push for Shantae for Smash here, but there’s so many great indie characters that deserve some recognition.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hey buddy! A few days ago we were discussing The Art of Shantae being delayed to March and how it can potentially tie into Shantae for Smash.
Lol. it's an art book. So, pretty sure it doesn't tie into smash XD

Edit: Not to say timing for business doesn't matter.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hey it's been a while since I've been to this subforum, anything important happened?
Nothing much. Just that Seven Sirens was announced as one of the best selling Indie games at the Game Awards and we are still waiting for our Limited Run copies of the original Shantae. Nothing big has come up as of recent really.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Udon hasn't been the most reliable, though I'll still want to get the Shantae artbook from them if they can provide it. As for the delays, I don't believe it to mean Shantae's in Smash, since it's more an example of the company getting too close to the fire and burning from it in a metaphorical sense. If we want to be bedazzled, we'll need to wait until either March or June, with about a two week buffer on the beginning of March and a two week cut from June's end. Since the pandemic will still continue, it'll be unlikely E3 will happen, or would switch to a digital-only format, though most gaming executives will likely still want Late May-Early June to show off their potential products. As for the Febuary-March prediction? That's unlikely in of itself, though there was only a two month buffer between Sephiroth and Steve, so the possibility is all over the place for potential predictions instead of the otherwise safe three month patterns. This might also be the year Nintendo may try to tease a new mainline console, with an exceedingly small possibility prediction that BotW 2 could be a launch title. At least that's what I'm predicting for this year, even if these predictions are only as good as cigarette butts.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Next year will mark Shantae's 20th anniversary if we count the GBC title as her true beginning
Too bad Ultimate's DLC lineup will probably all be wrapped up before then. Not like anniversaries matters in terms of when a character get's revealed since Little Mac is the only character who was revealed on their game's anniversary from what I can recall.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
Wonder if waiting for restock on physical copies for Shantae GBC is the way to go 'cause the digital version seems like a myth 0~0

Dukefire

Smash Master
Pre-orders started since October....so either later January or February should the digital and physical versions be brought up.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So Nintendo has removed 250 DSiWare games from the 3DS Eshop including the original release of Risky's Revenge:

And this folks is why I prefer my games to be physical and not digital.
So that means we can't redownload it huh. Guess I should be careful if ever I try to fix my 3ds. If I can't get it again.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
You can redownload it if you have downloaded before. But for people that have never downloaded, they never will now.
Oh really, so it's still on their servers then? That's not that bad then, well it's not good for people who'd want to get it for the first time, but at least it's on the switch.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Oh really, so it's still on their servers then? That's not that bad then, well it's not good for people who'd want to get it for the first time, but at least it's on the switch.
Like I said, you can only download stuff you have downloaded before. Anything you have never downloaded is gone forever.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
once you buy and/or download it the first time online, it is yours forever in your personal data bank of games.
Well, yeah, but if you want to redownload it like if you get a new 3ds but with your old account, or just want to make some space, etc, that's what I was asking about, not the actual game on the device.

If they ever shut the servers down for 3ds, then you wouldn't be able to get it anymore.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Well, yeah, but if you want to redownload it like if you get a new 3ds but with your old account, or just want to make some space, etc, that's what I was asking about, not the actual game on the device.

If they ever shut the servers down for 3ds, then you wouldn't be able to get it anymore.
That I don't know. I lost my memory card during Hurricane Harvey in 2017 which had my Smash 3DS DLC data in it and the VC GBA, NES, SNES games that Nintendo gave out to certain fans who bought the 3DS before they jacked the price really down in 2011. I don't know if I could redownload the Smash 3DS DLC if they removed it now since my data was on that memory card. But the biggest loss was those VC games as only a certain number of Nintendo fans got it specifically those who paid for the 3DS at it's original price before they brought it down to like 299$ to 199$. People were upset about that and Nintendo gave them including me GBA, NES, and SNES games on the 3DS VC back in 2011.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That I don't know. I lost my memory card during Hurricane Harvey in 2017 which had my Smash 3DS DLC data in it and the VC GBA, NES, SNES games that Nintendo gave out to certain fans who bought the 3DS before they jacked the price really down in 2011. I don't know if I could redownload the Smash 3DS DLC if they removed it now since my data was on that memory card. But the biggest loss was those VC games as only a certain number of Nintendo fans got it specifically those who paid for the 3DS at it's original price before they brought it down to like 299$ to 199$. People were upset about that and Nintendo gave them including me GBA, NES, and SNES games on the 3DS VC back in 2011.
You can redownload them if it was tied to your nintendo account. But you say fans were upset, so I guess they took those games completely off?

In any case yeah there's always a down side to digital games, one being that eventually you wont be able to download them when the system is totally dropped. I always try to get physical copies for the games I really want anyway. As for the old classics, well.. there's lots of ways to play them :p

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You can redownload them if it was tied to your nintendo account. But you say fans were upset, so I guess they took those games completely off?

In any case yeah there's always a down side to digital games, one being that eventually you wont be able to download them when the system is totally dropped. I always try to get physical copies for the games I really want anyway. As for the old classics, well.. there's lots of ways to play them :p
I was talking about something that happened in 2011. The GBA VC games that Nintendo gave out to us fans who bought the 3DS for it's original price is gone forever. I don't think there's no way in downloading those games unless you find the memory card that stored that data. In my case, I lost it. GBA on VC was never made publicly available to 3DS owners but only the people Nintendo gave it to in 2011.

Schonberg

Smash Journeyman
So that means we can't redownload it huh. Guess I should be careful if ever I try to fix my 3ds. If I can't get it again.
It’s unfortunate, and it looks like it was tied to release date - anything made before May 2011 it looks like. I’m hoping it was just a glitch since they didn’t announce it even in the smallest sense.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I remember I got free GBA titles years ago and I can still redownload them today on my 3DS.

Some of the GBA VC titles I have:
Metroid Fusion
Fire Emblem the Sacred Stones
Wario Land 4

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I remember I got free GBA titles years ago and I can still redownload them today on my 3DS.

Some of the GBA VC titles I have:
Metroid Fusion
Fire Emblem the Sacred Stones
Wario Land 4
Same here. I lost my memory card that had them during Hurricane Harvey. I wonder if I could still download them on my 3DS.

Top Bottom