• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown V - August 29-31! Congrats to all winners! Comments and Shoutouts please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.D

Smash Master
Haven't seen RJ play but I would wager Cao is still best Peach by a margin.
Experience counts for everything and that dude has it in spades.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Currently still sorting our kickstarter style rewards for donating. Sorry about the donation delays but expect big things!

With that in mind feel free to post what crazy things you want from the drive or if you have any new ideas

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
I want a shirt with that Armada poster as the image
I want to play like 50 games with Armada while asking questions, but I hope that this will be achievable for most people anyway (maybe not 50 games)
I want to eat dumplings with Armada (does Armada like dumplings)
Top 3 donations should be part of the 'F is for FUN' challenge against Armada

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
I want a shirt with that Armada poster as the image
I want to play like 50 games with Armada while asking questions, but I hope that this will be achievable for most people anyway (maybe not 50 games)
I want to eat dumplings with Armada (does Armada like dumplings)
Top 3 donations should be part of the 'F is for FUN' challenge against Armada
I want armada to bring leffen so that we can watch him lose? Too soon?
I think that the design could look really cool on a t-shirt.
State with most donations gets armada for crew battles
Armada isn't allowed to leave your house until he's trained you to beat SD.
Armada forces billy to become a peach main.

S.D

Smash Master
Did you see Armada in the Canada vs Euro/Australasia Genesis crew battle? He'd beat our whole country. And Billy already beats me with his ghetto tactics that make no sense.

Hughie

Smash Lad
Did you see Armada in the Canada vs Euro/Australasia Genesis crew battle? He'd beat our whole country. And Billy already beats me with his ghetto tactics that make no sense.
Is there a VOD for this? I'd love to see this
Wait found it nvm

Last edited:

RJ<3

Smash Journeyman
NNID
peachyandfabrj
3DS FC
4554-1137-4668
I don't consider myself that good. I'm just average.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
RJ is very good though. No sleeping on him either.
He'll sly smile assassinate you. Maybe he'll say sorry the match had to end so quickly (after the 30 second 4 stocking you twice).
#SydneyPower

Last edited:

Meredy

The Busterina
As a Peach main, I'm probably gonna be stealing Armada away from a lot of you. :3 I wanna try to use this to learn as much as possible.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
I just hope I learn something about Project M from Armada. I don't want to stay at the bottom of the competitive Smash Bros food chain.
As a Peach main, I'm probably gonna be stealing Armada away from a lot of you. :3 I wanna try to use this to learn as much as possible.
If you genuinely want to get better, why wait for armada?
come to tournaments/meets, play lots of friendlies against people who are as good or better than you, and ask for advice!
you'll always learn more from regular play with people who know you, than a one-off meeting with a pro who smashes you then tries to give tailored advice based on the 15 minute meet-and-smash they just had with you.

Last edited:

Meredy

The Busterina
If you genuinely want to get better, why wait for armada?
come to tournaments/meets, play lots of friendlies against people who are as good or better than you, and ask for advice!
you'll always learn more from regular play with people who know you, than a one-off meeting with a pro who smashes you then tries to give tailored advice based on the 15 minute meet-and-smash they just had with you.
I am. I have two more in-between SSV that I'm going to, and any others that get announced, but why waste such a huge opportunity?

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
Donation tier for only one person... $300+ dollar mark?

You get to Armada's doubles partner for SSV.

edit: after thinking about it, the thought of "hiring" a partner seems kinda dubious...

Last edited:

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Seriously considering coming down for this, haven't been to a Melbourne tourney in 4 years now, so old.....
So provided that my uni schedule works around this and housing is good/hotels are cheapish *strokes beard* very tempting

Dekar289

Smash Hero
I don't have Facebook. What's the time and address of the Abbotsford meet?
details are in this thread
it's the second thread on the aus forum
http://smashboards.com/threads/vic-2014-couch-warriors-sunday-8th-june-bring-tvs-setups.319062/
141 Gipps Street, Abbotsford

DATE AND TIME

Sunday, 8th of June
1pm - 10pm
Feel free to arrive as early as 12:00apm to help set up and play friendlies.

schedule from the fb event:
12:00 - Friendlies/Setup
1:00 - Melee Teams 2v2 (Free!)
2:30 - Project M, Brawl Singles ($5ea)
5:00 - Break
5:30 - Melee Singles ($5)

Last edited:

S.D

Smash Master
Threads that are active/relevant will appear in the stickied list at the top, always. Check when the last POST in the thread was made to see if it is current, not the creation date of the thread itself.

Zxv

Smash Lord
Wait, is Armada potentially being sponsored for this? fffffff

I'd love to come but the dates are AWFUL for me. It's right when most of my assignments will be due.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Finally some clear info on Armada donations

Right now we have the following donation goals set out:

$20:
A best of 5 set against armada, if you get creamed super quick then we can bump this up by a few extra games :)

$50:
30 minute smash/coaching session with Armada in your game of choice (Melee or P:M) with your character/s of choice

$150:
The previous $50 reward as well as access to an exclusive overnight house meet at Redact's place with Armada. This meet would be just before or just after SS2K14 and you plus whoever else reaches this goal will get to play games with Armada plus others to your hearts content.

Special Goal:
Whoever donates the most on their own can team with Armada in their game of choice, the 2nd highest donor will get to team with Armada for the remaining game.

If you go to the $50 or above donations the $20 donation reward set won't happen seeing as you're getting so much more game time with him for $50+

You can donate through paypal to: Philippretty@gmail.com
You can donate in person to me at any event or meet.

If you have questions about donations or anything you can post here, pm me or email me if you wish.

I understand we may hit the $1750 goal and others may still want to donate to get rewards, if this is the case I'm sure something can be figured out for stretch goals or such! Otherwise it's first in best dressed!

You can still get games against Armada if you do not donate, just money match him!

Armada wants to do plenty of touristy stuff so there will be plenty of other chances to hang out with him for those intrested in the man himself.

Last edited:

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
If I took the $50 tier Armada would play one set with me and then spend the other 29 minutes telling me all the stuff I did wrong.

I think I'd rather spend the 29 minutes asking him about Sweden as I'll be there a month after SSV.

Last edited:

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
How many people are you anticipating for the meet? Might be a bit much for poor inter-staters like myself, but it sure sounds fun...

Any idea when the date for it will be set?

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
How many people are you anticipating for the meet? Might be a bit much for poor inter-staters like myself, but it sure sounds fun...

Any idea when the date for it will be set?
The date will be set once his tickets are booked. Most likely before SS rather than after though!

I know the meet is kinda expensive but the idea is that its not a 20+ people meet, more like 5-8 people who get to spend heaps of game time with armada and really get a good experience out of it. Food provided and all.

It hurts me a little inside to look so money grubbing for armada but im trying to give people the best experience
rather than "I spent 100 bucks on armada for 30 minutes of games and a handshake" id like for people to hopefully make this one of their best smash memories :)

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Dear dudes,
I am currently playing Melee daily to not ugdah my wavedashes and ting shoom my illusions (I am staying away from Fox these days but you know what I mean). Anyone living near me (Bundoora area VIC) let me know because I want some peeps to play with. When I get back from Japan (mid July) I will seriously play daily if people are up for it until the day this shiz goes down.

Leeyam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
leeyamnz
POST #2.

Hey guys, us kiwis have 4/5 people confirmed going already, with probably a few more. The FGC organisation here are organising a 'qualifiers' tournament for Shadowloo where they're paying flights/accommodation/entry for the winner, and due to our sudden rise in popularity they're talking about now including Melee!!

We've sussed out the flights and are now looking at accommodation, so any chance of housing or anything would be greatly appreciated :)

Oh, and check under your furniture and around the house for any random NZ cash lying around so you can give it to us after we moneymatch you. ;)

jk we suck

Mytus

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, us kiwis have 4/5 people confirmed going already, with probably a few more. The FGC organisation here are organising a 'qualifiers' tournament for Shadowloo where they're paying flights/accommodation/entry for the winner, and due to our sudden rise in popularity they're talking about now including Melee!
So excited to play Melee with some internationals. I'm actually going to scrounge together $5 in NZ coins to take you up on that, confirm me for a money match!

Awesome news about the FGC down there embracing Melee, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom