• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Lmfao

Im kinda upset that i never knew about thurs wonderful site!

:sonic:

Wait... y u up? ur 4 hrs ahead of me i know its early af(as f**k))

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sonic Unleashed's early screenshots were probably one of the best moments this boards ever could've asked for. :applejack:

Tesh

Smash Hero
http://www.gamespot.com/news/micros...sega-because-it-didnt-have-the-muscle-6403661

Ugh, this is like a nightmare that almost came true. SEGA has been slipping this past decade but can you imagine if they got rarewared?

I wouldn't even be on this forum because Sonic wouldn't have been in Brawl.

edit: I'm still distraught about banjo threeie, I've been daydreaming about how the story could have gone and how the gameplay could have evolved even more, ending the main series in a more respectable way. I really hope RARE winds up selling off its IPs to Nintendo or SEGA in the near future. The rareware I grew up with belongs with Nintendo.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
rofl.
Sonic would've gone the way of Banjo and Conker.

Except people actually love Sonic so he wouldn't fall into obscurity. :applejack:

Tesh

Smash Hero
People love Banjo and Conker too. Banjo deserves the love more than Sonic because all of his games were good until rare went with microsoft.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Banjo gameplay was by far the most enjoyable platforming I had ever experienced at the time. Jak and Ratchet are better now while Mario has wowed us in other simpler ways, but imagine what Banjo Kazooie could be these days.

In alot of ways Jak and Ratchet filled that gap, but Jak and Daxter made that jump to futuristic stuff and it lost the charm that Jak1 and the banjo games had. Why did jak need so many guns!!? Still the witty humor, the hilarious sidekick (though daxter is pretty ****ing useless) and the wacky stories never got old.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If people love Banjo and Conker, then the things they must do to Sonic are explicit. :applejack:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Sonic has that old school fanbase that will hold onto him no matter how bad the games get. Banjo never got the chance.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Most of the diehard Sonic fans are barely 16 though. The core of it, at least.
:applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Conker's Bad Fur Day is overrated, and I still need to play the Banjos before I can call them bad. :applejack:

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Both the original Banjo and Banjo Tooie are great. Banjo Tooie gives you somewhat more of a "satisfied" feeling while playing, but takes a lot longer to complete.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I watched a friend play it and it looked okay at first.

Then it just started looking like Conker put on a different model and starting wandering around the world with an equally terrible frame rate and levels that were only half as inspired as his actual game.

:applejack:

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
I dunno if it's good platforming wise, but what I can say is that it's not funny. It's unfunnyness isn't annoying however.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Oh yeah, Spyro was really fun too. I remember you could play Spyro from Crash Bandicoot 3 by doing some button inputs.

BSP

Smash Legend
Banjo Kazooie/Tooie are pretty legit. I liked Tooie a lot more though. They did away with the annoying and emphasized the great.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Banjo Kazooie/Tooie are pretty legit. I liked Tooie a lot more though. They did away with the annoying and emphasized the great.

Banjo-Tooie felt a little too empty at times, while Banjo-Kazooie was a more focused game in my opinion.

That being said? Exploring such vast worlds in Banjo-Tooie was nothing short of awesome. There was so much to do, and the overworld seemed like it was on such a far grander scale. Just at times it seemed more...empty. In Grunty's lair from the first game at least the settings were smaller so it didn't feel quite as empty even if there was nothing there.

All in all, both great games. I may even like Banjo-Tooie more for all the additional abilities.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Sonic is an Icon & beyond more historic than Conker or Banjo.

Microsoft would have prob made Sonic game a lil.....better in a duff way.

:sonic:

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
So I watched Skyfall. I like it.

I was pleasantly surprised by Q. Thought he was gonna turn out bad.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Indeed. I was deathly afraid this obvious "reboot" would end in failure (Q). But imo, best bond film ever. Sean Connery comes close in several, they were all pretty much my series favs.

**** pierce Gaylord-snan

Top Bottom