• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown V - August 29-31! Congrats to all winners! Comments and Shoutouts please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
like many other smashers i am now ill but also aware that the past weekend was one of the greatest weekends of our lives.

our pool runner volunteers deserve to be acknolwedged for their efforts. so a big thank you to dreadtech, boris, SD, downer, dom hynes, jei, lee, plasia, tak, JKTS, Izzago. Also thanks to others (including interstaters!) who offered their time but were spared in the end.

as said previously, anyone and everyone who brought a TV, thank you thank you thankyou.

now some shoutouts, mainly people I played against in bracket or crews:

lucky: thanks for destroying me. thanks even more for picking falcon. super thanks for not recovering after my crews dunk.

armada: as rusty as I felt you played this weekend (or was it simply the weird aus playstyles?), it was still great to see you breeze through melee and PM singles at such a high level. embracing aus culture (and also aus players such as dreadtech) meant a lot to me.

perth crew (general, but also invididually shouted out below): good to see that none of you are ***** and are also very loud and supportive of each other. love the character diversity and specific PM character and matchup knowledge!
however! while vic (and indeed most of EC) has a long way to catchup in terms of this PM knowledge, I feel perth currently lacks in other more general areas of smash skills. from what I hear though, you have frequent tournaments and meets, so with experience I'm confident you can develop your general smash intuitions.
and thanks for not taking me up on the $100 redact bet, phew!

nz crew: impressed that you were all still awake throughout the event. special thanks to evan for helping to organise the crew battle.

zero: though we didn't talk, I must say I was surprised you didn't get further in the melee and pm brackets. you are very, very talented at both games and a joy to watch.

shaya: thanks for being the person who perhaps most empathised with my troubles in the PM sets against corpse and chappos. even though we disagreed on the outcome of brawl teams, I appreciate that you understood and acknowledged both sides of the argument. takes some class.

sieg: welcome back mate!

chappos: good on ya for the redact comeback, but even more impressive to me was your aggresiveness at the end of our set. not easy to be aggresive and confident in such a close match with so much on the line (or with metaknight maybe it is? what the heck would i know LOL), but you nailed it. then i hear you only started playing competitively this year? please stay the hell away from melee

corpsecreate: always a pleasure. congrats on the amazing losers run after the winners bracket upset to atticus.

atticus: how i wish you had just won a few more sets against some of perth's finest and played chappos on the stream. then again i probably wouldn't have felt as compelled to defeat corpse and may have given up after game 1... grats on a decent melee showing, especially the CAOTIC set, that dude was on fire whenever i watched him.

sundowns: didn't rate you at all after our pools match, but you made some excellent choices in teams, and then that losers bracket run in singles! especially the jamwa win. there's a player I really respect and admire, so well done.

vlade: our PM set was a perfect example of the conflicting PM styles of east and west australia. I'm relying solely on reads and game tempo/stage positioning, while you surprise me with fundamentals and movement of a character i've never played against, let alone of such high caliber. intense stuff. please never tie in a tie breaker ever again LOL. good to also meet a name i'd known of for years.

dd: exciting improvments. incorporating more rests into your melee game will ensure you get into future brackets and beyond. it can and will happen!

tinman: enjoyed our intense PM set. grats on brawl (as expected!) but also grats on the nido win, that really shocked me.

1der: there's always some surprisinly skilled players, and this year you were one of them. unfortunately, there's also always unfortunate pools seeding for certain players, and this was also you.

forte/corpse: you were in the same pm pool and you vsed round 1 of bracket? you should both know to tell me and get that changed! ah well.

karu: enjoyed our melee set. super impressed that you defeated joey 2-0 after the pools loss. that man knows luigi vs spacies (well especially fox) very very well. some of your movement and combos is truly unique and awesome, much like

unreon: makes pm bracket but not melee, then loses first round to jei but still climbs to 9th? WAT!??! also a BIG THANKS for writing out the pools sheets!

trissy: though not many saw it, this was perhaps the tightest 2-0 i've had in years, perhaps ever. congratulations on being as amazing as I'd hoped you would be (but no more than that, you scary).

splice: (#1 on the shoutouts PR):

standard static/lazy dekar marth has been crushed by you for a while now. only a matter of time before you climb high enough to start having some seriously engaging back and forths.
the syke win... my grandchildren... you know it

dreadtech: YESSSSS

surprise: i have your medal. shadowloo mispelled your name, but i guess it's kind of appropriate considering the context.

coach orion: the puck definitely wasn't mine at the end of game 4 vs SD, but we know how to handle those situations.

dekar - if you want to keep placing well, you'd better start using chaingrab combos from 0 to death like the good ol' days and take 20 ****ing minutes to practice and incorporate JC grabs into your game. maybe actually look into this 'Project M' game a bit more too? also you pretty much promised every player you'd visit their region, so better start looking into flights... or roadtrips!

shadowloo photographer: GROUP PHOTO. NOW.

brackets:
http://challonge.com/SSBRAWLDUBSV2
http://challonge.com/ss2014pmdubs
http://challonge.com/ss2014mdubs
http://challonge.com/ssbrawlsingles
http://challonge.com/ssmeleesingles
http://challonge.com/sspmsingles

never am I trying harder or more focused on a match than when there is a dekar chant, thankyou all.

Last edited:

Richard7

Smash Ace
Not sure if it's only meant to be insider information at this point, but Shadowloo will be running in February from now on.

EDIT: If I knew how to disable my signature for small posts I would.

Last edited:

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Not sure if it's only meant to be insider information at this point, but Shadowloo will be running in February from now on.

EDIT: If I knew how to disable my signature for small posts I would.
It was my understanding that this was not confirmed.

And judging from the event's success this year, I'd doubt they'd change it. Unless they're trying to cut in on Buttonsmash and BAM for the first Smash 4 major.

Splice

Smash Hero
A single glistening droplet ran down my face and caught on the hair stubs of my chin, the general content of the post and my appreciation for Dekar swelling up inside of me as I read his shoutouts. This occurrence reminded me that this weekend I cried the most tears of happiness across a single weekend that I can remember, especially during Armada's speech and during many of the passionate chants, including the East Coast's embrace of Armada as one of their own during the clutch sets against Perth's best.
Such a great weekend, such a great community, love it love everyone

... I bet $50 on Chappos.
I feel like I know where this is going....

Last edited:

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Okay shout outs for real

To all the organisers - you know who you are - amazing, passionate and selfless people.

To all the helpers - there are more of you than you think - thanks for every thing, big and especially small, that lead to everything running as well as it did.

To all community as a whole - I think we did well presenting ourselves to the world. We still have a long way to go but I think we will have great momentum moving into smash 4 and beyond.

And now to everyone I shouted at and/or with.

Max - Dude you saved my butt so many times. Please teach me to stream and we will rule the (commentary) world.

SD - 3223 indented head for life.

Cao - You set an example for which I aspire for in both my smash and professional careers. You're just awesome.

Shaya - Thanks for holding down commentary for so long. If Melbourne TO's screw you over again, you're always welcome at the commentary desk.

Smopup - My biggest regret is not commentating with you. My second is not playing you in tournament. In other words, move to Melbourne please.

Mytus - My commentary pupil has graduated...into a good player. Oh well, maybe you can commentate when you're not winning all the time.

Attila - I don't know how you guilted me into letting you commentate melee over me. Maybe its your charm and winning smile. You jerk.

Tibs - Bro. You helped out so much. Come to tournies more.

Corpse - Thanks for filling in, I won't bother you about it ever again.

(other) Sam from WA - Another sam. Another WA'er. Another fill-in. Thanks for the help, glad you actually liked doing it.

Deany Deany Dean Dean - Nicest guy, except to me. With me, your're the funniest. Shame about doubles, thats how it goes sometimes.

Jamwa - Sorry for yelling at you to just go from one side of the room to the other. At least I'm better than Dekar right?

Cal - Thanks for filling in when you could. Sorry about chat. Hopefully we get you on more.

Hobobloke - Thanks for filling in. No thanks for jumping on without asking and then turning the commentary cam onto players when you could've simply pressed a button. Overall 8/10, would get to commentate again.

Lucky - Batman begins!

Skeletom - Look at this one weird trick to make 35 year olds love you! Hairdressers hate him!

Miles - We need more of you on mic. Miles warehouse 2?

PCG - Sick burn on mytus' introduction. great lifts. can you stop being awesome?

Splice - I'll get you a roll next time I swear.

Forte - Don't be mean, I'm doing my taxes.

Vlade - Couldn't find you Friday so as punishment you had to miss dinner.

Moxie - Commentary bro #1. Thanks for putting up with cup

Cup - Commentary bro #2. Thanks for putting up with me

Tinman - You're welcome for the coaching.

DD - You got to commentate one game and it was a jv5. Why didn't I have you on more?

DZ - Play one character and you'll beat half of VIC

Leeyam - Thanks for commentating crews. Always tough first time...I mean, do you even have the game in NZ?

Redact - No shout-outs for you at the end? You're the people champ.

Dekar - See you next monthly

X - Shirtless commentary? Think about it

Baileeh - Don't take **** from no one (except me)

Jei - Way to say one word and gtfo lol. Sorry about the streaming to your daughter thing.

Jason - Don't tell anyone about the the thing we talk about at the bar. You know, the thing on the thing? Yup. Okay.

KTMFinx - Always good to laugh with you over how dumb PM is

Gords - You're better than timic. I know thats no consolation.

Karu - I'm salty

Sieg - Its you! Everyone its Sieg!

Zero - Great seeing you again after all this time. I still remember you getting a dozen donuts for dinner at Robocop. lol

Dreadtech - I love your reaction to hypothetical future me screaming at little children over video games. Lets go trade mark dread zone

Terrorhawk - Joey fan #1. Shame about axis

Tris - 2 good for me

BenG - all you NZ'ers look the same

Grim - I'll go tell the children...

SA guys - your collective hesitance to financially back your boy means there's hope for your guys yet.

Basty - come find me irl instead of talking to me on stream lol

Kelots - The bus has departed!

Bus - How are you so good?

Juci - You're always around bro. Coolest guy i swear. #no filter

Unreon - Sliding tower of salt was actually the episode where they get snowed in at school, not the one where they are trapped in the cabin.

Racist guy in the pub - bingo!

Chappos and Sundowns - thanks for putting up with my **** talk in the crowd

WA guys - thanks for dishing out just as much **** talk

Armada - Professional through and through. I hate abusers too but I will always play the race card.

Syke - I was syked to see you syke out your opponents with your sykological games that syke syke syke

Meredyze aka Meredyse aka merryberry aka Skyla your dsmash on platform was a better combo than our attempted wombo combo. 2g

Ndowner - gg. your sheik is good but your to'ing is better.

Hughie - #2 commentary runner - did jack all and yet everything got done. 2g, played it to perfection

Nido - milk!

Timic - Are you really friends with milton? No really?

Milton - ggs.

Cody - How are you so good as you are swole?

1am% - I still don't know where your cables are but I'll try to find out where.

Nano - Ask me for weegee tips any day.

Hobs - Definite improvement. Needs mo' pills tho

Haikal's bro - My bro will beat your bro any day.

Haikal - gahhh. I screwed up! We could've had daniel eat his pants! Can we just lie? I still have my 4th place bam 2013 certificate. Its signed and everything.

Atticus - Sunk costs.

Tak - do dO do do.

Surprise - please don't geolocate my house from the picture I posted. Alternatively, please sign my harry ponting portrait on your way out from watching me sleep after you do find out where I live.

Toshi - lets do this again please.

It was a joy being able to head commentary. I actually prefer to go around talking (or shouting) to/at people rather than take things too seriously and now I get an excuse to do it. Thanks to all of those to helped out, it was great fun meeting and talking to everyone over these dumb yet amazing games.

Last edited:

Pete278

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to Splice for recognizing me presumably entirely based on cosplay and shoutouts to BB for running an hour late and making me run between PM pools and BB.

Splice

Smash Hero
Shoutouts to Splice for recognizing me presumably entirely based on cosplay
It was too easy! Did you get the opportunity to bond with Timic over a mutual affection for Bridget? Maybe next time.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Hobobloke - Thanks for filling in. No thanks for jumping on without asking and then turning the commentary cam onto players when you could've simply pressed a button. Overall 8/10, would get to commentate again..
I was asked to commentate by what I presumed was someone involved with running the tournament as they wanted a Perth player on the mic, wasn't trying to hijack the stream or anything.

I have no voice and the post SS plague, despite that it was an amazing week and a great event. All the people I got to talk to/chill with were all cool dudes, you know who you are.

Props to the guys I saw playing on a 64 setup, sad I never got round to asking for some games.

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Alright, I'm on the train into the city, finally away from cutting vods, which i'll finish up later. (e: then Lucky and Redact hopped my train so I'll finish this later :D)
Prepare your butts this is a LONG POST!

First just want to say a massive thank you to every player that attended Shadowloo Showdown V! The huge turnout lead to incredible hype, which lead to everyone watching some of the most hype matches of smash in their life! I enjoyed every match that was put on stream, from Cal getting bodied by Haikal, to Lucky JV5ing some poor Game and Watch, then watching Syke Wreck everyone he touched in doubles!

And I must apologize to the people I snapped at over the weekend, tiredness johns were true but no excuse to react like that.

So I'm on my phone and formatting is gonna look stupid as well as stupid autocorrect so dealw/it.
In no order.

Joey: - You did a great job at keeping people ready to jump on the mic whenever it was needed, I know there were some really annoying technical quirks which made for an interesting commentating experience, but we'll have them ironed out for next time. And i love you on commentary, its the burst hype that really appeals to viewers like me haha. Also I need to play your Luigi more man, we never get to play, and I have no doubt you can wreck Falco's easier to than I can deal with Luigi's right now.
I owe you a beer too.

Dreadtech: - I've been watching you improve very steadily over the past few months, and you just absolutely blew me away with your doubles performance with Armada! Honestly man, if you can get in that zone, and focus that hard on tournament sets in the future, then I have high hopes that you will VERY quickly rise to be a top player. And huge props for the effort that you put in helping TO and find players for matches.
You need to play more Melee!

JereMytus: - Mate, you're a ****ing legend! I know you were stressing a bit about your pools match against Timic, but you listened well and pulled ahead to the spot that you definitely deserve! I don't think we actually played each other LOL, but you're always welcome back for barries! I'm coming to Queensland for Buttonsmash, if not even earlier, so I hope we get to catch up then!

Splice: - Good stuff all around man, taking out Syke then Smopup in bracket is crazy impressive, I just wish I could watch your match vs Syke. OMG Cal and I's doubles match in PM with Tinman, I think I played the best doubles I've ever played in my life! Now, I've always looked at your Falco strangely as it's been MASSIVELY different from the Falco I've been playing this year, but every single time I talk to you about this game, I pick up something huge. I'm telling you man, that tiny little trick you showed me for Shine OOS now, it's gonna bite you in the ass in the future!

Cao: - My first thought when I saw you in my pool was... oh crap, but then I just kept thinking about it and I was hyping myself for my pools set against you all week! I know you were feeling real rusty and you were DEFINITELY playing better by the end of the weekend, just the fact that I prepped so hard in my head and had to work SO HARD in my first pools match, I think it really made me that much more confident for the rest of pools! Amazing show by you with Sam in doubles, and I really hope to be able to see you play more in the future!

Smopup: - I love watching your Fox and Falcon man, the way you play, the style, MAN! I'm glad you and the Queensland guys managed to make it over on Friday morning for those friendlies, sucked you missed Armada and Lucky, but I'm sure you still enjoyed it!! Awesome performance in singles over the weekend as well, I'm glad you were on SD's side of the bracket, I've been wanting to watch you two play for SO LONG! Just keep playing the way your playing, it's SOO GOOD to watch, I want more spacies like that!

Attila: - Learn to tech FARK. While I wasn't super happy that Brawl was between PM and Melee on stream, I legitimately enjoyed watching Brawl singles finals, the way 1 stock sets work really keeps me involved in the match. Sucks you ended up losing out to Tinman again, watching you playing Brawl with Tinman and Tibs, the mindgames involved are insane. I can't wait to see you play Smash 4, and hopefully a lot more Melee in the future!

Tibs: - Uggh, You've beaten me at 2 majors now, FARK I can't deal with Fox, the baits are too real. Good seeing you again though, I had heaps of fun commentating for the short amount we did, and you did a great job at it. PLEASE come to more tournies!

Skeletom: - You're doubles sets with Lucky were soooo goood to watch, your match against Cao and SD was some of the craziest doubles stuff I've seen haha. Sucks barely played, but it's just as awesome to watch. UGGH WE NEED MORE FALCONS! Having you on commentary is awesome, sucks mic's were being ****ty when you were on, but I'd like you on mic more in the future if you're happy to do it.

Phrase: - I love your attitude towards this game, just don't feel too disheartened when you die a good punish. I can see you recognizing your errors when we play, Friday morning and when we played in pools and it's only a matter of time till you'll be a serious threat to everyone. The conversations we have about this game, you get me thinking on a whole different level. Awesome hanging with you this weekend, and I hope we get to chill more in the future, especially when I'm up for Buttonsmash!
Also, my brother is an aspiring game designer and I know he would absolutely love it if you had a look at his recent LudumDare project!

Redact: - Massive thank you for everything you have done to make this the most awesome week of smash in my life, and I'm sure nearly everyone elses! Thanks for being patient with me with my slow ass responses to everything, having you around means **** gets done! You'll never live this down, I'm gonna keep making you work for PM wins at tournies with my gigantic roster of jank, so next time Perth won't have ****. Also thanks for letting me host one of the donor meets, it got me so hype for the whole week, I can't thank you enough!

Cal: - Good to have you over again man, I always learn so much when I vs you, PURELY because I despise losing to you more than ANYONE else, and I know you hate losing to me just as much, lol. Gotta work on your chokes man, I know tiredness Johns were in full force this weekend, but fark, a few too many slip ups this time. BUT THEN, we play some melee on Monday and we both play some fkin spastic new level of melee that none of us have ever done before, so much leveling up, like, I don't even. Good work beating Tom too, how the **** can my falcon takes games yet you beat Tom, I don't even know.

Dekar: - Amazing work getting everything sorted again man, just awesome having you around, chill presence, I like that haha. You played SO GOOD this weekend, I've never gone so hard in a chant from when you were playing Armada.
Everyone in Melbourne Australia loves watching you play man, watching you pop off after the win is still bringing a smile to my face haha. Man I would love to see you play something new in PM*samus* , there's so much potential there!

Sieg: - Awesome seeing you again man, I know you didn't play smash, but just sweet seeing you again and reminiscing over old QLD times at Bob's house and his super mega comfortable carpet.

Bu$: - When did you get so good at crews, that Falcon punch was meant to hit and everyone knew it. Awesome job trashing NZ and just bringing all the Bus hype!

Atticus: - When are we going to go to a tournament and not vs eachother in the first 2 round of bracket, jesus. I'm not kidding though, you're at the top of my list of people to beat right now, I feel like we can really go back and forth depending on the day, but you can REALLY pinpoint my weaknesses in Falco with the Fox matchup. Seriously, I'm going to work my butt off to make sure I give you a solid run at the next tournament! Apart from that though, I really do enjoy chatting with you, I wish I got to more often.

Haikal: - So glad you managed to come over Friday morning to play smash with us and the QLD guys. Our spacies dittos are so much fun and I really hope I get to play you more, just vsing spacies on your level is where I feel I can really utilize my practice and see it going to work. You're always welcome over whenever man.

Nido: - Sorry for bailing on you in PM doubles, but I'm sure you went better with Hughie than you would have with me that day anyway haha, Samus ness just wasn't going to work. Still awesome to see you repping pm, just don't stop working, don't get complacent with tech training, don't stop practicing! I know you live pretty far away from me, but whenever you find yourself up north Melbourne, give me a call, I'd always be keen for some PM friendlies!

Julian: - Really nice meeting you man, even if it was a short break, that short walk to maccas with Cal and Unreon was a much needed break from the venue. Chatting with you guys cleared my head and got me out of some ****ty mood haha. Thanks for sticking with the moneymatch that got interrupted thanks to PM, but yeah, don't CP FD with Falcon when a Falco is feeling himself haha.

Beans: - Thank you for commentating with me on PM doubles. I feel like I get carried away at times when I start talking and just starting rambling ****, but you kept pointing out things I wasn't even looking for, it kept making me think more about the commentary, and I really think we did a good job at displaying the hype! I learnt so much about PM commentating those sets with you! I'd love to fly over to Perth at some time and just play PM for a week, so keen to catch up with you and the others again!

Chappos: - I was this close to losing money against you. I was REALLY not expecting such a strong PM show from Perth, you did an incredible job against Redact on Friday night. Coming back from a 2-0 deficit in a MM of that caliber with that much of a crowd is an incredible feat, mad props to you. You wrecked me in pools, no **** there, I definitely should have stuck with Samus, but for some reason I though I could just combo you out with Falco... NOPE! I'm keen to see you come back next year, and see if you and the rest of Perth can come back just as strong as you were this time. Enjoy your East Coast money!

SD: - Thanks again for all the help over the weekend, you live so far away and still put in so much effort to this and every tournament, it's amazing. Good to see you make it Thursday night, even if it was late, watching some of those double-shine>waveshine>doubleshine follow-ups were really starting to get me scared, haha. Incredible effort in Singles and Doubles this weekend, I'm glad you got a lot of stream time, especially with Lucky, you play at a VERY high level and you definitely showed it this weekend. I remember asking you in the pub friday night who you thought the most powerful doubles team outside of Lucky and Armada was, you laughed and just said "Cao and I", I thought about it at that moment, and paid attention to all of your matches. DOUBLES IS SOO GOOD, you played so well together, I've only just recently started to get an appreciation for doubles, it was some of the most entertaining doubles I've ever watched. I hope you're happy with your performance this weekend, it was outstanding.

Tinman: - Always nice seeing you man, just such a genuine niceguy! I'm glad we got to play a few games even if they were only doubles. Awesome work in Brawl man, The mindgames in that game are on a whole nother level for me when I watch these 1stock games, It's awesome. we really didn't get to chat a whole lot this weekend, but I'm always keen to catch up, and your always welcome over whenever you're in Melbourne man!

Juci: - Just keep working at it man, you're improving so fast it's crazy. Your walltechs are ****ing rediculous, if I could get them that consistantly I would be so happy. I think it's just awesome that someone so new to the community takes so much time to come and put in effort to events, come out for food and drinks, and just being an awesome mate! If you ever wanna smash and don't wanna travel all the way into the city man, you're always welcome over here to come play some games!

Burnout: - Thanks for stealing my munchy bag and dominating a weeks worth of mixed nuts in a weekend.

Everyone not mentioned: - I'm so sorry, I'm so tired, but you're all awesome!
¯¯
This post is already pretty long, but I'm gonna make it just a little longer.

I've now been playing this game for over seven years, I've had quite a few breaks from playing between '07 and '12, and for quite a while completely wrote off the game. I moved to Melbourne at the start of 2013, living in a financially ******** situation working a job that I absolutely despised at the time, but I had smash. From the first time I went to the old Shadowloo HQ and started meeting all the Melbourne guys, through to SSIV at the racecourse last year, then Miles House, and all the house meets all over the city, I've always has something smash related to look forwards too.
Smash is the Ultimate outlet for me (like I'm sure it is for many people that are still bothered reading my post this far down lol) it's provided the best social environment where everyone is comfortable all the time, and everyone can always talk ****, and everyone just genuinely enjoys themselves.

I really do try to do my best to make the smash community a better place, and I'm incredibly thankful for getting the community contribution award at SSV. I'm going to continue to do my best to make sure every Melbourne event has a high quality recording setup, and hopefully more streams in the future.

Thank you Melbourne Smash for making the past 18 months so amazing!
Thank you Australian Smash for making SSV the best time of my year!

I really just can not express my gratitude enough right now, I haven't had this feeling of Joy and excitement in years, not even kidding. I hope this doesn't come across as soppy crap.

<3

Last edited:

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
It was a thrill watching the tournament on stream. Lucky and Armada's presence only made it way more hype, and the scene here absolutely needs that more often. Any chance next year we'll see contestant numbers for Melee and Project M reach the 200s? It doesn't seem like it would be too farfetched. =D

Basty

Smash Ace
Joey wtf I saw you like 8 times on both friday and saturday next time get your **** together then I can fight you IRL

Last edited:

NanoHologuise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3110-6094-3408
Shoutouts:
Everyone who TOed, managed pools, managed and commentated on stream, and made this tourney awesome. Completely blew my mind for my 4th tourney.

Bdawg for the doubles and friendlies, sorry we both had to leave early on Saturday. Hopefully the next time I see you I can turn your Ivysaur into the perfect combo fodder for my wolf :p Nice triple missfire. Those games vs Lucky were awesome to watch, keep it up.

Gords for what was probably my best/most entertaining pools match, I haven't every gotten as many misfires as I did in that 3rd game, besides the fact I called 3 of them. Perks of being a luigi main I guess

Marz for toning down the trash talk I normally hear from you when I see you, work on your Weegee edgeguards and wavelands, and BACKTHROW, not DOWNTHROW with NESS to KILL. Was great seeing you finally at tournament, hope to see you round at others so I can rek you again xD

Joey for our first confrontation, there will be more. I'll be watching... :) And I'll probably be taking up the offer for weegee tips. Also, that luigi Nair ladder tho

Millun, if you want to wavedash downsmash, please take up weegee

Next tourney if possible I'd love to jump on the mic sometime, in retrospect it seems appealing and I'd love to try my hand/mouth at it

I can feel myself improving, and by that I mean getting 1/2 stocked instead of 3/4. Gonna hit the lab. Prepare your anus melbourne. xXx_weegee_xXx_master_xXx is coming. xD

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
I was asked to commentate by what I presumed was someone involved with running the tournament as they wanted a Perth player on the mic, wasn't trying to hijack the stream or anything.
All cool bro. All things considered you did the right thing, I was just in control freak mode all weekend. I would love to have you on again.

Joey wtf I saw you like 8 times on both friday and saturday next time get your **** together then I can fight you IRL
I mean, come say hi and have a chat. I saw in twitch chat you were disappointed not meeting me. We can stream our irl fight next time.

S.D

Smash Master
A single glistening droplet ran down my face and caught on the hair stubs of my chin, the general content of the post and my appreciation for Dekar swelling up inside of me as I read his shoutouts.
I personally cried the saltiest tears for pure lack of dekar shouts, and my beard is thicker than yours.

I've now been playing this game for over seven years, I've had quite a few breaks from playing between '07 and '12, and for quite a while completely wrote off the game. I moved to Melbourne at the start of 2013, living in a financially ******** situation working a job that I absolutely despised at the time, but I had smash. From the first time I went to the old Shadowloo HQ and started meeting all the Melbourne guys, through to SSIV at the racecourse last year, then Miles House, and all the house meets all over the city, I've always has something smash related to look forwards too.
Smash is the Ultimate outlet for me (like I'm sure it is for many people that are still bothered reading my post this far down lol) it's provided the best social environment where everyone is comfortable all the time, and everyone can always talk ****, and everyone just genuinely enjoys themselves.

<3
You're not alone here, I think smash is exactly this for most of us. A little haven all of our own away from the real world, where everything and everyone is as it should be <3.

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

First up, if they see it, @ A Armada and @LuCKy thank you so much for coming out here. I'm sure you guys had a great time, but you have really done the Smash community a great service by gracing us with your presence. The exposure and experience you brought to us will not be forgotten, and we hope that you will come out to visit us again one day in the future!

@Redact - Thank you for putting on one of the best weekends in my entire life. 22 times around the sun and I have rarely (if ever) experienced that amount of fun over three days. While we didn't get to play each other, you're an immensely talented guy who I can tell has such a passion for this game. It's people like you who have made me want to become involved in this community and become the best I can be. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

@ Splice Splice - I am really sad we didn't get a picture together with our awards! You're becoming a truly amazing player at this game, and I can't help but look at your progress and feel inspired. You are one of the most friendly, welcoming and kind people I have met playing Smash and I can't wait to see where you go. If anyone had to single-handedly decimate Queensland, then I am glad it was you. You'll be entered in the pages of our state's history with the title of "Conquerer".

@ Hardpelicn Hardpelicn - Max! Thank you so much for your hospitality on Thursday night. I sometimes get a little anxious while traveling interstate, but coming straight from the airport to your humble abode made me feel right at home - particularly with the barries! Monster effort getting the stream running as well, it looked amazing. We'll be sure to find some time to play each other next time, haha!

@ joeyjoeyjoejoe joeyjoeyjoejoe - You were one of the most vibrant personalities I met this weekend, thanks for letting me in on the mic and getting me involved. I felt so welcome and privileged to be able to stand behind the streaming table and not get yelled at by Dekar to get out! I have to admit that your trash talk caught me totally off guard during the Vic vs. QLD crew battle - you're too witty and fast for me to throw out some half-decent comebacks! Can't wait to meet you again, you're such an awesome guy to be around.

@ PrettyCoolGuy PrettyCoolGuy and @milestaf - You guys got the better of myself and @phrase this time, but that only puts the score at 1-1! We hope to see you both at ButtonSmash next year (or sooner) for the decider. Always a pleasure to see you, it just made me so happy walking around the venue and bumping into you guys for a chat. Also PCG, I was too shy to say anything IRL but your hair is amazing and I wish I could wear mine like that. You're a gorgeous man. <3

@ S.D S.D - After hearing Gerard speak so highly of you since he started playing Melee with me, it was amazing to finally meet you. You're an incredible player, and it now makes so much sense to me how Gerard's attitude towards the game turned out when he had you around. I only played you in pools, but thank you for the encouragement and advice after our games. You seemed to have more energy than anyone else all weekend - you dealing with the security guard while we all hid in the hotel room for the silent crew battle was hilarious.

@Gords - You're a Queenslander at heart. I don't think I could have ever imagined enjoying being referred to as a hardware store franchise before I met you. You're an outrageously nice guy who has this way of telling stories that keeps people captivated. Definitely let me know when that Zelda marathon is on in Sydney, I would love to see if I can attend. I'll remember playing Sheik/Zelda vs. Armada and Syke in doubles with you for the rest of my life. I secretly hope "Mitre 10" becomes my new nickname!

@ Dekar289 Dekar289 - Thanks for helping run the event and keeping things smooth. Great games, you put on quite the show! I wanted to approach you to play some friendlies, but there never seemed to be a good moment. Next time I'll seek you out and make sure it happens. You're such a spectacular player and you deserved third place in Melee more than anyone else. Come up to Brisbane before ButtonSmash! <3

@Leeyam - It was a treat to meet you and all the other NZ players. I'm shouting out to you particularly because I talked to you more than the others and also had the pleasure of playing against you in my pool. Thank you for your kind words, and I really hope you guys can make the trip out again for ButtonSmash early next year! If not, maybe I'll see you in New Zealand one day, because if I ever visit, you guys will be at the top of the list for me to come see!

@Shaya - It's always a pleasure to see you! You're a really well-spoken guy and it was a joy to do commentating with you. Thank you for trying to moderate the silent crew battle, I don't think we would have even known who was on who's team if it wasn't for you. That was easily the funniest thing that happened all weekend for me, and I hope to see you at the next big event (otherwise, maybe catch up next time I visit Sydney)!

@Hughie - Awesome to meet you dude. You always had a smile on your face and it was awesome to chill out with you and spectate on some of the more hyper matches of the night. I don't know if many people tell you this, but it really inspires me to see a young man your age taking interest in Smash at a competitive level. Hopefully you can make it out of state for the next major, otherwise maybe catch up later this year when I return to Melbourne for PAX!

@ dreadtech dreadtech - Absolutely incredible to watch you play, I popped off harder than I did all weekend at some of your games. Although I don't think we played any games against each other, it was awesome to get to know you better on the final day and I look forward to meeting you again!

@Grim Tuesday - I said it to you in person, but it was really good to finally put a face to your name. You're a really fun guy to be around, and I thought I was going to die from laughter watching you play Ness in the silent crew battle ("KNOCK HIM OUT OF THE PARK, GRIM"). Good work on your placing, you deserved it. To you and all the SA guys who came out, thanks for coming and I hope to see you guys at ButtonSmash!

@SurPr15e - You're a studious young man, and while it sucked you couldn't attend, I think you made the right decision. In a way, by not turning up, you have only amplified the legend of SurPr15e. Congrats on your award - I am confident we will cross paths one day~!

@ Basty Basty - It was really cool to chat to you and Cloud for a while. Thank you for making the trip out here, a lot of people were really excited to meet you and I hope you and your family had a great time visiting Melbourne.
I hope to see ALL of you at ButtonSmash next year in Brisbane!
To anyone I have forgotten, please forgive me! Also, a Queensland-SSV-aftermath video is in the works.

Last edited:

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Yo Dekar, something I forgot to comment on was just how great you were playing. Looking back at some of the sets, I don't think my commentary really reflected how good you are at this game. In the past I've made the mistake of passing off your style as jank, but I think anyone who respects the depth of Melee knows that's not true. I have sooo much to learn from your approach to the game. Pls continue being super smart and pushing the Australian meta to new heights.

Splice

Smash Hero
Kaiza's gonna upload all the pool matches that were played on his setup in one (maybe several idk) big video, and he's gonna seperate the tournament matches into individual vids.
Miles vs PCG Money Match, Splice vs $pup tournament match and if I do recall correctly some games featuring Tristan and Armada.
This is his account
YouTube.com/sasmashtv

Last edited:

Meredy

The Busterina
Kaiza's gonna upload all the pool matches that were played on his setup in one (maybe several idk) big video, and he's gonna seperate the tournament matches into individual vids.
Miles vs PCG Money Match, Splice vs $pup tournament match and if I do recall correctly some games featuring Tristan and Armada.
This is his account
YouTube.com/sasmashtv
Considering this happened in Melbourne, would it at all be possible to get it on the Melbourne Melee channel?

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
I hope he uploads all the games on there. My bracket match against Armada was played on that setup, and I'd love to be able to show myself getting double four stocked by him to my grandchildren someday.

Meredy

The Busterina
I hope he uploads all the games on there. My bracket match against Armada was played on that setup, and I'd love to be able to show myself getting double four stocked by him to my grandchildren someday.
I played two fun sets on there with PCG and Hyes that I'd love to see uploaded.

JKTS

Smash Cadet
Huge shoutouts to all the people everyone has already shouted out. Dekar, Redact, SD, Plasia, Attila, Joey, Max and everyone else who made things run as silky smooth as they did. It's been said a hundred times how amazing a job you guys did this weekend and rightly so.

Armada & Lucky: I didn't expect you guys to be so tolerant with us scrubs. You guys were so friendly and fun to play with and just hang out and talk to. You guys are awesome.

Dreadtech: Play for two months, now you're esports. Nice work dude, hypest set in Australian history.

Codie: Holy ****. I finally beat you. That set was so tight though.

PCG: Thanks for calling out my **** even at 1am the day after the tournament. Also, stop losing to me in friendlies, you're better than me.

QLD crew: I only played a couple of you but your collective state energy kept the hype train running all weekend.

Chappos: Congrats on the well deserved wins man. Totally worth the $50 I lost just to see that hype as **** MM.

Rest of WA: Way to support your guy, you were cheering as loud as the other states combined.

Splice: You're getting too good. Slow down.

Dekar: Best melee I've ever seen from an Australian, it was incredible to watch you during finals.

Attila: Shoutouts for making everyone get some exercise last night. I think we all really appreciated it. Also, I still owe you $50.

Basty

Smash Ace
@ Mytus Mytus people were excited to meet me? lmao i'm not the next coming of jesus
@ joeyjoeyjoejoe joeyjoeyjoejoe I didn't come up because I wasn't in this sort of environment before and I didn't know what to expect, will be better next time I promise
In the meanwhile after looking at one of the earlier photos that dekar posted I think that this face by PCG is the best face ever
PCG.png

Armada

Smash Lord
Redact: Thanks a ton for everything dude!
So happy that you contacted me and helped out so much =D

Alex: Thanks for the housing, driving me around and for being a pretty cool guy =D
If you ever come to Sweden I will make sure to return the favor!

SD: Fun spedning some time with you dude, drinking after the tournament was a lot of fun!

Atilla: Dude, you are awesome. Really fun to spend some time with you. So random that 2,5 years afterwards I get to know that I did meet you very shortly in America before Apex 2012. Hope to see you sometime soon

Dreadtech: Thanks for such a good experience dude, so much fun the entire PM tournament was. Really cool to see how you grow after our set in winners that we lost, keep it up dude.

Jeremy: You ALWAYS had a smile on your face, always make people around you to have a great time. Glad t he coaching did help, Im actually pretty new into that.

Syke: Good **** in teams dude, you really did listen and took in basically everything I told you. Should find another Peach for future tournaments in Australia now ;)

Max: Thanks for having me and help out regarding the stream.

Tibor: Fun sets we had in the tournament, also cool talking to you and your brother. Keep it up dude!

Nova: Thanks for the deal!
Hope I did represent the tag good enough haha

Lucky: Always fun having you around man, looking forward to see you at Big House/Apex

New Zeeland: You guys know how to drink, have to repeat this in the future =D

To the entire community in Australia: Have been having such a great week down here. Everyone have been treating me so well and I learned a lot this week. So thank you all for having me, I would love to return one day for sure <3

Basty

Smash Ace
I REALLY WANT TO COME TO MORE TOURNAMENTS IT WAS SO FUN
Maybe I can find a way for my parents to move to melbourne
or wait until I'm old enough to travel by myself
Probably the latter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom