• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown V - August 29-31! Congrats to all winners! Comments and Shoutouts please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Scheduling for these things is always hard; being more popular makes it even harder.

I'll need to know what the SL guys want to do with scheduling and the stream before we even think about making decisions.

There's also the possibility that Nintendo will be involved, which basically shuts down PM.

Lots of things are unconfirmed at this point; try not to speculate too much.

Splice

Smash Hero
Sure, don't speculate. Just having ideas at the ready.
Having confirmed stream information will be nice. This upcoming board meeting for BAM is in the middle of my assignment period, but if there are any commitee meetings after May 30 I'd like to tag along if that's allowed, Attila.

To put our stream on the front page of smashboards btw, you can just put the twitch name in your own smash details and when the channel is live it will display on the front page of Smashboards. I assume it'd make the most sense to use your account Attila, but at BAM we used PCGs. After the tournament we just removed the twitch from PCGs account (since it would no longer be streaming smash) Very good!

When we know the stream details I might post in the Tournament boards or somewhere appropriate to advertise before the event for any interested overseas viewers.

It's ok to shut down P:M for Nintendo, if their support turns out to be worthwhile. This is an obstacle you must accept when you put your faith in a modded game.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
the good side of p:m possibly being shut down means there should be ample time for the extra stuff such as amateur brackets and possible extra pools rounds as well as the much more likley to happen exhibitions this time around

if attendance goes as expected we could be seeing melb vs oos melee:

oos: zxv ted syke kas s.d

melb: cao dekar redact atticus tom

big hill for melbourne melee to climb lesdoit

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
That meeting is more of an 'open mic'; we had our post BAM meeting yesterday, so don't expect another meeting until SS is well and truly organized. But I'll be glad to have some help.

Redact kinda highlighted my point; we'd have more time. Provided that Nintendo actually give us something good. Otherwise we actually lose out.

Splice

Smash Hero
Well hopefully other parties involved (Nintendo, the streamers) don't notify us about things at the last minute so we can make a respectable schedule and organise it as best possible.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Well hopefully other parties involved (Nintendo, the streamers) don't notify us about things at the last minute so we can make a respectable schedule and organise it as best possible.
We're doing everything we can to try to prevent this.

We're at the planning stages for these things already, compared to stream at BAM being done literally days before, not even weeks. Right now we still have months to go so I'd be a little dissapointed if we somehow can't make these things happen. By we I also mean myself if Atilla/dekar/whoever else somehow think I'm trying to shove responsibility elsewhere.

Things also being planned that aren't fully announced yet and these un-announced things need to be sorted first before we can confirm other things (such as events or schedule or whatever else) so sorry if there is not too much detail yet!

Chappos

Smash Apprentice
Forgive my ignorance, but how will Nintendo being involved stop PM being a possibility?

It's disheartening to hear that this might happen, PM is the most prominent smash game in Perth at the moment. Honestly (most) Perth players attendance is relying on PM being run.

Meredy

The Busterina
Anyone wanna team with me for SS? @ Hughie Hughie maybe?

I'd also love to commentate for SS as well.

Last edited:

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Forgive my ignorance, but how will Nintendo being involved stop PM being a possibility?

It's disheartening to hear that this might happen, PM is the most prominent smash game in Perth at the moment. Honestly (most) Perth players attendance is relying on PM being run.
Because p:m is an unofficial and unlisenced modification on a console which is not even meant to have modded games that the standard consumer cannot access.

P:M is baller as and we will push to keep it where possible but if there is substantial official nintendo involvement we wont choose p:m over nintendo.

Its gonna be a hard choice to make if we are forced to make it, but we are being realistic here and we dont want to say that p:m is 100% when it is not.

If your attendance hinges purely on p:m being there then hold off on your flights for a bit longer. Anything else can organize to be refunded.

As for our alternative to p:m and other attractions, you surely wont be dissapointed whatever smash you like.

As for oos crews syke, exact line ups can be figured out on the day of course. Im sure you already guessed that though lol

Chappos

Smash Apprentice
Fair enough. I'll keep an eye on what's happening with it then, thanks.

Otherwise I might just need to git gud at melee.

Last edited:

Dekar289

Smash Hero
if by some miracle nintendo gets involved enough to warrant removing p:m from the official lineup, there'd still be plenty of p:m in hotel rooms/houses (probably even an unofficial tournament) over the weekend, don't fret

Sw0rds

Smash Cadet
Can't wait for SSV, SSBM practice montages come at me.
(paul stanley-live to win starts playing).
Was wondering if commentators were needed for melee?
Myself and @ Meredy Meredy are willing to help in anyway we can.
Also willing to help with losers' bracket and anything else needed.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Can't wait for SSV, SSBM practice montages come at me.
(paul stanley-live to win starts playing).
Was wondering if commentators were needed for melee?
Myself and @ Meredy Meredy are willing to help in anyway we can.
Also willing to help with losers' bracket and anything else needed.
If you have a car and can drive, there's always plenty you can do. Otherwise bracket running is something anyone can help with so we will surely utilize you there as well. Otherwise there's not too much others can help with until dates are much much closer lol

Sw0rds

Smash Cadet
If you have a car and can drive, there's always plenty you can do. Otherwise bracket running is something anyone can help with so we will surely utilize you there as well. Otherwise there's not too much others can help with until dates are much much closer lol
Unfortunately, I'm only 6 hours into my learners (I'm not all too happy about it)
Well, I will most likely be attending the meeting this weekend so we can talk more about it then :)

Basty

Smash Ace
Turns out I might be able to come
Now don't trust me on that but because my parents give me $10 a week but I might try and get some more money from other places
IF I can come, I shall bring the hype.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Turns out I might be able to come
Now don't trust me on that but because my parents give me $10 a week but I might try and get some more money from other places
IF I can come, I shall bring the hype.
srsly tho
the wrestler from rhythm heaven? for smash 4?
how about instead, another rhythm heaven game

S.D

Smash Master
Swords is a baller game for nintendo wii. Received rave reviews for all corners. Maybe as your namesake game you can match it with undefeated swords master Noxus.
Anyone know if Harry Ponting is confirmed? I have a theory he may actually be surprise.

Sw0rds

Smash Cadet
Swords is a baller game for nintendo wii. Received rave reviews for all corners. Maybe as your namesake game you can match it with undefeated swords master Noxus.
Anyone know if Harry Ponting is confirmed? I have a theory he may actually be surprise.
Haha my bad xD just misunderstood, seeing as he used a zero instead of an "o" xD

Hughie

Smash Lad
What is this thing about Harry Ponting anyway?

Sw0rds

Smash Cadet
Busting out a different character at SSV seeing as my falco didn't exactly work at BAM.... thinking maybe even two characters :D

Splice

Smash Hero
probably australias best Zelda main.
Yeah I've seen some vids of Cosmos and he doesn't do half the crazy stuff Harry was doing. Way more caustic and defensive style when Harry was just ON YOU man.
Definitely reckon' Harry would've shown up any other Zelda across the globe and, as Redact said, across the stars.

dankoshun

Smash Rookie
hey everyone just starting out smash, can anyone give me details of tournaments in WA coming up, also where to sign up etc? cheers guys :)

specifically melee

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom