• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFSU Brawl Singles Bi-Weekly - May 10th (BRING WII + SSBB!)

Figs

Smash Apprentice
Gah, I need to go to this. Owned myself yesterday at SJSU. Three SD's in one match!!!! WOWOOWOWoWOwOWowwoWOWOW! Anyways, when is that smashfest snuggles xD

Les Money

Smash Cadet
figs! i want a rematch! haha you weren't yourself haha i hope to see you this sat!

quak

Smash Champion
dude, how come the tourney is starting so early? And why singles first?

i could make it if the times were switched around and stuff but that's prolly not gonna happen...

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Quak: b/c I'm not sure how long I'll have the room so singles > firiendlies > teams :).

Burr: I guess b/c SSBM is not an arcade game? :(

The___cheese

Smash Lord
Looks like there is going to be quite a large turnout for this, i'm looking forward to this quite a bit.

Simna I want to get friendlies with you, and you too Lucien.

Figs

Smash Apprentice
Aww, i was hoping to get owned by your Falco again Quak. I really enjoyed playing it at the SJSU tourney. BTW, I was the guy with the really bushy hair and that shirt with snakes all over it.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Figs don't get spiked after an upthrow this Saturday :p - BTW, I remember how technical your falco was...when we started the set - I was like **** o.O;

OH SNAP, lucien finally finished his combo vid ;o

NoR4U29

Smash Apprentice
Figgs: Hey is X-master coming? He inspired by brother to play falcon

Del: Alright then I am obviously not going to choose pikachu. thought I did train with him nonstop for a while.

Syra: Is saturday is going to go down like this?
9:00-Friendlies
11:00-Singles?

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Nor4u: Figs posted that xmaster is coming...I thought he played samus though? Guess I didn't play his cf yet :p. The info about when the tourney is starting, etc. is on the first post...I'm too lazy to go over there, copy it, and paste it here...even though I just wasted time typing all of that out xD

BTW, whose the one that played the jiggs and bowser during the last tourney?

Icekid09

Smash Cadet
figgs: i wanna remacth between are falcos

syra: i never got to finsh are fight gannondorf vs marth

i hope to fight simna lucien nad chesse again also. o yeah if theres doubles ima bring my boy GAMA

syra76

Smash Journeyman
All right - we'll have a rematch during friendlies. Afterward, play my fox, falco, falcon, and jigs plz - my bros don't play dorf so I never get practice against him! xP

I'm gonna give it my all this time - when I got up against lucien I was like **** and kinda gave up - plus I hadn't eaten all day and the ppl at SFSU are gay (they were annoying me with their room changes and ppl crying about not seeing a bright pink paper saying where to go) - no johns, I know you're better than me but I hope I improved enough to disprove that :).

As for the other matches in losers bracket - ALL of them were TOO close (figs falco ditto, xmasterprime samus vs. marth [double missile spammer >.<], cheese's sheik vs marth [hehe, marth's story]...etc). I know I did try hard for Nor4u b/c I REALLY didn't want to be knocked out AGAIN by a peach and he pissed me off when he chose pikachu for the first match in winner's bracket :p

...that's probably why I almost three stocked him twice *sets flame for competitive nature*. ;)

[corny]But seriously, I did notice that everyone got better than they were at the first one and I hope that this continues as I host more tourneys. For me, that's better than winning the pot.[/corny]

NoR4U29

Smash Apprentice
Syra: I have to say I'm not going to use peach as much this tourney. So your going to have to deal with random characters like Luigi, DK, and Yoshi. I'm kidding.

Figs

Smash Apprentice
Update!

X-master will no longer be coming with me because he got in trouble for coming home late on the SJSU tourney. Oh wells

I accept all rematches, and my Falco is much faster now than the last time you guys played it xD. Also, I will be bringing the same things, tv and a cube. Oh, and Syra, rematch with Falco, I want to see if my practicing had gotten me somewhere =P. Anyways, I'll see you guys this Saturday =D

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Alright I think i coming to this too ,most likely with the cheese and the rest of our crew.Hey nintendo king I want a rematch with you ,since the san jose biweekly in Jan or Feb where we fought first round and it ended up on our third match and we both had 1 life left and you up smashed me with fox to end it.......it was fun and I want to play you again if possible.Well see at the tourney,later.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
X-master will no longer be coming with me because he got in trouble for coming home late on the SJSU tourney. Oh wells

I accept all rematches, and my Falco is much faster now than the last time you guys played it xD. Also, I will be bringing the same things, tv and a cube. Oh, and Syra, rematch with Falco, I want to see if my practicing had gotten me somewhere =P. Anyways, I'll see you guys this Saturday =D
The same thing happened to me, that's another reason I like starting at 10:00. This way we can end the tournament portion earlier and then leave the remaining time for more friendlies for those that are able to stay longer. Btw, my falco got worse. I've been playing fox A LOT more, so the timing for falco's waveshine seems too slow for me and I fuvk it up :cool:

NK is coming...?

AznShadoW

Smash Journeyman
my marth/fox/falco is my main now not sure about my falcon =/ but im gonna pwn in this one, since im sure i wont get a fever this time -_-

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
aznshadow lets get some good friendlies this time, I want to try your new three mains and your falcon.

I am REALLY tempted to go all doc/sheik this tournament.....depends who shows up. I need to work on them, I want to have a couple characters I can fall back on if I feel shakey about my fox.

I'm gonna give it my all this time - when I got up against lucien I was like **** and kinda gave up ... I know you're better than me but I hope I improved enough to disprove that :).
so do I, we also need to get some matches. Looks like the people from TLA who will be showing up are me, dread, and hoodie.

NoR4U29

Smash Apprentice
Figgs: That's sad. A couple of people my friends wanted to play X master.

Lucien: Want to do a friendly sheik ditto? I want to see the difference of my shiek compare to others. My bro says its too confusing to play against.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
I am REALLY tempted to go all doc/sheik this tournament.....depends who shows up. I need to work on them, I want to have a couple characters I can fall back on if I feel shakey about my fox.
Hmm if u go all doc/sheik then i will ;) haha anyway i can take like caltrain then bart, but uhh i might have to leave early or somethin...we'll see wat happens

secypotato

Smash Cadet
Ah, was it Syria who wanted to know who played puff and bowser?
I'm up for a couple friendlies or a money match if you'de like. Also, I'm interested in a low tier tourney. Why haven't we had at least a small one? I can't stand doubles.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Secy: More ppl want doubles. Plus, I like doubles more. If we have enough time after doubles - low tier tourney for sure. I'll do friendlies, but doubt I'll do mm...who knows, if I win the other mms then sure :p. BTW, syria = country, syra = me :).

Wh00t! Bobby's coming. I haven't played him in forever and he seems to be doing awesome in the past few tournies...#8 to #3 in norcal...ftw x)

Just another message to nag: If you can, bring TVs and cubes plz. # of TVs, # of cubes = amount of matches played, fun, clutter, chances of low tier

The___cheese

Smash Lord
I want to get friendlies with everyone I can, hope to see some of the same people from before there.

I will see if I can bring a tv.

Btw can someone bump my tournament thread please?

Icekid09

Smash Cadet
yes bobby's coming i final can test my doc against his. i think that this tourney is good have som savage smashers. i can't wait

Top Bottom