• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social SGD: The hedgehogs are back in town.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
AiGay sucks SWF fo'lyfe
Obvious non-Sonic follower is obvious. lol

On another note, I just realized something...

If Scourge is the anti-Sonic, who comes from a different universe, and even powered into Super Scourge with a completely different set of power....

How can Scourge represent Steak and A1?

I'll give you a hint: he can't... :(

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
...Okay, so Sega @#$%ed up and they are milking what little they can out of the Sonic franchise because they just don't give a @#$% anymore.

So what else is new, any metagame changes/developments?

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
Holy ####. Does anyone remember the guy who posted in these boards saying pretty much what was quoted in the article??

They are worse than talentless: they are without passion. Bored, weary, closed-minded and out of touch with any sense of what makes games good anymore.” Quite simply put, after making so many of them, Sonic Team is tired of Sonic games – something Ben cites as a reason for Yuji Naka’s resignation in 2006.
Didn't this get said like a year ago when we were speculating SU?

Edit: Old article?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
We all kinda hate him though, so it's okay.

But having a grudge doesn't warrant a ban if anybody was about to ask.

I dun like Pineapple Pizza, but I don't go out of my way to make people stop eating it if they so choose to. D;

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Who is them?

With MK gone, Sonic horrible MUs will be more prominent.

Not to mention a lot of other characters are going to get the short end of the shtick if he does end up getting banned, it's not just Sonic (though it's the only reason I'm anti-ban, I couldn't care less if anybody else wants to keep MK around because it would improve their metagame, congrats to them).

Sure the already tourney-dominant characters will appreciate having him gone, new ones like Marth will come up too, but it's not going to help anybody else.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I voted pro ban for the reason Boxob pointed out, unfortunately.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Them = MK mains

i voted proban too. you knew this and you all know why.

And back to the sonic blog thing, just know that they continue to milk sonic by putting out trashy games because ******* like espy and KC will buy anything that they slap sonic's name on, some how thinking that they are helping the situation

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
KID, you forgot to add me to that list of KC and Espy. ********? Maybe. Is it Sonic? yes. gg. If production of any Sonic game (not talkin about these fail side chars like nights...ugh.) stops, i'll still have hope for my number one character of all time. G@Me. And comics are still running to, so Sonic will always be around for me.

:sonic: for life

I voted no for MK to be banned. Its just weird to ban someone like him. Even though he has been winning, its still weird to ban him. And i am tired of those people saying (insert promienent player here) beats top MK players including the best, but consider this. They use top tier/high tier chars to do this. No hope for the lower ones eh? Well, i'd rather lose than pick another character.

And Scourge, you are not welcome here. no green. All blue. Get back in your jail cell.

@Kinzer, Comic Sonic wars are awesome. Sonic>Scourge. And G@Sonic on that King status.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Anti-Ban, simply because Sonic is one of the few characters who actually has a shred of a chance against MK, the character who is winning the most and most overused in tournaments.

and gg Sega

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
And back to the sonic blog thing, just know that they continue to milk sonic by putting out trashy games because ******* like espy and KC will buy anything that they slap sonic's name on, some how thinking that they are helping the situation
Add another one to that list, because even though the games are fail I appreciate them.

It could be worse... we could be dealing with... Battletoads!

Eh, it's not a bad game, it's just MAD hard, I heard.

They use top tier/high tier chars to do this. No hope for the lower ones eh? Well, i'd rather lose than pick another character.
The funny thing is, you don't even need a top/high tier character to beat MK, just any with a 6:4 disadvantage at the worst, one of them who happens to be Sonic.

The lower tiered characters who have a bad MU against MK have other problems besides him, and we would be categorized with them if our character too sucked against MK, thankfully that isn't the case.

Edit: Gah, you people who are saying "it's one less MU" are sadly misinformed... I feel sorry for any of you who have serious trouble with Marth/G&W, moreso Marth because if MK is gone he will become more prominent. G&W might drop due to Snake but it won't help our case, it would only neutralize it at best.

I don't care though, even if others will CP when they are faced with Sonic's bad MUs, I will be the one to evolve his metagame and turn his bad MUs into neutrals if that's the best that can be done, but I'll aim for even better.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I don't use AIM anymore now that I don't arrange Wi-Fi matches.

However if you need me to hope on, I'll be on.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I don't use AIM anymore now that I don't arrange Wi-Fi matches.

However if you need me to hope on, I'll be on.
It's hopless.

But it's not that you're needed on AIM, it's for the fun of it :o
I mean for realz, it's not like you go into the xat often so you might as well go on AIM to talk to other Sonics.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I'm not on any Instant messager because as of recently I've been playing a lot of DotA, and in a game where there are no distractions except when you're at base and there is no counterattack, you have to be watching all the time.

However since I'm not playing, my other excuse is that reading the thread concerning MKs ban is keeping my attention.

I also happen to have another essay tabbed out... I'm working on it, I'd say it's 45% done.

I should get back to it before I forget it, scrap it, and then waste the time that I did putting up that 45%

I'm really sorry I haven't been on, I've also been depressed a little bit, part of it was since I couldn't go to Genesis when my mom said she didn't mind taking me, the last Vegassmash weekly here got canceled, and I've been Hella bored/didn't feel like doing anything at all until I could Brawl some peeps.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Ah well, I hear ya mang.

You do what you gotta do.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Four things:

1: **** you.
2: Why do you even care?
3: I don't buy anything with his face on it.
4: **** you.

=====

Anyways, I voted pro-ban.

Binx

Smash Master
hey guys who are the best sonics right now? I want a list of good videos with varied tactics so I can copy stuff and learn to play him faster.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Would it be wrong for me to ask here where I could find the Scourge texture? I only found 1 site that had a download to it by Kyotita and it doesn't work. >.<

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You should go to the Sonic Xat, I'm sure somebody can hook you up with that texture hack.

I don't know why you want that though, Sonic >x it's overr 9,000!!!!!! Scourge.

Kupo Rose

Sonic Xat? Can you provide the link? or will I have to look for that lol and I thought you guys dont go there as much anymore because of all the randomers appearing there.

Sonic > Scourge. Yes =) but I recently got texture hacks so whats more fitting to the green costume than Scourge. xD

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
xat.com/bluesteak

I couldn't help but notice the boards have been pretty dead all day >_>
That usually means the xat is active. I haven't been on much today but...

Kupo Rose

Ahh thanks Cam :) I'll check it out whenever I can. (on my psp atm) Hopefully I'll Scourge there.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
There are many reasons why I don't go on the Xat, but don't let my inactivity/absence stop you from hanging out with the others, I'm just the nerdy guy who wants to fit in with all the cool kids, I'm a nobody.

Besides, as of late, I haven't been that inactive from the Xat. :)

Top Bottom