• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFSU Brawl Singles Bi-Weekly - May 10th (BRING WII + SSBB!)

rayecho

Smash Ace
Casey, can you show me the way to this new building or can someone just post a map of where this place is.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
Too few if you ask me. Any good players out there though? Or is that another reason why we're being overlooked, lol.

Sorry, double post - on my Wii.
My whole crew is the few and I think we are quite good. Any objections on that guys?

double post on your Wii is very acceptable.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
I think I'm going to go this weekend. It'll be like my 3rd melee tournament ever (since I only started playing competitively a few months ago).

Luckily I'm from San Mateo, so it's hella easy to get there.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
Interesting. I guess we'll see. SSBB should bring about all the 'good' crews/players, especially in the bay area. I can't wait to compete with you all as well.
lots of people arent going to be there because of the other stuff going on but yes, we shall see.

HowaitoKumaSan

Smash Apprentice
All I'm gonna say is that anyone who pays more money after reaching Daly City BART is dumb, and should never play Smash. Again.

There's a shuttle that runs free to SF State, or you can catch the 122 samtrans if you're THAT desperate to spend moneys.

Naota21t

Smash Champion
fcking ****, i can't go anymore. Theres this big party at sat. so yea... I'll definitely be going to future ones though, especially once brawls out.

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
Not trying to be insulting, but do you go to tournaments?
Not really sure how that would be insulting (unless there's something you're not telling me).. but no, I don't. I never felt the need to. Up until about a year ago I didn't know people still gathered for Melee tournaments. As far as I know, such things only took place within individual groups of people and their circle of friends. Outside of the people who posted their pro Melee vids online, I literally didn't know anyone else in my area who played SSB. Nowadays I've come to find that there are alot of players in the surrounding areas (SF, Davis, Sac, etc.) but still not very many where I live. Now with the exception of Gerudo and some other one.

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
Well, including yourself, I now know 3 out of a billion. Almost there!

But no really, other than to start attending tourneys, there's no possible way for me to know that. Everyone I know are either non-gamers or are anti-nintendo.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
Well, including yourself, I now know 3 out of a billion. Almost there!

But no really, other than to start attending tourneys, there's no possible way for me to know that. Everyone I know are either non-gamers or are anti-nintendo.
you could smash with us one day? The___Cheese is in the San Pablo crew too, but yes, there are alot of smashers with us. You just have to really really get out there and find us.

pockyD

Smash Legend
what time does this thing start?

seeing as it started like an hour later than i thought it would last time, i'd like to get a better handle on things

CGCGrayfox

Smash Journeyman
Ok people here is the game plan.

Friday. CGC weekly meeting - 1 Melee, 1 Brawl. 2 Xbox360's with Halo. This is the usual set up we have every friday. Opens 3 - 9. This is strictly casual play. Have fun!

Saturday - SFSU Bi weekly.

Time: 9 - 4

Where: Burk Hall 408

( Burk Hall is the buliding behind the student center. NESJake is incharge, and he is familar with the area. He'll be there early at 9, and he'll help you guys find it. Also, if you can't find any one, ask the info desk they know we are there and they will direct you. If any one of you has questions, you can call me ( even though I wont be there ) and I'll help you out as best as I can.

CGCGrayfox ( Chris Solis ) PH# 650 922 1884

I will not be there this saturday. I want to, but I have something more important at my hands. Sorry smashers. I'll make efforts to have my stuff there of course. I'll make sure my Cube + Melee and my wii are there.

Brawl Set up:
Brawl should be on the projector with all four players rotating. We are doing this because:

1.) everyone wants to see and play brawl. Its fair everyone gets to play evenly. We will play this game competitively, but not today.
2.) even though projectors aren't idle for tournament play, again, this is casual brawl. We want more players to see the game.

HowaitoKumaSan is a buddy of mine, Im sure he'll keep an eye on the place. HE can help anyone reach me if they need too.

CGCGrayfox

Smash Journeyman
Oh btw, who's bringing the tio CPU this time? Sorry people, i'm a mac guy =/. Zoap, is usually the MAN and has brought it the last 2 times.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
Ok people here is the game plan.

Friday. CGC weekly meeting - 1 Melee, 1 Brawl. 2 Xbox360's with Halo. This is the usual set up we have every friday. Opens 3 - 9. This is strictly casual play. Have fun!

Saturday - SFSU Bi weekly.

Time: 9 - 4

Where: Burk Hall 408

( Burk Hall is the buliding behind the student center. NESJake is incharge, and he is familar with the area. He'll be there early at 9, and he'll help you guys find it. Also, if you can't find any one, ask the info desk they know we are there and they will direct you. If any one of you has questions, you can call me ( even though I wont be there ) and I'll help you out as best as I can.

CGCGrayfox ( Chris Solis ) PH# 650 922 1884

I will not be there this saturday. I want to, but I have something more important at my hands. Sorry smashers. I'll make efforts to have my stuff there of course. I'll make sure my Cube + Melee and my wii are there.

Brawl Set up:
Brawl should be on the projector with all four players rotating. We are doing this because:

1.) everyone wants to see and play brawl. Its fair everyone gets to play evenly. We will play this game competitively, but not today.
2.) even though projectors aren't idle for tournament play, again, this is casual brawl. We want more players to see the game.

HowaitoKumaSan is a buddy of mine, Im sure he'll keep an eye on the place. HE can help anyone reach me if they need too.
ty chris :) im sure things will go very smoothe. it will be a fun day

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
you could smash with us one day? The___Cheese is in the San Pablo crew too, but yes, there are alot of smashers with us. You just have to really really get out there and find us.
Since I plan on competing more, we'll most likely see each other every now and then, and everyone else from the area for that matter. If you ever see a bald guy with piercings in his nose and forehead wandering about, that will most likely be me.

Top Bottom