• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFSU Brawl Singles Bi-Weekly - May 10th (BRING WII + SSBB!)

HowaitoKumaSan

Smash Apprentice
I believe we're sticking with PBR. I haven't heard any objections from the others, so I'ma say that's what we are.

Oh yeah, I've been practicing with Falco, and I gotta say, he's actually pretty good.

HowaitoKumaSan

Smash Apprentice
We're having Brawl again this friday, me thinks. I think it's the first Brawl tournament that the CGC is putting together. Of course, I'll have gotten payed by then, and I expect all the other tournament participants to pay me, too.

OH SNAP, SEE WHAT I DID THERE!?

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
We're having Brawl again this friday, me thinks. I think it's the first Brawl tournament that the CGC is putting together. Of course, I'll have gotten payed by then, and I expect all the other tournament participants to pay me, too.

OH SNAP, SEE WHAT I DID THERE!?
OH SNAP, HE PULLED A G-REG. <.<

CGCGrayfox

Smash Journeyman
Correction. This friday is still friendlies.

Next Saturday is the first official Brawl Tournament. It gives a week for everyone to practice up. =) Since Smash Brawl Rules aren't official yet, We are going to make the most fair rules as possible. Those will be my next post so you guys can practice up.

To Bear, Im not to found of PBR because I think it's a bit insulting to DBR. Also it would be pretty shameful if we just get stomped by them but again even more awesome if we turn out better then them. So im 50/50. I'll go with Majority Vote but my personal vote still goes to Shined Blind or even Just CGC.

For you brawler out there, Im going to main snake. Show Time Da.

NoR4U29

Smash Apprentice
Actually I believe the standard rules are up on the new tia.
From what I've heard its 3-stock, 8-mins (though you won't need them all), and as for the stages we all know FD, Battlefield, that animal crossing stage, and a few others. Since I don't own the game yet I wouldn't know the correct names.

Eh. If they do teams I call that crazy DDD player b33f.

$nuggles misses purple toon link. ^^

CGCGrayfox

Smash Journeyman
Reno Stage set, Any one got the list? Im pretty sure the list is obvious. They definitely put thought into fair levels this time. Of course we ban the bogus levels. it's the half/ half levels im not sure about. Like Snakes Stage.

PBR > Breakfast club my opinion

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
Here is the reno rule set for stages:

Random neutral stages are: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Smashville, Lylat Cruise .

Counterpicks include all neutrals and: Luigi's Mansion, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Battleship Halberd, Castle Siege(Fire Emblem), Delfino Plaza

I would ban any stages with walls. As fox can still infinite shine, falco can infinite laser lock, dedede can infinite chain throw with dthrow (its untechable), and there are the jab infinites. So yea no snakes stage. I personally think that pokemon stadium 1 and rainbow cruise should be counter picks also.

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
I didnt make the list. I wouldnt put luigis mansion as neutral though, cause of the pillars slow down moves. on the bottom level it acts like the cage from hyrule temple, meaning if you can tech well you'll live to ridiculous percents. Though you can get rid of it when you destroy all the pillars. I think its fine as a counterpick.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I would ban any stages with walls. As fox can still infinite shine, fox can infinite laser lock, dedede can infinite chain throw with dthrow (its untechable), and there are the jab infinites. So yea no snakes stage. I personally think that pokemon stadium 1 and rainbow cruise should be counter picks also.
I think jab infinites were disproved. But also, sure these might be very good tactics for some characters in stages with walls, but how do we know they are actually BROKEN and not simply very good? I mean, maybe they are just as good as say Sheik's CG in Melee? Or even WOBBLING? We can't really know how good they are or if they are broken until people actually use them in tourneys and give the metagame a chance to work around it.

NoR4U29

Smash Apprentice
We shall see. I'll bring my A game next time so be ready. Btw I want a Yoshi vs Kirby match in Brawl b33f. That should be interesting. Apparently Kirby is mid tier in some of the tier list I have seen.

Either way that's Lu for clearing things up. I was talking with one of your crew mates Hoodie and he says he'll be at the next sf biweekly.

Also anyone get a call from the gamestops. They were suppose to call people and tell them what time the tournys were. Stupid gamestop.

Icekid09

Smash Cadet
OK IM sick of B33f and NoR's trash talk cause they know Team awsome ( COMBO AND KATO) Are much better brawlers. and if your team has any objections then confront my lucas and combos ROB.
if not please not please deposit a quarter lol

CGCGrayfox

Smash Journeyman
I looked over the reno stages and commented before in this forum, I agree with banning walk off stages and stages with walls. Makes sense since certain characters can take extreme advantage of them. I dont want DeeDeeDee chain grabing all the way to the end for game every time. XD. Also the shine infinite with the wall too. I not like the Norfair level. seems to random to before regardless of meeting the walk off and wall conditions. other then that Reno's basic stages seem fair. Any critism is encouraged. We want to balance this as much as possible.

P.S. NoR4U and B33f are going down to CGCgrayfox + ( I need a partner) this friday. Will you be there? XD

NoR4U29

Smash Apprentice
Is that a challenge? I'm game
But I'm only going to be there from 3-5. Have to leave early to get my sis.
Looking forward to the matches. Someone record. Cause its going to be epic.
You might have to slow it down cause I'm going to be playing so fast. lol

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
I looked over the reno stages and commented before in this forum, I agree with banning walk off stages and stages with walls. Makes sense since certain characters can take extreme advantage of them. I dont want DeeDeeDee chain grabing all the way to the end for game every time. XD. Also the shine infinite with the wall too. I not like the Norfair level. seems to random to before regardless of meeting the walk off and wall conditions. other then that Reno's basic stages seem fair. Any critism is encouraged. We want to balance this as much as possible.

P.S. NoR4U and B33f are going down to CGCgrayfox + ( I need a partner) this friday. Will you be there? XD
I personally dont like norfair either, but I can understand why its a counterpick. Most of the hazards dont kill and do damage similar to brinstar. Though the big lavafall that covers the screen besides that one place does kill, thats what I dont like. I would definitely put brinstar, pokemon stadium 1, and rainbow cruise as returning counterpicks.

Top Bottom