• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFSU Brawl Singles Bi-Weekly - May 10th (BRING WII + SSBB!)

jmic

Smash Ace
Hey, it was awesome playing you guys. Too bad me and Jammin' couldn't stay for long. I wish we had checked the boards before we left so we wouldn't have gotten lost and not warm up! But dang, I won't be seeing you guys for awhile. I was on my break this week and I go to school at UC Merced.

I was ultimately surprised to see many Falcons out there. Cheers to you guys.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Hey umm just wondering how come the prizes for 1st-3rd are giftcards? And how come 3rd for teams didn't get anything? I'm just asking cuz like you'd probably get alot more people if there were monetary prizes for 1st-3rd in teams ;)

syra76

Smash Journeyman
There weren't many teams so the prizes would have been REALLY small. Therefore, we all decided 1st and 2nd only get a prize...$40 for 1st place team and $20 for 2nd place team would be the best division...:)

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
**** too bad I left early, would've loved to play in doubles. Fun stuff guys, and too bad I didn't place :p next time eh? (Unless a bunch of pros come and own, which I really would rather have) Hope next one can be soon. I'm down to smash whenever if anyone wants to set something up. Congrats Lucien for winning, the fox dittos were intense. And also to Syra for placing 2nd. Hopefully next time will be organized to it's fullest.

Icekid09

Smash Cadet
KATO: falcomist should have came i was ready for a falco ditto with the you and to fight silent spectre. =)

NoR4U:The games were intense everyone. Syra, we need to have some more matches.

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
KATO: falcomist should have came i was ready for a falco ditto with the you and to fight silent spectre. =)
LOL, callout? I think I smell money matches lol.

Well anyways, it was fun. Too bad I didn't face too many people :( only had 3 matches in the tourney.

BTW Matt, we should have another STD sometime soon eh? You know I'm down.

Figs

Smash Apprentice
Oh man, of course! I need to let more people know about it though. I haven't been doing too good of a job on informing others, haha.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Sorry cheese, marth dittos are my specialty :) Close sheik matches...you should have gone for that wall tech fair :p...I need more practice with sheiks: my brothers only play a good peach and samus. I need more practice against the last hoe of smash o_o;

Thanks $nugs, nice matches during tourney...you and aznshadow seemed to be tired and you actually stayed only until like 2:00 :(

Figs: Those falco dittos couldn't be anymore close: 1 stock left each, 100%+ each - up throw spiked...

FMF: Come with Baysians next time! x_x; NOOB :(

Bobby: Ay coo-see face, how come no surprise appearance this time? How's the internship...you're never home? BTW, what does choo-ta-ras-te mean again?

Nor4U: You took me into the loser bracket >=(. Anyways, nice matches...stop DIing toward my grabs and abuse the down smash more! BTW, I'll money match your peach (higher than that wimpy $1/stock during the tourney losers final we had)...next tourney...:grin:

The___cheese

Smash Lord
If i've improved this much from my first tournament to this one, I can't wait until my third one.

Smash is too awesome, would anyone be interested smash tournaments around the Richmond/San pablo area?

If people are, I may be able to start hosting maybe Triweeklies at my house.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
I really wish my parents weren't so strict...otherwise I'd go. :/

The___cheese

Smash Lord
Should I start my own thread so this one doesn't get flooded with people saying they would be able to go or not?

The reason I havn't yet is because I am not sure about how much people like topics about something that might not even happen if enough people don't reply.

Figs

Smash Apprentice
I'll come more prepared next time =D Hopefully the Baysians will go, I'm still yet to play Lunin, even though he spent the night at my house, and took me to my first and second tourney. Odd.

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
BTW Matt, we should have another STD sometime soon eh? You know I'm down.
if you have one this weekend I want to go. I dont think theres going to be a tournament this weekend and I want to smash this weekend. Actually almost anyday this week is fine, just need to know a couple days in advance so I can secure a ride. Spring break. Also Cheese if you host a triweekly I will try to come.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Umm yeah if Bootle doesn't have his tourny or w/e then I could try to come to this....as far as I know there aren't any other tournies planned for this Saturday other than Bootle's.

The___cheese

Smash Lord
Syra, I am horribly horrible at ledge teching T_T.

I wish my friend would teach me, he ledgeteched my Peach's downsmash eight times in a row the other day.

Figs

Smash Apprentice
I'll have to ask my parents if I can host one this weekend. Right now I'm highly doubting it because my parents are having company over, so don't get your hopes up. Anybody else doing anything this weekend. I'm seriously craving Smash right now as well.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Cheese: DI toward the ledge prior to getting hit and hold L/R. Since you should have already pressed up + B , you won't air dodge when doing this.

Go ahead and ask here Cheese.

SRB: IF you're asking about SFSU...not until May xD

EDIT: [noob] What's a STD: based on the posts t sounds like a smashfest, but what do the exact letters stand for [/noob]

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
Cheese: DI toward the ledge prior to getting hit and hold L/R. Since you should have already pressed up + B , you won't air dodge when doing this.

Go ahead and ask here Cheese.

SRB: IF you're asking about SFSU...not until May xD

EDIT: [noob] What's a STD: based on the posts t sounds like a smashfest, but what do the exact letters stand for [/noob]
Umm you can just push R/L when you get hit near a wall/ledge, the only time you would have to hold another direction is if you would want to wall tech out, which you would only have to hold the opposite direction and push L/R XD.

An STD is a Smash Til Dawn kthx

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Umm you can just push R/L when you get hit near a wall/ledge, the only time you would have to hold another direction is if you would want to wall tech out, which you would only have to hold the opposite direction and push L/R XD.

An STD is a Smash Til Dawn kthx
Pssh, yeah. I hold prior for falco spikes b/c it seems much easier to tech that way. For marth though, I tech right when I get hit since wall teching out usually makes me kill myself :p *recalls teched x master prime's spikes* :)

Smash till dawn? HARDCORE O_O;

Bob Money

Smash Ace
ARRG i went there at around 5 o clock went to the ceaser chavez building and it was closed also went the other buildning DARn suz foir me well it was a fun bart trip anyway.

tyderiumDS

Smash Journeyman
Man lucien. You seem to have really muscled up since I last played you. We need to find a way to smash again sometime.

Ka-chow.

NoR4U29

Smash Apprentice
The tourney was pretty sweet, thought more people would show up tho.

Syra: Great come back to take 2nd. Yeah I'll be more prepared for you. Next tourney you need to play my other characters. Mario, Zelda/Sheik, and Yoshi

NoR4U29

Smash Apprentice
Syra:I don't want to be n00bish by just down smashing with Peach. Its so annoying. Yeah and I realized that I did DI to you alot. Then again Marth is a chain grab expert.

Top Bottom