• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFSU Brawl Singles Bi-Weekly - May 10th (BRING WII + SSBB!)

syra76

Smash Journeyman
I don't what/where the Muni M station. I do know that the Muni 28 stop is across from the HSS building. Also, *if* the Muni M is that one lightrail thing...yes, it's across from the HSS building.

samusu89

Smash Cadet
*grrrrrrrrrrrrr* it looks like I'm not going to be able to go tomorrow........ maybe next time.....

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... 7 dollars to 5 wouldn't be bad IMO, but it can be risky. I can pay 7 bucks no problem, 5 would be better :p That can either help or not. 5 is MUCH more convenient, which can possibly increase the number of paying participants, but if it doesn't increase people joining in the end, then yeah... Anywho, I'll see you all tomorrow! Hope it all turns well.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
I see your point $nuggles. Tell you all what...if a low number of people enter the tourney I'll keep at $7, but if say 20+ (?) people enter...$5 will seem reasonable.

AznShadoW

Smash Journeyman
ok i just hope its $5 =] and im geting rdy to go in an hour see u all there, gl hf gg!!

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
The tourney..was ok.

i wish there were no LCD screens. they lag.

nice entry fee, seems nice. 5$, i like it, more people are willing to join b/c of that too.

nice gaming everyone. see you all around.
LOL WE DIDNT EVEN GET TO PLAY -_-.

Nice playing everyone and sorry to syra brother yoshi story Marth is too good ^^.

secypotato

Smash Cadet
The tourney..was ok.

i wish there were no LCD screens. they lag.

nice entry fee, seems nice. 5$, i like it, more people are willing to join b/c of that too.

nice gaming everyone. see you all around.
Well, if people would bring TVs, then we wouldnt have to worry about lcd screens. There were only 3 TVs, two of which were mine. SO PEOPLE!!!! BRING TVS!!!!!

azn_danny

Smash Cadet
Well, if people would bring TVs, then we wouldnt have to worry about lcd screens. There were only 3 TVs, two of which were mine. SO PEOPLE!!!! BRING TVS!!!!!
yea big thanks to secy for the tv's; it probably would've lasted longer than it did if it was just one tv. but they should've been able to get some tv's from the school, otherwise, if no one brought a tv, then there wouldnt even be a tourny. besides that, it was a pretty smooth tourny, good thing lunin knew how to make brackets lol, or at least he tried >_> i look forward to more tournies in the future.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Nice tourney all...TVs were provided by SFSU but they required the av plug >_>

Special thanks to $nugs and Lunin for help on the brackets and the ppl who brang the TVs. Oh yeah, and Bobby's surprise appearance xD

1. Zel (Lunin)
2. SS
3. Germ (FMF?)
4. Clod (Azn_Danny?)
5. NR4U
5. SWR
7. Myko
7. Blakmage
7. Aznshadow
7. Joel
11. $nuggles
11. Carlos (disqualified)
11. Syra
11. Nightcrawler
11. Kato
11. Battlepenguin
17. Luis
17. Zaza
17. Secypotato
17. Greg

I'm missing two because $nug crossed off some names as they were getting eliminating so I couldn't tell the placement. Please post if I ***ked up anything above :p

Yeah, so next time...MORE TVs, Lunin bring your labtop, and ppl bring AV plugs o_o;

I have the room for next Saturday too, but I can't make it. Lunin said that the majority of the ppl will be going to NCB, so if the others who would like to go to SFSU...I need a volunteer to host in my absence. After next week, the next biweekly will be in January due to Finals.

Hope you all had fun...sorry for the lack of friendlies...enjoy your GIFTCARDS winners :)

FMF: My brother says good matches and that he's already training for next time...

Edit: Ha ha, post 69...okay...I'm done xP

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
Tourney was cool, especially for a first time. Good number of people. IF I can make it next Sat, then I guess I can help host, but just IMO, I think it would be good to keep it biweekly, just to keep it more suspenseful. Hopefully I'll be ready next time XD, I guess I REALLY need to get used to facing faster people. It was a good experience finally being able to face really good people so conveniently since im such a tourney nub.

Nice meeting everyone, thanks Syra for the room and hosting, and Lunin helped ALOT on brackets. Hopefully next time will be more fun ^_^

Lol also sorry SS for clutter of noobs(including me :p) wanting a hopeless piece of you lol, you definately are uber pwnage.

Next time will definately be more organized, and well also get to use the projector XD.

btw Myko, you are prob talking about blakmage. His main is Falco.

AznShadoW

Smash Journeyman
well i remember when me, blakmage, and $nuggles was playing with lun while he playing with these weird cheap strats o_O the king of rock thing... and the corneria thing =D, but then i get to play the fake germ dont know who hes part of baysians i think, and we got 3 freindlies matches =], wanted to play myko, friday we were about to but we maded it 1stock ffa instead, then yesterday i still didnt get to >=( and syra tell ur bro that i never knew i would fight a peach in the tourney so i dont know any strats or any idea on how to fight a abusing peach so tell him i want a rematch with him next time i see him, and that i would pwn him with link =]

Hoodie

Smash Journeyman
AznShadow - Your main is Cfalcon right? Think I played you when I first got there, Fox player =p

everyone I played - Fun matchs, a bunch of them were really close, I'll be getting ready for the next time we have one of these :D

I also played a doc player, didnt catch his name, the match was so close [ I barely won ] , lunin and falcomist were giving commentary as we played with our last stocks lol.. fun match. who ever you were, must re-match next time :o

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing you were wearing the hood, Hoodie :p Yeah fun matches. Curse you Aznshadow and ur chaingrabs :p Good stuff. As for Syra's lil bro, lol his Peach definately plays different than any Peach I've ever played. Smart kid, but ya I'll be ready next time XD Fake Germ was Falcomist btw. Also forgot to say Congrats to Lunin and his win (your fox is so proooo).

Les Money

Smash Cadet
I also played a doc player, didnt catch his name, the match was so close [ I barely won ] , lunin and falcomist were giving commentary as we played with our last stocks lol.. fun match. who ever you were, must re-match next time :o

hha hoodie that was me. to be honest i would;ve won if i just back threw you off the stage. but i was trying a few things out. but yeah it was a good match. and i'd be honored if we had a rematch. haha ill play you for some giftcards hahahha

Balloon

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I live in SOregon, and I'm going to be visiting the Bay Area this christmas break (Probably around the 21st through the 30th or something). I was just wondering when exactly the next biweekly will be, because I would love to attend, and also if anyone around close to Martinez would like to smash it up while I'm visiting. AIM me at MrFlarfy22 or email me at ralph_thegreat@hotmail.com.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Balloon: I doubt it will be anytime soon due to finals.

Myko: His name is Adrian, and I wish he would come but he "doesn't play smash much anymore" >_>

$nugs: Get back to me before you decide :)

Bobby: *cop walks by* STOP talking in farcy...we'll look suspicious...xD

Aznshadow: Haha, he REALLY is a down smash abuser, but yeah...

You're welcome all and I bet the next one will be WAY better (with more TVs :p).

secypotato

Smash Cadet
AznShadow - Your main is Cfalcon right? Think I played you when I first got there, Fox player =p

everyone I played - Fun matchs, a bunch of them were really close, I'll be getting ready for the next time we have one of these :D

I'm pretty sure there were only two docs there: me, and bobby. And seeing as how u said u won, im assuming it's me. So sure, definately up for a rematch babe. Btw, what character did you use? That might help me remember.

Also wanted to mention that I may be able to set up my own weekly tourny in SF. Its in a decent sized studio area, so we'de have plenty of room. In the mission district on florida st. So if anyones interested, just say so.
IT'S TIME TO SPLIT!

secypotato

Smash Cadet
mission district O_O thats dangerous
Haha, don't worry! It's totally safe. However if you do happen to come accross some hoodlums, whip out ur controller and school em. Theyll never bother you again. I know how the mexiconomy works up in this B***.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure there were only two docs there: me, and bobby. And seeing as how u said u won, im assuming it's me. So sure, definately up for a rematch babe. Btw, what character did you use? That might help me remember.

Also wanted to mention that I may be able to set up my own weekly tourny in SF. Its in a decent sized studio area, so we'de have plenty of room. In the mission district on florida st. So if anyones interested, just say so.
IT'S TIME TO SPLIT!
u missed Lester Les$ he play doc also.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Falcomist: Your birthday is 12-11-88? MY birthday is 12-11-88 o_O;

NR4U

Smash Rookie
All in all it was an awsome tourny, it was a first for me other then the BIG ONE. Oh and like $nug said, sorry for the group of n00bs playing you (including me)

secypotato

Smash Cadet
So were gaving one on the 9th, but what about the 16? I need to know what days were doing these.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
secypotato: 9th if someone will host. After the 9th, sometime in January (due to finals a good majority of rooms will be taken).

Top Bottom