• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Seven Games Join the NES Online Library

NES_2024_July.jpg

Seven new NES titles are coming to the Nintendo Switch Online service:
  • Cobra Triangle
  • Solar Jetman
  • Mystery of Atlantis
  • Golf
  • Mach Rider
  • Donkey Kong Jr. Math
  • Urban Champion

The first two titles were developed by Rare and most others are first party Nintendo games from the NES’s early years. Notably, Mystery of Atlantis was previously available on the Japanese version of the service under the name Atlantis no Nazo. All titles are available to subscribers to the Nintendo Switch Online service on the Switch starting today.

Author’s Note: I’m surprised many of these games like Golf or Urban Champion weren’t available on the service before. Donkey Kong Jr. Math being here made me smile a bit too, I didn’t expect that to get rereleased.

Credits:
Writing: Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
Thumbnail: @Zerp

Last edited:
Champion of Hyrule

Comments

Hi,

🎮 There's something timeless about NES classics that keeps me coming back for more! From the pixel-perfect platforming of Mario to the challenging dungeons of Zelda, these games shaped my love for gaming. The simplicity of the controls and the creativity in level design are a testament to the ingenuity of their developers.

Who else finds themselves still playing NES games from time to time? What's your favorite classic from the NES era? Let's celebrate the games that started it all! 🕹✨

#NESClassics #GamingNostalgia #RetroGaming

Jack ;)

Games from Rare Limited include Cobra Triangle (1989), and Solar Jetman: Hunt for the Golden Warship (1990) but I would have loved to have seen North America get Battletoads too.

Top Bottom