• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFSU Brawl Singles Bi-Weekly - May 10th (BRING WII + SSBB!)

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Update

March 24, Rosa Parks A-C from 8 am to 2 pm
March 31, Open
April 21, Rosa Parks A-C 2-4 pm
April 28, Open
May 5, Any time Rosa Parks
May 12, Open

These are the days that I can get a room for free, so the next one will be March 31 (since 8AM - 2PM is too short for a tournament). :)

AznShadoW

Smash Journeyman
SYRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YESSS MARCH 31ST SPRING BREAK STARTS!!!.
and wat are the rosa parks? are they the buildings name in sfsu?
and the open wheres that :O
so march 31st ill be there for sure x_x
i been practicin alot, my marth and falcon dunno, my fox and falco is good too =] im hopin to play thse ppl again D=<

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Rosa Parks building is this fu**ing HHUUUUGGGGEEE conference room in the Cesar Chavez Center. It is two levels above the arcade. Also, it's so neat, like 3 floors in one room (enough for 50+ ppl) and outlets everywhere. Because there is so much neat stuff, etc. here - NO food/drinks allowed inside - SFSU works very hard to maintain the room.

Where "open" is written, only Jack Adams Hall will be open. This room is big as well and is also in Cesar Chavez Center but 3 floors above the arcade.

Azn: Nice. I remember your falcon that ROCKED and your falco that was okay (no offense). My brother and I have got a crap load better as well. It'll be fun playing everyone again...

syra76

Smash Journeyman
:( Ah man...I wanted to play your fox too.

Everyone make sure to bring Cubes/TV...this is the only reason the last one was "EH" vs "WOW...THAT WAS GOOD!"

AznShadoW

Smash Journeyman
lets do it like lsat time friendlies till 1:00 or 2:00 so we can all warmp up on friendlies =]

SEJBisNICE

Smash Rookie
...man i wanna go hella bad...lol this is gonna be so sick. anyone from antioch going? zoap? snap? kawn?

Narfanator

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
NARF#806
I'll be home because of spring break so I'll be coming to this one...I've been going to the Sac biweeklies because I go to school up there...and hopefully my skills can match up...so im really cluless on how SFSU holds there biweeklies...do people have to bring TVs/cubes to have enough to go around or are there TVs there and people bring the cubes...and how does that gift card thing work? and how many people usually show up?...

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Azn: I'm gonna start the tourney earlier this time and remaining time can go for friendlies

Narf: SJSU has a small room but a crap load of TVs and we have the exact opposite :p ...so the more tvs/cubes bring, the more fun/smooth the tournament can go. Last time, the first one, I'd say around 35-40 ppl came?

Last time I played around the giftcard thing, but this time I can't since I'm representing the club directly. So I guess I'll take the money, make it into a giftcard if the winners' choice, and mail them.

samusu89

Smash Cadet
Sweet! I might be able to go to this one. Although I'm slightly confused as to where it be... At the Burk Hall again?

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Holy Cow! Hey I live on campus here at SF State and I never knew about this! Rad.

Anyway, my name's Cody, and I'm probably incredibly terrible compared to the rest of you, but ****, it sounds like fun.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Is there even any teams coming? Last tourney was all friendlies + singles. If there is teams, I'd like to start around 10. If not, we can have friendlies until 12, singles, and more friendlies afterwards (if time permits). As far I've been told, we have the room until we want to leave (like last time)...

Edit: Jack Adams Hall is the place people, not Burk Hall. I believe it's in the arcade building. If so, everyone should be able to make it to the arcade and I'll make posters telling people the exact floor and room number. I'll confirm this tomorrow when I go and check out the room.

Remember: We need more TVs, $5/person, and the standard 60/30/10 reward percentages (10% of the total pot will go to the club)...

AznShadoW

Smash Journeyman
how about friendlies til 12, singles 12:10 when singles end maybe 30min or 1hr break then start teams

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Aznshadow: All right, that sounds reasonable.

I just checked out Jack Adams Hall and it is indeed at the top floor of of the arcade (Cesar Chavez Center). It's so big that we could have a national tournament in it xD

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
Ya need to offset this with the sac biweeklies. I know if you did, I'd be down with coming over and trying to get the rest of my crew with me. It'd be a lot better.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
It's really not in my hands, whenever I can get the room I hold the tourney...:ohwell:

AREL0E

Smash Apprentice
finally. i can attend. geex school is taking alot out of me. and ive always been busy. im finally FREEE

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
I will actually be showing up to this, I moved the fishing plans to sunday. So syra we finally get to play, and DC I hope you accept my money match. I havent money matched anyone in forever, sounds like a lot of fun.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
10-12 Friendlies
12 - whenever singles
30 min break
after break, if time permits - teams

Cool! Bring TVs plz :p

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Bad News

I just got an e-mail saying that we can only use the room until 2. We have to cut doubles and start singles at 10 if we want the tourney to still work. :/

Friendlies can be 8-10.

I e-mailed the person back and asked if we absolutely have to leave at 2...hope I can get it until 6 as originally planned :urg:

PHD

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably go to this. Gotta meet someone at SF state anyway.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
He said he'll go talk to the leader today for a possible extension - I totally forgot he could do that since my weekend started Wednesday and forgot the campus is still open today (Friday off b/c of Cesar Chavez Day). *crosses fingers*

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
****, I might not be able to bring the TV this time, so if somebody can, please bring a TV. Only till 2 then huh? Well I guess as long as we start the whole thing early as possibly it'll be fine (7-8 sounds good ^_^, 6 I doubt people would want to get up that early, but for smash you never know O.o). Can't wait till then, so I'll see you guys there.

Top Bottom