• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Server Move Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheezball

Smash Ace
This slowing down is annoying me. Yesterday (May be 2+ days) I went to the bathroom, I got constipated from ****ing Sonic and I was in the bathroom for 2 hours and I started loading before I went bathroom, and when I came back from that fri**en night mare (IN PAIN FOR 2 HOURS!) it STILL was not done loading. I even forgot what I was doing. Then, after 2 more mins, it said "Can not connect". I was ticked off. This DID happen. :mad:

What I mean by this is that WE ALL NEED A ****IN' NEW SERVER!!!!:mad::mad:

Elysium

Smash Lord
Yea Gid...this is crazy.
I wasn't going to post here since I've been having the same problems with the slowdown, but I'd rather take a Falcon Punch to the face that have to deal with this all the way up til Brawl.

At least I feel like I did something....

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
*PC Starts an angry mob* *Throws molotov cocktail at new server* yeah can someone in the higher ups explain what exactly is going on ? everyone seems to have this problem can anything be done.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Take Brawl Talk 1.

Replace every single time Gimpy says "Ike" with "Smashboards."

That is a quite accurate comparison.

I'm not really complaining, much' I'd just like it to be faster. Much faster.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Take Brawl Talk 1.

Replace every single time Gimpy says "Ike" with "Smashboards."

That is a quite accurate comparison.

I'm not really complaining much; I'd just like it to be faster. Much faster.

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
I often get "Oops, this site cannot be found," "Web site not responding," or "Database Error" (and it normally takes a number of minutes just to get these error messages). I would estimate that I have about a 1/10 chance, at most, of having any page on SWF load at all. Refresh, refresh, refresh, and refresh again - and still nothing will load, even though I wait several minutes. I'm holding my breath that this message will even go through. Worst case is I'll have to hit "refresh" and this'll double or triple post.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
This darn server is too slow. I think we need a new server. Smashboards2.com which could be linked from the front page and transfer all accounts over to it. This server has been slow for everyone, and I know that. I've tried loading this page too many times before and I'm completely tired of all this crap. My computer is not slow in the least. Smashboards needs a new server, it's the truth.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
I agree SWF is extremely slow, it took me literally 2 hours to post/edit my skins on my countdown thread.
Accidental double posts are more common.

Is it because of all the people going on now? If so, I don't blame smashboards or the people.

Brawl is coming out next next Thursday, everyone should be excited.

OffTheChain

Smash Ace
The only time I can catch a decent load speed is at night, I am assuming this is because all the Brawl section spammers have school and have departed to bed as must of them seem rather young but still something needs to be done.

Fixitplease

Smash Rookie
Cant get confirmation code.

Hi. I'm new to the boards... kinda.

There currently is an issue that is annoying me. I cannot post on my main account which I created around last week because I cannot get my confirmation codes sent to my email.
My account is "TheScapeKid" and the email is "TheScapeKid@yahoo.com" while this account was created through a test email account at "@live.com"

I've tried searching for topics which might address this issue but have found none. I've tried numerous times to send the confirmation codes to my main accounts email through the table located below the account login and above the forum sections (atleast when you havent finished activating the account). And I've also tried using the "alert admin." function in the same box.

Any information and/or a possible fix would be much appreciated.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Hmm, well you're actually another person with a Yahoo account who's having trouble getting the registration e-mail. I'm wondering if they're filtering out those messages.

Could you send me an e-mail from that account, just to confirm that it exists? kirbyking [at] smashboards.com will work fine.

Fixitplease

Smash Rookie
Attn: Kirby King

Could you send me an e-mail from that account, just to confirm that it exists? kirbyking [at] smashboards.com will work fine.
Email sent to (Kirbyking smashboards.com).

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
In the morning everything loads well. During the afternoon, nothing really ever loads
Same here. Sometimes, I go to load a page, and nothing will show up after an hour of clicking retry. This is, of course, assuming that I have an hour to waste for such pursuits, which is rare.

Kadet4

Smash Cadet
Same here. Sometimes, I go to load a page, and nothing will show up after an hour of clicking retry. This is, of course, assuming that I have an hour to waste for such pursuits, which is rare.
Same for me, too. Glad I'm not the only one.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Server is soo slow that Im not sure my post will come up. It's pretty decent in the morning. . .but once 1:00 comes it turns to mud.

SlayerOfEvil

Smash Apprentice
Same problem, that JUST happened to me!!

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
I think we need to have another board. Maybe Brawlcentral can be a secondary site?

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
Thier must be too many people on the server at once, because when I use it in the morning I barely get loading pages.

Gideon

Moreliator
BRoomer
so far it seems like it's better. thx Gideon
Well for now. There won't be a permanent fix until we get that RAM upgrade one or figure something else out. But honestly, just hang in there a few more days and we should have this all straightened out.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It seems to be better now, still a little slow but only time will tell how good it is since sometimes I get to browse one or two threads before I get problems.

Foe

Smash Journeyman
Well for now. There won't be a permanent fix until we get that RAM upgrade one or figure something else out. But honestly, just hang in there a few more days and we should have this all straightened out.
Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom