• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SFSU Brawl Singles Bi-Weekly - May 10th (BRING WII + SSBB!)

syra76

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna talk to Cris tomorrow for the room ifo next Monday and the recorded crew battle.

I'll let you know then guys...

syra76

Smash Journeyman
No more bending over plz.

So yeah, next one 6th. Hosted by $nugs/Cris.

BTW, I updated the first page to include price of food/drink (we lost money last time selling $1/slice :(). Also, please check out Cris' site, he really wants CGC to become a norcal norm :)

http://web.mac.com/grayfoxsama/iWeb/CGC/Home.html

Location TBA - either the rosaparks rooms downstairs (back when Forward came) or the same weird room upstairs.

8AM-7PM

EazyP

Smash Ace
I'll try to make this one, just need to see if I have work monday and if I can get a ride with someone

But yeah I'll throw down the low tier love

SFSU has an arcade right? If it does, some people should meet me over at the MvC2 machine for a nice beatdown

jamminjohn

Smash Ace
hahaha syra's you're such a joy kill. bend over and i'll show you $2/slice. last one i swear.

maybe it should be $2/slice or $2.50 for a slice and a soda.

Bootleofwater

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there. I just need to be more cautious of where I park, I don't need another ticket. It's kinda cool how these tournaments are on Mondays since I always get Mondays off.

Hope to see everyone again.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Bring Lucien :o

What's Ike?

Hi EazyP and ppl who bendz overz

*goes back to studying*

EDIT: Yes, this time singles will start at 11, so excuses for missing it :p

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Woah, Ike looks like Marth (but isn't, I know)

Yeah EazyP, 11. Teams? Hmm, last time we started at 10:30 and ended singles at around 2:30...so approx 4 hours. Therefore, try being there around 3 for teams. :) Anyone want teams first instead?

Zoap

Smash Master
teams first then singles. most ppl wont enter teams if its second.

PS. I might go lol, wat are the buses from bart again :(

EazyP

Smash Ace
Yeah, teams first then singles for life

I just need a ride now, if SFAT & Blakmage goes I'll try and go with them, if they can't take me / don't go then I'll post for ride helpinz

syra76

Smash Journeyman
k, teams first.

Use the Muni #28 and get the bus transfer before leaving the BART.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Hey Zoap, Bart can't take you all the way to SFSU. After you get close enough, take route W on the underground Muni. It will eventually get to the street that is right in front of SFSU. The bus will also announce it, "San Francisco State University."

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Actually last time the singles first worked out pretty well, and it ensured singles didn't take 2394857 hours. Up to Syra of course but just want to express that either way can work.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the singles went really well. It's just that more ppl will join teams this way and everyone will come to singles now. If this method turns out worse, I'll just go back to singles first next tourney...

Zoap, don't do what KJW said. I think his method is more expensive and longer. Take the SF/Daly City straight to Daly City. When you get off, take the orange/yellow transfer from the machine before inputting your BART ticket. This will pay for the bus ride to state and back to BART o.o;

$nuggles

Smash Journeyman
I always just take bart to M at Balboa Park station. Stops right in front and you just pay for bart only. After bart it takes like 10-15 minutes.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
I suggest singles first just because it gives you (the organizer) time to get settled and prepare brackets for singles during teams (because they take longer). Also it gives the players a chance to warm up for singles, or helps some who may be late, because the majority of ppl, not all:p, go to tournaments for singles, so if they are running late they can still make it if it starts later.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
I suggest singles first just because it gives you (the organizer) time to get settled and prepare brackets for singles during teams (because they take longer). Also it gives the players a chance to warm up for singles, or helps some who may be late, because the majority of ppl, not all:p, go to tournaments for singles, so if they are running late they can still make it if it starts later.
You're a ******.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I was going to say something but I think Frotaz covered pretty much all of my points.

syra76

Smash Journeyman
That makes no sense sadowBTZO (sorry about that typo before BTW :p), unless you meant "I suggest teams first..."

If so, I totally agree...so...teams first - no more switching decisions, I promise :)

Check out first page for ALL info, except location. Speaking of which, Cris hasn't called me back yet...

P.S. I'm going to study like mad, for Tuesday's midterm. If I feel comfortable with my studying, I'll host the whole thing. Otherwise, $nugs has got it. Regardless, I'll show up and be in the background.

P.S.S. I realize the above info is old news, but I was incidentally on the second BTZO posted that and wanted to be the first to post lol or something. Instead, I kept getting a 'cannot find server' page when I tried posting. I also was no longer able to do any things that a logged in person could, yet I was still logged in (and I couldn't log out - even when clearing cookies). I know that Phil was having the same error. This has been happening on and off for me o_O; YOU STOLE MY MOMENT FROTAZ :(

Sorry <3 BTZO

EDIT: BTW, I told everyone to check out the site we created for CGC, this was the article for the tourney two weeks ago:

http://web.mac.com/grayfoxsama/iWeb/CGC/Entries/D184A221-78B7-4202-8A31-23EB56F851F4.html

Check it out. ;)

Bob Money

Smash Ace
i have work till 3 in SF, im gunna come by after ward ill get there maybe around 5-6 is that too late or will there still be smashing goin on, friendlies
HEY SYRA SIIIII EEEEDDD !! PM me your cell phone ill pm u mine

syra76

Smash Journeyman
BOBBETH WIT DA MONEYZ!

Sure, you can ***...er...come over. I left at 6 for class last time and a good portion was still there...

K, I'll PM you now. FYI, if the tournament is at the bottom, I don't get any reception so don't think I'm ignoring you during the tourney :p

Edit: $nugs, could you pm yours to me. I gave mine to you, but forgot to ask for yours. Sryz.

ShadowBTZO

Smash Lord
lol i meant teams first my bad, i was chatting on aim at the same time...yes yes johns johns i know -_-

EDIT: Btw im from tha deep o.O and i need a ride too, frotaz if ur going tell me plz <3 haha

Top Bottom