• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFSU Brawl Singles Bi-Weekly - May 10th (BRING WII + SSBB!)

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
im showing up at 10am

ALSO people if u can bring TV's and i might be bringin a TV and a cube so cube and tv are good to bring.

I want maybe a limit of 4 tv's maybe cause the arcade has only limited amount of power output and i know their holding a lot of tourneys that day.

AznShadoW

Smash Journeyman
i live 5 blocks away from sfsu and do we really have to pay for biweeklies o_O??, and then can u give us a map to the classroom the club gonna be in =] cause ill get inside the building >8) , ill prob be there with my improve skills of falcon and marth >8)

azn_danny

Smash Cadet
i dont think tomorrow is an official biweekly, but if we have enough ppl coming then we might try to start a tourny or something.

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this would be extremely awesome for me. I live like less than 10 minutes away from State. I'm around borderline DC and SF. Also planning to goto CCSF next year. Too bad I cant go this tomorrow, studio session at Hyde :( But for sure there is one next week right?

syra76

Smash Journeyman
snuggles: Not for sure yet. If the group leader doesn't e-mail me back by Wednesday, I'll have to cancel since I don't want everyone being pissed off if I have to cancel right before the 18th.

AznShadow: You pay to enter the tournament. TVs we be left for friendlies "free play" except when the actual tournament is taking place (ends the tournament faster)

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
OKAY bad news guys i cant bring a TV for tomorrow SO in order for something to happen TOMORROW we ned to TV's to be brought to RACK N CUE so we can play.

ILL make a list right now how many cube and TV we can get

Cubes
AznDanny
Falcomist

TV's
NONE so far -_-

BRINGS tv's guys plz even small ones are fine. Thx in advance i really want to smash tomorrow while playing initial D and if not well were screwed no smash -_-.

WORD ADVICE PPL READ POST LATER TONITE AND MORNIN SEE IF PPL WILL BRING TV's CAUSE IF SO THEN COME TO RACK N CUE AROUND 11AM OR SO BUT CHECK POST FIRST. IF NO ONE BRINGS A TV OR I CANT GET ONE FROM RACK N CUE I SUGGEST U DONT COME SO U DONT WASTE UR MONEY FOR BART OR ANYTHING.

MY friend also talked to manager of Rack N cue and said he is gonna try to get me a TV but it isnt certain so we will have to see.

Hoodie

Smash Journeyman
aw man that sucks, I'd bring one if I didn't have to ride Bart and Bus.
Hopefully this problem gets solved, I was looking forward to playing you guys.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Ah man, I just finished getting ready to go x_X; Same here Hoodie...too hard to carry a TV on BART and bus. :(

AznShadoW

Smash Journeyman
AznShadow: You pay to enter the tournament. TVs we be left for friendlies "free play" except when the actual tournament is taking place (ends the tournament faster)
wat room is it in???????????

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
I'll be coming to the biweekly. Sorry I didnt come to the gig last saturday, seemed like no one was going so I didnt think it would be worth it. I look forward to this saturday though.

NOTE:everyone has the whole next week off yes? We should plan some intense smashing in that time period. Who's with me?

syra76

Smash Journeyman
New UPDATE: "It turns out that having a tournament with a cash prize is against school policy." :ohwell: If I were to turn it into just a smashfest, would people still show up?

I'm sent an e-mail asking if we could turn the cash from the entrants into a giftcard to EB, Gamestop, or something else. Hopefully, he'll respond by Wednesday with the room number :) Sorry all for the long wait :psycho:

AznShadoW

Smash Journeyman
yea, ill still go, wat time, wat room, and yes any chance matches to be recorded o_O? i wanna see my marth or falcon vsing some guyn from smashboards =], so does the tourney still need to pay??

azn_danny

Smash Cadet
I'll still go. I could care less about money, unlike some ppl. >_>
Just go and have fun

New UPDATE: "It turns out that having a tournament with a cash prize is against school policy." :ohwell: If I were to turn it into just a smashfest, would people still show up?
Don't they have cash prizes for the arcade tournies? O.o
my friend won some cash for Initial D.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
New UPDATE: We can turn the pot into a giftcard. Which one do you all want? Gamecrazy? Gamestop/EB (didn't they combine or something :p)? Something else? Winner can decide their own card too :ohwell:

It turned out that the guy finally went for the request of the room today (he wanted to first find out if having money pots was legal or not). I will be getting the room number today, tomorrow, or for sure by day after next, so there will officially be a tournament this Saturday...hope to see you all there! :psycho:

I don't have the count of TVs and cubes so I'll go through this thread and post it on my first message...if you can bring some too...please do :)

syra76

Smash Journeyman
"Don't they have cash prizes for the arcade tournies? O.o
my friend won some cash for Initial D."

EXACTLY...that's why I was thinking FTW!?! :mad:

BTW...how do you do the official quote box thing? o_O;

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
BTW...how do you do the official quote box thing? o_O;
If you are talking about this then just click quote below the message you want to quote.

Can't wait for this Saturday. As for the gift card... EB definately :lick: but I guess winner choosing is fine too. I'm always down for friendlies/smashfest, so either way I'd go.

If we need anything else I can bring whatever.

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
Question?

how big is the arcade that they have? Does the arcade have The King of Fighters XI? Of so does anyone play?

repuken

Smash Rookie
K balls they do have KOFXI, but barley any one plays. its like the same 5 or 6 regulars that play and they rarely come now.

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
I'm preeeeety sure it's earlier. 4-10 is most likely just fridays since it's busier. So I'll bring a cube and a TV. Can't wait.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
hey

I Have a few question about this weekend.

One it single only?
What time does it start?
what time am i allowed to come earliest?
do the prizes have to be giftcards -_-?
cant we just give prizes of money but not tell the SFSU state?
i need info plz and need them soon if im able to go

Ill be able to bring a cube.

Les Money

Smash Cadet
can the giftcard be like.... target or wal mart? and if you want money you can sell your giftcards on ebay. you won't get the exact amount for them but its still a profit cuz you only paid entry fee..... er thats if you win them

AREL0E

Smash Apprentice
where exactly is the arcade middle of campus? and i might be able to go. dont count on me for sure. depends.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
He still hasn't responded guys, but he promised that he would be able to get the room for Saturday >_>

Falcomist: As of now, I specifically asked for 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM like at SJSU and he said he'll get the room as long as he can. Yes, it has to be a giftcard...-_-...I go to SFSU so I don't want to get in trouble either :p

Top Bottom