• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown V - August 29-31! Congrats to all winners! Comments and Shoutouts please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrettyCoolGuy

Smash Ace
I'll match your side bet Billy. Jamie's leg hair will soften any blows. Should defs go for the sanicball option though

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Oh hey, woops, real quick, I completely forgot to ask after I got home but I think I left a wiichuk at the QC when I went home. Don't suppose anyone has it?

Gords

Smash Champion
How is housing looking for this event. I should be able to make it if I can get housing.

Also, so nintendo might be involved...confirmed Smash 4 3DS August release confirmed???
no really I am betting on an August release so is smash 4 3DS gunna have a bracket?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yep, Attila has that. He thanks you for the kind donation to the unwanted things he has in his house
In that case, if you guys are considering coming up to ACL i'll ask my brother whether we can go just so I can get it back. :p

It's like, the only one of my controllers that doesn't malfunction on a regular basis. <3

Last edited:

Meredy

The Busterina
So, um, would it be considered selfish to post a thread with an about me? I want to properly introduce myself 'cause I know I'm gonna be here for a long time.

Splice

Smash Hero
So, um, would it be considered selfish to post a thread with an about me? I want to properly introduce myself 'cause I know I'm gonna be here for a long time.
Yes it would be. If you want to properly introduce yourself than go to meets and actively partake in the scene.
We don't want your resume, we only want your stocks.

NanoHologuise

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3110-6094-3408
I intend to go, but I thought I'd ask:

I'm fairly new to Smash, don't even have a GC controller (using PS3 with Dolphin atm, intending to get a GC controller and an adapter soonish) and as for my tech skill well it's meh level. This'll be my first tourney. Should I enter now or just show at the door and spectate/play friendlies etc?

Sw0rds

Smash Cadet

I'm fairly new to Smash, don't even have a GC controller (using PS3 with Dolphin atm, intending to get a GC controller and an adapter soonish) and as for my tech skill well it's meh level. This'll be my first tourney. Should I enter now or just show at the door and spectate/play friendlies etc?
It still wont hurt to enter, its a great way to get serious gameplay out of people
I went to BAM6 after only 1 month of playing, i lost all 5 matches in my pool 0-2
but i learnt a lot, i got to witness what its like, i met heaps of awesome people and most of all i had fun
I would definately recommend going into the tournaments :)

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
@ NanoHologuise NanoHologuise Enter. When you enter, play your heart out and do what you practised, because after all, a smash tournament is where we hone our craft and our skills. Get lots of friendlies in. You'll be surprised (no pun intended) at the tips you get from players that range from mid to the best. If you lose, just shrug it off. I participated in an extremely hype match at BAM against Cody (Noxus) which resulted first in a 4-stock against me, then an ALMOST excellent comeback just when it looked like another 4-stock was happening. I lost but I didn't mind because I was glad I bought hype to my match. In fact I was happy. Another thing, bring as much hype as you can to your matches as hype will elevate your career and will elate you. If you lose, don't worry about it. Just like the song in the movie Frozen, just "Let it go". Your time will come. Wherever there is failure, success will always come around the corner as long as you learn from your mistakes. Remember, just like what Mad-Eye Moody says "Play to your strengths" and don't say you don't have any because "you have strengths if I say you have them". Remember, in order to achieve immortality, one must first experience pain, suffering, loss and hardship in order to truly come to peace with themselves. Your immortality in Smash can be achieved even if you do lose. Also, you'll be reveling in the glory of being a part of the first Australian 100-man (or over) Melee tournament. You should be proud if you enter. Please enter.

EDIT: For those that want it here is the song "Let it Go" from the movie Frozen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk. Inspirational, it'll help you recover from a loss pretty quickly or if you are more hardcore then just listen to Slipknot's "Wait and Bleed" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWr9LbuK55E. Fast, upbeat music can definitely put you back in good spirits.

Last edited:

Tranquility

<3 Yoshi

You've got nothing to lose by entering, and you'll defs learn some stuff. Also you might surprise yourself and do better than you'd expect. Also playing when there's more pressure to win will change how you and your opponent plays so its good to get used to it.

Sw0rds

Smash Cadet
You've got nothing to lose by entering, and you'll defs learn some stuff. Also you might surprise yourself and do better than you'd expect. Also playing when there's more pressure to win will change how you and your opponent plays so its good to get used to it.
General Cao, is that you?? :O

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Hello, and yes, I suggest entering if it's convenient for you.

Honestly, you don't need to have a lot of experience to enjoy a tournament, and especially these days as professional tournaments are beginning to cater more and more towards low-level entrants, you'll find it really rewarding. It can be a bit crazy at times but I think for the most part, you tend to meet some rather incredible people at events like this and forge some pretty awesome friendships.

I remember my first tournament like a hazy dream of awesomeness.

Just be aware that it does involve continual smash brothers for hours on end. If you're okay with that then I guarantee you'll have a blast. :D

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman

Should I enter now or just show at the door and spectate/play friendlies etc?
Definitely enter the tournament, I was in your position not so many months ago, and I entered BAM6 as my first tournament without any real experience playing with other players.

SethT

Smash Ace
I'll help in the advertising department. I'll chuck a little something up on www.facebook.com/avantgaming on Monday after all the League of Legends business is over this weekend. Anything specific you guys want in it aside from "goal of first 100 person melee tournament."

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
We could always try Thermaltake or team Exile 5. I'm sure they'll be willing to promote the event as it can be seen as an opportunity to bring out the best in e-sports.

Splice

Smash Hero
Yeah 11 people coming down from Perth that's ****ing huge
And finally a chance to play Smoking Puppy now that I'm "good'"

I'm ridiculously hype already, it's making it hard to study

Last edited:

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Yeah 11 people coming down from Perth that's ****ing huge
And finally a chance to play Smoking Puppy now that I'm "good'"

I'm ridiculously hype already, it's making it hard to study
If you don't study, you might end up in the Blue Mountains.
This is something for us all to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom