• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadowloo Showdown (October 12-13, 2013) - Feedback please! Next major Santasmash!

KJ64 allows in the Melee Doubles ruleset?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
from speaking to the americans, they seem to love shaya as a commentator. i suppose that's the kind of thing internationals are into...

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
from speaking to the americans, they seem to love shaya as a commentator. i suppose that's the kind of thing internationals are into...

Shaya is fun to listen to, but it's hard to appreciate the players and plays they make when there's jokes and facts about Kangaroos all the time, lol.
I'm guessing they like Shaya for the novelty, not for the compliment his commentary has with the game.
If we're live streaming, jokes and facts about Australia or whatever would be great in between games, but would have to be short and quick during a game.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Shaya knows his stuff, im sure he would provide much insight. Taught me a bunch.

on another note, will texture hacks be wanted for stream to look cool or are they distracting for players?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I have no idea what you mean by this. But if I did. I'd think you were an asshole. Maybe.
Ass.

Shaya is fun to listen to, but it's hard to appreciate the players and plays they make when there's jokes and facts about Kangaroos all the time, lol.
I'm guessing they like Shaya for the novelty, not for the compliment his commentary has with the game.
If we're live streaming, jokes and facts about Australia or whatever would be great in between games, but would have to be short and quick during a game.
And can't hate on jokes about Kangaroos over player plays at like 1am in the morning after running and screaming in a room of 100 people for 12 odd hours. Wait... 18 hours... And people asked me if I wanted to ride in a kangaroo pouch while I was inebriated. CAN'T HATE ON THIS.

Have some pretty **** material for my next commentating gigs though.
Australian McDonalds ads are gold mine.
Although I agree I became complacent and poorly commentated actual matches later in my trip. In jokes within cliques was 2 strong, at the detriment of professionalism. ARR WELL.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Sorry Shaya, as much as I love how nice you always are to me in terms of my teurets and other crazy wacky personality-based stuff, I just can't trust you as a commentator ever since....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qGAJxTpi_U

I do it out of love and kindness, I swear! <3

Also, from my tournament i've been hosting at school, i've met a ZSS player with gigantic potential. He says he'd like to come down to this and i'll totally be supporting him. I'll play him more to see how exactly he plays but in a friendly we had at school, we were going even for a lot of the match (granted I was making a lot of mistakes with the controller i'd borrowed at the time but still) - we couldn't finish it because the wii had to be turned off for afternoon classes but our percentage difference was only 40% or so iirc.

So yea. I'll play him more and hope that wasn't a fluke but although he makes some common mistakes, he's not altogether a bad player and he can punish really well. I think he'll be a good player if he keeps going. :o

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I wouldn't call what I was doing, nor my intent during the recording of the match to be commentating. Not exactly insulted or anything?
What were you doing then lol?? You said halfway through the match that you shouldn't have been talking about the Marth MU and going back to the match...

Well eh. It was funny though. :3

Attila_

BRoomer
No hacks will be used on stream. SL is wanting to approach Nintendo for support at some point, and illegal stuff won't look good.

Attila_

BRoomer
that was my response... but can't blame them for trying. trying has got them so far already.

we might have better luck with namco :D

Attila_

BRoomer
and whobo is a week after.

timing is always difficult.

but it's an international tourney. who could turn that down?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
No hacks will be used on stream. SL is wanting to approach Nintendo for support at some point, and illegal stuff won't look good.
Awww darn. Obviously that'd be hard but it would be so hype if somehow, by some chance that we actually got support heh.

Ahhh, in my dreams maybe. :p

So it looks like i'll be getting a job to pay my way down to this. If the employers gets me into the roster, it looks like i'll actually be confirmed for this. It'll be so awesome to see you guys again! <3

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I just asked CT ZERO on stream (http://www.twitch.tv/clashtournaments) if he would be interested in coming to Australia in October if we sponsor him and he said he has school but would defs miss school for it! so hopefully we can actually sponsor him.
That sounds soooo cool. :D

I'm getting more excited for this by the week - the thought of SS being better than BAM kinda makes my head whirl!

MR_Scribble

Smash Cadet
I know this is off topic but where do u guys buy your controllers from? if its from somewhere/someone cause the controllers i have atm are either crap (busted stick or trigger) or wireless, i have one decent controller :/

S.D

Smash Master
I know this is off topic but where do u guys buy your controllers from? if its from somewhere/someone cause the controllers i have atm are either crap (busted stick or trigger) or wireless, i have one decent controller :/
I don't think anyone is still making them sadly, playasia.com used to be the main source but I believe they are now out of stock. If you have several controllers I would suggest buying a triwing screwdriver and doing a mix and match with working parts. I need to do that will my L button but all my controllers are in Newcastle.....

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
You could probably grab a few off of E-Bay if you really needed. I dunno how expensive they are now though - I have a SNES that until recently was still in it's original packaging which I expect would go for... quite a lot, actually.

I just mean, i'm not sure how pricey they are due to age and the fact that they're not being made anymore. =/

MR_Scribble

Smash Cadet
Around a month before BAM i bought 2 (from here http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-New-D...o_Game_Accessories&hash=item27d3a41313&_uhb=1) i thought it was pretty good price for two controllers, still got them, though the L button is pretty screwed up on one of them which happened recently, so its not really that pricey but the quality of them isnt great...but maybe ill try something with the screwdriver like you said, thanks

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
I have MANY controllers to harvest, but no triwing screwdriver. I'd be happy to bring all my old ****ty ones to the next meet and see what we can do.
Also, I have 2 of those no-brand ebay controllers and personally I can't use them, but my roommates are fine with them, idk, I don't like the Lbutton on them.

Attila_

BRoomer
Seriously guys, don't approach players yet. Everything needs to be confirmed before we make any moves.

I happy for speculation and discussion, but don't get anyone's hopes up yet please.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Around a month before BAM i bought 2 (from here http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-New-D...o_Game_Accessories&hash=item27d3a41313&_uhb=1) i thought it was pretty good price for two controllers, still got them, though the L button is pretty screwed up on one of them which happened recently, so its not really that pricey but the quality of them isnt great...but maybe ill try something with the screwdriver like you said, thanks
Official controllers are definitely the only way to go if you want something that lasts and doesn't feel like garbage. Don't be afraid to go for a used controller either - it can be handy having them slightly worn in. I know I've played with a few new controllers that felt stiff as hell.

RichBrown

Smash Master
This looks like an amazing tournament.

CT_Tyrant and myself both would love to come check this out. I had the privilege of housing Attila back in late January, and I would be the happiest to hang out with him and the rest of the crew and SHAYA <3333 again =)

I totally understand that there are other players on the market + nothing is certain, but I'm just here to express interest. Good luck guys!

Top Bottom