• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow Games Mafia Over: Dgames Doomed

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
My problem with goading Kantrip is pretty much the same as the reason I gave adum before, though I suppose that's self-doubt. I really don't like Kantrip on the surface, but I'm giving him leeway due to my experiences with him. I seriously can recall all the times I thought Kantrip was scum and he ended up flipping town. It gets to the point where you have to stand back a little or give them a chance to breathe. My town-read on Kantrip is preemptive and the more I think about it, the more it dissipates.

There's something in my head that says Zalak/Kantrip has one scum, not both. Their interaction didn't seem partner-esque or preplanned. Zalak's responses just seemed too natural for that to be the case. Anyone agree?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
My problem with goading Kantrip is pretty much the same as the reason I gave adum before, though I suppose that's self-doubt. I really don't like Kantrip on the surface, but I'm giving him leeway due to my experiences with him. I seriously can recall all the times I thought Kantrip was scum and he ended up flipping town. It gets to the point where you have to stand back a little or give them a chance to breathe. My town-read on Kantrip is preemptive and the more I think about it, the more it dissipates.
I've personally chosen to move beyond that point and - despite all the flak I got for it in recent games - just push for the lynch of such players. You should lynch him if you think he's scummy.

:059:

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
There's a problem I'm going to have with this game and it's that some people (without showing too much bias) really are easy lynch scapegoats based on their playstyle alone. What FML is doing right now is teetering between dumbtown or scum and it's hard to exactly pin it if you've played with Rake before. If you take it at face value: Rake's scummy. Kary's vote is fine. That's why I unvoted him because I think it's a good push but there's also this thing called the Rake effect which I really don't want to see happen in this game because it's a waste of time, and I can see it coming into full force if FML becomes the main target. FML aren't strong scum players, they will become obvious by day two at best.

Without sounding like a broken record, I'm worried more about the inactive right now.
that or if i wa *** id just bungle the claim as i literrally always do a sscum

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
There's something in my head that says Zalak/Kantrip has one scum, not both. Their interaction didn't seem partner-esque or preplanned. Zalak's responses just seemed too natural for that to be the case. Anyone agree?
Didn't it also seem unnaturally standoffish for such an early phase in the game?

ANYWAYS, something just occurred to me. @ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus didn't even bother to look at my game history before placing his read on me, even after Gorf told him I had a stronger grasp of the game than most newbies. He just insisted that it didn't matter how good I was. I'm not saying he should EXPECT me to be some sort of master of the game, but the fact that he didn't even check is a big red flag to me. It's a stubbornness, the kind I would expect to see from someone who sees me as an adversary in this game. Sure we were arguing, but I had hoped he would be a bit more cooperative with a potential town mate.

I tell him I might be bad, and he quickly defends his statement instead of actually looking into it.

MAFIA LEAN

[quote="#HBC | ѕoup, post: 19211409, member: 177817"
You're completely right about Zalak being town btw.[/quote]

ALSO, Soup was a bit quick to agree with him IMO, but he wasn't in the spotlight at that point.

FullMetalLynch

I agree, it was kind of odd.

Same here.

So coming out of the Kantrip/Zalak talk I have a town lean on both. Fair interactions that didn't seem wrongly motivated.

I agree, I don't see the point of buddying. Seems like it won't do anything but cause problems.

Hate to sound like a bandwagoner but no, I'm not digging Kary or FML, especially the former. The FML side is thanks to Rake's posts, I'm pretty sure, lol. Too abrasive for my tastes but it seems common for experienced players to do that, so...

Similar thing for Kary. It doesn't seem he has offered a valid reason for the Soup buddying. Making jokes won't last you forever. Your responses to scum accusations ( "You're rude," "I don't care what you think," ) are really unwise, which you actually complained about the same from FML. You'd better start caring what people think, lol.
orbo's abbrasive, im fun loving and very kawaii

FullMetalLynch

So what you're saying is I should follow you onto a waggon that you can't even give a reason for being on?
i mean kantrip not being here i a reason, so is his whole dance around earlier, just set the wrong tone to me, there wa a better and smarter way to do what he was trying to and i didnt like him hamfisting it because he didnt need to.

I can quote stuff later but right now i just feel intuitively like he's the right direction.

peaking of,

vote: kantrip

dunno if i did thiss or not yet

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I'm not buddying with soup. I'm really not treating him any different to anyone else.

I even said that we're not really buddies, and that he might betray me.

BUT because I used the word 'buddy' in a post one time, people think it's a big deal.
Alright, fair enough.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@ Zalak Zalak , it amuses but the fact that you didn't notice that I referenced trying to look at your post history but being unable to only makes it that much more obvious that you couldn't have pulled it off. If you were a strong enough player to play me like that you would've thought to check my history and see if I have a pattern of making early game reads off similarly seemingly innocuous information even on unfamiliar players before posting. Maybe I even made the opposite read on limited information that proved to be correct the last game I played here?

Course it's possible that information will come to light that will change my read, but it would have to be compelling when you're enhancing it with every post on that topic. Your posts are earnest enough and don't suggest you're a strong enough player to do that

Are your games publicly accessible though? More information is always useful, I just thought they weren't based on the fact they didn't show on your recent activity page. I admit that I might not be aware of certain forum functionality due to not playing as much since the forum revamp occurred.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer

With 13 Alive it takes 7 to lynch:

1. Maven
2. Full Metal Lynch [2] - Kary, Zalak
3. Zalak
4. Gorf [1] - Jexs
5. BarD
6. Adumbrodeus
7. Kary [1] - Adumbrodeus
8. Soup
9. Detective Sherlock Hound
10. Jexs
11. JaytheUnseen
12. Gheb
13. Kantrip [1] - FML

Not Voting: Maven, Gorf, BarD, Detective, Jay, Gheb, Kantrip, Soup

Deadline is Midnight CST, Thursday May 21st

FullMetalLynch

Rake likes kantrip and I'm not terribly picky(probs bardull or gorf cus they're at least semi oresent to pull from)

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
@ Zalak Zalak , it amuses but the fact that you didn't notice that I referenced trying to look at your post history but being unable to only makes it that much more obvious that you couldn't have pulled it off. If you were a strong enough player to play me like that you would've thought to check my history and see if I have a pattern of making early game reads off similarly seemingly innocuous information even on unfamiliar players before posting. Maybe I even made the opposite read on limited information that proved to be correct the last game I played here?

I think your standoff mentality, and your refusal to concede to anything is making you act really illogically here.We've already established that I'm new. What Gorf said is that I have an unusually strong grasp for the game despite my inexperience. He did not say I'm some sort of mafia god without any faults. The things you've mentioned here have absolutely ZERO bearing on my skill as a member of the mafia. You're nitpicking at completely unrelated skills. Going into more detail,
Unfamiliar with the player slot, trying to get context to his interactions and his post history isn't exactly illuminating.
I assumed you meant my post history in THIS game. If you really wanted to learn about my playstyle, you should have asked where to find my past games. How does that minor misunderstanding prove that I'm not a strong player? Even if it does, HOW ON EARTH is it supposed to prove that I'm bad at acting naturally as a member of the mafia? As for the point about my not checking your post history, first of all, like I said before, it has no bearing on my skill as a member of the mafia. Second of all, I'm just too lazy, because I am unfamiliar with about half the people playing in this game. For you, it was one player, but for me, that's a lotta research. I guess you're right though, since I was accusing you, I probably should have looked into your playstyle, but I guess since I had already decided that looking into everyone was too much work, I forgot I could just look into specific players when needed.

Anyways, yeah, nothing you've mentioned comes close to proving I can't act naturally as scum.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
:069::069::069:

so yeah, in summary, adum seems scummy because he doesn't seem intent to learn anything, just to win this argument :101:

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I should probably look at his game history though. Does he usually act like this? what are some good examples of scum/town mafia games for him?

FullMetalLynch

I think your standoff mentality, and your refusal to concede to anything is making you act really illogically here.We've already established that I'm new. What Gorf said is that I have an unusually strong grasp for the game despite my inexperience. He did not say I'm some sort of mafia god without any faults. The things you've mentioned here have absolutely ZERO bearing on my skill as a member of the mafia. You're nitpicking at completely unrelated skills. Going into more detail,

I assumed you meant my post history in THIS game. If you really wanted to learn about my playstyle, you should have asked where to find my past games. How does that minor misunderstanding prove that I'm not a strong player? Even if it does, HOW ON EARTH is it supposed to prove that I'm bad at acting naturally as a member of the mafia? As for the point about my not checking your post history, first of all, like I said before, it has no bearing on my skill as a member of the mafia. Second of all, I'm just too lazy, because I am unfamiliar with about half the people playing in this game. For you, it was one player, but for me, that's a lotta research. I guess you're right though, since I was accusing you, I probably should have looked into your playstyle, but I guess since I had already decided that looking into everyone was too much work, I forgot I could just look into specific players when needed.

Anyways, yeah, nothing you've mentioned comes close to proving I can't act naturally as scum.
I like this post.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I should probably look at his game history though. Does he usually act like this? what are some good examples of scum/town mafia games for him?
All the dgames threads I've been involved in

Last mafia game I played in was death note, "yet another *****y game" didn't end up turning into an actual mafia game much to my disappointment, beyond that should be obvious from playlist. There are lots of older games archived... somewhere.

Practically my intention was illustration of your townieness, but you're correct that this no longer serves a useful purpose and being stubborn about showing I'm right is one of my weaknesses that I need to curb. There are much more fruitful avenues to pursue like research and trying to get a read on fullmetallynch.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
hmm, it's hard to read some of these slots. would like joey and ruy to post more as well as the other two guys. not trying to be the thorn in people's tushes (i mean i'm a busy man myself, I AINT NO HYPOCRITE), but yeah

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Vote: Gorf

People are too quick to draw conclusions from Zalak's play ... iirc he hasn't even been scum yet, none of you should be that confident to have a solid take on him.

first off yea he has but for real no matter what i probably agree with gheb here especially cuz from my count zalak doesnt have a post 57 adum ?_?
These two posts massively stink, it would be fine if they were asserting that zalak was scum, but saying people shouldn't have an opinion of him is discouraging the creation of information town needs to scumhunt because even if a read is wrong and based on poor mafia theory it still provides information and a paper trail. Pair that with the fact that they're making 0 content of their own and it's obvious one of these two should die toDay.

Out of the two gorf's worse because at least with gheb the thought was original, gorf just sheeped it.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
also i'm glad zalak vs. adum has seemingly come to a halt for the time being, if things kept going, well, IT WOULDA BEEN SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOOOORRRRRRRRRINNNNNNNNNNNNG

EVEN THINKING ABOUT IT MAKES ME BORED

*cough*

*ahem*

either way there is enough content to make a statement about it. i'm leaning tvt

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
but saying people shouldn't have an opinion of him[...]
I mean, yeah, if you really wanna go out of your way to twist what I've been saying in the worst light possible then that's probably the conclusion you'd draw.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan

These two posts massively stink, it would be fine if they were asserting that zalak was scum, but saying people shouldn't have an opinion of him is discouraging the creation of information town needs to scumhunt because even if a read is wrong and based on poor mafia theory it still provides information and a paper trail. Pair that with the fact that they're making 0 content of their own and it's obvious one of these two should die toDay.

Out of the two gorf's worse because at least with gheb the thought was original, gorf just sheeped it.
dude i literally just saw that post when i made the one that followed with no context and was like "wow are people just writing zalak off cuz noob?" his very first game he played he was scum and absolutely cleaned up shop because of this which is why i dont wanna just DETERMINE a read.

catching up as promised right now.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
It's obviously not SvS. That's not up for debate.

What leads you to believe there's a scum between them?

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Zalak, are you trying to prove you're scum or something? lol
I mean, I see that you could feel your pride is insulted, but the fact you are seen as town is only good for you, whether you're scum or town.

These two posts massively stink, it would be fine if they were asserting that zalak was scum, but saying people shouldn't have an opinion of him is discouraging the creation of information town needs to scumhunt because even if a read is wrong and based on poor mafia theory it still provides information and a paper trail.
Agree.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
ohhh I'm gonna drink some coffee and it's gonna be SO GOOD.

@ Zalak Zalak You're really not getting any closer to showing that adum is scum. Your argument is still just 'his read is too hasty'

who else are you looking at being scum?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Aww, Kary missed me.

I had a smashfest and then a tourney so my weekend was booked. Also I thought people said I was taking too much thread spotlight and needed to step back? Ah well.

Reading now.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
either way there is enough content to make a statement about it. i'm leaning tvt
can ya explain why ya think that?

Zalak, are you trying to prove you're scum or something? lol
I mean, I see that you could feel your pride is insulted, but the fact you are seen as town is only good for you, whether you're scum or town.
hmm.. HMM

I already explained what I was doing. Adum's quick defense and refusal to consider the alternative did not benefit the town. I was just trying to expose that.

I didn't see it as discouraging creation of information, so much as arguing the potential of an alternative. I do agree with you though, Gheb and Gorf are making almost 0 content on their own, which worries me. Also, I think Gheb was technically the one sheeping, because Gorf was the first to make a post asserting the plausibility of me being scum.

@ Zalak Zalak You're really not getting any closer to showing that adum is scum. Your argument is still just 'his read is too hasty'

who else are you looking at being scum?
hasty AND he became inexorable on the matter.

I guess my primary reads right now are Gheb and Kantrip. Kantrip just sorta went full force attacking me, asked Jay for his approval, and then left. He was also just really defensive overall during that whole thing. He seemed very concerned about his appearance.

My Gheb read is based on the fact that he hasn't had any reads or posted a significant amount of actual content. All he's done is back Gorf and I up about people's hastiness on their reads against me, and he also said he would keep an eye on Kantrip. Sure there are people who haven't posted at all, but Gheb is clearly here, as shown by the post he made to defend himself from Adum. He hasn't posted anything with no potential town intent, but it seems like he might just be trying to keep up appearances. STILL, he's not the only inactive player, and for that reason, I'm not entirely sure if I would classify this as a read or a lean. He hasn't made any one post that seems very scummy in particular.

I have leans on Jay, Fullmetal, everyone who is inactive right now, and Gorf (Gorf at least has an excuse for his inactivity, so I'd definitely like to see more before a lynch on him)

Top Bottom